The Pet problem really breaks my heart.

A

Allanon68

Im sorry, but I just cant stand reading about the pets and dogs left behind. It just kills me to see that. And the rescuers arent letting people take their pets. I dont know why. Some guy shut his dog in a room with a months worth of food because he didnt leave when he had the chance. Left their to die. It sucks so bad. I know the human suffering is bad. But humans had a choice , the dogs are a victim of the owners choice. Such a shame and very very upsetting.

Allanon68 said:
Im sorry, but I just cant stand reading about the pets and dogs left behind. It just kills me to see that. And the rescuers arent letting people take their pets. I dont know why. Some guy shut his dog in a room with a months worth of food because he didnt leave when he had the chance. Left their to die. It sucks so bad. I know the human suffering is bad. But humans had a choice , the dogs are a victim of the owners choice. Such a shame and very very upsetting.

Agreed--the magnitude of the sorrow and damage is still not fully comprehended---and all this poison gets pumps to where?? To hurt more living things.

I too really feel for the animals that had no choice.

They had an interview with a family that had to leave their dog tied to a tree in order to get on an evacuation shuttle. They weren't allowed to take the animal...

I think I might have just stayed and walked.

I would have too. NO DAMN WAY would I leave my dog, my companion, tied to a tree, dogs have souls too, they feel pain like you and I and show emotion, they arent cattle.. Please dont tell me anymore..

You know the human problem is breaking my heart....
The reality is there is room for one-----a person or an animal. Choosing to save a human over an animal in not a sin nor does it indicate that someone has no feelings whatsoever for animals. It's another part of the tragedy that no one needs to take the blame for. Shit DOES happen.

dilloduck said:
The reality is there is room for one-----a person or an animal. Choosing to save a human over an animal in not a sin nor does it indicate that someone has no feelings whatsoever for animals. It's another part of the tragedy that no one needs to take the blame for. Shit DOES happen.

I'm just saying, that I personally, rather than leave my animal to starve, would more likely walk to the destination of the buses. If they are going to the Astrodome, I'm healthy enough and we'll make it.

no1tovote4 said:
I too really feel for the animals that had no choice.

They had an interview with a family that had to leave their dog tied to a tree in order to get on an evacuation shuttle. They weren't allowed to take the animal...

I think I might have just stayed and walked.

Why would they leave the darn thing tied to a freaking Tree ? What are they stupid ? Animals can survive. They will find a place to nest up. But tying it to a tree ? Why dont you freaking shoot it first ? At least free the animal could swim somewhere or find someone to take the dog in. If I had to leave I would have left the front door open and the dog can make the choice. At least that way he has a chance.

I can't even imagine looking into my pets innocent face and leave them there to die, they are my family and I would never do it, because it would haunt me the rest of my life and I would be in a serious depression. It would be like leaving one of my children behind. No way ever!!! To me there is always a way without resorting to that.

The good news is some are being rescued by various animal organizations that have banded together to rescue pets and take them to pet shelters to either adopt them out or reunite them with their owners. Just as they did after 9/11 and thank GOD for those groups as well as those who are rescueing people.

no1tovote4 said:
I'm just saying, that I personally, rather than leave my animal to starve, would more likely walk to the destination of the buses. If they are going to the Astrodome, I'm healthy enough and we'll make it.

This is certainly the choice I would make---to ask someone else to risk the life of a family member in lieu of my pet would be something that I coud not live with either.

WoW...I am the complete opposite. Here is the way I see it, People screw themselves and animals get screwed by people. The people have a choice and the animals dont. I am much much more sympathetic towards animals than people. Thats just me. If I was there and could help, I would make the animals my priority. Someones gotta help the animals and someone has to help the people. They need both. Im just on the animal side. Ive already made my donation to the humane society. Not much more I can do right now.

nosarcasm said:
frankly during times where human struggle to make it
I am not worried about animals at all.

Mr. P said:
I agree...
Priorities...I guess human life is less of a value than animals to some.

Sounds noble, but after seeing the disgusting behavior of many "humans" in the Convention Center and Superdome, I'd rather stay with the four-legged animals any day.

Abbey Normal said:
Sounds noble, but after seeing the disgusting behavior of many "humans" in the Convention Center and Superdome, I'd rather stay with the four-legged animals any day.

What if your only choices were to leave the dog or bring it with and stay with the disgusting 2 legged animals ?

Abbey Normal said:
Fine 20 hale Marys for you, then..Then confess you have no hope for the human race and lack compassion. :halo:

dilloduck said:
What if your only choices were to leave the dog or bring it with and stay with the disgusting 2 legged animals ?

Ah, Dillo. I don't think they let you bring pets to most of these shelters. I'm not going to the Superdome, where I and my daughter posibly get raped, that's for sure. I suppose if said dog was a Pit Bull or Rotty, I could probably handle the two-legged animals pretty well. ;)

Forum List

Back