The result is that by the end of 2018, the nation will hit milestone

And the Republicans want to add over $2 trillion to the National Debt with another tax cut?
I support higher taxes’: The billionaire behind the National Debt Clock has had it with Trump
<snip>
Republicans, including President Donald Trump, campaigned on balancing the budget, yet they have added more than $1.5 trillion to the debt in the past year.
The result is that by the end of 2018, the nation will hit milestone: The federal government’s total debt owed to outsiders (known as “debt held by the public”) will exceed all debt that U.S. households have for mortgages, credit cards, cars, student loans and other personal loans for the first time in modern history, according to JPMorgan.
‘I support higher taxes’: The billionaire behind the National Debt Clock has had it with Trump
So Trump and Congress will set a new milestone of an economic negative for our country and that's not counting the proposed new tax cut that will at at least $2 trillion to the National Debt.
New GOP tax cuts would add $3.8 trillion to deficit, says report
Where are the conservatives, I mean the real conservatives?
Who going to pay for it?What programs are going to suffer?
We are turning into a fiscally irresponsible Banana Republic.
tax cuts don't cause debt. spending more than you have does that.
Cutting your revenue when you have existing obligations causes debt.

You have 2 choices...

1. Status quo, increase taxes and continue the accelerating death spiral into the ground.

2. Cut taxes and regulations to super charge the economy, give us a chance to grow our way out of the problem. Yes initially deficits will be higher, but long term we have a fighting chance to balance the budget and pay down the debt.

Need to be careful supercharging the economy, that always leads to a bubble and the boom-bust cycles. Prefer slow and steady with mild recessions.

You won't have any growth if we spiral into the ground slow and steady, its risk taking time brother.

The National Debt is the largest threat to US security says the Joint Chiefs. Its time to stop growing the Debt. I believe its time to cut spending (fix entitlements that are going bankrupt) and raise the top tax rate. Growing the economy at about 3% helps a lot. I hope Trump can fix the economy by bringing back manufacturing and straightening out the trade imbalances.

You have 2 choices...

1. Status quo, increase taxes and continue the accelerating death spiral into the ground.

2. Cut taxes and regulations to super charge the economy, give us a chance to grow our way out of the problem. Yes initially deficits will be higher, but long term we have a fighting chance to balance the budget and pay down the debt.

Need to be careful supercharging the economy, that always leads to a bubble and the boom-bust cycles. Prefer slow and steady with mild recessions.

You won't have any growth if we spiral into the ground slow and steady, its risk taking time brother.

The National Debt is the largest threat to US security says the Joint Chiefs. Its time to stop growing the Debt. I believe its time to cut spending (fix entitlements that are going bankrupt) and raise the top tax rate. Growing the economy at about 3% helps a lot. I hope Trump can fix the economy by bringing back manufacturing and straightening out the trade imbalances.

Its already too late, tax increases and spending cuts at this point that's like shooting spit wads at the problem. We need to generate $1 to $2 trillion MORE in tax revenue with growth.

You have 2 choices...

Its already too late, tax increases and spending cuts at this point that's like shooting spit wads at the problem. We need to generate $1 to $2 trillion MORE in tax revenue with growth.

Wishful thinking won't make the US economy grow unrealistically. Long term steady growth of 3% is optimistic, even then there will be recessions. You need to be practical and fix entitlements (there are well publicized fixes) and control defense spending. Get another "Grace Commission" to cut the size of government and eliminate duplication and waste, and you're on the right track. The Top Rate needs to increase, let the greedy fuks scream, someone needs to pay the bills.

tax cuts don't cause debt. spending more than you have does that.

Tax cuts reduce how much you have, causing more debt

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The latest monthly budget report from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office finds that revenues from federal income taxes were $76 billion higher in the first half of this year, compared with the first half of 2017. That's a 9% jump, even though the lower income tax withholding schedules went into effect in February.

The CBO says the gain "largely reflects increases in wages and salaries."

For the fiscal year as a whole — which started last October — all federal revenues are up by $31 billion. That's a 1.2% in increase over last year, the CBO says.

Income Tax Revenues Are Up 9% As Trump's Pro-Growth Tax Cuts Kick In

But after the tax cuts effects kicked in, Revenue dropped.
U.S. government revenue drops after tax cuts

It always does, it has after every tax cut since Reagan.

You don’t think it’s fair to give it a 12 month cycle to see the true impact?

We are seeing the impact, reduced revenue. What do you think is going to change in the next couple months?

And the Republicans want to add over $2 trillion to the National Debt with another tax cut?
I support higher taxes’: The billionaire behind the National Debt Clock has had it with Trump
<snip>
Republicans, including President Donald Trump, campaigned on balancing the budget, yet they have added more than $1.5 trillion to the debt in the past year.
The result is that by the end of 2018, the nation will hit milestone: The federal government’s total debt owed to outsiders (known as “debt held by the public”) will exceed all debt that U.S. households have for mortgages, credit cards, cars, student loans and other personal loans for the first time in modern history, according to JPMorgan.
‘I support higher taxes’: The billionaire behind the National Debt Clock has had it with Trump
So Trump and Congress will set a new milestone of an economic negative for our country and that's not counting the proposed new tax cut that will at at least $2 trillion to the National Debt.
by the end of the year?

do you understand that trump has slowed down the amount our debt goes up?

no, of course you don't, like the obedient sheep that you are, free thought is impossible.

you think more taxes are better, that's some of the most evil shit a person can say, you openly hate working people and are to dumb to understand that increased taxes on corps and the wealthy will simply be passed on to the population.

nothing I just said hasn't been explained to you, proving that leftists really are the most unteachable people in the multiverse.

Tax cuts reduce how much you have, causing more debt

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The latest monthly budget report from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office finds that revenues from federal income taxes were $76 billion higher in the first half of this year, compared with the first half of 2017. That's a 9% jump, even though the lower income tax withholding schedules went into effect in February.

For the fiscal year as a whole — which started last October — all federal revenues are up by $31 billion. That's a 1.2% in increase over last year, the CBO says.

We are seeing the impact, reduced revenue. What do you think is going to change in the next couple months?

An increase in revenue as more people are working and paying taxes. Also fewer refunds for those in the Blue states (me).

<snip>
by the end of the year?

no, of course you don't, like the obedient sheep that you are, free thought is impossible.

you think more taxes are better, that's some of the most evil shit a person can say, you openly hate working people and are to dumb to understand that increased taxes on corps and the wealthy will simply be passed on to the population.

nothing I just said hasn't been explained to you, proving that leftists really are the most unteachable people in the multiverse.

LOL

Obedient Sheep

You have 2 choices...

For you dreamers I'm sorry but the problem has grown so huge fixing it with spending cuts and tax increases is no longer an option. Our only hope is growth.

You mean like this?
Trump adviser eyes entitlement cuts to plug budget gaps
Trump adviser eyes entitlement cuts to plug budget gaps
Then.....
House GOP plan would cut Medicare, Medicaid to balance budget
House GOP plan would cut Medicare, Medicaid to balance budget
So, make cuts to these entitlements to pay for the tax cuts that heavily favor the uber wealthy?

Two Thumbs said:

No he has not, he has increased the amount our debt is going up. Are you really this uninformed?

In 2013 the debt went up by 679 billion, in 2014 it was up by 485 billion, in 2015 it was up by 438 billion, in 2016 it was up by 585 billion, in 2017, Trump's first year it was up by 665 billion (which is more than the 4 years before it). In 2018 we are on track to add 1.3 trillion dollars to the deficit, the highest since 2009 and the 2nd most ever on record.

with 3.5 months to go in the FY we are already above the amount added to the debt for each of the last 6 years

Last edited:

An increase in revenue as more people are working and paying taxes. Also fewer refunds for those in the Blue states (me).

People are already working, there are more open jobs than people to fill them. There is not going to be some magical influx of new people working suddenly.

<snip>
by the end of the year?

Golfer, I think you intended to quote the above post.

<snip>
by the end of the year?

Golfer, I think you intended to quote the above post.

I did, I apologize for quoting the wrong person, I have fixed it now. My bad!

People are already working, there are more open jobs than people to fill them. There is not going to be some magical influx of new people working suddenly.

We have yet to see the full effect IMO. Unless you believe the GOP passed this plan to incur more losses and grow the debt? Doesn’t seem logical.

We have yet to see the full effect IMO. Unless you believe the GOP passed this plan to incur more losses and grow the debt? Doesn’t seem logical.

The GOP passed the plan to try and win votes, they do not care about the debt. I think we are seeing its full effect, which is why we are down for the year...that is the expected effect of a tax cut for anyone that pays attention.

The GOP passed the plan to try and win votes, they do not care about the debt. I think we are seeing its full effect, which is why we are down for the year...that is the expected effect of a tax cut for anyone that pays attention.

They just won the White House? Win what votes? Aren’t you a Republican? Didn’t they pass it to create job and wage growth and to halt or slow down corporate inversions?

As facts show (the deficit), they have.
Budget Deficits Keep Growing in the Trump Era | National Review
How the Trump Tax Cut Is Helping to Push the Federal Deficit to $1 Trillion
Trump trillion-dollar-plus deficits are putting America on a path to fiscal ruin

Forum List

Back