The Reagan Administration sold COCAINE To Support the Contras in Nicaragua

51urmrnxkXL._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

In 1996, Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist GARY WEBB (1955–2004) wrote a shocking series of articles for the San Jose Mercury News exposing the CIA’s link to Nicaraguan cocaine smuggled into the US by the Contras, which had fueled the widespread crack epidemic that swept through urban areas. Webb’s bold, controversial reporting was the target of a famously vicious media backlash that ended his career as a mainstream journalist. When Webb persisted with his research and compiled his findings in the bookDark Alliance, some of the same publications that had vilified Webb for his series retracted their criticism and praised him for having the courage to tell the truth about one of the worst official abuses in our nation’s history. Others, including his own former newspaper and the New York Times, continued to treat him like an outlaw for the brilliant and courageous work he’d done. Webb’s death on December 10, 2004, at the age of 49, was determined to be a suicide.

The National Security Archive obtained the hand-written notebooks of Oliver North, the National Security Council aide who helped run the contra war and other Reagan administration covert operations, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed in 1989. The notebooks, as well as declassified memos sent to North, record that North was repeatedly informed of contra ties to drug trafficking."

Whatever. If it took some underhanded shenanigans to produce some deaded Communists, I'm down with that.

FIGHT COMMUNISM ?

YOU STUPID FUCK

ARE YOU AWARE THAT WE ARE VERY VERY CLOSE TO ELECTING ONE COMRADE BERNARD SANDERS AS THE US FIRST COMMUNIST PRIME MINISTER.

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Yeah, the US doesn't have a Prime Minister. Wake The Fuck Up!

NOT YET FUCKTARD. BERNARD IS ABOUT TO CHANGE ALL THAT.

I KNOW THAT TO YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS COMMUNISM IS JUST A FASHION STATEMENT.

In 1996, Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist GARY WEBB (1955–2004) wrote a shocking series of articles for the San Jose Mercury News exposing the CIA’s link to Nicaraguan cocaine smuggled into the US by the Contras, which had fueled the widespread crack epidemic that swept through urban areas. Webb’s bold, controversial reporting was the target of a famously vicious media backlash that ended his career as a mainstream journalist. When Webb persisted with his research and compiled his findings in the bookDark Alliance, some of the same publications that had vilified Webb for his series retracted their criticism and praised him for having the courage to tell the truth about one of the worst official abuses in our nation’s history. Others, including his own former newspaper and the New York Times, continued to treat him like an outlaw for the brilliant and courageous work he’d done. Webb’s death on December 10, 2004, at the age of 49, was determined to be a suicide.

The National Security Archive obtained the hand-written notebooks of Oliver North, the National Security Council aide who helped run the contra war and other Reagan administration covert operations, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed in 1989. The notebooks, as well as declassified memos sent to North, record that North was repeatedly informed of contra ties to drug trafficking."

Whatever. If it took some underhanded shenanigans to produce some deaded Communists, I'm down with that.

FIGHT COMMUNISM ?

YOU STUPID FUCK

ARE YOU AWARE THAT WE ARE VERY VERY CLOSE TO ELECTING ONE COMRADE BERNARD SANDERS AS THE US FIRST COMMUNIST PRIME MINISTER.

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Yeah, the US doesn't have a Prime Minister. Wake The Fuck Up!

NOT YET FUCKTARD. BERNARD IS ABOUT TO CHANGE ALL THAT.

I KNOW THAT TO YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS COMMUNISM IS JUST A FASHION STATEMENT.

Lighten up. I am not a communist or a Sanders supporters so you can save the big font and bold letters for someone else.

Yes, and Ronnie couldn't recall. I'm trying to figure out why you are bringing this up now. I mean many of us remember this.

Wait until you get to the CIA/ opium trade and support of the mujahideen.

Ronnie didn't recall. Neither did Slick Willie Clinton.

FROM THE WASHINGTON TIMES: In the portions of President Clinton's Jan. 17 deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.

I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
I don't have any specific recollection - 6
I have no recollection - 4
Not to my knowledge - 4
I just don't remember - 4
I don't believe - 4
I have no specific recollection - 3
I might have - 3
I don't have any recollection of that - 2 I don't have a specific memory - 2
I don't have any memory of that - 2
I just can't say - 2
I have no direct knowledge of that - 2
I don't have any idea - 2
Not that I recall - 2
I don't believe I did - 2
I can't remember - 2
I can't say - 2
I do not remember doing so - 2
Not that I remember - 2
I'm not aware - 1
I honestly don't know - 1
I don't believe that I did - 1
I'm fairly sure - 1
I have no other recollection - 1
I'm not positive - 1
I certainly don't think so - 1
I don't really remember - 1
I would have no way of remembering that - 1
That's what I believe happened - 1
To my knowledge, no - 1
To the best of my knowledge - 1
To the best of my memory - 1
I honestly don't recall - 1
I honestly don't remember - 1
That's all I know - 1
I don't have an independent recollection of that - 1
I don't actually have an independent memory of that - 1
As far as I know - 1
I don't believe I ever did that - 1
That's all I know about that - 1
I'm just not sure - 1
Nothing that I remember - 1
I simply don't know - 1
I would have no idea - 1
I don't know anything about that - 1
I don't have any direct knowledge of that - 1
I just don't know - 1
I really don't know - 1
I can't deny that, I just -- I have no memory of that at all - 1

Did you have a point? Or is this an attempt to deflect from Reagan?

Deflect??!! Too tall would never deflect. Never.

Reagan was never asked any questions under oath. Just pointing out that Clinton had a considerably worse memory than Reagan, or he was a lying sack of dog squeeze. Which choice do you make?

Reagan was never asked any questions under oath.
More importantly, Reagan never asked any questions, and was incurious about what was going on in his administration. That wasn't the role his handlers had for him. Maybe that's why there were over 30 convictions of Reagan administration officials. A bunch of criminals.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's like fucking to save virginity. You are confused.

You are the one posting in large font. Being loud doesn't necessarily make a dumbfuck like yourself right. That just makes him loud and obnoxious.

IF I AM WRONG ATTEMPT TO REBUT AND OR REFUTE MY ALLEGATIONS.

This is another hit piece by somebody who opposed Ronald Reagans policies. It's not the first and it probably won't be the last. There's no proof, just allegations presented as facts. The left is famous for this kind of shit. Reagans immense popularity and landslide elections drive them crazy and their desperation has driven them to advance a lot of conspiracy theories to try and tear down his legacy. I remember this same story back in the 80s when it was advanced by every left wing kook who had access to the media and nothing was ever substantiated. Just like the "October Surprise" that was investigated repeatedly and turned up nothing. That didn't stop the left from proclaiming it was true though, years after it was debunked. Facts have never stood in their way.
Your no better than an Obama supporter, following him blind no matter what. I can like what Reagan Said but very much disagree with the policy of supporting bad people who are against other bad people, with very bad policy.

I'm sure you against gun running in Benghazi and the overthrow of Libya (which is very similar) but it sounds like it's just because Obama has a D in front of his name.
Your problem is (besides being a phony) that you don't understand the difference between selling weapons to somebody who is helping us and selling weapons to somebody who is using them to kill us. And don't give me that shit about not being a liberal, I'm not stupid.

PRAVDA, AKA , THE NEW YORK TIMES' CHARACTER ASSASSINATION

http://www.thenation.com/article/new-york-times-wants-gary-webb-stay-dead/
‘The New York Times’ Wants Gary Webb to Stay Dead

The allegations were not new. Earlier, in the 1980s, Robert Parry and Brian Barger reported on the story for AP, which was picked up by then freshman Senator John Kerry, who in 1988 released an extensively documented committee report showing the ways the Contras, backed by Ronald Reagan’s White House, were turning Central America into a transshipment point for Colombian cocaine, using the drug revenue to fund their war on the Sandinistas. Webb’s report specifically looked at what happened to cocaine once it entered the United States.

Rather than follow up on Webb’s findings—and on Kerry’s and Parry’s earlier investigation—The New York Times, The Washington Post and, especially, the Los Angeles Times went after Webb, destroying his reputation and driving him out of the profession and into a suicidal depression.

This is another hit piece by somebody who opposed Ronald Reagans policies. It's not the first and it probably won't be the last. There's no proof, just allegations presented as facts. The left is famous for this kind of shit. Reagans immense popularity and landslide elections drive them crazy and their desperation has driven them to advance a lot of conspiracy theories to try and tear down his legacy. I remember this same story back in the 80s when it was advanced by every left wing kook who had access to the media and nothing was ever substantiated. Just like the "October Surprise" that was investigated repeatedly and turned up nothing. That didn't stop the left from proclaiming it was true though, years after it was debunked. Facts have never stood in their way.
Your no better than an Obama supporter, following him blind no matter what. I can like what Reagan Said but very much disagree with the policy of supporting bad people who are against other bad people, with very bad policy.

I'm sure you against gun running in Benghazi and the overthrow of Libya (which is very similar) but it sounds like it's just because Obama has a D in front of his name.
Your problem is (besides being a phony) that you don't understand the difference between selling weapons to somebody who is helping us and selling weapons to somebody who is using them to kill us. And don't give me that shit about not being a liberal, I'm not stupid.

The allegations were not new. Earlier, in the 1980s, Robert Parry and Brian Barger reported on the story for AP, which was picked up by then freshman Senator John Kerry, who in 1988 released an extensively documented committee report showing the ways the Contras, backed by Ronald Reagan’s White House, were turning Central America into a transshipment point for Colombian cocaine, using the drug revenue to fund their war on the Sandinistas. Webb’s report specifically looked at what happened to cocaine once it entered the United States.

Rather than follow up on Webb’s findings—and on Kerry’s and Parry’s earlier investigation—The New York Times, The Washington Post and, especially, the Los Angeles Times went after Webb, destroying his reputation and driving him out of the profession and into a suicidal depression.
Using John Kerry, a known slandering liar, to make your case doesn't do much for your credibility. Your thread is bullshit. You have no proof, no evidence, just baseless allegations that have been tried before and failed. The msm hated Reagan and that includes the NYT. If there was any proof of any kind they would have been all over it and so would the Democratic Congress. Even if what you're trying to sell here was true, they would all pale in comparison to the crimes of the Obama Administration.

HUH?

THE SANDINISTAS WERE KILLING AMERICANS?

>

HUH?

THE SANDINISTAS WERE KILLING AMERICANS?

>
No, stupid, the Mexican drug dealers Eric Holder sold weapons to and Al Qaeda in the M.E.

Ha I'm not at all, unless you're saying I'm a Jeffersonian liberal, then yes I am. And It was Reagan who supported bin laden and the Taliban when ussr was in Afghanistan. That's someone id say who hurt us pretty bad right?

THAT'S A BIG 10/4. A BIG BLOWBACK.

Using John Kerry, a known slandering liar, to make your case doesn't do much for your credibility. Your thread is bullshit. You have no proof, no evidence, just baseless allegations that have been tried before and failed. The msm hated Reagan and that includes the NYT. If there was any proof of any kind they would have been all over it and so would the Democratic Congress. Even if what you're trying to sell here was true, they would all pale in comparison to the crimes of the Obama Administration.
So the government can know know when your milk is going to spoil, when your bowel movements for the week are going to be, and when your pregnant all before you know it with very high probability....but they just can't seem to stop, or severely push back the drug trade in America? In fact it just keeps growing. Why is that? Some war on drugs we're waging.

So the Reagan administration and all the preceding and thereafter sold drugs to the junkies, pot heads, cocaine freaks to fund black ops? Not so dumb were they, that is capitalizing on the weakness of the very people that despised them. Who gives a shit!

So the Reagan administration and all the preceding and thereafter sold drugs to the junkies, pot heads, cocaine freaks to fund black ops? Not so dumb were they, that is capitalizing on the weakness of the very people that despised them. Who gives a shit!

YOU SHOULD IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE US CONSTITUTION.

IT IS VERY SHITTY FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO SELL YOU CRACK AND THEN LOCKING UP WHEN YOU BUY IT.

THAT IS CALLED .ENTRAPMENT

The Black Ops was helping a dictator hold power against free and transparent elections.

Reagan was an enemy of democracy and an enemy to Israel.

The Black Ops was helping a dictator hold power against free and transparent elections.

Reagan was an enemy of democracy and an enemy to Israel.
Yea sure he was.
Amazing that Leftards just make up shit and expect anyone to believe it.

Forum List

Back