Pluto's has 4 Moons

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
BBC News - Hubble spies fourth moon at Pluto

_54157945_pluto.jpg

"It becomes the fourth object known to be circling the distant world after the long-recognised Charon and recently observed Nix and Hydra satellites."

OK?

But Earth's Moon, which was supposedly the end result of a Mars size planet crashing into Earth (don't laugh) is our one and only Moon. There is no orbiting debris, no other small moons as a result of this titanic impact (stop laughing, this is serious, this is the best explanation as to how Earth has a Moon as large as it does) just one really big Moon way too large to have been captured by our gravity, shows the same face to us all the time and just so happens to be the only Moon in the solar system the exact apparent size as the Sun.

I was never in favor of Pluto's demotion.

Just because it's small and way the fuck out there and takes a couple of hundred years to orbit the sun.

Sounds discriminatory.

And I don't give a shit what they say, Pluto will always be a planet in good standing to me.

Last edited:

Just because it's small and way the fuck out there and takes a couple of hundred years to orbit the sun.

Sounds discriminatory.

And I don't give a shit what they say, Pluto will always be a planet in good standing to me.

We gave my Dad a Sweatshirt that said something like "Back in my day Pluto was a planet"

_54157945_pluto.jpg

"It becomes the fourth object known to be circling the distant world after the long-recognised Charon and recently observed Nix and Hydra satellites."

OK?

But Earth's Moon, which was supposedly the end result of a Mars size planet crashing into Earth (don't laugh) is our one and only Moon. There is no orbiting debris, no other small moons as a result of this titanic impact (stop laughing, this is serious, this is the best explanation as to how Earth has a Moon as large as it does) just one really big Moon way too large to have been captured by our gravity, shows the same face to us all the time and just so happens to be the only Moon in the solar system the exact apparent size as the Sun.

Sure Frank. And you state that it is hollow. With Gray's manning the controls, correct? Or was that Sasquatchs?

_54157945_pluto.jpg

OK?

Your point and why would anyone be laughing?

Sounds discriminatory.

Well, it was either that or make other recently discovered Kuiper Belt bodies that are larger than Pluto, planets. Since Pluto and those other bodies were distinctly different and much smaller than the rocky and gaseous planets, a new designation was created.

Sounds discriminatory.

I solidly agree with you on pluto. This debate is going to restart again in the future as we could find other planets larger then pluto out there. What is a dwarf and what is a planet? Pluto was a planet for 70 years and would of put any debate to sleep forever as we could say that if the spherical world was smaller then pluto=dwarf and if it was bigger=planet. I guess the idiots went to bitch and whine again in the future.:eek::eek:

Cru opines

Do you have an alternate theory to explain the existence of Eath's moon, Cru?

Clearly you think the currently held theory is laughable.

_54157945_pluto.jpg

OK?

Sure Frank. And you state that it is hollow. With Gray's manning the controls, correct? Or was that Sasquatchs?

You don't pay attention. I said there is more solid scientific evidence that the Moon may in fact be a hollow artificial satellite than there is for "ManMade Global Warming"

Cru opines

The current theory is laughable because our ego won't accept the more likely alternative.

Consider that the current theory tries to make sense of the facts that the Moon is even there in the first place: it's way too big. When discussing the improbability of an Earth sized planet having a Moon sized object in orbit, Astrophysicts Irwin Shapiro told his class the best explanation was "the Moon is an observational error -- it does not exist"

It may not all be coincidence that us little shoe wearing monkeys have a satellite the same apparent size as the Sun orbiting Earth. What's the big deal if it's artificial?

Cru opines

The current theory is laughable because our ego won't accept the more likely alternative.

Consider that the current theory tries to make sense of the facts that the Moon is even there in the first place: it's way too big. When discussing the improbability of an Earth sized planet having a Moon sized object in orbit, Astrophysicts Irwin Shapiro told his class the best explanation was "the Moon is an observational error -- it does not exist"

It may not all be coincidence that us little shoe wearing monkeys have a satellite the same apparent size as the Sun orbiting Earth. What's the big deal if it's artificial?

What IS the "more likely alternative?", Cru?

Cru opines

More likely that it's hollow and artificial

More likely that it's hollow and artificial

What is the evidence for it being hollow? You're aware that there isn't a substance dense enough to allow the orbital pattern it follows if it's not solid correct? Mass can be measured by distance, trajectory, and size.

Forum List

Back