The scariest Horror movie you've ever seen.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
The other thread made me think of this.

What is the scariest one you've ever seen? Not necessarily your favorite one, just the scariest one.

I saw The Exorcist when it first came out, scared the shit out of me. I had trouble sleeping for a while after that. I was rather young then and have since seen two that were, in my mind scarier, The Ring was one and in my opinion the scariest of all, that I've seen, is The Grudge. If I ever opened my eyes at night and saw that little kid standing there, I'd die of fright right there on the spot.

Nobody else liked this movie, but Paranormal Activity really got to me.

I still haven't seen that one. My daughter, who inhereted my love for horror films, has told me that it was pretty scary.
I don't really go for scary movies that much because I have a hard time with the suspension of disbelief for some reason, but that one got to me. It was one of those movies that you see and then that night when you go to bed, every creak and pop in the house sounds ten times louder and makes your mind run wild with the thought that it must be demons or something.

Last edited:

What is the scariest one you've ever seen? Not necessarily your favorite one, just the scariest one.

I saw The Exorcist when it first came out, scared the shit out of me. I had trouble sleeping for a while after that. I was rather young then and have since seen two that were, in my mind scarier, The Ring was one and in my opinion the scariest of all, that I've seen, is The Grudge. If I ever opened my eyes at night and saw that little kid standing there, I'd die of fright right there on the spot.

I like the original Japanese versions of The Ring and The Grudge in addition to the American versions. The Grudge is probably the scarier of the two.

Hands down, Ghost Story by Peter Straub was the scariest book I've ever read, but the movie failed to carry the fear factor the book had.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Yff-_9MZs]Barack Obama Oath of Office / Sworn In - President Obama: The Inauguration - BBC News - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Yff-_9MZs]Barack Obama Oath of Office / Sworn In - President Obama: The Inauguration - BBC News - YouTube[/ame]

Gahhhhhh :scared1:

Excellent choices so far with the first Alien and The Exorcist.

Someone mentioned John Carpenter's The Thing. My personal favorite scary Carpenter movie is Prince of Darkness. It helps to know that movie was made in 1987 so the 1999 references have the proper orientation when watching the movie.

I don't like slash 'em movies like the Friday the 13th series, or those Saw gore flicks.

Scaring the bejeesus out of someone is best when it is done on an intellectual level.

I remember not wanting to do any babysitting back in HS for awhile right after I saw When a Stranger Calls.

The original Alien, the first time I saw it.

bravo...I saw it in a theater originally and a few years ago they had a re-release in 70 MM, its was fucking fantastic.

I may get shot for this but the best horror movie I have seen behind that....Blair Witch Project...saw it about 2 weeks after it came out. excellent piece of work.

Excellent choices so far with the first Alien and The Exorcist.

Someone mentioned John Carpenter's The Thing. My personal favorite scary Carpenter movie is Prince of Darkness. It helps to know that movie was made in 1987 so the 1999 references have the proper orientation when watching the movie.

I don't like slash 'em movies like the Friday the 13th series, or those Saw gore flicks.

Scaring the bejeesus out of someone is best when it is done on an intellectual level.
I liked the earlier Friday the 13th because they're so campy and because I like Jason as a monster. Don't know why, but I'm really partial to him. I agree about Saw. That series does nothing for me.

To be honest, I'm more of an old movie nerd anyway, so I prefer movies like Psycho, Vertigo and The Picture of Dorian Gray in the horror/thriller genre.

Forum List

Back