Zone1 The Right to Rescue

That's a big fat load of crap. The word sentient comes from the Latin verb sentire, which means "to feel" or "to perceive" .... The word itself, for anyone with even a semblance of understanding of etymology, gives away what it means.

You WANT it to mean "highly advanced intelligence" :rolleyes: so you can continue to act as if animals are mere objects that you can exploit and use, not caring about the visible fact that they can feel pain and suffer.

That was the standard held to for a long time, before animal rights activists started trying to change it.

This is infuriating. People just suck. They really do. :(

(Not all people. Again, thank you for caring about what's going on with these and the other monkeys in the torture videos. You have a good heart.)

Some years ago I was involved in a fairly large project for a new administrative wing of a major pharmaceutical company.

Once in a while, whenever I was in the vicinity of the lab wing I would run into the guy who incinerated the test monkeys.

He had an eye patch, wore long rubber black boots and a long black rubber apron.

That cat always gave me the heebie jeebies.

You can't enslave an animal, because enslavement is about possession of another human being.

They are not sentient.

What does it mean to be sentient?

the ability to have feelings

Simply put, sentient means the ability to have feelings. It's the capacity for a creature to experience sensations and emotions.Apr 26, 2022

This is infuriating. People just suck. They really do. :(

(Not all people. Again, thank you for caring about what's going on with these and the other monkeys in the torture videos. You have a good heart.)
Update: One of the monkey channels got completely taken down not just the video. So that's a win. It was the one that used tweezers on a baby girl monkey's private part.
Keep Reporting them!

The baby monkey I posted above is the one I first came across she has an infected thumb. I read that in his private youtube account for paid viewers he broke her spine and she's dead I have no proof. He just started filming a new baby monkey and nobody ever saw this one again. In those two videos, she's distressed, dehydrated and, feeling scared.

Totally drugged and stomach distention from dehydration and starving then drinking drugged milk too fast.

Some years ago I was involved in a fairly large project for a new administrative wing of a major pharmaceutical company.

Once in a while, whenever I was in the vicinity of the lab wing I would run into the guy who incinerated the test monkeys.

He had an eye patch, wore long rubber black boots and a long black rubber apron.

That cat always gave me the heebie jeebies.

Oh my goodness. That sounds like something from a dark movie. Heck, anyone who is capable of killing those monkeys would give me the heebie jeebies too, I can't believe they do that after all the horrible experimenting they put them through. Why not release them to an animal sanctuary?

Update: One of the monkey channels got completely taken down not just the video. So that's a win. It was the one that used tweezers on a baby girl monkey's private part.
Keep Reporting them!

The baby monkey I posted above is the one I first came across she has an infected thumb. I read that in his private youtube account for paid viewers he broke her spine and she's dead I have no proof. He just started filming a new baby monkey and nobody ever saw this one again. In those two videos, she's distressed, dehydrated and, feeling scared.

Totally drugged and stomach distention from dehydration and starving then drinking drugged milk too fast.

Michelle's censoring the Internet. :mad:

Yeah, it's hard telling what they do wth em.

I'm not an expert, but from the little I do know about animal testing and vivisection....it's not only cruel, but from what I heard, it isn't even beneficial from a practical standpoint. Which leads me to think that it's just demonic. But anyway.... sheesh, now I feel I need to look at something happy after all this ugly sad stuff, ha ha.

That is anthropizing animals.

Alright I'm getting back to this point like I said I would, because I wanted to post a few parts of a blog post I wrote a few years ago on ^ this very claim. Here it is:

Basically, anthropomorphize is just a fancy word for humanize.
So what exactly do the naysayers mean by humanize or “anthropomorphize”? I’m assuming that what they’re saying is that vegans ascribe qualities like intelligence, emotions and personalities to animals, in order to justify our position that people shouldn’t eat or exploit animals.
There are two points I want to make about this claim.
The first point is that we don’t have to falsely ascribe emotions or intelligence to animals, because it is an observable fact that many animals indeed do have emotions, intelligence, and sentience. Anyone who has owned a dog or cat knows this. Perhaps average people aren’t aware that farm animals are also sentient, intelligent and have their own individual personalities, like our cats and dogs. In fact, pigs are ranked as even smarter than dogs, and tests have shown that they outsmart even human toddlers.
The second point gets back to my original comment that this claim shows a big misunderstanding. Here’s why.
By assuming that attributes like intelligence, emotions and personalities are inherently human, the non-vegan who is making this claim is showing an anthropocentric worldview. In other words, he is making human beings central in this universe. Human beings are not central.
Here’s the reality. Qualities like intelligence, emotions and personalities are not “human” qualities, they are qualities that humans possess, but not only humans.
These qualities come from God. GOD is the one who gave us intelligence, emotions and personalities, but God also gave those qualities to many animals as well. So they are not human qualities, they are qualities that are rooted in God’s nature, and He chose to give not only humans but also animals a certain amount of intelligence, personalities and emotions.

The full post is here.

And man oh man, I spent a little too much time here today. :) I have some things I gotta do, but I'll be back later if anyone responds to what I just said about the false claim of anthropomorphizing. :huddle:

Update: One of the monkey channels got completely taken down not just the video. So that's a win. It was the one that used tweezers on a baby girl monkey's private part
Good grief it's hard to care about humanity as a whole (although there is good among many). We really are the most evil and arrogant of God's creation.

Thank you for what you did. I hope there are a million others who will follow your example

Forum List

Back