The Space Shuttle Landed This Morning

So you agree, cutting government spending is a job killer, not a job creator.

What's the difference.. It would be one thing to cut the NASA space program and unemploy ten thousand but quite another to send Russia (thereby employing Russians" 60 Billion to take one astronaut up to our space station. I thought you dimocrats wanted Americans to have jobs. but I see now that was also a lie?

Willow is a classic example of what I've said many times:

Conservatives don't want smaller government; they want YOUR government smaller, so there's more to spend on theirs.

too generalized a statement....but putting that aside....

Most conservatives...and I include willow in this (without your spin) want government to stop growing as they try to interfere with the lives of the private sector and get back to doing what WE BELIEVE they are supposed to be doing.....things we CAN NOT do for ourselves.

It really is not a difficult thing to understand. You dont have to agree with it...but it really is not that difficult to comprehend.

lol.... A so-called conservative advocating for a massive government jobs program - all in order to take a cheap shot at Obama.

This is quite possibly the dumbest and most hypocritical thread I've seen on this board.

What's the difference in employing Americans and employing
Russians?

The difference is that the Russians can do the same job for about 10% of the cost. That's the difference.
Should NASA break their contract with Soyuz?

So, now we can expect that you libturds will cease and desist bitching cause the Chinese can make things cheaper than Americans.. I'm so glad you finally see the light of day..

What's the difference.. It would be one thing to cut the NASA space program and unemploy ten thousand but quite another to send Russia (thereby employing Russians" 60 Billion to take one astronaut up to our space station. I thought you dimocrats wanted Americans to have jobs. but I see now that was also a lie?

Conservatives don't want smaller government; they want YOUR government smaller, so there's more to spend on theirs.

Most conservatives...and I include willow in this (without your spin) want government to stop growing as they try to interfere with the lives of the private sector and get back to doing what WE BELIEVE they are supposed to be doing.....things we CAN NOT do for ourselves.

It really is not a difficult thing to understand. You dont have to agree with it...but it really is not that difficult to comprehend.

OK, but Willow is here arguing we need to maintain a massive government program that we don't need and can do "ourselves" for far less money.

That's diametrically opposed to your premise.

What's the difference in employing Americans and employing
Russians?

The difference is that the Russians can do the same job for about 10% of the cost. That's the difference.
Should NASA break their contract with Soyuz?

So, now we can expect that you libturds will cease and desist bitching cause the Chinese can make things cheaper than Americans.. I'm so glad you finally see the light of day..

If you think I bitch because the Chinese can make things cheaper than we do you clearly don't spend much time reading my posts.

instead, we have you bitching because the Russians can.

OK, but Willow is here arguing we need to maintain a massive government program that we don't need and can do "ourselves" for far less money.

So, now we can expect that you libturds will cease and desist bitching cause the Chinese can make things cheaper than Americans.. I'm so glad you finally see the light of day..:lol::lol::lol:

Yes...willow and I disagree with this topic. Just as liberals dont agree on everything, neither do conservatives. It does not make one conservative a hypocrite.....it simply means we see certain things differently.
Personally, I am sick and tired of cries of hypocrisy on this forum. All are created eaqual...but thank God not all think exactly alike.
different ideas is what creates progress. Lets not criticize each other for it. Thank each other for it.

How many zeroes difference are between Willow's lying, made up number and the *actual* cost to the Russians?

When Bugs says "what a Maroon," it's like, it fits so perfect.

Maybe some of the highly exhalted "job creators" sitting on mountains of cash will hire them.

But wait, why would they hire a bunch of overpaid Americans when they can go to China or Pakistan or India and pay fraction for the same labor and keep their mountains of cash?

Not to mention that a lot of those NASA workers are union people. Not just private sector union people but public sector union people; the worst people in the world!

I would think the right would be cheering the fact that 10,000 public sector union workers are losing their jobs.

The decision to cease shuttle flight was made seven years ago, barely a year after the Columbia tragedy. President Barack Obama nixed President George W. Bush's lunar goals, however, opting instead for astronaut expeditions to an asteroid and Mars.

Last-ditch appeals to keep shuttles flying by such NASA legends as Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong and Mission Control founder Christopher Kraft landed flat.

It comes down to money.

Last space shuttle comes home, ends 30-year era - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

We have to move forward at some point.

So slamming the door accomplishes that?

Right now we cannot repair anything in space unless we beg the Russians.

Damn security risk.

And let's not forget the brain drain going to other countries beginning today.

Talking about outsourcing jobs.

But they are government jobs. We need to cut spending, remember? I would think you and Willow would be happy about this.

Maybe some of the highly exhalted "job creators" sitting on mountains of cash will hire them.

But wait, why would they hire a bunch of overpaid Americans when they can go to China or Pakistan or India and pay fraction for the same labor and keep their mountains of cash?

I think you have your finger on the problem.

Thanks to Unions Americans are overpaid and lazy.

I was a member for 8 years. They never did anything for me other then force us out on strike so the company could remove everything they had gained during collective bargaining.

Only person the unions help these days is repeat offender employees that normally get fired.

Last edited:

Damn security risk.

But they are government jobs. We need to cut spending, remember? I would think you and Willow would be happy about this.

Cutting spending by outsourcing jobs?

I would think there are better ways of cutting spending.

How bout stop spending $900 bil a year on welfare programs they don't call welfare anymore. Paying the rent and utility bills through HUD for families that won't work. They have AC, cell-phones, flat-panel TVs, nice cars, XBOX360s, etc,.

These people are simply non-productive consumers. 16 Trillion spent on the War On Poverty and the rolls of the poor grew rather then declined.

Ever wonder why Obama's poll numbers never dip below 40%?

Because 1 out of every 7 Americans collects some sort of govenment assistance.

40 million Americans.

Remove all the money it takes to keep Democraps in power and the budget is balanced and the debt shrinks to nothing in 10 years.

Obama does not share the American sense of boldness and adventure that was encapsulated in the space program. He views it as extraterrestrial Colonialism and decide to kill it.

I think you have your finger on the problem.

Thanks to Unions Americans are overpaid and lazy.

I was a member for 8 years. They never did anything for me other then force us out on strike so the company could remove everything they had gained during collective bargaining.

Only person the unions help these days is repeat offender employees that normally get fired.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Obama does not share the American sense of boldness and adventure that was encapsulated in the space program. He views it as extraterrestrial Colonialism and decide to kill it.

What funded and scheduled mission did Obama cancel?

Obama took the American spirit out of the space program and turned it into an AGW Monitoring and Muslin outreach organization.

It will give the Republicans yet another Obama Failure to turn back on him.

Obama May Cancel Space Shuttle Replacement - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com

Damn security risk.

We'll be even happier when the jobs numbers come out.. poor obie doodle.

Forum List

Back