CDZ The shape of things to come ... unless

Trading one program for another? Brownback is smart to move the burden onto a very bad program passed without a single Republican vote

LOL A truly myopic spin by the infamous creator of the Idiot-gram. Well done sir, well done.

And that response is supposed to inform what ? Other than you don't have a response.

The program hurts in many states and when Kansas Children are starving to death get back to us.

You read what you want to read, sans any effort to think. Do you even know the meaning of the word myopic?

Do you live in Kansas ?

Didn't think so.

I've driven through, which has as much relevance as you dumb question.

And don't pretend to think, or if you do someday, prove it by posting something thoughtful and substantive.

Thanks for admitting that you really have no clue about the things on which you blather.

Pitiful. An opinion based on bias sans evidence ^^^

An honest Look at what a liberal ideologue in a very red and blue states did, and the outcome is evidence that the on going meme from the left is total bullshit.

Do you believe Gov. Brown in CA is left of center? Want to compared CA under Brown, and Kansas, Louisiana or the Federal Administrations of R's and D's?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/23/u...omy-republicans-have-a-data-problem.html?_r=0

In Kansas, Brownback tried a red-state ‘experiment.’ Now he may be paying a political price

Another classic approach.

I read the first article. The one that talks about well President Clinton did. This is life "under the democrats". Who was on the other side of things ? Let's see. That's right. In 1994, the country threw the democrats out of the house and senate. They put in a group of hard line republicans. President Clinton then got very pragmatic, threw the far left under the bus and went to work.

And you have the nerve to call others myopic. That is beyond retarded.

This entire board spends it's time arguing about Obama. He certainly has his influence, but to think that you can attribute the entire economy to one person is simply stupid. Even in situations where dictators run the show...they can't control the economy of smaller countries.....

But we somehow think that one person can manage the most complex economy (by far) on earth.

Brownback is an idiot. Has been from the start. But he get's his power from the fact that the hard right of the GOP has managed to basically obliterate the moderates in the state house and senate. That didn't just happen and it hasn't been corrected. The people of Kansas are getting what they asked for.

But to think that Kansas is now slipping into some form of poverty is stupid.

Kansas, like most of the midwest does not swing as wildly as the coasts. Right now the unemployment rate is 4.4% and appears to still be dropping. That's not a problem for anyone...is it ?

The problem with Obama is that he is largely unlikable. Or at least the persona we see isn't.

Reagan did a lot of things I don't think I agreed with nor would I have done. But he won a second term landslide because of ONE reason, no matter what happened there NEVER was a question of what country Reagan loved.

That is all I can expect from our president, I don't get that with this one.

For example, when he called the US the greatest nation on Earth then asked the audience to help him change the US.

We are farther down the road under Obama in many regards.

My complaint against the GOP is that they had the opportunity back then to change some things around (imagine what would have happened if they had stepped forth and said...we do have a health insurance issue). Instead they became just like the looters of the far left and now we get things like Obama.

I don't like Obama either. But I don't blame him for the ills of the country. It is much more complex than that.

Don't forget the GOP has had the house now for five years. They were hired to stop Obama. They have on many fronts.

But where is the GOP leading on any of the key issues of the day ?

How can you blame Republicans yet not blame democrats, who were in power for nearly 10 years and Obama for 7? If nothing else they are BOTH at fault.

As I said in other posts. I expect the president to be a cheer leader. Someone who unites not divides. I don't see that in the country nor do I see it with Obama. Of all things the country is split over race, what is that all about? BS in my opinion.

But I do agree with you. The republicans were handed a mandate and what did they do? They jumped in bed with Obama. Especially over the budget and TPP.

I blame them both.

I expect more of the right leaning portion of this country.

You can't say "we want smaller government" and then ignore what that brings with it.

In 1993 when Hillarycare was first put out and then shot down....I recall telling people that just because we didn't like what she was doing DID NOT mean we don't have a problem.

Bush had the whole show for six years. Did we need government run health care ? Probably not. Did we need to address the issue of people not being able to get affordable insurance...yes we did. Clinton could have done a better job too.

You are correct in your assertions about Reagan. He was a confidence builder.

Obama has really turned out to be more like Carter.

Carter wasn't a bad guy or a terrible president (he wasn't good either). But he came across all wrong. That is why the country finally broke for R.R. in 1980 and brought him back in a near clean sweep in 1984. Had he tried to campaign in Minnisota and D.C. he would have won every electoral vote.

Pitiful. An opinion based on bias sans evidence ^^^

An honest Look at what a liberal ideologue in a very red and blue states did, and the outcome is evidence that the on going meme from the left is total bullshit.

Do you believe Gov. Brown in CA is left of center? Want to compared CA under Brown, and Kansas, Louisiana or the Federal Administrations of R's and D's?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/23/u...omy-republicans-have-a-data-problem.html?_r=0

In Kansas, Brownback tried a red-state ‘experiment.’ Now he may be paying a political price

I read the first article. The one that talks about well President Clinton did. This is life "under the democrats". Who was on the other side of things ? Let's see. That's right. In 1994, the country threw the democrats out of the house and senate. They put in a group of hard line republicans. President Clinton then got very pragmatic, threw the far left under the bus and went to work.

This entire board spends it's time arguing about Obama. He certainly has his influence, but to think that you can attribute the entire economy to one person is simply stupid. Even in situations where dictators run the show...they can't control the economy of smaller countries.....

But we somehow think that one person can manage the most complex economy (by far) on earth.

Brownback is an idiot. Has been from the start. But he get's his power from the fact that the hard right of the GOP has managed to basically obliterate the moderates in the state house and senate. That didn't just happen and it hasn't been corrected. The people of Kansas are getting what they asked for.

Kansas, like most of the midwest does not swing as wildly as the coasts. Right now the unemployment rate is 4.4% and appears to still be dropping. That's not a problem for anyone...is it ?

The problem with Obama is that he is largely unlikable. Or at least the persona we see isn't.

Reagan did a lot of things I don't think I agreed with nor would I have done. But he won a second term landslide because of ONE reason, no matter what happened there NEVER was a question of what country Reagan loved.

For example, when he called the US the greatest nation on Earth then asked the audience to help him change the US.

My complaint against the GOP is that they had the opportunity back then to change some things around (imagine what would have happened if they had stepped forth and said...we do have a health insurance issue). Instead they became just like the looters of the far left and now we get things like Obama.

I don't like Obama either. But I don't blame him for the ills of the country. It is much more complex than that.

Don't forget the GOP has had the house now for five years. They were hired to stop Obama. They have on many fronts.

How can you blame Republicans yet not blame democrats, who were in power for nearly 10 years and Obama for 7? If nothing else they are BOTH at fault.

As I said in other posts. I expect the president to be a cheer leader. Someone who unites not divides. I don't see that in the country nor do I see it with Obama. Of all things the country is split over race, what is that all about? BS in my opinion.

McConnell and Boehner + the rules in the H. of Rep and Senate dispel putting the blame on President Obama. Obama took power in Jan 2009 and had no blueprint to follow given the foreign and domestic crisis' facing him. He needed to act quickly and decisively and he did.

To deny he was not frustrated by the Republicans in Congress, even when they were a minority - is to ignore historical fact. Is it obvious that the Republican Party lost power, and to lose so decisively to an African American was a shot to the gut of white Republicans. Thus the hate and fear rhetoric began and it has never let up.

Racism is to blame for the so called "split over race". Racism is denied by the racists (which is like cookie monster denying he had his hand in the cookie jar even when shown a photograph of him doing so).

"Ghetto" Blacks, those who continue to act out the stereotype racists' exploit are a minority within a minority, and until black leaders acknowledge the problem they continue to pose and put a flashlight on it, the hate and fear on both sides will continue.

McConnell and Boehner + the rules in the H. of Rep and Senate dispel putting the blame on President Obama. Obama took power in Jan 2009 and had no blueprint to follow given the foreign and domestic crisis' facing him. He needed to act quickly and decisively and he did.

To deny he was not frustrated by the Republicans in Congress, even when they were a minority - is to ignore historical fact. Is it obvious that the Republican Party lost power, and to lose so decisively to an African American was a shot to the gut of white Republicans. Thus the hate and fear rhetoric began and it has never let up.

Racism is to blame for the so called "split over race". Racism is denied by the racists (which is like cookie monster denying he had his hand in the cookie jar even when shown a photograph of him doing so).

"Ghetto" Blacks, those who continue to act out the stereotype racists' exploit are a minority within a minority, and until black leaders acknowledge the problem they continue to pose and put a flashlight on it, the hate and fear on both sides will continue.

There are lots of examples of how to recovery from a recession. Obama decided not to follow the blueprints and we got the leaning tower of Pisa.

Another load of garbage.

All you had to do was watch Rachale Maddow Comedy Hour to see who was getting in the way.

When Obamacare was on the ropes and Joe Lieberman was pushing back, you got a week long series from Maddow on the Republicans ??? No Joe Liebernan.

When Burt Stupak threatened not to go along, who did Maddow go after....???

It wasn't just the GOP that was hurting him, it his own party.

To get Ben Nelson on board (dem senator from NE), there was the infamous corn-husker kickback.

There are lots of examples of how to recovery from a recession. Obama decided not to follow the blueprints and we got the leaning tower of Pisa.

This thread is about Sam Brownback and his really stupid moves with no marketing or messaging.

Kansas unemployment is 4.4%. Kansas City is doing much better (no thanks to Brownback).

Kansas appears to be fine.

Brownback is a moron.

He might have pulled off his tax cuts and gotten support if he hadn't done stupid things like claiming that anti-abortion policies help an economy.

I mean....this is stupid.

Kansas is the laughing stock of a lot of the nation. All the school budget issues (which have been going on for decades...Kansas won't let local schools raise additional money on their own past a point). are the result of reduced revenues.

But Kansas is doing well on many fronts. It's not like the state is falling apart.

Forum List

Back