Zone1 Abortion Policy Poll

What is your position on abortion policy?

• It is a Constitutional Right prior to actual birth.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • It should be left up to the States.

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • There should be a federal law regulating all abortions

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
This poll is to clarify the mutually exclusive positions that are often conflated on this site.

Last edited:
I support the utility of abortion....Take it anyway you want.
Yup. And if the doctor says, "folks, there's something wrong we need to do a late term abortion" that should be perfectly legal and the government needs to stay out of the doctors office.

No one walks in to an abortion clinic 7 months pregnant and says I changed my mind.

This poll is to clarify the mutually exclusive positions that are often conflated on this site.
I wish you had offered more options.

I don't actually believe abortion is a constitutional right. In fact, I think Roe was a horribly flawed decision.

But it should absolutely be legal and the reality is, women are going to get abortions no matter what the law is. Much like prohibition didn't stop people from getting drunk, abortion laws are not going to stop women from terminating unwanted pregnancies.

The only people who will be hurt are innocent women who have had pregnancies gone wrong in late trimesters, but can't find a doctor.

Most abortions are performed in the first trimester, and it just doesn't take a lot of technical skill to end a pregnancy at that point.

I wish you had offered more options.

I don't actually believe abortion is a constitutional right. In fact, I think Roe was a horribly flawed decision.

But it should absolutely be legal and the reality is, women are going to get abortions no matter what the law is. Much like prohibition didn't stop people from getting drunk, abortion laws are not going to stop women from terminating unwanted pregnancies.

The only people who will be hurt are innocent women who have had pregnancies gone wrong in late trimesters, but can't find a doctor.

Most abortions are performed in the first trimester, and it just doesn't take a lot of technical skill to end a pregnancy at that point.

What would have happened to those women a couple hundred years ago?

As much time as you people spent bloviating how you "Did Not Want Big Government In The Doctor's Office", and "The Government Has No Right To Decide Health Care" you sure as hell want to regulate Women's Health Care.

Women have the right to decide what Health Care they want and Women the right to decide operations they will undergo and what medications they can take. Your hypocrisy is showing.

Last edited:
I voted for:

It is a Constitutional Right prior to actual birth​

But that does not mean there should be no restrictions.

That would be up to the Woman and her doctor. But in cases of rape and/or incest this is no question that the abortion should go forward. If the life of the mother is endangered, the abortion should be allowed or is fetus is NOT viable outside of the womb there should be allowances for abortion.

As much time as you people spent bloviating how you "Did Not Want Big Government In The Doctor's Office", and "The Government Has No Right To Decide Health Care" you sure as hell want to regulate Women's Health Care.

Women have the right to decide what Health Care they want and Women the right to decide operations they will undergo and what medications they can take. Your hypocrisy is showing.
Does that mean you are unable to answer a simple question?

We need to keep encouraging young adults to hold off on marriage and kids until much later in life. Less divorce, less unwanted kids, there is no negatives. Getting married in one's 20s is bad.

Where is the option for the child in the womb to have a say in their murder?

We need to keep encouraging young adults to hold off on marriage and kids until much later in life. Less divorce, less unwanted kids, there is no negatives. Getting married in one's 20s is bad.
If you are going to get divorced, do it before you have kids. In that case, why get married?

If you are going to get divorced, do it before you have kids. In that case, why get married?
Exactly. Waiting until 35 or even 40 before settling down is what needs to become the trend. Slowly but surely it is.

Forum List

Back