The Sad, Bitter Truth About Tea Baggers...

Matt Taibi captures the truth about these hypocritical idiots beautifully in the latest issue of Rolling Stone --

After Palin wraps up, I race to the parking lot in search of departing Medicare-motor-scooter conservatives. I come upon an elderly couple, Janice and David Wheelock, who are fairly itching to share their views.

"I'm anti-spending and anti-government," crows David, as scooter-bound Janice looks on. "The welfare state is out of control."

"OK," I say. "And what do you do for a living?"

"Me?" he says proudly. "Oh, I'm a property appraiser. Have been my whole life."

I frown. "Are either of you on Medicare?"

Silence: Then Janice, a nice enough woman, it seems, slowly raises her hand, offering a faint smile, as if to say, You got me!

"Let me get this straight," I say to David. "You've been picking up a check from the government for decades, as a tax assessor, and your wife is on Medicare. How can you complain about the welfare state?"

"Well," he says, "there's a lot of people on welfare who don't deserve it. Too many people are living off the government."

"But," I protest, "you live off the government. And have been your whole life!"

"Yeah," he says, "but I don't make very much."

Link -- Tea & Crackers | Rolling Stone Politics

Working for and being paid by the Government does not = Welfare.

Matt Taibi captures the truth about these hypocritical idiots beautifully in the latest issue of Rolling Stone --

After Palin wraps up, I race to the parking lot in search of departing Medicare-motor-scooter conservatives. I come upon an elderly couple, Janice and David Wheelock, who are fairly itching to share their views.

"I'm anti-spending and anti-government," crows David, as scooter-bound Janice looks on. "The welfare state is out of control."

Silence: Then Janice, a nice enough woman, it seems, slowly raises her hand, offering a faint smile, as if to say, You got me!

"Let me get this straight," I say to David. "You've been picking up a check from the government for decades, as a tax assessor, and your wife is on Medicare. How can you complain about the welfare state?"

"Well," he says, "there's a lot of people on welfare who don't deserve it. Too many people are living off the government."

Of course it does by CON$ervative "logic." CON$ claim government workers get paid DOUBLE what the private sector pays therefore half their pay is welfare! :rofl:

Of course it does by CON$ervative "logic." CON$ claim government workers get paid DOUBLE what the private sector pays therefore half their pay is welfare! :rofl:
Who said that? I mean, besides the voices in your head.

The only reason you hear stories about how rich us government workers are is because the pricks in Washington are looking to cut our pay. Furloughs are coming down the road....maybe pay-cuts. I think they should start with their own. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2010/09/bill_would_furlough_federal_wo.html

Last edited:
Who said that? I mean, besides the voices in your head.
The perpetual dumb act again! :cuckoo: Just about every CON$ervoFascist pundit said it and it was parroted many times on this board.

Fed ‘Workers’ Earn Double Private Sector | Sweetness & Light

Federal workers earning double the average private sector compensation | Washington Examiner

American Thinker Blog: Federal workers earning double what their private sector counterparts make

Federal Worker Compensation Doubles Private Sector Salaries

http://www.bankruptingamerica.org/2...s-earning-double-their-private-counterparts”/

Federal Workers Earning Double Their Private Counterparts

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the ass.

Before I waste my time looking at those, do me a favor and find one that says "half their pay is welfare".

And just for KWO:

bitterlosercopyey6.jpg

Originally Posted by edthecynic
Of course it does by CON$ervative "logic." CON$ claim government workers get paid DOUBLE what the private sector pays therefore half their pay is welfare!
Keep milking that dumb act, it suits you perfectly.

I said CON$ said Fed pay is double the private sector and then I applied CON$ervoFascist "logic" that leads to the conclusion that what they are OVERPAID is therefore welfare.

Grow up kid.

Welfare is getting something for nothing. Not being paid for services rendered.

Of course it does by CON$ervative "logic." CON$ claim government workers get paid DOUBLE what the private sector pays therefore half their pay is welfare!

I said CON$ said Fed pay is double the private sector and then I applied CON$ervoFascist "logic" that leads to the conclusion that what they are OVERPAID is therefore welfare.

That's your problem, you are trying to use logic when you clearly are unable to get past your extreme partisanship.

Ahhh. That's what I wanted to know: Who said government workers were getting welfare.

And the answer is, as I suspected, no one but the voices in your head.

You need to realize that no one is under any obligation to defend the retardery you ascribe to them. Your retardery is all your own.

Listen to edthecynic Dave.

Why should anyone listen to an angry childish Left winger. Who never shows any respect to anyone in debate, and can't even type the Word Conservative with out adding a cash sign and Fascist to the end of it.

I give little weight to the opinions of such a clearly angry partisan. Show some respect and maybe I will think about reading your posts, and considering your opinion at all.

Why should anyone listen to an angry childish Left winger. Who never shows any respect to anyone in debate, and can't even type the Word Conservative with out adding a cash sign and Fascist to the end of it.

I give little weight to the opinions of such a clearly angry partisan. Show some respect and maybe I will think about reading your posts, and considering your opinion at all.

Actually only a few months ago he often posted fairly, though always a bit snarky. I repped him quite a bit. In last few months though, gone meltdown like many on the left. What I find amusing is that many of the former reasonable posters on the left, were full of advice for those on the right during the last election cycle. They do not practice what they preach. ;)

Actually only a few months ago he often posted fairly, though always a bit snarky. I repped him quite a bit. In last few months though, gone meltdown like many on the left. What I find amusing is that many of the former reasonable posters on the left, were full of advice for those on the right during the last election cycle. They do not practice what they preach. ;)
No you didn't, certainly never a pos rep.

And my election advice for Right and Left has always been to vote third Party or write-in.

No you didn't, certainly never a pos rep.

And my election advice for Right and Left has always been to vote third Party or write-in.

Yeah, I did. I consider rep not something to talk about in general, but I rep on reasonableness and most often funny. Usually you are reasonable, principled, but reasonable. You haven't been lately.

Forum List

Back