The result is that by the end of 2018, the nation will hit milestone

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
And the Republicans want to add over $2 trillion to the National Debt with another tax cut?
I support higher taxes’: The billionaire behind the National Debt Clock has had it with Trump
<snip>
Republicans, including President Donald Trump, campaigned on balancing the budget, yet they have added more than $1.5 trillion to the debt in the past year.
The result is that by the end of 2018, the nation will hit milestone: The federal government’s total debt owed to outsiders (known as “debt held by the public”) will exceed all debt that U.S. households have for mortgages, credit cards, cars, student loans and other personal loans for the first time in modern history, according to JPMorgan.
‘I support higher taxes’: The billionaire behind the National Debt Clock has had it with Trump
So Trump and Congress will set a new milestone of an economic negative for our country and that's not counting the proposed new tax cut that will at at least $2 trillion to the National Debt.
New GOP tax cuts would add $3.8 trillion to deficit, says report
Where are the conservatives, I mean the real conservatives?
Who going to pay for it?What programs are going to suffer?
We are turning into a fiscally irresponsible Banana Republic.

Last edited:
And the Republicans want to add over $2 trillion to the National Debt with another tax cut?
I support higher taxes’: The billionaire behind the National Debt Clock has had it with Trump
<snip>
Republicans, including President Donald Trump, campaigned on balancing the budget, yet they have added more than $1.5 trillion to the debt in the past year.
The result is that by the end of 2018, the nation will hit milestone: The federal government’s total debt owed to outsiders (known as “debt held by the public”) will exceed all debt that U.S. households have for mortgages, credit cards, cars, student loans and other personal loans for the first time in modern history, according to JPMorgan.
‘I support higher taxes’: The billionaire behind the National Debt Clock has had it with Trump
So Trump and Congress will set a new milestone of an economic negative for our country and that's not counting the proposed new tax cut that will at at lest $2 trillion to the National Debt.
The fight is not over how much we will spend (until we are completely bankrupt). The fight is over WHAT to spend our great-grandchildren's money to buy.

A lot of the spending will go away from the Blue Wall due to the tax cuts. Both parties know how to Gerrymander a more or less permanent majority as long as migration is not too great. Massive losses due to the SALT cap will weaken the Blue Wall as far as the eye can see.

<snip>
So Trump and Congress will set a new milestone of an economic negative for our country and that's not counting the proposed new tax cut that will at at least $2 trillion to the National Debt.
tax cuts don't cause debt. spending more than you have does that.

<snip>
I don't understand why leftists are against spending cuts but for taking more of an individuals money so they have spending cuts. hmmmm what kind of fools are these asshats?

<snip>

Tax cuts reduce how much you have, causing more debt

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

<snip>

The latest monthly budget report from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office finds that revenues from federal income taxes were $76 billion higher in the first half of this year, compared with the first half of 2017. That's a 9% jump, even though the lower income tax withholding schedules went into effect in February.

The CBO says the gain "largely reflects increases in wages and salaries."

For the fiscal year as a whole — which started last October — all federal revenues are up by $31 billion. That's a 1.2% in increase over last year, the CBO says.

Income Tax Revenues Are Up 9% As Trump's Pro-Growth Tax Cuts Kick In

<snip>

The latest monthly budget report from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office finds that revenues from federal income taxes were $76 billion higher in the first half of this year, compared with the first half of 2017. That's a 9% jump, even though the lower income tax withholding schedules went into effect in February.

For the fiscal year as a whole — which started last October — all federal revenues are up by $31 billion. That's a 1.2% in increase over last year, the CBO says.

But after the tax cuts effects kicked in, Revenue dropped.
U.S. government revenue drops after tax cuts

<snip>

You article is old and outdated and does not take into account that the first 3 months of the FY the tax cut had not kicked in.

Here is the latest treasury statement though Aug.

Monthly Treasury Statement

Taking the numbers straight from there and doing some simple math this is the result...this is a snip from Excel with the data typed in and Excel doing the math.
The numbers are in millions, but I left the zeros off like the Feds do in their sheet as well.

Feel free to double check my math. Only two months in 2018 are above the same month in 2017, the last one being in April, which set a record due to people like me that sent the government a check to cover our tax burden in 2017 that was left over after payroll deduction. The total from Jan thru Aug for 2018 is $9,726,000,000 less than it was in 2017 Jan thru Aug. This in the middle of a booming economy. This should be a cause for alarm. But partisanship will not allow it to be.

upload_2018-9-17_16-55-48.png

<snip>

It always does, it has after every tax cut since Reagan.

I still think the top tax rate needs to increase to cover the debt. They got enough with the Corporate tax cut and stock appreciation

I say that we stop spending to the tune of 1 trillion dollars. That will immediately bring the deficit to zero.

We can then talk about additional spending cuts to aid in paying off the debt.

<snip>

It always does, it has after every tax cut since Reagan.

You don’t think it’s fair to give it a 12 month cycle to see the true impact?

You have 2 choices...

1. Status quo, increase taxes and continue the accelerating death spiral into the ground.

2. Cut taxes and regulations to super charge the economy, give us a chance to grow our way out of the problem. Yes initially deficits will be higher, but long term we have a fighting chance to balance the budget and pay down the debt.

For you dreamers I'm sorry but the problem has grown so huge fixing it with spending cuts and tax increases is no longer an option. Our only hope is growth.

You have 2 choices...

1. Status quo, increase taxes and continue the accelerating death spiral into the ground.

2. Cut taxes and regulations to super charge the economy, give us a chance to grow our way out of the problem. Yes initially deficits will be higher, but long term we have a fighting chance to balance the budget and pay down the debt.

Need to be careful supercharging the economy, that always leads to a bubble and the boom-bust cycles. Prefer slow and steady with mild recessions.

You have 2 choices...

Need to be careful supercharging the economy, that always leads to a bubble and the boom-bust cycles. Prefer slow and steady with mild recessions.

You won't have any growth if we spiral into the ground slow and steady, its risk taking time brother.

Forum List

Back