The right's hatred for Obama: If it isn't "race", then what is it?

The problem here at USMB is leftist retards telling conservatives who their leaders are.

Pat Buchanan got center stage at a GOP national convention. I assume you're intelligent enough to consider that qualification for the label of a leader?

:eusa_angel:
Nobody asked me if he should be invited.

I don't need to be dictated to by any party. I know that's a novel concept for you.

Well the party dictates what choices you have to vote for in the GOP.

gawd, you're dumb

Why is that a "problem?"

Is there some requirement that we have to cozy up to the views of a conservative alleged leader even if we disagree with some of his views?

Damn US Mail. I never got the memo.

There is nothing inherently wrong with distancing oneself from the leadership. It an be an necessary and admirable thing to do. But like all things in life it depends on the how, the when, and the why the action is taken

Right. So why did YOU say it like there is something wrong with it?

Contradicting yourself in the space of so few posts will not improve your lack of credibility.

Nuance is not contradiction, it's intelligent reasoning. Did your mom forget to pack your critical thinking skill set for you?

The problem here at USMB is leftist retards telling conservatives who their leaders are.

Pat Buchanan got center stage at a GOP national convention. I assume you're intelligent enough to consider that qualification for the label of a leader?

Pat is no more the leader of our party than Jessie Jackson or Carter are the leaders of yours.

Tool

Pat is/was 'A' leader of the GOP. Never said Pat was 'The' leader of the GOP

geesh, another loser nincompoop?

We've asked the right wing to explain their hatred for Obama. They've pretty much given up on it because when they attempt to assign a reason, it comes across as "ridiculous".

We hate him because he's a "Muslim". They've stopped saying that because it uncovers their religious intolerance. We know he's not a Muslim. So we don't really hear that too much anymore. Besides, he took out most of al Qaeda and Bin Laden after Republicans let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him.

We hate him because he's "Communist/Fascist/Marxist" which shows the right doesn't understand the meaning of those words.

We hate him because he went to a church where a preacher said "God Damn America". In context, the preacher saying God damn America is what will happen if we don't follow God's scripture, which puts him in agreement with at least 85% of Republicans.

We hate him because he barely know's Bill Ayers, a man who blew up an office while protesting the Vietnam war. Wow, how could one man cause so much damage? Oh wait, ask Timothy McVeigh. And Ayers did it when Obama was 8 years old, which proves he was "in on it".:cuckoo: Funnier still, they both worked at the Annenberg Foundation, a right wing, conservative foundation, but on separate boards. They rarely met. But there has to be "something". There just has to be. There has to.

We hate him because he is pulling out of Iraq/he stayed in Iraq - I wish they would make up their minds.

We hate him because he increased the national debt. Bush and the Republicans passed an enormous tax cut targeting the rich DURING A TIME OF WAR which passed through that "reconciliation" they seem to hate so much. They passed a "drugs for votes" bill again through reconciliation, Bush did nothing after Katrina, never included the cost of either war in his budgets, thereby making incredible lies to the American people about the cost of the wars. Republicans know that Obama couldn't just "end" Bush policies, they know it doesn't work that way, yet they still accuse him of following the worst Bush policies, which of course, were ALL Bush policies.

They hate him for his stimulus package. Over a hundred Republicans took stimulus money and created thousands of jobs. Republicans like to pretend that once the railroad is build, there are no more jobs. Except now, goods can be transported and workers can work from farther away. The same for bridges and roads and broadband.

They hate him for saving the auto industry. Imagine where we would be without that entire industry.

None of these reasons make sense. As hard as they try to spin Obama's success into failure, it's hollow. Too unbelievable. Look how hard they tried to suggest that Obama only got Bin Laden because of the Republican failed policies of torture. John McCain shot that down. That and the tape of Bush insisting he doesn't think about Bin Laden any more. I believe Bush.

So why all the hate? Could the Republican Party being 90% white and based in the Confederate South have anything to do with it?

obamabucks3.jpg

racist-tennessee-senator.jpg

Tea-Party-sign.jpg

racism.jpg

Many of the most racist pics were used by Republicans for mass mailouts during the campaign. Of course, they said, "Oh, we're sorry", which of course, didn't stop them from doing it again.

One has to wonder, have the Republicans convinced themselves it's not about race?

Let me preface this by saying that I voted for Obama. Admittedly, it was during a period when I hadn't been following politics for a number of years, and it was something akin to a racist maneuver. On the one hand, there were a lot of things I knew about Bush having done (Patriot Act, for example) that I vehemently opposed, so I was right there with the "f*ck the republican candidate!" bandwagon. Even more than that, though, as a mixed breed Hawaiian I was excited to see a hometown boy make it into the oval office, and I thought it'd be awesome to see a brown skinned man running the country. The guy was even born at the same hospital as me! I've since come to the conclusion (and this will be argued, I'm sure) that Obama is no more in favor of personal freedom than was his predecessor, and I've come to regret how I cast my vote in '08. For those of you who wish to dismiss this argument as racially motivated, know that you won't be doing so with any measure of honesty.

Muslim - Personally, no opinion on that one. I could care less what religion someone subscribes to, only how they conduct themselves. I've got several friends who practice Islam and truly don't believe in violence, so I tend to take muslims at their word that not all practicing the religion are in favor of suicide bombers. If the religion isn't 100% dedicated to the slaughter and subjugation of the nonbeliever, then I can't condone the unspoken assumption that, if he were muslim, it would automatically be a negative thing (other than the fact that it would mean he lied to the country about his religion to get elected, which would call into question his character and motivations). Basically, this is an unimportant enough issue that I'm willing to take him at his word that he's Christian.

Communist/Fascist/Marxist - I don't know about fascist, but the man's rhetoric has an undeniably Marxist bent. For instance, saying that we can no longer "afford to give the rich tax cuts" implies that taking less of their income is, in effect, akin to giving them something. The concept of giving someone something implies that ownership of that something transfers from the giver to the receiver, which implies that ownership was associated first with the giver. Thus, that line of reasoning implies that the money the rich make belongs, in the first place, to the government, who then gives the rich whatever portion of their income the government feels that it can afford. A line of reasoning that implies that an individual's wealth belongs first to the government.

On top of that his rhetoric has recently included an indictment of individualism, by name, claiming that it hasn't worked. The alternative to individualism is collectivism. In stead of people doing for self, everyone pitches into society as a whole. So we're talking about a man who's rhetoric includes the assumption that the government is the rightful owner of the nation's wealth and the stated belief that the working system is the one in which, in stead of individuals working to get themselves ahead, everyone works for the good of the collective. Collectivism + government control of wealth = X Solve for X

If you said X = Marxist Communism, you get a gold star!

His actual policies, however, have ranged from communist to traditionally liberal to corporatist. If we base it on his actual actions, the guy's all over the philosophical board, but all positions seem to support more centralized power and bigger government.

Reverend Wright - What you've put there is a pretty blatant mischaracterization. The problem many conservatives (especially white conservatives) had with this guy wasn't just the God damn America sound byte. The perception was that his teachings are divisive and encourage anti-white sentiment. In all fairness, it's reported that the guy preaches a theory of collective salvation where all white people in America are tied to the crimes perpetrated during the days of slavery and beyond, and that reparations must be paid if they truly want God to forgive any of them. Essentially, a theory that attributes the responsibility for wrongful actions of individuals to everyone of their skin color. A theory that proposes exactly what we've defined as racism. This, as you might imagine, was problematic in that it inspired questions along the lines of, "If this avowed racist (correctly perceived or not) is his primary spiritual leader, what does that say about his personal views on race?" Not saying this was necessarily a correct evaluation from the right. I've never spoken to Wright personally so I can't claim knowledge of the actual substance of his teachings. However, for you to imply that the only conceivable possibility is that anyone using the Reverend Wright argument is doing so dishonestly just to cover for their hatred of a black man, is either, in and of itself, ignorant or dishonest.

Bill Ayers - Can't say I know much about this issue. People claim Ayers was some sort of mentor for Obama, others claim they barely knew each other. I do know that I never heard anyone saying that a pre-teen Obama was in on Ayers' terrorist activities back in the day.

Stimulus - Republicans and Democrats adjust their economic calculations and accuse each other of false numbers so often that I don't know who to believe on this one. I will say, though, that with so much conflicting information flying around, I can't see how you could definitively say that anyone who says the stimulus wasn't worthwhile is just being a dishonest racist.

Auto Industry - Also not exactly my area of expertise, but "saved" is debatable. With GM for instance, if the administration hadn't taken over and done the restructuring itself, the company would have filed for bankruptcy, restructured on its own, and then made another go at it. The only real difference, as far as I know, is that a natural restructuring process involves downsizing to profitable levels. As I understand it, if it went the natural course, a larger portion of the burden of restructuring to a working model would have fallen on labor costs and a lot of union guys would have lost their jobs. In stead most of the burden was shouldered by the bondholders who were essentially told to take a f*ckin hike. Given Obama's relationship with organized labor and organized labor's tendency to support the president's political party, maybe, if you stretch your imagination a little, you can see where people might have gotten suspicious as to the necessity of the action and the president's motives.

Lastly, Obama's overall success is debatable. Again, there's all sorts of conflicting numbers flying around about the economy accompanied by all sorts of conflicting explanations about what caused what and what worked and what didn't. What is obvious is that groceries are more expensive, gas is more expensive, electricity and water are more expensive, and a lot of people are still a long way out of a job. For people not to take it on faith from one side's statisticians and economists that the other side's statisticians and economists are lying doesn't definitively mean they're racist or stupid.

If you did you'd have more self respect. Dante posts on many levels. If you stood back a bit you'd see where the lines are.

Being serious and honest is not always desirable on an internet forum, as the audience at any given time is only worthy of a return in-kind of what it posts.

I did not vote for Obama for a variety of reason, one of which was his inexperience in a time of crisis. One reason I will probably vote for him this time is the same principle - experience.

Romney had my attention as I lived in MA when he was guv and was a Democrat 4 Kerry Healey, his Lt. Gov. Romney lost any serious consideration when he appeared on stage taking the support (whoring) from Donald Trump. I can never erase that pathetic attempt to do anything to win including ingratiating oneself with a first class creep on stage during a Presidential election.

If Romney took the endorsement away from a press conference, he'd still have me listening and leaning towards him.

see?

:cool:
Obviously, Dante left his account logged on at the library.

I'm posting from the prison library and believe me, no one leaves anything unattended, unless of course they are a Jeff Gannon type Republican
See? You had any number of gay Democrats to choose from -- but you went with a conservative.

So much for your claims that you're not a partisan hack.

I don't need to be dictated to by any party. I know that's a novel concept for you.

gawd, you're dumb
Looks like someone doesn't understand how the primary system works.

Dumbass.

There is nothing inherently wrong with distancing oneself from the leadership. It an be an necessary and admirable thing to do. But like all things in life it depends on the how, the when, and the why the action is taken

Contradicting yourself in the space of so few posts will not improve your lack of credibility.

Nuance is not contradiction, it's intelligent reasoning. Did your mom forget to pack your critical thinking skill set for you?
Ahhh, "nuance": The leftist means of excusing hypocrisy.

We've asked the right wing to explain their hatred for Obama. They've pretty much given up on it because when they attempt to assign a reason, it comes across as "ridiculous".

We hate him because he's a "Muslim". They've stopped saying that because it uncovers their religious intolerance. We know he's not a Muslim. So we don't really hear that too much anymore. Besides, he took out most of al Qaeda and Bin Laden after Republicans let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him.

We hate him because he's "Communist/Fascist/Marxist" which shows the right doesn't understand the meaning of those words.

We hate him because he went to a church where a preacher said "God Damn America". In context, the preacher saying God damn America is what will happen if we don't follow God's scripture, which puts him in agreement with at least 85% of Republicans.

We hate him because he barely know's Bill Ayers, a man who blew up an office while protesting the Vietnam war. Wow, how could one man cause so much damage? Oh wait, ask Timothy McVeigh. And Ayers did it when Obama was 8 years old, which proves he was "in on it".:cuckoo: Funnier still, they both worked at the Annenberg Foundation, a right wing, conservative foundation, but on separate boards. They rarely met. But there has to be "something". There just has to be. There has to.

We hate him because he is pulling out of Iraq/he stayed in Iraq - I wish they would make up their minds.

We hate him because he increased the national debt. Bush and the Republicans passed an enormous tax cut targeting the rich DURING A TIME OF WAR which passed through that "reconciliation" they seem to hate so much. They passed a "drugs for votes" bill again through reconciliation, Bush did nothing after Katrina, never included the cost of either war in his budgets, thereby making incredible lies to the American people about the cost of the wars. Republicans know that Obama couldn't just "end" Bush policies, they know it doesn't work that way, yet they still accuse him of following the worst Bush policies, which of course, were ALL Bush policies.

They hate him for his stimulus package. Over a hundred Republicans took stimulus money and created thousands of jobs. Republicans like to pretend that once the railroad is build, there are no more jobs. Except now, goods can be transported and workers can work from farther away. The same for bridges and roads and broadband.

They hate him for saving the auto industry. Imagine where we would be without that entire industry.

None of these reasons make sense. As hard as they try to spin Obama's success into failure, it's hollow. Too unbelievable. Look how hard they tried to suggest that Obama only got Bin Laden because of the Republican failed policies of torture. John McCain shot that down. That and the tape of Bush insisting he doesn't think about Bin Laden any more. I believe Bush.

So why all the hate? Could the Republican Party being 90% white and based in the Confederate South have anything to do with it?

obamabucks3.jpg

racist-tennessee-senator.jpg

Tea-Party-sign.jpg

racism.jpg

Many of the most racist pics were used by Republicans for mass mailouts during the campaign. Of course, they said, "Oh, we're sorry", which of course, didn't stop them from doing it again.

One has to wonder, have the Republicans convinced themselves it's not about race?

Excellent, post, excellent points, and certainly RIGHT ON THE MONEY! :clap2:

Wow! This is an excellent post, a person of high intellect, no doubt. :cuckoo:

Exactly. This genius has hooked up with truthmatters. Two peas in a pod they are.

You poor pathetic fool. You seriously believe you understand anything outside the small world you inhabit? Go back into the service, or did they throw your tired old ass out?

gawd, you're dumb
Looks like someone doesn't understand how the primary system works.

Dumbass.

Every state has a party and local parties within them. Candidates that get support almost always (except in extremely rare circumstances) come out of the party ranks. Candidates spend time going to party events and meetings gathering support for a run.

gawd, you are as stupid as you appear.

:(

You poor pathetic fool. You seriously believe you understand anything outside the small world you inhabit? Go back into the service, or did they throw your tired old ass out?
I retired with 20 years and 12 day's service.

And my world is far larger than your leftist wet dreams.

really? ask around.

:lol: :lol:
Or you could post links.

If any existed, that is.

Face it, Dante: If you were interested in attacking lefties, you'd have condemned the OP instead of agreeing with it.

your pea brain having difficulty with he phrase 'ask around' :eek:
Typical leftist: "I made a claim -- now YOU prove it!!"

If you abdicate your responsibility to back up your claims, your claims are worthless.

Forum List

Back