The scariest Horror movie you've ever seen.

Starting watching a movie late one Sunday night, watched about 45 mins or so and it scared the freaking crap out of me, had to turn it off. It was called 'Wrong Turn'. :eek: Also, Jeepers Creepers 2 for some reason got to me ... again, only watched part of it on tv.

Funny Games (2007) was terrifying on a completely different level...one scene with the son still haunts me, and I really wish that I hadn't watched that movie.

Home invasion movies just really freak me out...The Strangers was another one that was chilling.

I eat, sleep and breath horror movies.
I grew up reading Steven King and Dean Koontz.
Love it.

The Exorcist?
LMAO all the way through it!
:lol:

Oddly enough, the one movie that did (and still does) get to me was "The Ventriloquist".
The dummy did the killings.
Just something about that wooden face weirds me out.
Just talking about it, now, will probably gimme nightmares tonight!!
:redface:

My all time favorite is "The Others".
Amazingly clever plot twist.
I can usually figure a movie out only a third into it but this one fooled me.

:cool:
Great thread.
Love the bloody stuff!!
:clap2:

^ Dolls, especially ventriloquist dolls, are freakin' scary as shit!

The hubs had a Charlie McCarthy dummy that some uncle gave him when he was a kid. I hated that damn thing and would not let him take it out of the box. Our basement flooded 10 years ago and ooops! that dummy just had to go. It, um . . yeah it flooded and got ruined. Yup, true story . . I saw it myself and gosh, it was just, like . . you know ruined. Yeah, that's it. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
When I was a kid I was convinced that Poltergeist and The Shining were made for the specific purpose of getting inside my personal brain and scaring the shit out me. Now I watch them and giggle.

As an adult the only one that still disturbs me is Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer because it clearly illustrates that a) there are some really fucking crazy people in this world and b) it's really easy for them to kill you if they damn well want to.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986) - IMDb

When I was a kid I was convinced that Poltergeist and The Shining were made for the specific purpose of getting inside my personal brain and scaring the shit out me. Now I watch them and giggle.

As an adult the only one that still disturbs me is Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer because it clearly illustrates that a) there are some really fucking crazy people in this world and b) it's really easy for them to kill you if they damn well want to.

Great minds..:eusa_whistle:

Great minds..:eusa_whistle:

That's hilarious that we both said the same one at the same time. Michael Rooker did a great job in that film and every time I have seen him in a movie since I still cringe a bit. My wife flat out refuses to watch anything with Anthony Hopkins since Silence of the Lambs. :lol:

Excellent choices so far with the first Alien and The Exorcist.

Someone mentioned John Carpenter's The Thing. My personal favorite scary Carpenter movie is Prince of Darkness. It helps to know that movie was made in 1987 so the 1999 references have the proper orientation when watching the movie.

I don't like slash 'em movies like the Friday the 13th series, or those Saw gore flicks.

Scaring the bejeesus out of someone is best when it is done on an intellectual level.

I liked the original Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street. Because they were new and original and scary.

The original Alien, the first time I saw it.

bravo...I saw it in a theater originally and a few years ago they had a re-release in 70 MM, its was fucking fantastic.

I may get shot for this but the best horror movie I have seen behind that....Blair Witch Project...saw it about 2 weeks after it came out. excellent piece of work.

I won't shoot you, it brings chills to me right now thinking about it. Those people who panned the movie don't count, imo, they wanted to actually see the witch and didn't. I thought it was brilliant as well as scary. If that had really happened, it would have happened exactly the way they showed. Why would the witch want to be seen on film?

They just didn't get it.

I eat, sleep and breath horror movies.
I grew up reading Steven King and Dean Koontz.
Love it.

The Exorcist?
LMAO all the way through it!
:lol:

Oddly enough, the one movie that did (and still does) get to me was "The Ventriloquist".
The dummy did the killings.
Just something about that wooden face weirds me out.
Just talking about it, now, will probably gimme nightmares tonight!!
:redface:

My all time favorite is "The Others".
Amazingly clever plot twist.
I can usually figure a movie out only a third into it but this one fooled me.

:cool:
Great thread.
Love the bloody stuff!!
:clap2:

The Others is right up there.

As a side note, I started out as a young lad watching Godzilla, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Blob, 20 Million Years from Earth, Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy, and the Wolfman.

Over and over and over.

Forum List

Back