The Sound of Settled Science

Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't observe any absorption of IR in her experiment...and the temperature differences she noted were due to the higher partial pressure in the CO2 cylinder.
That is not correct. You got it backwards. You are confusing elevated pressure from heat with heat caused by elevated pressure. Any elevated pressure is proof that the gas was heating up.

There were several experiments by Foote each having definitive concurrent controls.

She didn't observe any absorption of IR in her experiment...and the temperature differences she noted were due to the higher partial pressure in the CO2 cylinder.
That is not correct. You got it backwards. You are confusing elevated pressure from heat with heat caused by elevated pressure. Any elevated pressure is proof that the gas was heating up.

There were several experiments by Foote each having definitive concurrent controls.

Again...she exposed the glass to direct sunlight...how much far IR is in the solar spectrum...it's an easy question...how much?

Since it is the oceans that drive the climate, it is precisely the point. Let me guess...you don't think the oceans drive the climate...

Completely irrelevant to the point.

What we have is that the oceans and rain remove CO2 from the air, animals, decomposing plants, burning things, etc... put it in.

Normally that's fine, it balances out... But when humans put more CO2 into the air than the system can handle THAT'S A FUCKING PROBLEM

upload_2019-5-11_11-56-11.jpeg

What we have is that the oceans and rain remove CO2 from the air, animals, decomposing plants, burning things, etc... put it in.

Rain removes CO2 from the air? Really? Tell me...how does that work.

Normally that's fine, it balances out... But when humans put more CO2 into the air than the system can handle THAT'S A FUCKING PROBLEM

Humans don't generate enough CO2 to overcome the natural variation from year to year in the earth's own CO2 making machinery...hell termites alone produce twice the amount of CO2 that we make... You really are a dupe.

Again...she exposed the glass to direct sunlight...how much far IR is in the solar spectrum...it's an easy question...how much?
Of course no LWIR penetrated the glass.The sun heated the glass equally in both the control and test cylinders. IR radiated from the inside surface of the cylinders.

Hear that wuwei....JoeB says that rain removes CO2 from the air...You will jump on anyone's wagon won't you?...so long as what they are saying seems to agree with your beliefs...

How about you and joe get together and tell me about how rain removes CO2 from the air...I am literally laughing out loud over that one... So tell me...what is the mechanism by which rain removes CO2 from the air..

Never said it didn't. You show me a universe where long wave infrared can penetrate water

NOthing to do with the point... It's so funny when the apes try to use science.

Dude, you don't even qualify as an ape. You have the intellect of a flea. And you are every bit as annoying.

Unlike you I AM a scientist.

Of course no LWIR penetrated the glass.The sun heated the glass equally in both the control and test cylinders. IR radiated from the inside surface of the cylinders.

No...IR conducted from the surface of the glass into the air...is there anything that doesn't fool you? Are you ready to defend JoeB and his claim that rain removes CO2 from the air? Lets hear the defense of that one...He is making all his claims about AGW based on his understanding of how energy moves through the system...You going to defend his understanding....

Explain how his belief that rain removes CO2 from the air equates to his being right about AGW...

Never said it didn't. You show me a universe where long wave infrared can penetrate water

Dude, you don't even qualify as an ape. You have the intellect of a flea. And you are every bit as annoying.

You catch that bit about rain from the ocean removing CO2 from the air?

No...IR conducted from the surface of the glass into the air...is there anything that doesn't fool you? Are you ready to defend JoeB and his claim that rain removes CO2 from the air? Lets hear the defense of that one...He is making all his claims about AGW based on his understanding of how energy moves through the system...You going to defend his understanding....

Explain how his belief that rain removes CO2 from the air equates to his being right about AGW...
Joe is wrong.

Joe is wrong.[/QUOTE]

But you are on his wagon...like the idiot who had you convinced that a flashlight represented a spontaneous process...you will jump on any idiot's wagon so long as they seem to be supporting you...I am literally laughing out loud at you..

Yes, these fools are so moronic it defies reality.

I already know job can't wipe his own ass, it's beginning to look like wuwei is either a job sock, or he is every bit as stupid.

Since it is the oceans that drive the climate, it is precisely the point. Let me guess...you don't think the oceans drive the climate...

Completely irrelevant to the point.

View attachment 260399

How about the million or so undersea volcanoes that science has overlooked for decades...you think they put CO2 into the air?

Yes, these fools are so moronic it defies reality.

I already know job can't wipe his own ass, it's beginning to look like wuwei is either a job sock, or he is every bit as stupid.

Wuwei jumps on anyone's wagon who seems to be supporting him...he went on for days once claiming that a f'ing flashlight was a spontaneous process because some nut job told him that an LED was an example of energy moving from cool to warm...if he weren't so damned tedious...he would be hilarious.

Wuwei jumps on anyone's wagon who seems to be supporting him...he went on for days once claiming that a f'ing flashlight was a spontaneous process because some nut job told him that an LED was an example of energy moving from cool to warm...if he weren't so damned tedious...he would be hilarious.

That is a total lie.
A battery discharging through a conductor IS spontaneous.

Look it up.

Give it up man.. Those statements are only about the INCREASED efficiency of infra red on DIRECT radiation to objects OTHER then air.. Never blatantly says the "air can NOT be warned" by IR.. Only that the heat capacity of the AIR is much less than the heat capacity of a steakburger or a human body..

The air can be heated by energy...just not in the form of infrared....as if it really mattered since radiation is barely a bit player in the movement of energy through the troposphere. Conduction is the primary mode of energy movement through the troposphere...climate models, war mists, and luke warmers assume wrongly that radiation is the primary means of energy transport through the troposphere which is why the climate models fail so miserably.

If you have some experimental evidence that establishes a coherent link between the absorption of IR by a trace gas and warming in the atmosphere, I would like to see it. My bet, however, is that no such evidence will be forthcoming.

Flacalten is correct. Experiments to show IR heats CO2 has been shown in science fair type experiments, not to mention Foote's controlled experiment.

Oh, you mean science fair experiments like the one Bill Nye had to fake?

That is a total lie.
A battery discharging through a conductor IS spontaneous.

Look it up.

Did the battery require energy from its surroundings in order to have energy to discharge? If you didn't charge the battery, would it discharge? Sorry that this simple concept is so difficult for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back