The Religion of Peace Strikes Again!

Roudy -

I had guessed that you probably didn't understand the schism between the Sunni and Shia religions, and so it seems to be.

Of course we consider both groups to be Muslim, just as we consider Catholics, Russian Orthotodox and Mormons to all be Christians, but the divide between those three is massive and fundamental.

It is important to grasp that many Shia consider the Sunni to be more their enemy than their ally - as evidenced in the story you post here. If you can't understand that, and I realise you probably can't - you'll never understand much about Islam at all. It's a crucial point to understand.

How can the world expect these animals to treat non Muslims, when they massacre their own like this?

An attack by Sunni Muslims on Shi'ite Muslims is not an attack on "their own", Roudy, as anyone with even a passing interest in the religion would be able to tell you.

Sunni and Shi'ites no more belong to the same church than Catholics and Lutherans do.
Are they not all human being fuck stick? Are they not all Muslims fuck stick? For the most part it's safe to say they are all Iraqis? So yes it's their own, you cowardly terrorist sympathizer!

Neg

Roudy -

I had guessed that you probably didn't understand the schism between the Sunni and Shia religions, and so it seems to be.

Of course we consider both groups to be Muslim, just as we consider Catholics, Russian Orthotodox and Mormons to all be Christians, but the divide between those three is massive and fundamental.

It is important to grasp that many Shia consider the Sunni to be more their enemy than their ally - as evidenced in the story you post here. If you can't understand that, and I realise you probably can't - you'll never understand much about Islam at all. It's a crucial point to understand.
You guessed wrong. You are a mental midget and one of the dumbest posters i have seen. When a reform Israeli Jew kills an Orthodox Israeli Jew, HE IS STILL KILLING ONE OF HIS OWN, you fucking dumb terrorist worshipping moron. I bet you even look as retarded as you sound. Un fucking believable. Ha ha ha!

How can the world expect these animals to treat non Muslims, when they massacre their own like this?

An attack by Sunni Muslims on Shi'ite Muslims is not an attack on "their own", Roudy, as anyone with even a passing interest in the religion would be able to tell you.

Sunni and Shi'ites no more belong to the same church than Catholics and Lutherans do.
Are they not all human being fuck stick? Are they not all Muslims fuck stick? For the most part it's safe to say they are all Iraqis? So yes it's their own, you cowardly terrorist sympathizer!

Neg
It's amazing the lengths this asshole terrorist worshipping scumbag goes to lie about Islam.

Your both right but in different ways, sunnis and Shiites are both Muslims but their like night and day, they don't get along. The Sunnis are all about religion leading while the Shiites are all about government leading. They differ as much as Catholics and Mormons on key issues.

Last edited:
Your both right but in different ways, sunnis and Shiites are both Muslims but their like night and day, they don't get along. The Sunnis are all about religion leading while the Shiites are all about government leading. They differ as much as Catholics and Mormons on key issues.
Sunnis and Shiites have been at each other's throats since they split up about over a thousand years ago. In their minds any deviation from they believe to be the real Islam has to be met with the harshest barbaric response. Which brings us back to what Islam really is. This is the way they react to women not covering themselves properly (throwing acid on their face) or those who convert out of Islam (executed), or stoning of adulterers, etc.

I wasn't disputing that Roudy, i was merely stating that both are Muslim but each one thinks the other is wrong and thats why they kill each other so they don't deem it as killing other Muslims, in other words they used justification to kill their other Muslims the same as they do against Christians and Jews, the differince is that both Sunnis and Shiites will team up to kill Christians and Jews before they continue killing each other.

Maybe this will help with the misunderstanding.

Ashura

BBC News - What is Ashura?

Islamic schism

The killing of Hussein was an event that led to the split in Islam into two main sects - Sunnis and Shias.

In early Islamic history the Shia were a political faction (known as the "party of Ali") that supported Ali, son-in-law of the Prophet Mohammed and the fourth caliph (temporal and spiritual ruler) of the Muslim community.

The great schism between Sunnis and Shias occurred when Imam Ali did not succeed as leader of the Islamic community at the death of the Prophet.

Ali was murdered in AD 661 and his chief opponent Muawiya became caliph.

Caliph Muawiya was later succeeded by his son Yazid, but Ali's son Hussein refused to accept his legitimacy and fighting between the two resulted.

You know about Ashura. It's the "holiday" when Shia muslims carve up their little boys.

Maybe this will help with the misunderstanding.

Ashura

BBC News - What is Ashura?

Islamic schism

The killing of Hussein was an event that led to the split in Islam into two main sects - Sunnis and Shias.

In early Islamic history the Shia were a political faction (known as the "party of Ali") that supported Ali, son-in-law of the Prophet Mohammed and the fourth caliph (temporal and spiritual ruler) of the Muslim community.

The great schism between Sunnis and Shias occurred when Imam Ali did not succeed as leader of the Islamic community at the death of the Prophet.

Ali was murdered in AD 661 and his chief opponent Muawiya became caliph.

Caliph Muawiya was later succeeded by his son Yazid, but Ali's son Hussein refused to accept his legitimacy and fighting between the two resulted.

You know about Ashura. It's the "holiday" when Shia muslims carve up their little boys.
I know what Ashura is I've seen Shiites marching and beating themselves to a bloody pulp. The difference between the two is much less than for example Catholics and Protestants in my opinion. But, Islam and Muslims being totally intolerant to the slightest variation and reacting the only way they know how, like violent savage barbarians to any deviation, we have over a thousand years of massacring each other. Point is if they treat each other like this, how can we reasonably expect them to behave differently towards those of OTHER FAITHS?

I wasn't disputing that Roudy, i was merely stating that both are Muslim but each one thinks the other is wrong and thats why they kill each other so they don't deem it as killing other Muslims, in other words they used justification to kill their other Muslims the same as they do against Christians and Jews, the differince is that both Sunnis and Shiites will team up to kill Christians and Jews before they continue killing each other.
Well put. First the Saturday people, then the Sunday people, and then the Shiite apostates.

Exactly.

I have a Baptist friend who often tells me Catholics aren't Christians, and many Sunni say the same about Shia.

It doesn't matter what we think - it matters what they think.

Iraq hit by wave of terror attacks against Shia - Telegraph

Iraq hit by wave of terror attacks against Shia

More than 70 people were killed yesterday as suspected Sunni insurgents bent on dragging Iraq into renewed sectarian turmoil unleashed a wave of terror attacks against Shia pilgrims. The attacks, the second deadliest since the withdrawal of American troops last December, came as the Shia faithful gathered to commemorate the festival of Moussa al-Khadim, a great-grandson of the Prophet Mohammed and one of their most revered Imams.

The insurgents launched their attacks with apparent ease, despite heightened security, striking as early as 5am with a bomb that struck a procession in the town of Taji, north of Baghdad, killing seven people.

But it was the capital city, as so often before, that bore the brunt of the violence, suffering ten bombings that killed at least 21 people. One struck a Shia mosque, while a second was detonated by a refreshment tent in the Khadimiya mosque as pilgrims stopped for breakfast in the baking heat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's wrong to describe human beings, however abhorrent their acts, as animals. A human being remains a human being, even if he or she commits inhuman acts of barbarism.

'Cause both are human and we're all pink on the inside? :dunno:

Yes, I agree.

I think one of the wonderful things about travel is also realising how similar people are all over the world, regardless of nationality, skin colour or religion.

When one realises this, the whole idea of racism and prejudice based on those factors becomes absurd.

The irony on this thread being that the person here complaining about religious prejudice and violence is probably the most prejudiced on the forum.

The idea that everybody around the world is similar is fairly ludicrous. But what I would expect from somebody like you.

I'd have to disagree here, as both camps see themselves as muslims and will ally themselves together against israel, the US, etc. Amongst themselves they might fight, but against outsiders they unify rather easily.

Yes - but Catholics, Russian Orthodox and Mormons all consider themselves Christians - while also regarding the others as being apostates, no?

It simply is not as black and white as being "one religion".

How stupid are you?

Roman Catholics and Orthodox are actually fairly close. The theological differences are fairly minor and both Churches regard each other's sacraments as valid. That is completely different with Mormonism, which most Christians wouldn't consider Christian at all.

I am well aware of the differences between Sunnis and Shiites.

Then you aware that the difference is not "practically nothing".

And you aware that they are no more the same religion than Russian Orthdox and Catholicism are the same religion.

Orthodox and Catholics do share the same religion. They just belong to different Churches. You really are an idiot.

This is not correct at all.

I'd have to disagree here, as both camps see themselves as muslims and will ally themselves together against israel, the US, etc. Amongst themselves they might fight, but against outsiders they unify rather easily.

Yes - but Catholics, Russian Orthodox and Mormons all consider themselves Christians - while also regarding the others as being apostates, no?

It simply is not as black and white as being "one religion".

How stupid are you?

Roman Catholics and Orthodox are actually fairly close. The theological differences are fairly minor and both Churches regard each other's sacraments as valid. That is completely different with Mormonism, which most Christians wouldn't consider Christian at all.
How stupid is Saigoon? Incredibly. But it lies and distorts to hide its stupidity and ignorance. All of this is an attempt to divert from the main topic of this thread being, how easily Muslims can massacre their own, over and over in the hundreds if not thousands. And it's not only the Sunni vs Shia conflict. Muslim Sunni terrorist groups are blowing up fellow Sunnis all over the Muslim world just as easily.

Iraq hit by wave of terror attacks against Shia - Telegraph

Iraq hit by wave of terror attacks against Shia

More than 70 people were killed yesterday as suspected Sunni insurgents bent on dragging Iraq into renewed sectarian turmoil unleashed a wave of terror attacks against Shia pilgrims. The attacks, the second deadliest since the withdrawal of American troops last December, came as the Shia faithful gathered to commemorate the festival of Moussa al-Khadim, a great-grandson of the Prophet Mohammed and one of their most revered Imams.

The insurgents launched their attacks with apparent ease, despite heightened security, striking as early as 5am with a bomb that struck a procession in the town of Taji, north of Baghdad, killing seven people.

But it was the capital city, as so often before, that bore the brunt of the violence, suffering ten bombings that killed at least 21 people. One struck a Shia mosque, while a second was detonated by a refreshment tent in the Khadimiya mosque as pilgrims stopped for breakfast in the baking heat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's wrong to describe human beings, however abhorrent their acts, as animals. A human being remains a human being, even if he or she commits inhuman acts of barbarism.
The term animals is often used by non Muslims that have lived among Muslims, and experienced their savagery and barbarism firsthand.

how easily Muslims can massacre their own, over and over in the hundreds if not thousands. .

And here you are repeating the same error again - even when you know it is false.

Again - Sunni and Shia are NOT THE SAME. They only seem the same to you, because you view them all with the same racial hatred, much as Nazis consider all Jews the same.

There are a dozen groups within Islam, some get along well, and some don't. Try and learn that.

I have to say, even from you, it absolutely takes my breath away that you didn't know that there was a thousand years of dispute and suspicion between the Sunni and Shia peoples.

Forum List

Back