The scariest Horror movie you've ever seen.

I've already put up the Changeling.

Homocidal would work.

Raw Head Rex won't but I thought I'd throw him in.

Pumpkinhead comes close.

Ok...this is one probably nobody ever saw but as a kid of 8 years old it really freaked me out!!! My sister scared me to death by making a face that mimicked the old dead lady coming after the nurse in one of the trilogy's. :lol Trust me when I say she got a lot of milage out of that one when we were kids!!! :lol Black Sabbath is a trilogy of shorts...the one that really, truly freaked me out as an 8 year old was this one:

"The Drop of Water"

In Victorian London, England, Nurse Helen Chester (Jacqueline Pierreux) is called to a large house to prepare the corpse of an elderly medium for her burial. As she dresses the body, she notices an elaborate sapphire ring on its finger. Tempted by greed, Nurse Chester steals it. As she does, a glass tips over, and drops of water begin to splash on the floor. She is also assailed by a fly, no doubt attracted by the odor of the body. Unsettled but pleased by her acquisition, she finishes the job and returns home to her small East End flat.

After returning home, Nurse Chester is assailed by strange events. The buzzing fly returns and continues to pester her. Then the lights in her apartment go out, and the sound of the dripping water continues with maddening regularity. She sees the old woman's corpse lying on her bed and coming towards her. The terrified woman begs for forgiveness, but she ultimately strangles herself, imagining that the medium's hands are gripping her throat.

The next morning, the concierge (Harriet White Medin) discovers Nurse Chester's body and calls the police. The investigator on the scene (Gustavo de Nardo) quickly concludes that it is a simple case and that Nurse Chester "died of fright." The pathologist arrives on the scene to examine the body before it is taken away and notes that the only sign of violence is a small bruise on her left finger, mostly likely caused when someone pried a ring from her finger. As the doctor makes this observation, the concierge appears distressed, for she has apparently taken the ring from the dead Nurse Chester, and is further distracted by the sound of a fly swooping about in the air....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sabbath_(film)

Poltergeist rates up there with The Exorcist and The Ring...and of course the original Alien is classic!

Another one from long ago that always creeps me out is the original "The Haunting"...the remake sucked and relied too much on special effects...but the original had a psychological aspect to it that the remake totally missed the mark on!

Last edited:
Another movie that I don't think did too well at the box office, but that I found really intriguing is "Mr. Brooks" with Kevin Costner...it's a glimpse into the mind of a serial killer who appears to everyone else like the guy next door...successful, loyal husband and father etc., but he has a bit of a dark side. I found it to be an interesting character study.

The birth of a nation.

Hey Zoom...love your teeth man! They just sparkle! :)

I just went to the dentist today and had some work done...so I'm especially appreciative of a sparkly smile right now! :)

Ok...this is one probably nobody ever saw but as a kid of 8 years old it really freaked me out!!! My sister scared me to death by making a face that mimicked the old dead lady coming after the nurse in one of the trilogy's. :lol Trust me when I say she got a lot of milage out of that one when we were kids!!! :lol Black Sabbath is a trilogy of shorts...the one that really, truly freaked me out as an 8 year old was this one:

"The Drop of Water"

In Victorian London, England, Nurse Helen Chester (Jacqueline Pierreux) is called to a large house to prepare the corpse of an elderly medium for her burial. As she dresses the body, she notices an elaborate sapphire ring on its finger. Tempted by greed, Nurse Chester steals it. As she does, a glass tips over, and drops of water begin to splash on the floor. She is also assailed by a fly, no doubt attracted by the odor of the body. Unsettled but pleased by her acquisition, she finishes the job and returns home to her small East End flat.

After returning home, Nurse Chester is assailed by strange events. The buzzing fly returns and continues to pester her. Then the lights in her apartment go out, and the sound of the dripping water continues with maddening regularity. She sees the old woman's corpse lying on her bed and coming towards her. The terrified woman begs for forgiveness, but she ultimately strangles herself, imagining that the medium's hands are gripping her throat.

The next morning, the concierge (Harriet White Medin) discovers Nurse Chester's body and calls the police. The investigator on the scene (Gustavo de Nardo) quickly concludes that it is a simple case and that Nurse Chester "died of fright." The pathologist arrives on the scene to examine the body before it is taken away and notes that the only sign of violence is a small bruise on her left finger, mostly likely caused when someone pried a ring from her finger. As the doctor makes this observation, the concierge appears distressed, for she has apparently taken the ring from the dead Nurse Chester, and is further distracted by the sound of a fly swooping about in the air....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sabbath_(film)

Poltergeist rates up there with The Exorcist and The Ring...and of course the original Alien is classic!

Another one from long ago that always creeps me out is the original "The Haunting"...the remake sucked and relied too much on special effects...but the original had a psychological aspect to it that the remake totally missed the mark on!

Yes, the original Haunting scared me quite a bit.

Another movie that I don't think did too well at the box office, but that I found really intriguing is "Mr. Brooks" with Kevin Costner...it's a glimpse into the mind of a serial killer who appears to everyone else like the guy next door...successful, loyal husband and father etc., but he has a bit of a dark side. I found it to be an interesting character study.

Sometimes the scariest movies are the ones that take very little "suspension of disbelief" to imagine them actually happening. The Silence of the Lambs is one of those as well.

Don't like horror movies and don't watch them. Probably because I saw "The Exorcist" when it came out and it scared the ever lovin' shit otta me. I was done with horror movies way back then.

Scariest I ever saw, Exorcist, hands down, and gets my vote for scariest movie of all time.

The other thread made me think of this.

What is the scariest one you've ever seen? Not necessarily your favorite one, just the scariest one.

I saw The Exorcist when it first came out, scared the shit out of me. I had trouble sleeping for a while after that. I was rather young then and have since seen two that were, in my mind scarier, The Ring was one and in my opinion the scariest of all, that I've seen, is The Grudge. If I ever opened my eyes at night and saw that little kid standing there, I'd die of fright right there on the spot.

barack obama's inauguration address.:eusa_think::eek::scared1:

Steal Magnolia's! It was all I could do to keep from running out of the room screaming!

After that it has to be The Birds. To this day If I see a bunch of birds on a phone line I get creeped out. Jaws comes in second.

The Others kept me guessing until the end and my Favorite is Sleepy Hollow.

Steal Magnolia's! It was all I could do to keep from running out of the room screaming!

After that it has to be The Birds. To this day If I see a bunch of birds on a phone line I get creeped out. Jaws comes in second.

Sleepy Hollow was an excellent movie. Not really scary though.

I grew up on the coast. Used to go surfing knowing there were dogfish around. Never saw too many sharks, per se. I haven't been in the ocean deeper than my knees since I saw "Jaws".

Forum List

Back