The Question Talking Heads Never Ask

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Senator Mark Warner graduated valedictorian in HillaryCare II doublespeak. I expect no less from a Democrat making the rounds on talk shows. This is what bugs me the most. Talking heads never nail guys like Warner with the obvious. Move the cursor to 5:15 and you’ll hear Judge Napolitano come close when he brings up the poll that says 70 percent of Americans think America’s greatest problem is big government:

Here’s where Warner and all like him should be pinned down when they doublespeak the ACA. There is one reason 70 percent (actually 72 %) believe that the government is the biggest threat to America’s future:

enhanced-buzz-18930-1387493592-20.jpg

More Americans Than Ever See "Big Government" As The Biggest Threat To The Future Of The U.S

The reason is not NSA spying as some claim. HillaryCare II is solely responsible of that 72% number. That historically high number of distrust for the government is directly tied to the government forcing Americans to purchase good and services. I guarantee that number is going to go close to 90 percent after HillaryCare II is fully implemented.

This is the question talking heads never ask: Where does the government get the authority to force Americans to buy products and services?

Any journalist with an ounce of brains should be prepared for the answer they’ll get. In addition to the “general welfare” horse manure Democrats like Steny Hoyer spread around, big government advocates will point to a wide range of products and services government orders different groups to buy; driver’s licenses, smoke detectors, catalytic converters, landscaping requirements, and so on. Not a one of the standard answers the party of liars is sure to offer can be defined as social engineering affecting EVERY living American as well as generations still to come.

Once the government can force the public to buy anything it is only a matter of time before individual Americans will be forced to buy medical procedures they don’t want, vaccinations, and euthanasia. Before you scoff at my predictions, remember that ALL Americans are now forced to buy abortions from Planned Parenthood. Bottom line: Paying for abortions you oppose is the same as being forced to buy them for strangers. I’d sure like to hear Steny Hoyer relate that to the general welfare.

Let me close with labor unions. A large majority of Americans finally understand that contemporary organized labor means government unions; hence, overall private sector union membership is declining dramatically. Organized labor is at 5 percent in the above graph because labor unions, and everything contemporary unions stand for, were discredited by the realization that the damage public sector unions did to this country far outweighs any good done by private sector unions.

The Wagner Act of 1935, and subsequent legislation, applied only to employees in the private sector, since the federal government could not interfere in state government. The major exception was the emergence starting in the 1920s of unions of public school teachers in the largest cities; they formed the American Federation of Teachers (AFT). In suburbs and small cities, the National Education Association (NEA) became active, but it insisted it was not a labour union but a professional organization.

Change came in the 1950s. In 1958 New York mayor Robert Wagner, Jr. issued an executive order, called "the little Wagner Act," giving city employees certain bargaining rights, and gave their unions with exclusive representation (that is, the unions alone were legally authorized to speak for all city workers, regardless of whether or some workers were members.) The first U.S. state to permit collective bargaining by public employees was Wisconsin, in 1959. Collective bargaining is now permitted in three fourths of U.S. states. By the 1960s and 1970s public-sector unions expanded rapidly to cover teachers, clerks, firemen, police, prison guards and others. In 1962, President John Kennedy issued Executive Order 10988, upgrading the status of unions of federal workers.

Talking heads might also ask themselves why the media never blames Democrats for this type of government shutdown taken in the aggregate:

There is no right to strike against the public safety by anybody, anywhere, any time. Calvin Coolidge

Mark Warner was a fantastic Governor and has been a great Senator

To TheOldSchool: He voted for Hillarycare II. If great means lying his way out from under that vote by saying fix the law then he is truly one of the great ones.

In my books opposing bad laws in the first place is a requisite for greatness in a senator.

To TheOldSchool: He voted for Hillarycare II. If great means lying his way out from under that vote by saying fix the law then he is truly one of the great ones.

In my books opposing bad laws in the first place is a requisite for greatness in a senator.

Maybe he'll help fix it and you'll change your mind. We'll have to wait and see what happens in the long run.

Maybe he'll help fix it and you'll change your mind. We'll have to wait and see what happens in the long run.

To TheOldSchool: Not forcing the American to buy something they don’t want is the only way to fix the ACA. In the unlikely event Warner and his fellow Democrats go along with that “fix” there is no Hillarycare II.

To TheOldSchool: You can bet that your guy Warner is in on this fix:

White House Damage Control: Obamacare Repeal Will 'Cost too Much'
by Warner Todd Huston 19 Dec 2013

White House Damage Control: Obamacare Repeal Will 'Cost too Much'

He's a carpetbagging douche.

To Welfare Queen: You have a nice way with words. Succinct and accurate.

Forum List

Back