The Space Shuttle Landed This Morning

Ten thousand more added to the unemployment list.. I suppose I should celebrate that along with you dimocrats.. because it does make obiedoodle look bad donut? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey, here's an idea. Tell me what you think:

Maybe the government could hire those people to do other jobs. We could have a jobs program where we pay unemployed Americans like those leaving NASA to do all sorts of infrastructure projects, and they could even put their engineering knowledge to work. We could hire tens of thousands!

Would be nice wouldn't it. Except obie doodle pissed away all the money he coudda shuddda used for such a program. Now we have no more money.. too bad. "giggle giggle,, I guess those shovel ready jobs were'nt as shovel ready as we thought huh? giggle giggle smirk smirk" PUKE.

Last edited:
According to conservative principles, this is how you CREATE jobs -

cutting government spending.:lol:

It's hilarious to watch rightwingers throw themselves under the bus.

Woe unto you oh hypocrite, these ten thousand will now be increasing government spending ie unemployment checks, only now it will be non productive. that's something you dimocrats love is non productive..

there is nothing as worse as to see someone lament and hate for no real reason. The NASA program has other pans in the fire. At least no one died in this journey. The shuttles are old and dangerous.

so are the ones they will be using in the meantime........

The Russian rockets? When was the last time someone died in a Soyuz capsule?

Last edited:
Ten thousand more added to the unemployment list.. I suppose I should celebrate that along with you dimocrats.. because it does make obiedoodle look bad donut? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe the government could hire those people to do other jobs. We could have a jobs program where we pay unemployed Americans like those leaving NASA to do all sorts of infrastructure projects, and they could even put their engineering knowledge to work. We could hire tens of thousands!

Would be nice wouldn't it. Except obie doodle pissed away all the money he coudda shuddda used for such a program. Now we have no more money.. too bad. "giggle giggle,, I guess those shovel ready jobs were'nt as shovel ready as we thought huh? giggle giggle smirk smirk" PUKE.

lol.... A so-called conservative advocating for a massive government jobs program - all in order to take a cheap shot at Obama.

This is quite possibly the dumbest and most hypocritical thread I've seen on this board.

lol.... A so-called conservative advocating for a massive government jobs program - all in order to take a cheap shot at Obama.

This is quite possibly the dumbest and most hypocritical thread I've seen on this board.

consider the source

What's the difference in employing Americans and employing
Russians? Why do you hate America?

Woe unto you oh hypocrite, these ten thousand will now be increasing government spending ie unemployment checks, only now it will be non productive. that's something you dimocrats love is non productive..

So you agree, cutting government spending is a job killer, not a job creator.

What's the difference.. It would be one thing to cut the NASA space program and unemploy ten thousand but quite another to send Russia (thereby employing Russians" 60 Billion to take one astronaut up to our space station. I thought you dimocrats wanted Americans to have jobs. but I see now that was also a lie?

there is nothing as worse as to see someone lament and hate for no real reason. The NASA program has other pans in the fire. At least no one died in this journey. The shuttles are old and dangerous.

For those keeping score at home, the answer to the above is: 1971.

Claiming that the modules we'll be using "in the meantime" are dangerous is just silly. They have the best safety record of any long-term manned space vehicle.

What's the difference in employing Americans and employing
Russians?

The difference is that the Russians can do the same job for about 10% of the cost. That's the difference.

Should NASA break their contract with Soyuz?

Last edited:
and poof 3,9000 people become instantly unemployed. As soon as they wrap things up in Orlando and Houston that number grows to ten thousand. Way to go obiedoodle now you want the taxpayer to pony up 60Billion to Russia to send one of our guys to the space station. You're so fucking brilliant.

Why does obama hate America?
its more like 50 million dollars Willow......:eusa_angel:

Claiming that the modules we'll be using "in the meantime" are dangerous is just silly. They have the best safety record of any long-term manned space vehicle.

You so happy Russians are employed and Americans are unemplyed you just can't stand it..

how many zeroes seperate Willow's number from the actual number

"Details of a follow-on program are still pending, but the overall objective is to build new spaceships that can travel beyond the station's 250-mile (400-km) orbit and send astronauts to the moon, asteroids and other destinations in deep space."

Then why are ten thousand going to be unemployed? Answer me that?

Because, according to ten thousand conservatives I've heard say it,

Government can't do anything right.

We need smaller government.

No new taxes.

14 trillion dollars in debt.

Trillion dollar deficit.

You so happy Russians are employed and Americans are unemplyed you just can't stand it..

No, I'm just happy you've been exposed as a complete fucking tool....

again.

What's the difference.. It would be one thing to cut the NASA space program and unemploy ten thousand but quite another to send Russia (thereby employing Russians" 60 Billion to take one astronaut up to our space station. I thought you dimocrats wanted Americans to have jobs. but I see now that was also a lie?

We don't pay Russia 60B per astronaut.

In fact, we have a 15 seat contract for about 700M. That's less than 50M / flight. The Shuttle costs multiples of that just to scrub the toilet. Oh, and it blows up from time to time.

Willow is a classic example of what I've said many times:

Conservatives don't want smaller government; they want YOUR government smaller, so there's more to spend on theirs.

As much as I appreciate the space program, we simply can not afford it right now. I am a science nut and I loved the shuttle missions but even I found them redundant...and extremely costly.

Just as government will need to lay off unecessary employees, the space prrogram must do the same. In both cases it is unfortunate....but things for all of us wont get better until we allow it to first get worse for many of us...

In the meantime, we worked well with other developed nations and they can continue space exploration in our absence...and when we are back on our feet again, I am sure we will be able to join them again...and likely bring it to another level.

Until then, those rocket scientists are going to have to find alternative opportunities....just as other government employees that are found to be unecessary.

This is how Reaganism busted the budget. They went for huge tax cuts, figuring that all sorts of spending cuts would accompany it, then,

one by one, the special interests - Democrat and Republican - weaseled out of giving up their share of the benefits of the spending,

and kept their pet programs going, and, voila,

triple digit deficits.

It's no different now. As you see, even the conservative-est of conservatives squeal like pigs when its their turn to get poked by the knife.

Forum List

Back