The real enemy

PLEASE stop hacking up my posts...hit the 'Quote' button and then reply. Assemble sentences and paragraphs, but stop chopping up what I say and post.
No. Deal with it.
What President Kennedy said is not at odds with what I believe or what Obama believes or what Democrats believe. It is only at odds with your right wing definitions of liberalism.
Wrong.
I do not favor large-scale Federal bureaucracies. Let's start by shutting down Fatherland Security. Turn off the lights and close the doors, it is a HUGE waste of tax dollars. And, I do not favor state compulsion when voluntary individual effort can do the job and do it well.
If you vote for Democrats, you do indeed favor large-scale Federal bureaucracies.
But we as citizens need to be able to identify when individual effort can NOT do the job and do it well and when government needs to step in and when they need to back off. That is what adults are able to do. I never hear a hint of that adult thinking from any of you far right wing ideologues, you are unable to make those distinctions.
Government doesn't back off after it's stepped in. Even a very basic understanding of history shows this.
Health care is the PERFECT example. But you right wing ideologues can't see the built in conflict of interest in for profit health insurance. Or understand that insurance cartels are not in the business of health or care. They are in the profit business. And the best way to increase profit is to collect years of premiums and then deny paying for expensive, life saving treatment. The consumer cannot just walk away and take their business elsewhere, because the consumer's stake in the transaction is their LIFE.
The consumer needs to read the fine print when they sign a contract. You want the government to hold everyone's hand.
Here are words John F. Kennedy would wholly endorse and be very comfortable delivering:

"The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works, whether it helps families find jobs at a decent wage, care they can afford, a retirement that is dignified.

Where the answer is yes, we intend to move forward. Where the answer is no, programs will end.

And those of us who manage the public's dollars will be held to account, to spend wisely, reform bad habits, and do our business in the light of day, because only then can we restore the vital trust between a people and their government.

Nor is the question before us whether the market is a force for good or ill. Its power to generate wealth and expand freedom is unmatched.

But this crisis has reminded us that without a watchful eye, the market can spin out of control. The nation cannot prosper long when it favors only the prosperous.

The success of our economy has always depended not just on the size of our gross domestic product, but on the reach of our prosperity; on the ability to extend opportunity to every willing heart -- not out of charity, but because it is the surest route to our common good."

More
Obama is not JFK. You're delusional.

President Obama will be a two term president, and you 'Conservatives' will continue to beat your gums, choosing ever more wingnut candidates, until either the core of the GOP rejects you, or a third party takes the place of the GOP.

PLEASE stop hacking up my posts...hit the 'Quote' button and then reply. Assemble sentences and paragraphs, but stop chopping up what I say and post.
No. Deal with it.
What President Kennedy said is not at odds with what I believe or what Obama believes or what Democrats believe. It is only at odds with your right wing definitions of liberalism.
Wrong.

If you vote for Democrats, you do indeed favor large-scale Federal bureaucracies.

Government doesn't back off after it's stepped in. Even a very basic understanding of history shows this.
Health care is the PERFECT example. But you right wing ideologues can't see the built in conflict of interest in for profit health insurance. Or understand that insurance cartels are not in the business of health or care. They are in the profit business. And the best way to increase profit is to collect years of premiums and then deny paying for expensive, life saving treatment. The consumer cannot just walk away and take their business elsewhere, because the consumer's stake in the transaction is their LIFE.
The consumer needs to read the fine print when they sign a contract. You want the government to hold everyone's hand.
Here are words John F. Kennedy would wholly endorse and be very comfortable delivering:

"The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works, whether it helps families find jobs at a decent wage, care they can afford, a retirement that is dignified.

Where the answer is yes, we intend to move forward. Where the answer is no, programs will end.

And those of us who manage the public's dollars will be held to account, to spend wisely, reform bad habits, and do our business in the light of day, because only then can we restore the vital trust between a people and their government.

Nor is the question before us whether the market is a force for good or ill. Its power to generate wealth and expand freedom is unmatched.

But this crisis has reminded us that without a watchful eye, the market can spin out of control. The nation cannot prosper long when it favors only the prosperous.

The success of our economy has always depended not just on the size of our gross domestic product, but on the reach of our prosperity; on the ability to extend opportunity to every willing heart -- not out of charity, but because it is the surest route to our common good."

More
Obama is not JFK. You're delusional.

We are done...best of luck to you...you will need it.

President Obama will be a two term president, and you 'Conservatives' will continue to beat your gums, choosing ever more wingnut candidates, until either the core of the GOP rejects you, or a third party takes the place of the GOP.

hopefully that 3rd Party will replace the Democrats too....

hopefully that 3rd Party will replace the Democrats too....

ONE can only hope. Both parties are in trouble. Neither wishes to admit it.

Forum List

Back