The Private Sector has the economy it wants.

Correct. There is absolutely no "incentive" on the part of business to self-regulate. If there was no minimum wage or unions, companies would pay the absolute lowest wage. In fact, if it were possible, they would use slaves.

And yet, despite your claim, there are very few people working for federal minimum wage (about 2%) and only about 12% of the (US) work force is unionized.
Your statement is absent of fact and real world practice.

Did I mention that wages have been stagnant for the last 13 or so years?

No..you aren't going to get away with paying a professional minimum wage..but you are going to get away with hiring less professionals, making them work longer hours and not giving them raises or benefits.
And that supports your point about minimum wage, unions and slave labor how?
I supply facts that show your point to be incorrect, so you move the goalposts. Yay you.

And yet, despite your claim, there are very few people working for federal minimum wage (about 2%) and only about 12% of the (US) work force is unionized.
Your statement is absent of fact and real world practice.

No..you aren't going to get away with paying a professional minimum wage..but you are going to get away with hiring less professionals, making them work longer hours and not giving them raises or benefits.
I supply facts that show your point to be incorrect, so you move the goalposts. Yay you.

History supports my point about minimum wage. I didn't move any goalposts.

The current economy in the United States is the economy that "top tier" actually wants. It's a soft or weak labor market, taxes and regulations are low and lax and emerging markets represent the new customer base. There is no incentive that will change this, other then to make the things I listed, worse. More employment means a tighter labor market and greater expense for employers. Most companies believe they have achieved the desirable market share in this country and are moving to "greener" pastures, mainly places like China and India for new opportunities, as disposable income becomes more available. Bear in mind, more income for labor means less income for executives..and that's not something they want.

Thus the only way to make things "better" in this country..in terms of incentives..is to make things worse.

Which is what Conservative candidates are proposing to do.

Cutting regulations will mean more deaths and more meltdowns. Breaking labor will mean cutting wages and benefits for labor. Cutting taxes will skew income upward.

That's the future you get going down this route. It's been historically shown. It's been shown presently in third world nations. And overall top heavy nations really don't innovate, they stagnate.

Good job boys.

:clap2:

Well then, maybe the federal government should force the private sector to make more money. It's absurd argument even from the left.

And the federal minimum wage has increased 3 times in the past 5 years.
You should learn to fact-check yourself.

Sorry?

I've posted in this thread that corporations have moved thier operations offshore. Why, in your mind, are they doing that, eh?

The Private Sector has the economy it wants.

Not ALL the private sector, surely!

No doubt some of it absolutely loves this economy.

A very tiny minority of theprivate sector revels in this economy.

A highly influential one, to be sure, but they are hardly the entire PRIVATE SECTOR.

I'm in the PRIVATE SECTOR and I don't approve it what's going on.

My bad. New startups absolutely hate it. Credit is tight and it's hard to expand.

No sallow, you missed my point entirely.

When we paint the entire private secotor with the same brush we do a disservice to the people in businesses all over the nation who did the right thing, played by the rules, had absolutely NOTHING to do with the problems we face.

THIS is my problem with so many of our so called "leftists" in my opinion.

They're as prejudiced and clueless as most of the right wing trolls who huant this place.

GUILT by association is wrong regardless of what side one takes in the debate.

Not ALL the private sector, surely!

No doubt some of it absolutely loves this economy.

A very tiny minority of theprivate sector revels in this economy.

A highly influential one, to be sure, but they are hardly the entire PRIVATE SECTOR.

I'm in the PRIVATE SECTOR and I don't approve it what's going on.

My bad. New startups absolutely hate it. Credit is tight and it's hard to expand.

No sallow, you missed my point entirely.

When we paint the entire private secotor with the same brush we do a disservice to the people in businesses all over the nation who did the right thing, played by the rules, had absolutely NOTHING to do with the problems we face.

THIS is my problem with so many of our so called "leftists" in my opinion.

They're as prejudiced and clueless as most of the right wing trolls who huant this place.

GUILT by association is wrong regardless of what side one takes in the debate.

Well do us all a service and put up those companies that "played by the rules". Pretty sure many of them "play by the rules" because at some point some regulation got them into compliance.

Sorry?

I've posted in this thread that corporations have moved thier operations offshore. Why, in your mind, are they doing that, eh?

Goalpost move number 2.
I can see I am wasting my time with you.

Sorry?

Goalpost move number 2.
I can see I am wasting my time with you.

No..it isn't moving any "goalposts". And you are "wasting your time" because you are dead wrong. It was my contention that corporations have no interest in paying wages that are "fair". Historically, that seems to be the case and the exact reason minimum wage laws were implemented. And it seems now, to get around those, many firms have moved operations overseas. Apple employs 2/3 of it's work force in other countries. Microsoft has call centers in India, Malaysia and the Philppines.

Perhaps you should know what you are talking about before you get into these threads.

Forum List

Back