The Shady Bunch: Trump Family Nepotism

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
59009fa92600003596c47cb3.jpeg

Trump’s White House Family Affair Looks A Lot Like The Most Corrupt Nations In The World

Presidential advisers Ivanka Trump and husband Jared Kushner are still connected to their own businesses.

WASHINGTON ― For decades, the United States has worked with other countries to eliminate nepotism. There’s a good reason for that: Nepotism breeds corruption.

“You’ve seen it in countries all over the world where they’ve appointed family members, whether it’s their son, daughter, in-laws — it provides for tremendous opportunities for corruption,” said Shruti Shah, an international anti-corruption expert at Coalition for Integrity, a good-government nonprofit. “People who want to curry favor find their way to provide favors to family members as a way to get closer to the person in power.”

But President Donald Trump, who has entrusted more power to his family members than any recent president, puts that agenda at risk. “I like nepotism,” Trump told Larry King in 2006, the year he replaced his “Apprentice” costar, Trump company executive Carolyn Kepcher, with his daughter Ivanka Trump.

Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, hold broad portfolios at the White House that include everything from diplomacy with China, the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, women’s issues, cybersecurity and reinventing government.

They determine who else has power in the Trump administration. Trump sidelined Steve Bannon, a close adviser, after he butted up against his daughter and adviser-in-law, and he elevated former Goldman Sachs employees Gary Cohn and Dina Powell based in part on their friendly relationships with Ivanka and her husband. And the couple act as presidential emissaries, with Kushner traveling to Iraq at the suggestion of the Pentagon and Ivanka heading to Germany.

Ivanka and Kushner — the two Trump advisers least likely to be fired — now rule the White House. And, although Ivanka and Kushner are not being paid, they maintain ownership stakes in their own businesses. Ivanka owns her own personal brand, which produces shoes, clothing, jewelry and accessories, and has a stake in her father’s businesses, including the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. Kushner, like Trump, is a real estate magnate with numerous holdings throughout the U.S. who inherited his wealth from his father.

The nepotism in the Trump administration would seem familiar in foreign countries with high rates of corruption, according to U.S. diplomats who have served in them.

More: Trump’s White House Family Affair Looks A Lot Like The Most Corrupt Nations In The World

I never thought I'd live to see this day in America. Trump is making a mockery of our Constitution. I'm embarrassed. Are you?

Last edited:
I guess 50 years of anti-nepotism laws are enough for Trump and his apologists.

Huff Post, eh?

They still haven't gotten over the 96.5% certainty of the Beast's election.

What's the point Tonto?
Better yet, 98.2%.

HuffPost Forecasts Hillary Clinton Will Win With 323 Electoral Votes | The Huffington Post

Florida, Nevada and North Carolina have leaned toward Clinton in the polling averages. The forecast in recent weeks, along with the strength of early voting numbers, makes it seem very likely that these will stay with her. All three states are more than 80-percent likely to swing Democratic. New Hampshire polls have wavered recently, but the HuffPost model still predicts those four electoral votes will go to Clinton with more than 90 percent certainty. And Clinton should fairly easily hold onto Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

A very reliable source indeedy!.

Last edited:
59009fa92600003596c47cb3.jpeg

Trump’s White House Family Affair Looks A Lot Like The Most Corrupt Nations In The World

Presidential advisers Ivanka Trump and husband Jared Kushner are still connected to their own businesses.

WASHINGTON ― For decades, the United States has worked with other countries to eliminate nepotism. There’s a good reason for that: Nepotism breeds corruption.

“You’ve seen it in countries all over the world where they’ve appointed family members, whether it’s their son, daughter, in-laws — it provides for tremendous opportunities for corruption,” said Shruti Shah, an international anti-corruption expert at Coalition for Integrity, a good-government nonprofit. “People who want to curry favor find their way to provide favors to family members as a way to get closer to the person in power.”

But President Donald Trump, who has entrusted more power to his family members than any recent president, puts that agenda at risk. “I like nepotism,” Trump told Larry King in 2006, the year he replaced his “Apprentice” costar, Trump company executive Carolyn Kepcher, with his daughter Ivanka Trump.

Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, hold broad portfolios at the White House that include everything from diplomacy with China, the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, women’s issues, cybersecurity and reinventing government.

They determine who else has power in the Trump administration. Trump sidelined Steve Bannon, a close adviser, after he butted up against his daughter and adviser-in-law, and he elevated former Goldman Sachs employees Gary Cohn and Dina Powell based in part on their friendly relationships with Ivanka and her husband. And the couple act as presidential emissaries, with Kushner traveling to Iraq at the suggestion of the Pentagon and Ivanka heading to Germany.

Ivanka and Kushner — the two Trump advisers least likely to be fired — now rule the White House. And, although Ivanka and Kushner are not being paid, they maintain ownership stakes in their own businesses. Ivanka owns her own personal brand, which produces shoes, clothing, jewelry and accessories, and has a stake in her father’s businesses, including the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. Kushner, like Trump, is a real estate magnate with numerous holdings throughout the U.S. who inherited his wealth from his father.

The nepotism in the Trump administration would seem familiar in foreign countries with high rates of corruption, according to U.S. diplomats who have served in them.

More: Trump’s White House Family Affair Looks A Lot Like The Most Corrupt Nations In The World

I never thought I'd live to see this day in America. Trump is making a mockery of our Constitution. I'm embarrassed. Are you?

All the two-bit tin-horn dictators around the world like Kim Jong Un can now look at America and say "see, they're dear leader installed his family in good paying sensitive government jobs just because they're related to him, I'm just doing what the Americans do."

Ah yes, what a role model drumpf is.

He hasn't broken the law, yet. If he did, don't you think he would be hung from a wire? Yea, me too. But, just like Clinton, they skirted around the law and gave them unofficial positions.
Nice try, though!

He hasn't broken the law, yet. If he did, don't you think he would be hung from a wire? Yea, me too. But, just like Clinton, they skirted around the law and gave them unofficial positions.
Nice try, though!
As screwed up as things got I can understand having people he trust in certain places to make sure he is getting to the truth. Too many lies and bs went on for the last 16 years not to have someone dependable if you were in that position. We can just hope and pray it all works out to get back to where we should be as a country.

Nice try, though!
As screwed up as things got I can understand having people he trust in certain places to make sure he is getting to the truth. Too many lies and bs went on for the last 16 years not to have someone dependable if you were in that position. We can just hope and pray it all works out to get back to where we should be as a country.
While I don't want a dynasty or anything, these people are in unofficial positions. He trusts them. I see nothing wrong with that.
I wonder if these people freaked out when M obamas mother got a room in the WH? Or when Bill gave his wife an unofficial position? Probably not, wouldn't you think?

Huff Post, eh?

What's the point Tonto?

The Constitution!
Firewater has addled your brain enough Tonto. Huffiington Post is not going to help at all.

Yeah, same ole NaziCon attack the messenger bullshit. What does the OP say that isn't true? Should I wait for Alex Jones to say it?
Tonto,i f you see me linking Alex Jones you may insult my intelligence and honesty. Till then, cut down on HuffPo, Olbermann and firewater. Don't to it for me, do it for yourself.

Fair enough?

Huff Post, eh?

What's the point Tonto?

The Constitution!
Firewater has addled your brain enough Tonto. Huffiington Post is not going to help at all.

Yeah, same ole NaziCon attack the messenger bullshit. What does the OP say that isn't true? Should I wait for Alex Jones to say it?
Tonto,i f you see me linking Alex Jones you may insult my intelligence and honesty. Till then, cut down on HuffPo, Olbermann and firewater. Don't to it for me, do it for yourself.

Fair enough?

The source is irrelevant - as long as it's true.

Forum List

Back