The Right to Believe What One Wants

With good reason. "Right and Wrong" are completely subjective, entirely personal, and have no business in an objective education.

If you truly believe that Right and Wrong are subjective, then we have no basis to discuss anything. Where I come from thise concepts are not subjective. They are the same as they were thousands of years ago when the first human civilizations discovered them.

No, my daughter and your little property you call "a daughter" will likely not be crossing paths.

That would probably be in everyone's best interest. I don't see them getting along very well, or at all.
Hmm, don't be so sure,. your daughter might eventually wake up and see how stupid and evil your brainwashing is. That's your big fear, of course. That's why you keep your kids in a little cage at home.

Hmm, don't be so sure,. your daughter might eventually wake up and see how stupid and evil your brainwashing is. That's your big fear, of course. That's why you keep your kids in a little cage at home.

At which point she would cease to be my child or my problem. I have no issue putting a 5 year old out in the street to provide for itself. Nevermind an adolescent.

At which point she would cease to be my child or my problem. I have no issue putting a 5 year old out in the street to provide for itself. Nevermind an adolescent.
haha, okay, now I know you are a troll. Nobody is this stupid. Nobody. Go waste somebody else's time.

Call it what you want but by definition it's still proselytizing...... :thup:
Is it, now? As the term proselytising is the act converting or attempting to convert (someone) from one religion, to another, do tell, to what religion am I attempting to convert anyone?
we want them to quit indoctrinating young, impressionable children with their made-up bullshit.
If you don't see it you're willfully blind.
Not at all. I just wanted to see if you were stupid enough to call atheism a religion. You clearly are not. Toddle on back into your corner. You are dismissed.
If only you had that kind of power over yourself........ You certainly don't have it over me.......... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Watch me. You seem to be confused over what "You are dismissed means". It means you can twaddle on to your little dishonest heart desires. But, I can choose not to respond, as you have been dismissed by me.
I know what you meant and the non existent power it holds over me but you will continue to flatter yourself and no one but you can prevent that fallacy..........

Besides you obviously have a myopic view of the definition of the word proselytize, it's not specifically religion oriented........ You should look it up...... (I'm "going on faith" that you know how) :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Proselytizing? You mean stating fact, and reason. Yes, your right. I thought I did state the case rather well. Thank you.
Is it, now? As the term proselytising is the act converting or attempting to convert (someone) from one religion, to another, do tell, to what religion am I attempting to convert anyone?
we want them to quit indoctrinating young, impressionable children with their made-up bullshit.
Not at all. I just wanted to see if you were stupid enough to call atheism a religion. You clearly are not. Toddle on back into your corner. You are dismissed.
The notion that being free from faith is a ‘religion’ is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong, and fails as a straw man fallacy.

To acknowledge the fact that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists is not a ‘belief’ – and is clearly not ‘religion.’
I couldn't agree more. Yet, they keep trying to pretend it is a religion. I suppose they also think bald is a hair style.

In what universe do you live? My kids' schools have never taught anything even resembling that. And I taught my own kids right and wrong. For you to imply or state that a kid has to be home schooled to learn this only demonstrates how poorly you have done to teach your kids right and wrong, if you think their sense of this would be undermined by attending a public school.

Your kids school allows girls in science classes, teaches that the right side won the Civil War and requires at least some level of foreign language and sex ed for graduation, right? If so, then it is not a school which i believe teaches any form of Right and Wrong.
I noticed that you said you homeschool your children. Knowing that most states have rather rigid guidelines, and restrictions on how hoe schooling is to be administered, are you seriously expecting us to believe, from your statement, that you do not allow your girls to learn science?!?! Really????

haha, okay, now I know you are a troll. Nobody is this stupid. Nobody. Go waste somebody else's time.

I'm as serious as a heart attack. I see no sense in supporting anyone who doesn't believe or live the same way I do. Thsts the equivalent of giving aid and comfort to your enemies.
You are not serious. If you were stupid enough to believe the things you said, you wouldn't be smart enough to feed yourself.

I noticed that you said you homeschool your children. Knowing that most states have rather rigid guidelines, and restrictions on how hoe schooling is to be administered, are you seriously expecting us to believe, from your statement, that you do not allow your girls to learn science?!?! Really????

You really think I give a fuck whst this Government wants? There are plenty of ways to chest the system, even in obnoxious states.

Just because your curriculum says you're teaching science doesn't mean you're actually teaching it. Oh, and the answer keys for standardized tests can be easily purchased if you know the right people.

The notion that being free from faith is a ‘religion’ is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong, and fails as a straw man fallacy.

To acknowledge the fact that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists is not a ‘belief’ – and is clearly not ‘religion.’
I couldn't agree more. Yet, they keep trying to pretend it is a religion. I suppose they also think bald is a hair style.
In the correct context it is........... Depending on who one talks to...... Betcha didn't know that did ya........ Ain't the English language fun when you truly know it? Oh yeah, you wouldn't know........

You really think I give a fuck whst this Government wants? There are plenty of ways to chest the system, even in obnoxious states.

Just because your curriculum says you're teaching science doesn't mean you're actually teaching it. Oh, and the answer keys for standardized tests can be easily purchased if you know the right people.
Wow. Thank you so much for posting to this discussion, and demonstrating for everyone the bankruptcy of your mythology. Contempt for civil government, willingness to lie, and cheat in service to your mythology. And a willingness to condemn your own children to ignorance, and indoctrination.

Here is the paragon of theism. Well done. I do so love it when someone from the opposition makes my case for me.

In the correct context it is........... Depending on who one talks to...... Betcha didn't know that did ya........ Ain't the English language fun when you truly know it? Oh yeah, you wouldn't know........
It's adorable how you continue to think that your blathering has any meaning.

Wow. Thank you so much for posting to this discussion, and demonstrating for everyone the bankruptcy of your mythology. Contempt for civil government, willingness to lie, and cheat in service to your mythology. And a willingness to condemn your own children to ignorance, and indoctrination.

Here is the paragon of theism. Well done. I do so love it when someone from the opposition makes my case for me.

Except that I'm NOT a Theist. I have no use for organized religion in any form or type. I'm a Spiritualist who believes that Morality is the defining characteristic of human life.

You see, it's not that atheists want to force theists to believe, or disbelieve anything. We just want them to quit using the government to enshrine their mythologies in the laws of the land, and we want them to quit indoctrinating young, impressionable children with their made-up bullshit'.

Are you suggesting thst I don't have a eight to instruct my own children in my system of beliefs, but thst the Public Education system gets to Indoctrinate them with yoirs?
I submit that what you call "indoctrination" by the Public Education System is teaching facts, science, and critical thinking. How does your indoctrinating your children to accept the existence of something for which there is no objective evidence teach any of these things?

The modern American government school system isn't doing a great job teaching facts, science and critical thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except that I'm NOT a Theist. I have no use for organized religion in any form or type. I'm a Spiritualist who believes that Morality is the defining characteristic of human life.
Sure. LOL Theist...deist. It is all the same. You give all to your superstition, and mythology.

You see, it's not that atheists want to force theists to believe, or disbelieve anything. We just want them to quit using the government to enshrine their mythologies in the laws of the land, and we want them to quit indoctrinating young, impressionable children with their made-up bullshit'.

Are you suggesting thst I don't have a eight to instruct my own children in my system of beliefs, but thst the Public Education system gets to Indoctrinate them with yoirs?
I submit that what you call "indoctrination" by the Public Education System is teaching facts, science, and critical thinking. How does your indoctrinating your children to accept the existence of something for which there is no objective evidence teach any of these things?

The modern American government school system isn't doing a great job teaching facts, science and critical thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again, everyone is entitled to their unsupported opinions. Although, I would agree that some school systems that have allowed social conservatism to dictate their curriculum have allowed superstition, and mythology to supplant actual fact, and reason.

It's adorable how you continue to think that your blathering has any meaning.
The sad but funny thing is it does and you're too self absorbed to get it......... :thup:

Sure. LOL Theist...deist. It is all the same. You give all to your superstition, and mythology.

All your science didnt do my father any good with his cancer and hasn't helped me with any of my problems in life. After his death I took a hard look at my life, what I believed in, and what had worked in my life. I researched dozens of religious, spiritual and scientific viewpoints on life, and found what I believe in.

Your Society has done nothing for me, but has taken plenty from me. I cannot support thst in any way.

Forum List

Back