The ruble higher now that before the war

Democrats in these threads prove why they are such terrible investors. They don't understand how anything works.

Lol that's not what the Russian central bank is asking for. The Russians central bank has pegged the ruble at 5,000 per gram. That means they are buying AND selling gold for about $2,000 an ounce which is about $30 premium.

So you can buy gold from US and sell gold to Russia at a profit.

This basic stuff is called the Gold Carry Trade. You're a dumb ass and don't know anything.

So you can buy gold from US and sell gold to Russia at a profit.

What would you do with the crappy rubles? Why do you feel that's a profitable trade?

This basic stuff is called the Gold Carry Trade.

Ummmm.....81.7 rubles to the dollar.
5000/81.7 = $61.20 a gram x 31.1 grams = $1903 an ounce.

Gold is at $1981. If you buy at $1981 and sell at $1903, you're losing money.

And now you have rubles. LOL!

Now do "real inflation" lol. With interest rates at about 20% and nominal are at 12%, there's actually a 3% to 11% deflation in the Ruble.

1649889167797.png

20% interest rates turns your inflation into deflation?

Did you get dropped on your head on every step leaving your house?

You know we have a great leader when his sanctions hurt our own country more that they hurt the targeted country.

God yes it does you dumb shit. YOU LITERALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT fucking "real interest rates" are?

Go fuck yourself idiot. This is a place for intelligent investors, not dumb shits like you.

YOU LITERALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT fucking "real interest rates" are?

Real interest rate: when you subtract the inflation rate from the nominal interest rate.

Still doesn't turn inflation into deflation, commtard.

YOU LITERALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT fucking "real interest rates" are?

Real interest rate: when you subtract the inflation rate from the nominal interest rate.

Still doesn't turn inflation into deflation, commtard.
Yes it literally does. Dumb ass. If your negative real rates on your currency is removing liquidity driving price hikes that IS THE DEFINITION OF DEFLATION.

You're dumber than shit

Yes it literally does. Dumb ass. If your negative real rates on your currency is removing liquidity driving price hikes that IS THE DEFINITION OF DEFLATION.

You're dumber than shit

Yes it literally does.

No it doesn't. Not even figuratively.

If your negative real rates on your currency is removing liquidity driving price hikes that IS THE DEFINITION OF DEFLATION.

Try posting the real definition of deflation.

Yes it literally does.

No it doesn't. Not even figuratively.

If your negative real rates on your currency is removing liquidity driving price hikes that IS THE DEFINITION OF DEFLATION.

Try posting the real definition of deflation.
I just did. Dumb ass. Quote Milton Friedman. Inflation (or deflation) is everywhere a monetary phenomenon.

I'm sorry you're so stupid that you don't understand removing money from the money supply is deflation.

I just did. Dumb ass. Quote Milton Friedman. Inflation (or deflation) is everywhere a monetary phenomenon.

I'm sorry you're so stupid that you don't understand removing money from the money supply is deflation.

I just did.

No you didn't. Not even close. Fucktard.

Inflation (or deflation) is everywhere a monetary phenomenon.

Yup. That's why your weak attempt was so wrong.

What does that have to do with your post #40 idiocy?

1650055397476.png

I just did.

No you didn't. Not even close. Fucktard.

Inflation (or deflation) is everywhere a monetary phenomenon.

Yup. That's why your weak attempt was so wrong.

What does that have to do with your post #40 idiocy?

View attachment 631115
At this point you're just proving you're a fucking idiot.

What you claim to be inflation cannot be inflation if the money supply is contracting. As it is in Russia.

What you claim to be inflation cannot be inflation if the money supply is contracting. As it is in Russia.

Where in your post #40 idiocy was money supply shown?
Why do you feel that a decrease in money supply means the rise in the general price level
doesn't mean inflation? Is it because of your low IQ?

inflation cannot be inflation if the money supply is contracting. As it is in Russia.

View attachment 631167

DURR......

6bshyr.jpg

Good job Joe, those sanctions really are working. Explain this one liberal economists, I thought Russia would be bankrupt
This was not hard to see coming. As Russia has quadrupled its hydrocarbons trade with China both have skirted the dollar in this transaction as the reserve currency this cutting it out of the picture altogether. China is buying petroleum in Yuan converted rubles and as of yet we here in the west have no way to measure the intrinsic value of those transactions because the dollar no longer applies to them. I said this a month ago and was laughed at by all the financial experts here on the board and yet the ruble has made a liar out of all of them.

Putin is propping up the ruble through artificial means, dipshit. Didn't you know that, comrade?
Not actually....you are witnessing the decoupling of the US dollar from reserve status.
India and China are doing direct purchase of Russian Hydrocarbons outside of the dollar system. So actually we have no idea at this point about the intrinsic value of the Russian currency....but you can begin to get a clue when you see that at the same time gas prices rose by 150 percent here the hardly moved in both India and China....know why? Lots of cheap Russian oil and gas and those boys over there are loving it.

Last edited:
If the central bank is exchanging one gram of gold for 5,000 rubles, it means they are selling their gold for $1725/oz.

That will create the demand for rubles as long as the gold lasts.

Forum List

Back