“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty"

Obama created the vacuum himself. The GOP know what Obama is up to and they're trying to prevent it. Problem is, you on the left have no clue of the damage Obama has been doing and will be doing to you personally.
Assigning nefarious motives to even the most routine government business is not "knowing what he is up to" it's more like "let's paralyze the government and blame it on the president, the voters are just stupid enough to believe that".
I guess you haven't been watching the news, because you're always tuning into the deflective coverage on the big three networks and CNN. The Obama Administration has been exposed. Jonathon Gruber spilled the beans and admitted to the conspiracy on YouTube. I could give a damn about your opinion. The truth is finally coming out.

I thought rats were suppose to flee the ship, not go down with it.
The networks want nothing to do with this.
That's why they refused to cover it.

Bullshit. They refused to cover it on purpose. They refused to cover it BECAUSE they support Obama. Covering it would be bad for Obama's image and political support.

Yes, YOU are politically aware, but most Americans have the political awareness of a sixth grader. They are more interested in Monday Night Football, the latest Reality TV show and shopping at the mall. If the networks ran this speech informing them of this policy agenda, they would be livid.

So to protect the president, they just keep it out of their world view. This is only presented to those who would SUPPORT a policy such as this.

Now, when they, or their kids can't find jobs, or when the social services are overwhelmed with a flood of new immigrants, they won't have a clue whose fault it is. They will remain ignorant because of the corporate/State controlled media.

Remember, these networks work hand in glove with both the Democrats and the Republicans at the CFR.

You're preaching to the choir.

They know this act is lawless, and it's difficult to say if stories about the Whitehouse being angry at them are true. To be honest, everything you hear in the news should be questioned.

This is a rogue president, and impeachment has got to be put on the table and seriously considered.

Republicans outraged by Obama's plan

Republicans on Capitol Hill began to lash out at President Obama Wednesday after he announced plans to unveil executive actions on immigration in a primetime address Thursday evening.

“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty, here, and in the Senate,” Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) told reporters.

Obama purposely timed the announcement, King said, to coincide with lawmakers leaving Washington Thursday for Thanksgiving recess. King said he’s staying behind in Washington to deal with the issue.
“I decided in an instant, I’m staying,” he said.

King laid out three steps the House could take to respond to Obama, including a resolution of rejection, censuring Obama and defunding the order to prevent its implementation. He stopped short of supporting impeachment.

“I don’t want to go down that path. We have lived through that and it put the nation through a lot of trauma,” he added.
Some Republicans expressed frustration that Obama invited only Senate and House Democrats to dinner Wednesday evening to huddle before the announcement.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said the fact that Republicans were not invited signals that Obama is creating “the beginning of a political campaign” that provokes “partisan warfare” and not a bipartisan agreement.

“Why would you do this on the eve of Thanksgiving, going into holidays, unless you want to create a political fight?" Cole asked. "I mean I’m mystified by the political calculus."
Republicans should have been included in Wednesday’s dinner, said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.).

“I think that’s endemic of how the president has run his office,” she said. “He has been unwilling to reach out to Republicans.”
Bachmann called Obama “cynical” for issuing the order after the midterm elections when so many Democrats faced tight reelection races.

“He chose not to do this before the election because he knew his party would take an absolute drubbing at the polls,” she said. “In all likelihood, Scott Brown would have won his race in New Hampshire. In all likelihood, that would have caused Ed Gillespie to win in Virginia.”

Bachmann and King both support the push to defund Obama’s immigration action through legislation that’s separate from a main government spending bill to avert a full government shutdown.
While Rep. Steve Stivers (R-Ohio) said he’s “bothered when somebody tries to pass laws through executive actions,” he said it’s not worth another government shutdown.

Republicans outraged by Obama s plan TheHill

It's not just Republicans that are outraged but the people are, too. Legislation doesn't happen through Executive Orders. It's time people in America became acquainted with the Constitution and became aware of what each branch does in this country.

I dares ya!
I'd like to see them at least seriously discuss it.
Why, ignoring it helps their rich constituency continue to hire them with tax breaks, low wages, no benefits and immediate disposal when finished...
Good point. The Republican establishment is probably finally exhaling a sigh of relief. Secretly, they don't really give a shit. When Bush was in office, they had a chance to do something, they intentionally did nothing.

Their big corporate interests needed that cheap labor, that is why they did nothing. That is why they will do nothing now but posture, talk tough and do nothing. They are glad this leftist stooge is going to take the fall, it is good for them, they can point the finger of blame and use it to their advantage to tell ignorant bigots that can't find a job that Democrats are to blame when the 2016 presidential elections come around. When in truth, they didn't want anything different done since their corporate big wigs wanted a massive pool of uneducated labor to keep labor costs down.

Bullshit. Public opinion was against it.

I really wonder if you know what the purpose of Congress is in a Republic.

Assigning nefarious motives to even the most routine government business is not "knowing what he is up to" it's more like "let's paralyze the government and blame it on the president, the voters are just stupid enough to believe that".
I guess you haven't been watching the news, because you're always tuning into the deflective coverage on the big three networks and CNN. The Obama Administration has been exposed. Jonathon Gruber spilled the beans and admitted to the conspiracy on YouTube. I could give a damn about your opinion. The truth is finally coming out.

Bullshit. They refused to cover it on purpose. They refused to cover it BECAUSE they support Obama. Covering it would be bad for Obama's image and political support.

Yes, YOU are politically aware, but most Americans have the political awareness of a sixth grader. They are more interested in Monday Night Football, the latest Reality TV show and shopping at the mall. If the networks ran this speech informing them of this policy agenda, they would be livid.

So to protect the president, they just keep it out of their world view. This is only presented to those who would SUPPORT a policy such as this.

Now, when they, or their kids can't find jobs, or when the social services are overwhelmed with a flood of new immigrants, they won't have a clue whose fault it is. They will remain ignorant because of the corporate/State controlled media.

Remember, these networks work hand in glove with both the Democrats and the Republicans at the CFR.

They know this act is lawless, and it's difficult to say if stories about the Whitehouse being angry at them are true. To be honest, everything you hear in the news should be questioned.
Agreed. I couldn't tell you who lies more, the media or Obama. So if you read an article that say the White house is upset that the networks didn't cover the President's speech? In all likilhood you should read that as, "The president asks networks not to cover his speech to nation." :lmao:

Liberals crack me up.

The spirit of this country was based on BREAKING THE LAW??????????

We are talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

This country was founded on LEGAL IMMIGRANTS coming to this country.

Not flooding the borders and ignoring the law.

Liberals you can't lie your way around this.

Obama is flooding the borders because the Democrats have lost the AMERICAN people and so their only hope is to flood the country with like minded people who don't love this country and don't obey our laws.
There were also illegals when the country first started to today, years ago they had no way of kicking them out unless they ran upon them and decided to get rid of them.. the last 34 years the illegals have flooded the US and even Reagan the magician allowed them to stay and become legal, thus setting the benchmark...

I dares ya!
Why, ignoring it helps their rich constituency continue to hire them with tax breaks, low wages, no benefits and immediate disposal when finished...
Good point. The Republican establishment is probably finally exhaling a sigh of relief. Secretly, they don't really give a shit. When Bush was in office, they had a chance to do something, they intentionally did nothing.

Their big corporate interests needed that cheap labor, that is why they did nothing. That is why they will do nothing now but posture, talk tough and do nothing. They are glad this leftist stooge is going to take the fall, it is good for them, they can point the finger of blame and use it to their advantage to tell ignorant bigots that can't find a job that Democrats are to blame when the 2016 presidential elections come around. When in truth, they didn't want anything different done since their corporate big wigs wanted a massive pool of uneducated labor to keep labor costs down.

philosophy, meet reality...

Agreed. I couldn't tell you who lies more, the media or Obama. So if you read an article that say the White house is upset that the networks didn't cover the President's speech? In all likilhood you should read that as, "The president asks networks not to cover his speech to nation." :lmao:

I had already assumed that. The liberal press can't be in a position to cover an embarrassment. Not when the embarrassment is a Democrat.

I dares ya!

It doesn't matter what "Public Opinion" is. It matters what the corporate donors are to the campaign chests of the politicians. GOP politicians generally get more from Chamber of commerce and Big Business.

I am telling you this as a political scientist. These are just well known facts. Why do you think all the previous amnesties were from Republican Presidents?

Take an entry level college course on Interest Group Politics. Business drives establishment GOP politics when it comes to immigration politics, it is about labor needs, not about what the voter desires. Money talks mud. (This might not necessarily be true for the real grassroots tea party politics though.)

Public opinion is never enough to sway elections. Voters rarely vote on single issue topics. Statistically, the only two issues that voters have ever been known to vote candidates in or out of office on are war and abortion. Seriously.

OTH, business and corporations WILL or WILL NOT give donations to candidates based on their support of increased labor development policies. Seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_triangle_(US_politics)

This is a rogue president, and impeachment has got to be put on the table and seriously considered.

Republicans on Capitol Hill began to lash out at President Obama Wednesday after he announced plans to unveil executive actions on immigration in a primetime address Thursday evening.

“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty, here, and in the Senate,” Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) told reporters.

Obama purposely timed the announcement, King said, to coincide with lawmakers leaving Washington Thursday for Thanksgiving recess. King said he’s staying behind in Washington to deal with the issue.

King laid out three steps the House could take to respond to Obama, including a resolution of rejection, censuring Obama and defunding the order to prevent its implementation. He stopped short of supporting impeachment.

“I don’t want to go down that path. We have lived through that and it put the nation through a lot of trauma,” he added.
Some Republicans expressed frustration that Obama invited only Senate and House Democrats to dinner Wednesday evening to huddle before the announcement.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said the fact that Republicans were not invited signals that Obama is creating “the beginning of a political campaign” that provokes “partisan warfare” and not a bipartisan agreement.

“Why would you do this on the eve of Thanksgiving, going into holidays, unless you want to create a political fight?" Cole asked. "I mean I’m mystified by the political calculus."
Republicans should have been included in Wednesday’s dinner, said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.).

“I think that’s endemic of how the president has run his office,” she said. “He has been unwilling to reach out to Republicans.”
Bachmann called Obama “cynical” for issuing the order after the midterm elections when so many Democrats faced tight reelection races.

“He chose not to do this before the election because he knew his party would take an absolute drubbing at the polls,” she said. “In all likelihood, Scott Brown would have won his race in New Hampshire. In all likelihood, that would have caused Ed Gillespie to win in Virginia.”

Bachmann and King both support the push to defund Obama’s immigration action through legislation that’s separate from a main government spending bill to avert a full government shutdown.
While Rep. Steve Stivers (R-Ohio) said he’s “bothered when somebody tries to pass laws through executive actions,” he said it’s not worth another government shutdown.

It's not just Republicans that are outraged but the people are, too. Legislation doesn't happen through Executive Orders. It's time people in America became acquainted with the Constitution and became aware of what each branch does in this country.
It is not only on the voters but the other branches of the US federal govt. to act also to provide representation when one branch fails to do so..

I dares ya!

It doesn't matter what "Public Opinion" is. It matters what the corporate donors are to the campaign chests of the politicians. GOP politicians generally get more from Chamber of commerce and Big Business.

I am telling you this as a political scientist. These are just well known facts. Why do you think all the previous amnesties were from Republican Presidents?

Take an entry level college course on Interest Group Politics. Business drives establishment GOP politics when it comes to immigration politics, it is about labor needs, not about what the voter desires. Money talks mud. (This might not necessarily be true for the real grassroots tea party politics though.)

Public opinion is never enough to sway elections. Voters rarely vote on single issue topics. Statistically, the only two issues that voters have ever been known to vote candidates in or out of office on are war and abortion. Seriously.

OTH, business and corporations WILL or WILL NOT give donations to candidates based on their support of increased labor development policies. Seriously.

And business also heavily influences education in public schools...

And business also heavily influences education in public schools...
So? I thought we were talking about electoral politics?

It is not only on the voters but the other branches of the US federal govt. to act also to provide representation when one branch fails to do so..
Oh, you have been listening to the King and believed him when he said "if they won't make laws, I will, damnit!" Poor fellow. You can get help, but you must ask for it first.

I dares ya!

I don't need to take a course on it. Been there, done that.

Of course I also have a brain of my own and don't always subscribe to the left-leaning ideological curriculum in our universities. Public opinion is important, because first and foremost people vote with their wallets, and the donations tend to dry up when the public is against you, not to mention so do their votes.

Democrats don't care about what the public wants because they have unions, and unions have unions dues and union kickbacks to Democrats. Republicans depend more on voluntary donations.

I dares ya!

philosophy, meet reality...

Voters only THINK they are freely choosing their candidates silly. The contributions from businesses and corporations are what make campaigns possible silly. It is those donations that make possible the signs, the radio ads, the TV ads. Likewise, the pollsters and the opinion makers also receive a hefty payday from many of these same corporate foundations.

Snarky comments really are your forte, aren't they?

Is critical thinking something you can't, won't, or are just unable to do?

The only crisis is the Republican refusal to govern in the spirit that this country's government was founded on.
The problem is they are, you just forgot what that is.
No they are not, they started on day one to ruin this president. It's fine to dislike the president but to punish America for voting for him is not fine. By refusing to govern they have created a power vacuum that the president has stepped into.

Obama punishes those who didnt vote for him everyday.
Hell,even those that did vote for him are being punished,whether or not they're smart enough to rectify that mistake remains to be seen though.

Yep not just Republicans. Where's Eric Holder, his "people" are about to be the first group to be pushed aside.

Well now this is pretty fucking funny:

White House hits TV networks for skipping immigration address

The White House is exasperated with the major broadcast networks – ABC, CBS and NBC -- for skipping out on President Barack Obama’s Thursday primetime address on his executive actions on immigration.
“In 2006, Bush gave a 17 minute speech that was televised by all three networks that was about deploying 6000 national guard troops to the border. Obama is making a 10 minute speech that will have a vastly greater impact on the issue. And none of the networks are doing it. We can’t believe they were aggrieved that we announced this on Facebook,” a senior administration official told POLITICO.
When the president wants to make a primetime address, White House officials will reach out to the big networks like ABC, NBC, and CBS, to gauge whether they would consider running the speech live before putting in a formal request for airtime.
But on Wednesday morning, with plans underway for a Thursday night address on Obama’s plans to issue executive actions on some of the most sweeping immigration reform in decades, those feelers came back with a negative report. None of the major networks wanted to take time away from their primetime programming for Obama’s 8p.m. speech. So the administration did not send out a formal request to the networks and took to Facebook to publicize the speech with a special video message from Obama along with a link to the livestream.

White House hits TV networks for skipping immigration address - POLITICO.com

Do you really think he wants his message to be heard by the masses?
He already got thumped in the midterms,he may be thinking twice about telling the public what he's up to.
Leftwing media protecting the boi king maybe?

Last edited:
Poor Obama got his ass spanked in the election now he's throwing a temper tantrum like the 2 year old whining baby that he is. Let the stupid fool flail about and destroy the Democratic party, in 2 years the idiot is out of a job and we'll undo this crap.

The President is doing the business of his supporters and not the Business of those that voted against him. So when beating the Impeachment War Drum just remember how well that went for the GOP when Clinton was President and do not cry when the GOP is booted again.

The GOP was elected to get something done and if Impeachment is their only agenda then they have failed the voter once again!

Yep not just Republicans. Where's Eric Holder, his "people" are about to be the first group to be pushed aside.

eric holder doesn't care..as long as it undermines this country and white people in general.
The
blacks and browns both hate this country and white people and in their eyes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Forum List

Back