The Right to Believe What One Wants

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
I want to be clear about something. Many Christians, and Muslims think that atheists want to deny them the right to believe what they they wish, and to have personal opinion. This is absolutely not true.

You have every right to believe that the grass is green because, every morning the Little Green Grass Fairy comes out and paints each blade with her tiny, little Green Grass Brush. No one has any right to tell you that you are not entitled to that opinion.

However, I also have every right, understanding science, chlorophyll, light, and the mechanisms of the eye, and how all of that affects colour, to think that you are an absolute fucking moron.

You see, it's not that atheists want to force theists to believe, or disbelieve anything. We just want them to quit using the government to enshrine their mythologies in the laws of the land, and we want them to quit indoctrinating young, impressionable children with their made-up bullshit.

Just sayin'.

A don't ask don't tell policy would be better, INCLUDING RESTRICTION FROM displaying your gang symbols. Makes it harder to discriminate against or argue over if nobody displays their gang affiliation.
Notice I use the gang analogy because this is the behavior pitting affiliate team against team creates.
Understanding social group behavior is important to solving the conflicts which gang mentality cause.

I want to be clear about something. Many Christians, and Muslims think that atheists want to deny them the right to believe what they they wish, and to have personal opinion. This is absolutely not true.

You have every right to believe that the grass is green because, every morning the Little Green Grass Fairy comes out and paints each blade with her tiny, little Green Grass Brush. No one has any right to tell you that you are not entitled to that opinion.

However, I also have every right, understanding science, chlorophyll, light, and the mechanisms of the eye, and how all of that affects colour, to think that you are an absolute fucking moron.

You see, it's not that atheists want to force theists to believe, or disbelieve anything. We just want them to quit using the government to enshrine their mythologies in the laws of the land, and we want them to quit indoctrinating young, impressionable children with their made-up bullshit.

Just sayin'.
Nice proselytizing........... :eusa_whistle:

It seems to me that your side is quite eager to use the force of government to push godlessness on young, impressionable children, as well as to indoctrinate them with all manner of sick sexual perversion. It gets down to the basic distinction between good and evil. You don't want us to use government to promote good, but you want the right to use it to promote evil.

Just sayin'.
Proselytizing? You mean stating fact, and reason. Yes, your right. I thought I did state the case rather well. Thank you.

It seems to me that your side is quite eager to use the force of government to push godlessness on young, impressionable children, as well as to indoctrinate them with all manner of sick sexual perversion. It gets down to the basic distinction between good and evil. You don't want us to use government to promote good, but you want the right to use it to promote evil.
You are calling homosexuality "evil". And your reason for doing so is nothing more than a personal neurosis, for which you provide cover by declaring divine moral authority. Those deeming it acceptable have used reason to conclude that it is harmless and is going to be allowed to exist and be normalized. Given this simple contrast, it should come as no surprise that you magical fetishists lose every single argument in the arena of reason, including our courts. You get all huffy and try to blame the "oppressive atheist bullies", when what you should do is examine your own methods and arguments to see why they are laughably stupid and always fail.

How? Please be specific. What activities is the government "forcing" children to participate in?

You see, it's not that atheists want to force theists to believe, or disbelieve anything. We just want them to quit using the government to enshrine their mythologies in the laws of the land, and we want them to quit indoctrinating young, impressionable children with their made-up bullshit'.

Are you suggesting thst I don't have a eight to instruct my own children in my system of beliefs, but thst the Public Education system gets to Indoctrinate them with yoirs?

You see, it's not that atheists want to force theists to believe, or disbelieve anything. We just want them to quit using the government to enshrine their mythologies in the laws of the land, and we want them to quit indoctrinating young, impressionable children with their made-up bullshit'.

Are you suggesting thst I don't have a eight to instruct my own children in my system of beliefs, but thst the Public Education system gets to Indoctrinate them with yoirs?
I submit that what you call "indoctrination" by the Public Education System is teaching facts, science, and critical thinking. How does your indoctrinating your children to accept the existence of something for which there is no objective evidence teach any of these things?

You have a right to do that. It's a form of abuse, but not illegal, nor will it ever be illegal.
How? Please be specific. What activities is the government "forcing" children to participate in?

Here's just one example, out of many that have occurred recently.

Transgender reveal in kindergarten class leaves parents feeling "betrayed" - CBS News
Pointing out the rarity of such examples only undermines your own argument. Also, it would be fairly easy to outnumber your examples 5 to 1 with examples of religious nutballs tryint to force the teaching of their nuttery in science classrooms, which would also turn your own argument back on you 5-fold. Maybe this is not the tack you want to take...?

Transgender reveal in kindergarten class leaves parents feeling "betrayed" - CBS News
Pointing out the rarity of such examples only undermines your own argument. Also, it would be fairly easy to outnumber your examples 5 to 1 with examples of religious nutballs tryint [sic] to force the teaching of their nuttery in science classrooms, which would also turn your own argument back on you 5-fold. Maybe this is not the tack you want to take...?

I think this is a perfect example of where your twisted and defective ideology leads. Science is absolutely clear about the distinction between male and female, yet your side promotes this sort of sick sexual perversion, and even forces it on young innocent children, and then characterizes as “religious nutballs” those of us who object to this sexual abuse of children. This is what happens when we allow Godless, ignorant, foolish perverts to dictate what “truth” should be taught to children.

Just sayin'.
Proselytizing? You mean stating fact, and reason. Yes, your right. I thought I did state the case rather well. Thank you.
Call it what you want but by definition it's still proselytizing...... :thup:

Pointing out the rarity of such examples only undermines your own argument. Also, it would be fairly easy to outnumber your examples 5 to 1 with examples of religious nutballs tryint [sic] to force the teaching of their nuttery in science classrooms, which would also turn your own argument back on you 5-fold. Maybe this is not the tack you want to take...?

I think this is a perfect example of where your twisted and defective ideology leads. Science is absolutely clear about the distinction between male and female, yet your side promotes this sort of sick sexual perversion, and even forces it on young innocent children, and then characterizes as “religious nutballs” those of us who object to this sexual abuse of children. This is what happens when we allow Godless, ignorant, foolish perverts to dictate what “truth” should be taught to children.
"Science is absolutely clear about the distinction between male and female, yet your side promotes this sort of sick sexual perversion, and even forces it on young innocent children"

What a stupid argument. As if any person, transgender or otherwise, thinks that allowing a person to identify as a new gender changes their chromosomal makeup. Go ahead, keep embarrassing yourself with your stupid argument. And continue to scratch your head in ignorant disbelief as it is laughed out of the arena of reason every single time. Of course, you will blame the "godless", because, hey, it can't be that your arguments are stupid and impotent, right?

"Science is absolutely clear about the distinction between male and female, yet your side promotes this sort of sick sexual perversion, and even forces it on young innocent children"

What a stupid argument. As if any person, transgender or otherwise, thinks that allowing a person to identify as a new gender changes their chromosomal makeup. Go ahead, keep embarrassing yourself with your stupid argument. And continue to scratch your head in ignorant disbelief as it is laughed out of the arena of reason every single time. Of course, you will blame the "godless", because, hey, it can't be that your arguments are stupid and impotent, right?

Well, there we have it. For all the empty lip service that your side pays to “facts, science, and critical thinking”, one doesn't need to dig very deep to see that you don't mean it at all, that you regard genuine science as “religious nuttery” when it conflicts with your sick sexual fetishes and your desire to force these fetishes on children.

Modern LIbEralism has truly degenerated into a mental and moral disease.

Just sayin'.
Is it, now? As the term proselytising is the act converting or attempting to convert (someone) from one religion, to another, do tell, to what religion am I attempting to convert anyone?

Just sayin'.
Is it, now? As the term proselytising is the act converting or attempting to convert (someone) from one religion, to another, do tell, to what religion am I attempting to convert anyone?
we want them to quit indoctrinating young, impressionable children with their made-up bullshit.
If you don't see it you're willfully blind.

Just sayin'.
We also have the right to point and laugh at people like you who think anyone is using government to enshrine anything.

You also have the right to turn a blind eye to your nonsense, but I doubt you will.

Forum List

Back