The scariest Horror movie you've ever seen.

Steal Magnolia's! It was all I could do to keep from running out of the room screaming!

After that it has to be The Birds. To this day If I see a bunch of birds on a phone line I get creeped out. Jaws comes in second.

The Others kept me guessing until the end and my Favorite is Sleepy Hollow.

The Birds wasn't scary to me......it was so fucking fake it was almost hysterical.
And Jaws wasn't scary to me either........horror shows to me are shit like SAW and other films where people chop other people up and blood spews everywhere.

Well although it was only a mini series and not a true movie, "IT'' with that clown Pennywise was pretty scary.

I hate clowns.

The book had me terrified. Always been a fan of King's novels.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Psycho or The Haunting from the early 60s.

And it was only afew posts before this that somebody mentioned The Birds.

My 2 cents: The Exorcist is overrated.

Scariest movie nobody probably heard of: The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - TVM on ABC in 1968 starring Jack Palance - nobody played bad guys better.

He was even creepy as Dr Jekyll - you shouldhave seen him as Hyde.

Why no mention of Snakes on a Plane?

:lol:

I watched this one, and it didn't scare me.
I guess cause it was very unrealistic.

Not according to one pilot I know. A shipment of snakes really did get loose on his plane. Makes for a pretty funny story, actually. But the crew was pretty shook up when one of the critters squirmed up from under the rudder pedals.

For me - its much more the certain scenes from horror movies that get me, rather than the entire movie.

For instance - The Exorcist isn't one that I would list as really scary - but the scene when Father Karras comes back into the room and Father Merrin is dead and Regan/the Demon is untied and at the foot of the bed giggling...totally freaky.

The Grudge - the scene where the woman "crab-walks" down the staircase in the weird stop-and-go filming style before it became so over used

Pet Semetary - Zelda, the sister....when she scurries across the room all hunched over and creepy

The Exorcist, Part II: When the nurse shuts the door and then walks down the hall...and you see the huge figure in white follow after her with the gigantic shears

Alien - The scene where they see all the Aliens on the monitor but he doesn't see them...and then he does

There are more...but I'll stop there for now, lol.

Parents. Creepiest movie ever. Show it to your kids before supper on meatloaf or BBQ night. "Eat the meat." :puke3: Damn creepy movie. Watch stoned. :badgrin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtxDJCZ2Rr8]PARENTS (1989) trailer - YouTube[/ame]

At the time that Alien came out, it was a head of its time in the realm of fear factoring. Alien would have to be the number one horror film of all time.

The one where The ONE got sworn in as President of the United States.

It was scary as hell and seemed so REAL.

20swearing_600.jpg

What was the name of that movie again?

The Omen or something like that?

I can't believe nobody mentioned Psycho or The Haunting from the early 60s.

And it was only afew posts before this that somebody mentioned The Birds.

My 2 cents: The Exorcist is overrated.

Stuff in The Birds actually happen.

There have been well-documented bird attacks on humans.

The scene where Tippi Hedron is leading the schoolchildren running away from a swarm of peckers is one of the scariest ever put on film.

As forThe Exorcist beingbased on an actual event: was it documented that a persons head rotated around 360 degrees?

A stupid film.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back