The Reagan Administration sold COCAINE To Support the Contras in Nicaragua

51urmrnxkXL._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

In 1996, Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist GARY WEBB (1955–2004) wrote a shocking series of articles for the San Jose Mercury News exposing the CIA’s link to Nicaraguan cocaine smuggled into the US by the Contras, which had fueled the widespread crack epidemic that swept through urban areas. Webb’s bold, controversial reporting was the target of a famously vicious media backlash that ended his career as a mainstream journalist. When Webb persisted with his research and compiled his findings in the bookDark Alliance, some of the same publications that had vilified Webb for his series retracted their criticism and praised him for having the courage to tell the truth about one of the worst official abuses in our nation’s history. Others, including his own former newspaper and the New York Times, continued to treat him like an outlaw for the brilliant and courageous work he’d done. Webb’s death on December 10, 2004, at the age of 49, was determined to be a suicide.

The National Security Archive obtained the hand-written notebooks of Oliver North, the National Security Council aide who helped run the contra war and other Reagan administration covert operations, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed in 1989. The notebooks, as well as declassified memos sent to North, record that North was repeatedly informed of contra ties to drug trafficking."

Whatever. If it took some underhanded shenanigans to produce some deaded Communists, I'm down with that.

FIGHT COMMUNISM ?

YOU STUPID FUCK

ARE YOU AWARE THAT WE ARE VERY VERY CLOSE TO ELECTING ONE COMRADE BERNARD SANDERS AS THE US FIRST COMMUNIST PRIME MINISTER.

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Fuck you, cocksucker and fuck Bernie Sanders with the same rusty AIDS-infected garden rake. You don't speak for me and you don't speak for the American people. Sanders will not be elected and as far as I' care, there only good communist is a dead communist.
Your ilks days are coming to an end in America!! :happy-1:

This is another hit piece by somebody who opposed Ronald Reagans policies. It's not the first and it probably won't be the last. There's no proof, just allegations presented as facts. The left is famous for this kind of shit. Reagans immense popularity and landslide elections drive them crazy and their desperation has driven them to advance a lot of conspiracy theories to try and tear down his legacy. I remember this same story back in the 80s when it was advanced by every left wing kook who had access to the media and nothing was ever substantiated. Just like the "October Surprise" that was investigated repeatedly and turned up nothing. That didn't stop the left from proclaiming it was true though, years after it was debunked. Facts have never stood in their way.
Your no better than an Obama supporter, following him blind no matter what. I can like what Reagan Said but very much disagree with the policy of supporting bad people who are against other bad people, with very bad policy.

I'm sure you against gun running in Benghazi and the overthrow of Libya (which is very similar) but it sounds like it's just because Obama has a D in front of his name.

In 1996, Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist GARY WEBB (1955–2004) wrote a shocking series of articles for the San Jose Mercury News exposing the CIA’s link to Nicaraguan cocaine smuggled into the US by the Contras, which had fueled the widespread crack epidemic that swept through urban areas. Webb’s bold, controversial reporting was the target of a famously vicious media backlash that ended his career as a mainstream journalist. When Webb persisted with his research and compiled his findings in the bookDark Alliance, some of the same publications that had vilified Webb for his series retracted their criticism and praised him for having the courage to tell the truth about one of the worst official abuses in our nation’s history. Others, including his own former newspaper and the New York Times, continued to treat him like an outlaw for the brilliant and courageous work he’d done. Webb’s death on December 10, 2004, at the age of 49, was determined to be a suicide.

The National Security Archive obtained the hand-written notebooks of Oliver North, the National Security Council aide who helped run the contra war and other Reagan administration covert operations, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed in 1989. The notebooks, as well as declassified memos sent to North, record that North was repeatedly informed of contra ties to drug trafficking."

Whatever. If it took some underhanded shenanigans to produce some deaded Communists, I'm down with that.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's like fucking to save virginity. You are confused.

You are the one posting in large font. Being loud doesn't necessarily make a dumbfuck like yourself right. That just makes him loud and obnoxious.

This is another hit piece by somebody who opposed Ronald Reagans policies. It's not the first and it probably won't be the last. There's no proof, just allegations presented as facts. The left is famous for this kind of shit. Reagans immense popularity and landslide elections drive them crazy and their desperation has driven them to advance a lot of conspiracy theories to try and tear down his legacy. I remember this same story back in the 80s when it was advanced by every left wing kook who had access to the media and nothing was ever substantiated. Just like the "October Surprise" that was investigated repeatedly and turned up nothing. That didn't stop the left from proclaiming it was true though, years after it was debunked. Facts have never stood in their way.
Your no better than an Obama supporter, following him blind no matter what. I can like what Reagan Said but very much disagree with the policy of supporting bad people who are against other bad people, with very bad policy.

I'm sure you against gun running in Benghazi and the overthrow of Libya (which is very similar) but it sounds like it's just because Obama has a D in front of his name.
Your problem is (besides being a phony) that you don't understand the difference between selling weapons to somebody who is helping us and selling weapons to somebody who is using them to kill us. And don't give me that shit about not being a liberal, I'm not stupid.

FIGHT COMMUNISM ?

YOU STUPID FUCK

ARE YOU AWARE THAT WE ARE VERY VERY CLOSE TO ELECTING ONE COMRADE BERNARD SANDERS AS THE US FIRST COMMUNIST PRIME MINISTER.

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Fuck you, cocksucker and fuck Bernie Sanders with the same rusty AIDS-infected garden rake. You don't speak for me and you don't speak for the American people. Sanders will not be elected and as far as I' care, there only good communist is a dead communist.

How so? We are the one who's armed to the teeth. You fuckers are afraid of firearms.

So how's that supposed to work out for you? Are you going to rely on your government to save you?

Last edited:

Your problem is (besides being a phony) that you don't understand the difference between selling weapons to somebody who is helping us and selling weapons to somebody who is using them to kill us. And don't give me that shit about not being a liberal, I'm not stupid.
Ha I'm not at all, unless you're saying I'm a Jeffersonian liberal, then yes I am. And It was Reagan who supported bin laden and the Taliban when ussr was in Afghanistan. That's someone id say who hurt us pretty bad right?

FIGHT COMMUNISM ?

YOU STUPID FUCK

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

How so? We are the one who's armed to the teeth. You fuckers are afraid of firearms.

So how's that supposed to work out for you? Are you going to rely on your government to save you?
We are armed to the teeth, problem is NATO countries who are (by treaty) supposed to be as well find it easier and cheaper to rely on our military power, rather than their own. Yea we might have the most tech advanced military...but china and Russia are pretty tech savvy themselves, and have larger militaries than us, and are also practicing military drills together. Whose going to be able to come to our aid if it turns out we need it?

FIGHT COMMUNISM ?

YOU STUPID FUCK

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

We are armed to the teeth, problem is NATO countries who are (by treaty) supposed to be as well find it easier and cheaper to rely on our military power, rather than their own. Yea we might have the most tech advanced military...but china and Russia are pretty tech savvy themselves, and have larger militaries than us, and are also practicing military drills together. Whose going to be able to come to our aid if it turns out we need it?

Armed Americans. We have tons of guns and we know how to use them. Any weaponry we don't have, can be taken away from our adversaries and used against them.

No they didn't. You might want to check and triple check your information with legitimate sources, such as archives, etc.
The Reagan Administration sold weapons to Iran in violation of Federal law to fund the Contras, that it might have sold illegal drugs as well isn't hard to believe.

This is something conservatives want desperately to go away. Ronald Reagan was the most corrupt individual to ever hold high office and should have spent the rest of his life in prison for high crimes and treason.

He in essence wiped his ass with the Constitution re Iran/Contra when he went behind Congress' back to sell arms to Iran. 138 of Reagan's administration were indicted and/or convicted of crimes.

The fact that he sold drugs as well should be of no surprise to anyone. He was the 1980s Al Capone.

FIGHT COMMUNISM ?

YOU STUPID FUCK

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Armed Americans. We have tons of guns and we know how to use them. Any weaponry we don't have, can be taken away from our adversaries and used against them.
I can agree with Americans being armed it's going to be hard to invade American homeland much like Germany didn't even bother with Switzerland, but how would Americans stop carriers, ballistic missiles, and airstrikes. War with russia and China (pray to god it doesn't happen) is at best a bloody bloody stalemate. I think we can agree that stronger allies not dependent on us is a better deterrent than a population that is only 40% armed

The Reagan Administration sold weapons to Iran in violation of Federal law to fund the Contras, that it might have sold illegal drugs as well isn't hard to believe.

Correction, Israel sold weapons to Iran and Reagan replaced them.

I can agree with Americans being armed it's going to be hard to invade American homeland much like Germany didn't even bother with Switzerland, but how would Americans stop carriers, ballistic missiles, and airstrikes. War with russia and China (pray to god it doesn't happen) is at best a bloody bloody stalemate. I think we can agree that stronger allies not dependent on us is a better deterrent than a population that is only 40% armed

Shoot the fuckers down with captured ground to air missiles, and wear them out with improvised explosive devices made out of their own stuff we take away from them. With all those troops coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan, we shouldn't have a shortage of manpower.

Yes, and Ronnie couldn't recall. I'm trying to figure out why you are bringing this up now. I mean many of us remember this.

Wait until you get to the CIA/ opium trade and support of the mujahideen.

Ronnie didn't recall. Neither did Slick Willie Clinton.

FROM THE WASHINGTON TIMES: In the portions of President Clinton's Jan. 17 deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.

I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
I don't have any specific recollection - 6
I have no recollection - 4
Not to my knowledge - 4
I just don't remember - 4
I don't believe - 4
I have no specific recollection - 3
I might have - 3
I don't have any recollection of that - 2 I don't have a specific memory - 2
I don't have any memory of that - 2
I just can't say - 2
I have no direct knowledge of that - 2
I don't have any idea - 2
Not that I recall - 2
I don't believe I did - 2
I can't remember - 2
I can't say - 2
I do not remember doing so - 2
Not that I remember - 2
I'm not aware - 1
I honestly don't know - 1
I don't believe that I did - 1
I'm fairly sure - 1
I have no other recollection - 1
I'm not positive - 1
I certainly don't think so - 1
I don't really remember - 1
I would have no way of remembering that - 1
That's what I believe happened - 1
To my knowledge, no - 1
To the best of my knowledge - 1
To the best of my memory - 1
I honestly don't recall - 1
I honestly don't remember - 1
That's all I know - 1
I don't have an independent recollection of that - 1
I don't actually have an independent memory of that - 1
As far as I know - 1
I don't believe I ever did that - 1
That's all I know about that - 1
I'm just not sure - 1
Nothing that I remember - 1
I simply don't know - 1
I would have no idea - 1
I don't know anything about that - 1
I don't have any direct knowledge of that - 1
I just don't know - 1
I really don't know - 1
I can't deny that, I just -- I have no memory of that at all - 1

This is something conservatives want desperately to go away. Ronald Reagan was the most corrupt individual to ever hold high office and should have spent the rest of his life in prison for high crimes and treason.

He in essence wiped his ass with the Constitution re Iran/Contra when he went behind Congress' back to sell arms to Iran. 138 of Reagan's administration were indicted and/or convicted of crimes.

The fact that he sold drugs as well should be of no surprise to anyone. He was the 1980s Al Capone.
No Reagan was by far not the most corrupt to hold high office. There were other contras before and after Reagan. That was bad sure, but we have seen much much worse. FDR and Wilson both had concentration camps...those were pretty bad, especially since it was done to our own citizens.

What a coinkidink! I just watched a movie about that this morning.

Yes, and Ronnie couldn't recall. I'm trying to figure out why you are bringing this up now. I mean many of us remember this.

FROM THE WASHINGTON TIMES: In the portions of President Clinton's Jan. 17 deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.

I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
Not to my knowledge - 4
I don't believe - 4
I might have - 3
I just can't say - 2
Not that I recall - 2
I can't remember - 2
I can't say - 2
Not that I remember - 2
I'm not aware - 1
I'm fairly sure - 1
I'm not positive - 1
To my knowledge, no - 1
That's all I know - 1
As far as I know - 1
I'm just not sure - 1
I simply don't know - 1
I would have no idea - 1
I just don't know - 1
I really don't know - 1

Did you have a point? Or is this an attempt to deflect from Reagan?

I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
Not to my knowledge - 4
I don't believe - 4
I might have - 3
I just can't say - 2
Not that I recall - 2
I can't remember - 2
I can't say - 2
Not that I remember - 2
I'm not aware - 1
I'm fairly sure - 1
I'm not positive - 1
To my knowledge, no - 1
That's all I know - 1
As far as I know - 1
I'm just not sure - 1
I simply don't know - 1
I would have no idea - 1
I just don't know - 1
I really don't know - 1

Did you have a point? Or is this an attempt to deflect from Reagan?

Deflect??!! Too tall would never deflect. Never.

Shoot the fuckers down with captured ground to air missiles, and wear them out with improvised explosive devices made out of their own stuff we take away from them. With all those troops coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan, we shouldn't have a shortage of manpower.
That's a lot harder than a legitimate 2nd theater of war concern coming from NATO countries in Europe, currently it's a bug that they could swat away, and give us a 2nd theater of war with us having to defend Europe. And china definitely has less of a manpower problem then we do.

Forum List

Back