The Rape of Iraq's oil.

Your enviro wacko traits are coming to the surface. Yes, evil corporations want to poion the air and water, kill millions of their customers all for the bottom line profiit

If corporate greed adds only ten cents to a gallon of gas - I will take it

We've been through this little bullshit line of yours one page ago. I never made the statement that it is the intent of industry to poison or destroy anything. I will state again, it is my opinion based on observation that they really just don't care whether they do or don't so long as they make their profit.

There's nothing enviro-whacko about that. I hold the exact same opinion of Southeast Asian sweatshops. The environment just happens to be the casualty of the topic we are discussing.

And it appears you are right in line with those who only care about bottom-line profit, as indicated by your continually trying to support your argument with it.

We've been through this little bullshit line of yours one page ago. I never made the statement that it is the intent of industry to poison or destroy anything. I will state again, it is my opinion based on observation that they really just don't care whether they do or don't so long as they make their profit.

There's nothing enviro-whacko about that. I hold the exact same opinion of Southeast Asian sweatshops. The environment just happens to be the casualty of the topic we are discussing.

And it appears you are right in line with those who only care about bottom-line profit, as indicated by your continually trying to support your argument with it.

You seem to be saying oil companies go out of their way to poison the air and water. I am saying they don't

You have yet to disprove the ten cent profit oil companies make, as well as the 50 cents (or more) government makes

Oil compnaies fuel our economy and fuel of lifestyles. What thanks do they get - contempt and hate

So the answer to is let the government do the work. When their is sufficient demand from the public some company will step forward and fill the demand

As the oil companies improve their technology they are able to tap oil that they could not years ago

Oil companies do alot of work for only a ten cent profit per gallon - yet they are held in contempt

No wonder Exxon's plans for oil drilling is outside the US - why put up with all the bullshit?

That's just about as simplistic and ignorant a statement as you've made.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8646744

Yeah, I feel REAL sorry for the oil industry. You make it sound as if they're just giving it away.

That's just about as simplistic and ignorant a statement as you've made.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8646744

Yeah, I feel REAL sorry for the oil industry. You make it sound as if they're just giving it away.

From your own source:

Even as their overall profits have soared, major oil companies are earning a relatively modest 8.7 percent profit margin -- the portion of the sale of each barrel that hits the bottom line.

So, will you tell me how the oil companies are gouging at a profit margin around ten cents.

Do you think the government can do better at finding new sources of energy then the free market? Look at Wakter Reed - government run health care.

You seem to be saying oil companies go out of their way to poison the air and water. I am saying they don't

No I don't. That's what you seem to be reading.

You have yet to disprove the ten cent profit oil companies make, as well as the 50 cents (or more) government makes

Probably because I wasn't trying to? I made my point that your trying to put them in the role of victim is BS.

Oil compnaies fuel our economy and fuel of lifestyles. What thanks do they get - contempt and hate

Contempt and/or hate is not required to cal them what they are.

From your own source:

Even as their overall profits have soared, major oil companies are earning a relatively modest 8.7 percent profit margin -- the portion of the sale of each barrel that hits the bottom line.

So, will you tell me how the oil companies are gouging at a profit margin around ten cents.

Do you think the government can do better at finding new sources of energy then the free market? Look at Wakter Reed - government run health care.

SInce I did not state that I think oil companies are "gouging," I'm not going to defend it. I stated they sell at the highest price they possibly can. You are the one who is trying to interject something nefarious into a benign statement of fact.

The government most certainly gives tax shelters and cuts as incentive when it suits it to do so. I really don't care WHO does the research.

I have a real hard time feeling sorry for a guy sitting in a 100 room mansion lamenting the fact he can't have a 200 room mansion because he has to pay taxes.

And that same guy sitting in a 100 room mansion has a hard time feeling sorry for the family sleeping in a car because all the jobs were sent overseas.

And that same guy sitting in a 100 room mansion has a hard time feeling sorry for that overseas worker being used as a slave which is why that guy with the 100 room mansion sent the jobs oversea.

Funny, the only people I know who sit in "100" room mansions (actually most mansions have much fewer than 100 rooms) are trust fund Democrats and polilticians.

But seriously, this class envy demonization is pointless. Being gleeful about the government taking money from someone else inevitably has a boomerang effect.

Funny, the only people I know who sit in "100" room mansions (actually most mansions have much fewer than 100 rooms) are trust fund Democrats and polilticians.

But seriously, this class envy demonization is pointless. Being gleeful about the government taking money from someone else inevitably has a boomerang effect.

Wasn't my point, and the 100 room mansion was just an arbitrary figure to illustrate that point. No class envy. I go to bed at night with a clear conscience without having to delude myself into it.

I'm not gleeful about the government taking ANYONE's money. My entire point is that I reject it as justification attempting to present the oil industry as victims.

Envy is not required to smell bullshit.

It's only fair. If you want to lower the tax rate on the rich then take away their tax shelters and close ALL the tax loopholes. When the playing field is fair and they end up paying taxes on all their income and capital gains, a flat tax rate still doesn't drastically reduce the overall amount of taxes they pay.

Forum List

Back