The Republican lie about race

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Now is the time to end republican lies that claim blacks need to be republicans because the republican party is the party of racial equality and democrats are racists. Because most of the wites here are racist republicans and refuse to talk about anyhig past slavey so they can fill bandwidth full of excuses about who they didn't own, we will look at some of the political aspects of those 100 years.

1. Republicans and Democrats after the Civil War

It’s true that many of the first Ku Klux Klan members were Democrats. It’s also true that the early Democratic Party opposed civil rights. But there’s more to it.

The Civil War-era GOP wasn’t that into civil rights. They were more interested in punishing the South for seceding, and monopolizing the new black vote.

In any event, by the 1890s, Republicans had begun to
distance themselves from civil rights.

2. Democrats v Republicans on Jim Crow

Segregation and Jim Crow lasted for 100 years after the end of the Civil War.

During this time, African Americans were largely disenfranchised. There was no African-American voting bloc. Neither party pursued civil rights policies — it wasn’t worth their while.

3. President Truman Integrates the Troops: 1948

Black people are still living in segregation under Jim Crow. Nonetheless, African Americans agree to serve in World War II.

At war’s end, President Harry Truman, a Democrat, used an Executive Order to integrate the troops.
(That order was not executed until 1963, however because: racism.)

How Republicans and Democrats switched on civil rights

Now as you continue reading you will see the usual lines republicans here have used to build their disingenuous argument.

Definition of disingenuous

: lacking in candor; also : giving a false appearance of simple frankness

So while we see that may democrats at that time opposed civil rights, what these repubicans wll not say is this:

In fact, a greater percentage of Congressional Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than did Democrats. Support for the Act followed geographic, not party, lines.

Soon after, the Republicans came up with their Southern Strategy — a plan to woo white Southern voters to the party for the 1968 election.

The Kennedy and Johnson administrations had advanced civil rights, largely through national legislation and direct executive actions. So, the Southern Strategy was the opposite — states’ rights and no integration.

As in the Civil War, the concepts of “states’ rights” and “tradition,” were codes for “maintaining white supremacy.”

Starting with Thurmond in 1964, and continuing throughout the Johnson and Nixon administrations, Dixiecrats left the Democrats for the Republicans.

Those Racist Dixiecrats Create Mainstream Republican Policy

By the time they left the Democrats, Dixiecrats Thurmond and Representative (later Senator) Jesse Helms were on the fringes of their party.

But their ideas formed modern GOP’s core platform.

In a campaign ad, Democrat-turned-Republican Jesse Helms said “racial quotas” prevented white people from getting jobs. The lie of racial quotas persists in the GOP’s rejection of affirmative action. Racial quotas are illegal.

So if I am black and know all this, which is why I won't be a republican, what makes these racists think millions of other blacks do not know the same thing? So just exactly who is trying to trick who? What party is trying to get blacks to support policies diametrically opposed to our best interests? The democrats do not believe that blacks can only make it if liberals give us government help. They believe than when you need help, the government should be able to help you. And since I pay hard earned tax money, I do expect more in return than troops stationed overseas while our government pays to help the poor in nations they use the military to blow up whilr paying to create jobs in foreign lands.

So if I am black and know all this, which is why I won't be a republican, what makes these racists think millions of other blacks do not know the same thing? So just exactly who is trying to trick who?
This is the type of question I ask quite often when it comes to politics in general. To me, it's insulting when ideologues think that I/we won't see the obvious when they toss our their bullshit.

This is one of the more insulting tactics the Right uses on this topic: Ignoring what minorities see as pretty fucking obvious, and trying to (1) deny it matters, and/or (2) deflect to the past to avoid discussing it.

The Left has its own house to clean on this whole issue. Until both ends cut the bullshit and make some admissions, we don't move very far on this.

Soon after, the Republicans came up with their Southern Strategy — a plan to woo white Southern voters to the party for the 1968 election.

The Kennedy and Johnson administrations had advanced civil rights, largely through national legislation and direct executive actions. So, the Southern Strategy was the opposite — states’ rights and no integration.....

This is the crux of your argument.

So, what was the policies the GOP pushed to "woo" the Southern White voters?

Top three. As bullet points, save the rhetoric and filler. Just lay it out, nice and quick.

So if I am black and know all this, which is why I won't be a republican, what makes these racists think millions of other blacks do not know the same thing? So just exactly who is trying to trick who?
This is the type of question I ask quite often when it comes to politics in general. To me, it's insulting when ideologues think that I/we won't see the obvious when they toss our their bullshit.

This is one of the more insulting tactics the Right uses on this topic: Ignoring what minorities see as pretty fucking obvious, and trying to (1) deny it matters, and/or (2) deflect to the past to avoid discussing it.

The Left has its own house to clean on this whole issue. Until both ends cut the bullshit and make some admissions, we don't move very far on this.

Sorry, pal.

That's the Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Moderation.

IM2 is a raging racist and yet represents the platform of the Left, pretty well.

NO one of any relevance on the Right is pushing anything like the hate and demand for racial oppression that is found on the Left.

Sorry, pal.

IM2 is a raging racist and yet represents the platform of the Left, pretty well.

NO one of any relevance on the Right is pushing anything like the hate and demand for racial oppression that is found on the Left.
None of that has anything to do with my point.

There are plenty of wingers on both ends here who can bring up legitimate issues, and that's what I responded to.

The rest can be fodder for the standard USMB food fights, but I made specific (and serious) points. As I usually try to.

Now is the time to end republican lies that claim blacks need to be republicans because the republican party is the party of racial equality and democrats are racists. Because most of the wites here are racist republicans and refuse to talk about anyhig past slavey so they can fill bandwidth full of excuses about who they didn't own, we will look at some of the political aspects of those 100 years.

1. Republicans and Democrats after the Civil War

It’s true that many of the first Ku Klux Klan members were Democrats. It’s also true that the early Democratic Party opposed civil rights. But there’s more to it.

The Civil War-era GOP wasn’t that into civil rights. They were more interested in punishing the South for seceding, and monopolizing the new black vote.

In any event, by the 1890s, Republicans had begun to
distance themselves from civil rights.

2. Democrats v Republicans on Jim Crow

Segregation and Jim Crow lasted for 100 years after the end of the Civil War.

During this time, African Americans were largely disenfranchised. There was no African-American voting bloc. Neither party pursued civil rights policies — it wasn’t worth their while.

3. President Truman Integrates the Troops: 1948

Black people are still living in segregation under Jim Crow. Nonetheless, African Americans agree to serve in World War II.

At war’s end, President Harry Truman, a Democrat, used an Executive Order to integrate the troops.
(That order was not executed until 1963, however because: racism.)

How Republicans and Democrats switched on civil rights

Now as you continue reading you will see the usual lines republicans here have used to build their disingenuous argument.

Definition of disingenuous

: lacking in candor; also : giving a false appearance of simple frankness

So while we see that may democrats at that time opposed civil rights, what these repubicans wll not say is this:

In fact, a greater percentage of Congressional Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than did Democrats. Support for the Act followed geographic, not party, lines.

The Kennedy and Johnson administrations had advanced civil rights, largely through national legislation and direct executive actions. So, the Southern Strategy was the opposite — states’ rights and no integration.

As in the Civil War, the concepts of “states’ rights” and “tradition,” were codes for “maintaining white supremacy.”

Starting with Thurmond in 1964, and continuing throughout the Johnson and Nixon administrations, Dixiecrats left the Democrats for the Republicans.

Those Racist Dixiecrats Create Mainstream Republican Policy

By the time they left the Democrats, Dixiecrats Thurmond and Representative (later Senator) Jesse Helms were on the fringes of their party.

But their ideas formed modern GOP’s core platform.

In a campaign ad, Democrat-turned-Republican Jesse Helms said “racial quotas” prevented white people from getting jobs. The lie of racial quotas persists in the GOP’s rejection of affirmative action. Racial quotas are illegal.

So if I am black and know all this, which is why I won't be a republican, what makes these racists think millions of other blacks do not know the same thing? So just exactly who is trying to trick who? What party is trying to get blacks to support policies diametrically opposed to our best interests? The democrats do not believe that blacks can only make it if liberals give us government help. They believe than when you need help, the government should be able to help you. And since I pay hard earned tax money, I do expect more in return than troops stationed overseas while our government pays to help the poor in nations they use the military to blow up whilr paying to create jobs in foreign lands.

100% of the GOP supported The Civil Rights Act, 0% of the DNC did.

Blacks are starting to wake up to the racism and lies of the left. The "Racism of Low Expectations" is the most insidious and harmful of all and it's the modus operandi of the left. "I'm black and I know this" is a lie you tell yourself. You don't know very much at all.

In the current modern era, the left has not pushed racist policies. We as blacks know the history of the democratic party. We were republicans for a long, long time. We did not jus decide to leave the republican party because liberals promised us free shit. There is no both sides here. Republicans are openly race baiting both ways. That's what needs to end.

Last edited:

The Kennedy and Johnson administrations had advanced civil rights, largely through national legislation and direct executive actions. So, the Southern Strategy was the opposite — states’ rights and no integration.....

Top three. As bullet points, save the rhetoric and filler. Just lay it out, nice and quick.

OK. You know what they are and you know what republicans are doing. So don't ask stupid ass questions then claim that because you didn't get the answer you wanted that the policies do not exist.

Sorry, pal.

You accuse me of racism and can't prove it. That's an example of how the racist right does things

In he current modern era, the left has not pushed racist policies. We as blacks know the history of the democratic party. We were republicans for a long, long time. We did not jus decide to leave the republican party because liberals promised us free shit. There is no both sides here. Republicans are openly race baiting both ways. That's what needs to end.
Of course there are two sides here.

The Right has spun for and deflected for policies and actions and behaviors that are/were everything from mildly racist to blatantly racist. And they continue to deny it.

The Left has coddled minorities for generations now, effectively enabling their worst behaviors by constantly lowering standards & expectations, for pure political advantage.

The Right's actions have reflected and enabled what we think of as typical racist behavior. The Left's actions have been more cynical, more of a de facto brand of racism.

And I know, you're not going to agree. I'm not going to just pound my head against a wall here.

OK. You know what they are and you know what republicans are doing. So don't ask stupid ass questions then claim that because you didn't get the answer you wanted that the policies do not exist.

I do know the answers. I've asked this question of libs many times.

There are no such policies.

It is a massive lie.

Sorry, pal.

You accuse me of racism and can't prove it. That's an example of how the racist right does things

You support anti-white discrimination today to make up for past disadvantages of minorities.

That is racism.

jesus.jpg

Sorry, pal.

You support anti-white discrimination today to make up for past disadvantages of minorities.

That is racism.

There is no anti white discrimination to support.

It is a massive lie.

Unfortunately for you it's the truth.

Sorry, pal.

That is racism.

One example has been repeatedly proven to you, and your stonewalling just reveals you to be a DISHONEST racist.

It is a massive lie.

Says the man that still has not listed the policies.

Because he can't.

Because it is a massive lie.

It is a massive lie.

Because he can't.

Coming from a man??? who can't produce the American governments policy of anti white discrimination.

You are behaving just as I predicted.

Sorry, pal.

That is racism.

One example has been repeatedly proven to you, and your stonewalling just reveals you to be a DISHONEST racist.

You were asked to show the government policy of anti white discrimination. You showed no example of that. A Princeton study is not a policy. And a study of 8 Ivy League schools which shows whites were the majority of students does not show a national policy of anti white discrimination. If you think this is the case, then you are extremely dumb. Or just a plain ol white racist piece of lying crap.

It is a massive lie.

Because he can't.

Coming from a man??? who can't produce the American governments policy of anti white discrimination.

You are behaving just as I predicted.

NOpe.

The vast majority of the time I ask libs to back up their claim that the GOP "wooed" racist southerns,

I do not get any real answers, just dodges and deflections like you are doing now.

On rare occasions, some lib is stupid enough to try to back up his shit.

And the best they can come up with is claiming that there were "code words" and that that is what flipped half the nation for generations.

Libs are pathetic.

There are no policies.

That is why you can't answer.

Forum List

Back