The Sound of Settled Science

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Younger Dryas was a period of cooling, NOT warming. While CO2 does influence climate, no one says it's the only factor. The Younger Dryas is believed to have been caused by a disruption of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation.
Younger Dryas - Wikipedia
Atlantic meridional overturning circulation - Wikipedia
7C warmer CO2 210 ppm
Check your sources.
From the wiki article:

"The change was relatively sudden, taking place in decades, and it resulted in a decline of 2 to 6 degrees Celsius (3.6 to 10.8 degrees Fahrenheit) and advances of glaciers and drier conditions"

I think you're mistaking local conditions for global ones. The article you quote is about the North Atlantic Subtropical Gyre, not the world in general.

The Younger Dryas was a period of cooling, NOT warming. While CO2 does influence climate, no one says it's the only factor. The Younger Dryas is believed to have been caused by a disruption of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation.
7C warmer CO2 210 ppm
Check your sources.
From the wiki article:

"The change was relatively sudden, taking place in decades, and it resulted in a decline of 2 to 6 degrees Celsius (3.6 to 10.8 degrees Fahrenheit) and advances of glaciers and drier conditions"

I think you're mistaking local conditions for global ones. The article you quote is about the North Atlantic Subtropical Gyre, not the world in general.
One minute while I go modify your wiki article.

7C warmer CO2 210 ppm
Check your sources.
From the wiki article:

What do you have against a possible man-made global warming? Did I miss where Trump declared it fake?

7C warmer CO2 210 ppm
Check your sources.
From the wiki article:

The only proxy studies that we have with sufficient resolution to make claims about how fast climate has changed in the past are ice cores done above the arctic and antarctic circles and they show greater changes than we have seen happening far faster than anything we have seen. Your claim that the present change is "sudden" and unprecedented is debunked by the facts.

Poor baby needs to fabricate strawmen to defend the propaganda he’s swallowed whole without thinking.

what propaganda. I'm 57 years old. I know it's warmer now than when I was a kid.
There you have it folks. ‘Science’ of the Left.
I remember our winters. It's warmer.

Memories tend to be terribly flawed. What region are you from? I would be happy to provide you with a regional temperature history to demonstrate that relying on your memory to accurately determine any long term trend is a wasted effort.

The only proxy studies that we have with sufficient resolution to make claims about how fast climate has changed in the past are ice cores done above the arctic and antarctic circles and they show greater changes than we have seen happening far faster than anything we have seen. Your claim that the present change is "sudden" and unprecedented is debunked by the facts.
I made no such "claims". I was quoting an article. Also, just because a change in climate had one cause, moving continents for example, doesn't mean it couldn't have a different cause at a different time.

7C warmer CO2 210 ppm
Check your sources.
From the wiki article:

You going to modify the article you quoted, too? It obviously wasn't about global warming.

7C warmer CO2 210 ppm
Check your sources.
From the wiki article:

You going to modify the article you quoted, too? It obviously wasn't about global warming.
You Leftards hate science because it denies everything you stand for.

Poor baby needs to fabricate strawmen to defend the propaganda he’s swallowed whole without thinking.

what propaganda. I'm 57 years old. I know it's warmer now than when I was a kid.
There you have it folks. ‘Science’ of the Left.
I remember our winters. It's warmer.

Memories tend to be terribly flawed. What region are you from? I would be happy to provide you with a regional temperature history to demonstrate that relying on your memory to accurately determine any long term trend is a wasted effort.
Well, if you want a long term trend, are you disputing that the planet is growing warmer?

Personally I like that winters are milder than they were when I was a kid.

I made no such "claims". I was quoting an article. Also, just because a change in climate had one cause, moving continents for example, doesn't mean it couldn't have a different cause at a different time.

There are no ice core temperature reconstructions that go back far enough for moving continents to have been a factor. For example, according to climate science, the gold standard temperature reconstructions are the GISP2 ice core reconstruction done from ice cores taken from Greenland, and the Vostok ice core reconstruction derived from ice cores taken in the Antarctic.

Both cover the last 10,000 years. Both show similar temperature increases and decreases and both show that in the past 10,000 years, there have been multiple temperature shifts that were both greater, and faster than any temperature change we have seen. In addition, both show that the present is cooler than it has been for most of the past 10,000 years.

True, these are both derived from arctic regions, but climate science has been telling us for decades that the polar regions are the "canaries in the coal mine" and what happens in the arctic regions will also happen over the rest of the globe...and multiple studies across the globe have shown that the temperature spikes and drops over the past 10,000 years were indeed global...and that it is cooler now than it has been for most of the past 10,000 years.

greenland-gisp2-ice-core-last-10000-years.png

Vostok_to_10Kybp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back