The Pentagon’s $10-billion bet gone bad

Republicans wasted $26 Billion in shutting down the government and that was only over three weeks not ten years

That was stunning, wasn't it RW? Who but Obama is so incompetent that he spent more to not operate the government than it would have cost to operate it. Wow, what an idiot he is.

Do you suppose he spent the $26 billion putting up blockades for monuments and parks? What did he do with it? It is an amazing story of incompetence, even on the scale of government

Lets see.....In a shutdown, the Government, by law, has to close non-essential functions and you put parks at the top of the list of essential functions?

Because of a Republican temper tantrum, we had to pay one third of the federal government to stay home for three weeks

Obama is stupid beyond belief. He wasn't operating those things. What cost to shutting them down is there compared to operating them. You lock the doors and go home.

And the law said nothing about blockading memorials or roadside Mount Rushmore views. Yes, the man is a village idiot who made it to National President

Republicans wasted $26 Billion in shutting down the government and that was only over three weeks not ten years

That was stunning, wasn't it RW? Who but Obama is so incompetent that he spent more to not operate the government than it would have cost to operate it. Wow, what an idiot he is.

Do you suppose he spent the $26 billion putting up blockades for monuments and parks? What did he do with it? It is an amazing story of incompetence, even on the scale of government

Lets see.....In a shutdown, the Government, by law, has to close non-essential functions and you put parks at the top of the list of essential functions?

Because of a Republican temper tantrum, we had to pay one third of the federal government to stay home for three weeks

Obama is stupid beyond belief. He wasn't operating those things. What cost to shutting them down is there compared to operating them. You lock the doors and go home.

And the law said nothing about blockading memorials or roadside Mount Rushmore views. Yes, the man is a village idiot who made it to National President

Obama was following the law

In a shutdown, Government functions are deemed essential or nonessential. You are only allowed to pay for those workers who perform essential functions

Healthcare workers, police and fire are considered essential workers
Park employees are not

In a shutdown, Government functions are deemed essential or nonessential. You are only allowed to pay for those workers who perform essential functions

Park employees are not

Begging the question:

Where does the law say not operating a park means to barricade it?

How do you spend more money turning off the lights, locking the door and going home than operating something? That is unless you are a fucking moron. You know, like Obama.

I can do that job for a week for $10,000, or I can not do it for $15,000. What an imbecile he is. Did it ever occur to you, RW, that maybe he WANTED to spend more money so his brainless, hate filled, greedy minions would use wasting $26 billion of the people's money as a political attack? You think it's possible?

Park employees are not

Begging the question:

Where does the law say not operating a park means to barricade it?

How do you spend more money turning off the lights, locking the door and going home than operating something? That is unless you are a fucking moron. You know, like Obama.

I can do that job for a week for $10,000, or I can not do it for $15,000. What an imbecile he is. Did it ever occur to you, RW, that maybe he WANTED to spend more money so his brainless, hate filled, greedy minions would use wasting $26 billion of the people's money as a political attack? You think it's possible?

Easy

Park security is still an essential function

Easy

Then why did the security go home? So security needed to go home because they aren't essential, but they need to barricade the parks because security is essential, then they need to go home because it isn't essential.

:dig:

So are you done yet or are you still too busy digging?

So with your endless obviously contrived and lame answers, is there not a point where you actually even think you are an idiot?

Easy

Then why did the security go home? So security needed to go home because they aren't essential, but they need to barricade the parks because security is essential, then they need to go home because it isn't essential.

:dig:

So are you done yet or are you still too busy digging?

So with your endless obviously contrived and lame answers, is there not a point where you actually even think you are an idiot?

My answers are not contrived. I was there during the shutdown. I saw the federal employees sent home while I continued to work as a contractor. There are defined rules for a government shutdown and I have been through it three times

Are you daft?
Park security was deemed essential to protect property. They did not go home

I still laugh at the degree of butthurt from Conservatives because their shutdown resulted in the closure of freak'n parks

Federal employees were sent home and Veterans could not get benefit changes, retirees could not make new claims, welfare claims were put on hold....Real people were hurt by the Republican shutdown

And you guys complain because you could not visit a park

I still laugh at the degree of butthurt from Conservatives

Stopped reading here. Not interested in defending W, there are a plethora of Republicans around who would be glad to do that. I think he sucked

The Republican shutdown happened because of Obamacare

We were discussing how incompetent Obama is that he spent $26 billion more to shut it down than operate it. What does that have to do with why it was shut down?

Stopped reading here. Not interested in defending W, there are a plethora of Republicans around who would be glad to do that. I think he sucked

We were discussing how incompetent Obama is that he spent $26 billion more to shut it down than operate it. What does that have to do with why it was shut down?

Obama had no authority to operate nonessential functions

The $26 billion came from loss of services and paying employees to stay home. Nobody but Republicans gives a shit about the parks

The $26 billion came from loss of services and paying employees to stay home. Nobody but Republicans gives a shit about the parks

You have to pay people more when they don't work than when they do? Explain how that works.

You have to pay people more when they don't work than when they do? Explain how that works.

One third of the Federal Workforce was sent home during the Republican shutdown

They were paid for not working

It is the nature of R&D

yes all you could do is make it as competitive as possible

$10 billion over a decade is $1 billion a year in failed R&D

Those projects are exceptionally futuristic and high risk. This is what we called Star Wars technology under Reagan. R&D like that is rarely 100% successful or 100% failure. Not being 100% successful does not mean the project was a 100% failure

You may not end up with a deployable defense system but you still learn things and develop new technologies that may be used in the next weapons system or in the civilian world

yes silly liberals called it Star Wars to mock it and now it is a critical defense system and will become more so in the future as weapons proliferate.

It is the nature of R&D

Those projects are exceptionally futuristic and high risk. This is what we called Star Wars technology under Reagan. R&D like that is rarely 100% successful or 100% failure. Not being 100% successful does not mean the project was a 100% failure

You may not end up with a deployable defense system but you still learn things and develop new technologies that may be used in the next weapons system or in the civilian world

yes silly liberals called it Star Wars to mock it and now it is a critical defense system and will become more so in the future as weapons proliferate.

It still can't be done today 35 years after Reagan proposed it

It is the nature of R&D

Big ships are protected and Israel is protected with Iron Dome. The progress has been slow but huge.

Big military ships and West Coast are protected and Israel is protected with Iron Dome. The progress has been slow but huge.

It was Ronald Reagan who made missile defense a major priority for the U.S. and our allies. His 1983 speech on the subject was widely derided as “Star Wars” because he envisioned that some missile would be intercepted in space. For years critics claimed that it was impossible to intercept missiles in flight, or that at the very least it would be prohibitively expensive to do so. But now the U.S. West Coast is actually protected by a limited ballistic-missile defense system based primarily around satellites, sea-based Aegis and X-band radars, and Standard Missile-3 interceptors. We don’t know how the system would work in combat but it has been vindicated in testing[/QUOTE]

It is the nature of R&D

Big ships are protected and Israel is protected with Iron Dome. The progress has been slow but huge.
Iron Dome works great but it is not space based like Reagan proposed.

Still not Star Wars

Forum List

Back