The Partisan Divide on American "Security"

The Dems wanted to fund the purchase of equipment that could detect explosive devices.

The Republicans voted it down.

Now we have what we have...thank a Republican.

Let me see if I understand your position, you support the TSA because the Republicans voted against better screening. If that is accurate you are truly a partisan hack.

I support neither the PA or TSA. I would prefer to just put a pair of trained Marines on each plane, scan our cargo for explosives and accept the occasional downed jetliner as the price of freedom.

My position on this has never changed. I opposed the Patriot Act before it was law and I still oppose it.
I opposed Warrantless wiretaps and such before and still do.

The Patriot Act is seen as Republican legislation, and the new TSA measures are occurring under a Democratic administration.

I was unaware that the Patriot Act targeting children, the Patriot act required strip searching children, the Patriot act searched children with no probable cause.

Of coure the Libards see everything as partisan. Intercepting phone calls from Osama Bin Laden is the same as TSA touching, grouping, and fingering a 5 year old girls vagina, butt, and breast.

Purely partisan, not even a bit.

My e-mails are as private as my body, and nobody has the right to invade the sanctity of either. So the principle remains the same for both.

There is no privacy on the net unless you use an illegal level of encrypting.
There never was. Carnivore is alive and well, even though it has a different name now.

The Dems wanted to fund the purchase of equipment that could detect explosive devices.

Let me see if I understand your position, you support the TSA because the Republicans voted against better screening. If that is accurate you are truly a partisan hack.
I don't support or not support the TSA. I have been annoyed with security since I have been forced to remove my shoes to board a plane.

However, I do see the need for it...in case you haven't noticed there is a worldwide network of fuckheads that want to blow up American airplanes.

You want to get rid of the TSA, get rid of terrorism.

During the Bush administration the left largely opposed the Patriot Act, and under the Obama administration we're seeing the right largely oppose the TSA's new security policies. So on one hand the left supports taking naked x-rays of people and invasive physical assaults on people who are going to ride an airplane, but does not support reading people's e-mails or listening to their phone calls. On the other hand we have the exact oppose situation going on with the right. The problem is that both sides support using government for invasive and unconstitutional assaults on personal liberty. It's simply that one side disagrees with the other on the means to achieve this goal. Now why is this? The answer should be clear. The Patriot Act is seen as Republican legislation, and the new TSA measures are occurring under a Democratic administration.

I disagree. I am not seeing a partisan divide on opposition to the TSA. I'm seeing people on both the left and the right speak out against it and people on both sides defending the abuse.

Me too, it's one of the rare issues I see that both left and right folks I know are equally "disappointed" with.

I was unaware that the Patriot Act targeting children, the Patriot act required strip searching children, the Patriot act searched children with no probable cause.

Of coure the Libards see everything as partisan. Intercepting phone calls from Osama Bin Laden is the same as TSA touching, grouping, and fingering a 5 year old girls vagina, butt, and breast.

Purely partisan, not even a bit.

My e-mails are as private as my body, and nobody has the right to invade the sanctity of either. So the principle remains the same for both.

There is no privacy on the net unless you use an illegal level of encrypting.
There never was. Carnivore is alive and well, even though it has a different name now.

What do you think illegal levels of encryption are? You can encrypt anything to whatever level of encryption you want, high enough that even the NSA would not bother trying to crack it. This is perfectly legal in the US as long as you are not trying to export the data to certain specified countries. It does make the government's, and law enforcement's, jobs harder, but that is a good thing. If I don't want the government to read my email I am perfectly free to stop them from doing so.

I don't support or not support the TSA. I have been annoyed with security since I have been forced to remove my shoes to board a plane.

However, I do see the need for it...in case you haven't noticed there is a worldwide network of fuckheads that want to blow up American airplanes.

You want to get rid of the TSA, get rid of terrorism.

Why not just ignore it, and go on with our lives? Doesn't that make more sense than allowing a bunch of fucktards force you to take off your shoes?

Forum List

Back