The Second Amendment is the right to bear arms not guns.

Your stupidity is obvious? What was the purpose of the 2nd Amendment? The purpose was to give the states the ability to stand up to an oppressive federal government. That meant access to all arms available to the federal government. The Constitution has many protections to an overly powerful federal government. The biggest was the separation of powers.
Sorry Dude...your stupidity is obvious.

The purpose of the second amendment is that when you show up to fight the oppressive federal government...that you have a gun to do it with and the state need not provide you with one.

That is why the "well regulated militia" is part of the amendment.

I'll reword it for you.

"Because having a bunch of folks showing up with nothing but shovels and axes isn't going to do the militia a hell of a lot of good...the right of THE PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

If you would take the time to learn a thing or two, instead of wallowing in ignorance...you might actual not be such an insufferable blowhard.

The Second Amendment is the right to bear arms not guns. Guns are the weakest of the arms available in today's world. If you want to have the rights granted in the Constitution, you should be able to have all arms available to the militaries of the world.
Those who are fighting for just guns are a bunch of wooses. They are not fighting for the full rights of the 2nd amendment. They are ignoring and trampling on the 2nd amendment
1. arms - weapons considered collectively. implements of war
The Miller case stated that the 2nd Amendment protects the right have arms in general use by the military.

Cowards are those who depend on guns for their strength, power and protection. Everyone should have a bit of fear on what a gun can do. Respect rather fear is better. Guns are a tool of protection that should be used only in very few circumstances. Those who look at guns to be their protection every day are fricking idiots.
Guns for hunting and target shooting are different.
I'll tell you what then.

I'll bring my gun.

You bring whatever non-firearm talisman you depend on for strength and power.

You attack me...and we'll see who walks away.

Deal?

Sorry Dude...your stupidity is obvious.

The purpose of the second amendment is that when you show up to fight the oppressive federal government...that you have a gun to do it with and the state need not provide you with one.

That is why the "well regulated militia" is part of the amendment.

I'll reword it for you.

"Because having a bunch of folks showing up with nothing but shovels and axes isn't going to do the militia a hell of a lot of good...the right of THE PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

If you would take the time to learn a thing or two, instead of wallowing in ignorance...you might actual not be such an insufferable blowhard.
What if you show up a gun and the federal government has a tank, missiles, a bazooka, a fighter jet. That gun will not do you much good
How far did you go in school? Did you ever go to school?

What if you show up a gun and the federal government has a tank, missiles, a bazooka, a fighter jet. That gun will not do you much good
How far did you go in school? Did you ever go to school?

You're not thinking clearly.

Can't hold territory with a tank...or a missile...or a fighter.

I guess the oppressive government could level everything. Kill everybody.

Think that's likely...fool.

Read some military history.

See how many tanks and bazookas and fighter planes the British used against the IRA.

Hell...the US had tanks and bazookas and fighter planes in Afghanistan.

Who's in charge there now?

And who has those planes and helicopters and tanks.

Please...You should quit while you're behind.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Get some military training.

Learn about asymmetrical warfare and insurgency.

Then come back and tell me what I already know.

The Second Amendment is the right to bear arms not guns. Guns are the weakest of the arms available in today's world. If you want to have the rights granted in the Constitution, you should be able to have all arms available to the militaries of the world.
Those who are fighting for just guns are a bunch of wooses. They are not fighting for the full rights of the 2nd amendment. They are ignoring and trampling on the 2nd amendment
1. arms - weapons considered collectively. implements of war
1. It was Justice Scalia, author of Heller, Originalist Supreme, who pointed out that the use of the word "bear" meant that the Second Amendment logically applied only to weapons that could be borne—that is, carried by a single person. It therefore, according to him, did not apply to cannons, battleships, and so on.

2. You CAN own those things. All you need is a Class III Firearms License, according to the National Firearms Act of 1934, and subsequent additional similar acts. That's how shooting ranges can own machine guns, Shermans, bazookas, and so on.

I'll tell you what then.

I'll bring my gun.

You bring whatever non-firearm talisman you depend on for strength and power.

You attack me...and we'll see who walks away.

Deal?
I assume the only defense you have is a gun. No brain, no physical strength. I would be very comfortable of my chances against a spineless coward like you.

Pupps has always wanted a bazooka. A couple of slightly used Panzer Tigers would also be a welcome addition.
There are two left in operation. Tiger 151—the only operational Tiger I, used in That Scene in the movie Fury—is in a museum in England. The only operational Tiger II is in France. Good luck getting the governments to part with them.

... although if you do, give me a call. I'd love to take a ride in one, especially 151.

1. It was Justice Scalia, author of Heller, Originalist Supreme, who pointed out that the use of the word "bear" meant that the Second Amendment logically applied only to weapons that could be borne—that is, carried by a single person. It therefore, according to him, did not apply to cannons, battleships, and so on.

2. You CAN own those things. All you need is a Class III Firearms License, according to the National Firearms Act of 1934, and subsequent additional similar acts. That's how shooting ranges can own machine guns, Shermans, bazookas, and so on.
That is an interpretation of the Constitution, not the words of the Constitution. There are many arms, besides machine guns, that can be borne, carried by a single person, that a citizen cannot own. Scalia may change his interpretation as the advances in arm progresses. What would the writers of our Constitution be saying about the 2nd Amendment in today's world of mass shootings, gang warfare etc.

That is an interpretation of the Constitution, not the words of the Constitution. There are many arms, besides machine guns, that can be borne, carried by a single person, that a citizen cannot own. Scalia may change his interpretation as the advances in arm progresses. What would the writers of our Constitution be saying about the 2nd Amendment in today's world of mass shootings, gang warfare etc.
Oh, they would be horrified. They lived in a day when when town leaders called for the militia, and Pappy took the same musket or rifle he used to bring home dinner, and met up with his neighbors at Lexington Green to defend against the redcoats. State leaders were worried about the Federal Government pulling a King James II and disbanding the local militias to make things easier for their federal goons to levy their tyrannical taxes.

Madison and the First Congress had no concept of a) handguns, b) semi-automatic anything, and c) individual ownership being defended to the point of universal access to pretty much whatever anyone wants, they gets.

Really, you are so scared you need to carry a gun going to a movie theater, a supermarket or a walk in the park. What a coward you seem to be.
Sign of the times. I went to buy kitty litter at the grocery and an 18 year old illegal put a gun to my head and stole my car. Had I had a gun, I would have blown his head off.

Sign of the times. I went to buy kitty litter at the grocery and an 18 year old illegal put a gun to my head and stole my car. Had I had a gun, I would have blown his head off.
How do you know he was an illegal?
It could be a punk who is a US citizen and, amazingly, was able to buy the gun legally.

How do you know he was an illegal?
It could be a punk who is a US citizen and, amazingly, was able to buy the gun legally.
I know he was an illegal because he was caught. He had a cartel provided gun. His defense was he was stealing cars in the US to sell in Mexico to start a family business.

When his homies thought they could intimidate me, they found out that I had guns too and was itching to see them bleed out. He got 13 years.

I was told the government has f15 and nuclear weapons by some old dude who smells like pee

I'll take an ssbn.......wait make it 2

Oh, they would be horrified. They lived in a day when when town leaders called for the militia, and Pappy took the same musket or rifle he used to bring home dinner, and met up with his neighbors at Lexington Green to defend against the redcoats
Uhhh... No.

Machine guns were invented in like 1718.

The Constitution was written 70 years later.

There were repeating rifles dating back to the early 1600s.

So either you think the Founders were idiots...or you've been taken in by gun-control propaganda.

The need for personal safety has never changed. Guns for personal use are needed now, more than ever.
Catch 22. Citizen's personal safety has never been in more jeopardy because of the number of people who have the most lethal guns ever made.

Forum List

Back