The party of Small Govt is at it again....in Florida this time

A worker is allowed to drink water whenever the worker chooses. No employer can ever, under any circumstances, prevent it. If the workers wants to take a water break, then they can whenever they want. An employer cannot regulate breaks.

I have had to deal with OSHA a lot....
Too much really. The people I've dealt with are pretty goddamned thorough.

A worker is allowed to drink water whenever the worker chooses. No employer can ever, under any circumstances, prevent it. If the workers wants to take a water break, then they can whenever they want. An employer cannot regulate breaks.

Of course an employer can regulate breaks, do you think the cashiers at WalMart all just go on break whenever they want?

Spoken like the true Big Govt nanny state supporter that you are.
You know you just made a thread touting big state government actions right? So surely you support the Federal government passing more laws to limit what Florida can do.

Of course an employer can regulate breaks, do you think the cashiers at WalMart all just go on break whenever they want?
I'm referring to the fact a worker can take 30 seconds to take a drink of water whenever they need to. There's no regulating that. Any employer that is against st this should lawfully be shut down.

A bill signed Thursday bans local governments from requiring heat and water breaks for outdoor workers. And a bill DeSantis signed Friday strips local citizen police oversight boards from investigating officers.

So, via two bills the party of small Govt took away freedoms from smaller Govt and put all the power at the state level.

First off, why the fuck would anyone fight against mandatory water breaks in fucking Florida of all places. It is just not a good look.

But that aside, actual conservatives think that governing should be done at the lowest possible level. The state removing power from smaller governments is the opposite of conservatism.

"local governments will be banned from requiring heat and water breaks for outdoor workers."

Desantis signed a bill banning government overreach.
Exactly opposite of what you think.

How could mandating water breaks become a problem? Not quite understanding how ensuring workers don't keel over from I adequate hydration is a problem.

That doesn't explain how mandating a water break could lead to problems.

As posted throughout the thread it is a "slippery slope". The GOVT has no business in the business micro-managing small to large compaines. Where does it end? The boss has to send girls in binkinis with water jugs to check BP and temperature of each employee? You don't know what you are advocating when you get the GOVT micro-managing anything. It is never enough.

I did? Which thread is that?

I support governing being done at the lowest level possible.

The lowest Constitutional level is the State. Anything lower is regulated by the State via home rule provisions in their Constitution or by home rule laws.

Everyone has to have a land-line. We are still paying the phone companies for that one!
Now every one deserves a cellphone for emergencies. We pay for that too.

Go towards the Contstitution, not further and further away.

Last edited:

A bill signed Thursday bans local governments from requiring heat and water breaks for outdoor workers. And a bill DeSantis signed Friday strips local citizen police oversight boards from investigating officers.

So, via two bills the party of small Govt took away freedoms from smaller Govt and put all the power at the state level.

First off, why the fuck would anyone fight against mandatory water breaks in fucking Florida of all places. It is just not a good look.

But that aside, actual conservatives think that governing should be done at the lowest possible level. The state removing power from smaller governments is the opposite of conservatism.
Hey dblack do you remember when freedom fighters (not lefties) like Harpy would say “Father Government should never operate outside of their very explicit enumerated powers”?
Are they now saying “but local government should force private sector enterprises to force their employees to drink water at specific times”?
Hey Harpy….statist much?

Hey dblack do you remember when freedom fighters (not lefties) like Harpy would say “Father Government should never operate outside of their very explicit enumerated powers”?
Are they now saying “but local government should force private sector enterprises to force their employees to drink water at specific times”?
Hey Harpy….statist much?

What are the explicit enumerated powers of a city government?

Also, there is no specific time requirement in the law, just that water and shade has to be provided. That you need to lie about the law says much about you.

What are the explicit enumerated powers of a city government?

Also, there is no specific time requirement in the law, just that water and shade has to be provided. That you need to lie about the law says much about you.
You’re playing semantics….Why would you want any level of government to tell private sector enterprises how to operate in any way?
I thought you were all about the purest form of capitalism?

You’re playing semantics…

it was a simple question. yet you cannot answer it.

Why would you want any level of government to tell private sector enterprises how to operate in any way?

It is not about what I want, it is about what I believe should be allowed.

I am against minimum wage laws on any level outside of the local city level. I would not vote for one in my city, but I do not think it is wrong for a city to impose one if the people of the city voted for it.

I believe the people at the lowest level, i.e. the city, should be able to make pretty much any rule that does not directly violate the state or Fed constitution. If people do not like it, they can move to a different city. Hell, we did that. We did not like some of the new laws our previous city had passed and we moved a whole 7 miles south and are now not subject to them.

Forum List

Back