'The Right To Be Let Alone' As A Campaign Slogan

pot meets kettle

episode #60,932
So true.
Trump: Do whatever the hell you want to do.
Biden: Do whatever the hell you want to do.

"Not a dime's worth of difference." -George Wallace

Of course, there is a difference. Trump builds walls to protect America, Biden tears them down.

In one of the most famous Supreme Court dissents in history, in Olmstead v United States, Justice Brandeis enunciated the basic principle of a Constitutional democracy:

Trump wants everyone to bow down to him. Mike Johnson want everyone to have sex only according to his rules. The Kochs and the Mercers want everyone’s money. These are not exclusive desires (though Trump probably doesn’t care what people do in bed unless he’s in the bed with them). But they cannot do this as long as the people have the right to be let alone.

I phrase it in a different context.

"Mind your own Business"
Hun, yo head is full of baloney. :disbelief:

The right to be left alone...

From a government that tries to tell me what to say, what to think, tries to disarm me, tries to force an experimental vaccine on me, overburdens me with taxes.

So true.
Trump: Do whatever the hell you want to do.
Biden: Do whatever the hell you want to do.

"Not a dime's worth of difference." -George Wallace

Of course, there is a difference. Trump builds walls to protect America, Biden tears them down.

Walls only protect prisons. They didn’t protect Israel, or China.

Trump wants to be dictator.

From a government that tries to tell me what to say, what to think, tries to disarm me, tries to force an experimental vaccine on me, overburdens me with taxes.
It's hypocritical to be sure. But at least they get it right sometimes.

The government doesn’t do any of these things to you. It hasn’t tried to disarm law abiding citizens and you’ve been forced to take experimental vaccines since the day you were born.

There are lots of places in the world you can live where there are no laws and no taxes.

You seem to think that living in a first world country should be tax free. You shouldn’t have to pay the costs of peace, security and protection of your property rights. Who SHOULD pay for this stuff petro? Why not you???

The government doesn’t do any of these things to you. It hasn’t tried to disarm law abiding citizens and you’ve been forced to take experimental vaccines since the day you were born.

There are lots of places in the world you can live where there are no laws and no taxes.

You seem to think that living in a first world country should be tax free. You shouldn’t have to pay the costs of peace, security and protection of your property rights. Who SHOULD pay for this stuff petro? Why not you???
Did I say no taxes?
No I didn't.
I said overburdened.
I never said anything about no laws, that was you misrepresenting a post as you always do.

Dishonest to core...the mantra of Progtards.

Simple solution, forget the party, look at BOTH sides of the information, MAKE up your own mind

I don't mind paying taxes to fund the government. But that's not how Congress uses the taxation power. They see it as just another lever to manipulate society. A political tool to reward friends and punish enemies.

Forum List

Back