The ONLY reason MOST Obama voters voted for Obama...

'
Well, I did not vote for McCain or Romney -- in order to punish the Republicans for Bush and Cheney.

But I did not vote for Obama, either.
As a protest vote, I always write in the name of Queen Elizabeth II.

If Americans had any common sense, they would put their affairs into the hands of the British Colonial Office, until such time as this failed state is ready for self-government.
Queen Elizabeth II is not eligible to be US President. she was born in Kenya
I know that. I said it was a protest vote, didn't I?

I also know that the United Kingdom no longer has a Colonial Office.

But I feel sure that, for old time's sake, they would be willing to save our sorry asses and re-establish one for us -- if we asked them nicely, that is.

Why America voted for Obama in 2008

1) Opposition to US involvement in Iraq
2) Collapsing economy
3) Obama offered a refreshing vision of the future
4) A young dyanamic black president looked promising
5) McCain/Palin was a scary ticket

Combination of the above

And when none of those panned out, why did people double down and vote for him again in 2012?

I didn't vote for Obama in 2008 but did vote for him in 2012.

But which ones didn't pan out?

He got us out of Iraq. So if you voted on that basis, you got what you wanted.

The economy stopped collapsing and has been growing since 2009. Slowly, mind you, but it's growing.

3 and 4 are emotional things.

5) is an interesting point. I liked McCain, and I didn't mind Palin until I realized she was slightly retarded. Still, I voted for them in 2008.

Then the GOP nominated "The Mormon". (And sorry, that's how I think of him.) And the idea of that scary-ass cult running the country was unacceptable. Every time the Mormon opened his mouth, from praising China for having 120 working women in a single dorm as a great investment, to saying he liked to fire people, to saying he didn't care about poor people, he showed that he was the last person we needed in the White House right now.

'

Well, for one thing, if McCain had won, everybody in the world would have called him "the McPresident!! · ·

I don't know if the United States could have survived that!!

Because things have improved under Obama after bush and friends crashed the economy. I think things would have been even better if republicans hadn't made war against Obama and the American people since inauguration day 2009.

In what way?

Things were WAY better in 2005 - 1 year into the Bush second term, than they are now.

Where were you when the economy was crashing when bush was in office? Late 2008 it was. My statement about the republican swine conspiring against a new president. This is common knowledge. I call them the wrecking crew. Link below. OOOh it's a liberal site. Can't read that. You know we lost close to 5 million manufacturing jobs under bush? So tell me how 2005 was so great. Bush hadn't finished destroying the American economy yet along with dragging down the world economy.

Daily Kos: Eric Cantor, Paul Ryan & Kevin McCarthy: Plot To Sabotage US Economy with Frank Luntz

Last edited:
Voting for Obama was a way to vote "NO" to whatever problems with Govt/economy/society
they want to blame on GOP or white Christian Conservatives
[who are perceived as intolerant hypocrites pushing pro-life and pro-religious polices
as discrimination against women, gays, potheads, poor minorities and liberals in general.]

I have a friend who explained this to me, that because of his perception and grudge against the GOP as anti-choice anti-gay hateful, he is going to vote for the Democrat Party which he feels will best protect his liberties from the GOP; which is where I disgreed with him and said he needs to invoke rights by enforcing the Constitution directly, not depend on the Democrat Party for "your rights"
which gives too much power to govt and takes it away from the people as victims depending on political parties to bully for them.
you create your own oppression, then you blame the other party for responding to defend their interests and views being threatened.

As Obama stated it himself as "voting for revenge."
It was to politically punish the people who would be freaked out by Obama as President,
and unfortunately the entire nation has to live with and pay for the consequences.
So it collectively punishes everyone, to make a political/social statement NO to the GOP
and now also the Tea Party equally blamed for being hateful and racist against minorities.

Whether or not the Democrat Party truly lives up to its image of being the party of inclusion, that is what the party is seen as representing, so people vote for that image and concept.

NOTE:
The most disturbing of the Obama voters I met remind me of young kids having a "temper tantrum" to protest and rebel against authority viewed as oppressive and unfair, whose only way of saying "NO I don't consent to you telling me what to do" is to knock all the food off the table or spill or pee all over the floor so other people have to clean up!

Not all voters are that irresponsible, many are working people who do want things to change but just had NO HOPE of working with conservative Republican approaches to govt, which is where I disagree with them, and believe limited govt IS the key to reform by shifting resources and democratic authority locally to the people through city, state and party levels. [I believe it will take a COMBINATION of the Democrat focus on Inclusion of all classes and cultures, the Republican/Libertarian focus on limited cost-effective govt and shifting responsibility to the states and people, the Occupy/Green focus on sustainable environmentally safe policies, and the Tea Party focus on Constitutional unity and enforcement.]

A few friends who voted for Obama personally insulted me by ragging on Romney for being rich, and voting for Obama who has done nothing to help create jobs for the poor while spending 6 billion to get re-elected, while I used my own resources to help these friends (when they had "no jobs" which shows how Romney voters end up supporting the Obama-voters financially) which I earned by working 3 jobs to fund community nonprofits that were denied support to save a national historic district of African American Freed Slave churches (largely because local leaders including Democrats sold out to corporate developer interests and spent millions of grants on them to destroy the history instead of helping nonprofits to preserve it). So while my work supports community plans for sustainable jobs, housing and health care to save this national historic district as a campus, these people's time energy and money (millions if not billions of dollars) went to elect Democrat leaders who took resources AWAY from the community's ability to save Black history. What an irony and an outrage!

I am asking fellow Democrats and especially Obama voters to take responsibility for their votes. If I can work 3 jobs and contribute most of my salary to these community nonprofits doing more work with less resources than we throw at govt and election campaigns, surely the candidates officials and their supporters can chip in a % of their contributions to set up a sustainable campus for jobs housing and services to end poverty and overreliance on govt.

Dr. Cornell West was right in criticizing Obama for spending 6 billion while his constituents suffer in poverty. Residents in Freedmen's Town, Democrat Precinct 30, can attest to that!

The saddest part is the Freed Slaves who built this once thriving district of churches, houses and businesses did so on their own, with NO help from govt, 100 years before the Civil Rights Act while they were forced to live in segregation as noncitizens.

And now that we have equal rights and protections under the Civil Rights Act and Fourteenth Amendment, there is so much govt bureaucracy, we cannot get things done.

I work 3 jobs, and another community leader is working 2 jobs and volunteering at 2 unpaid jobs trying to save this national landmark to 'Civil Right and Freed Slave' history. Sadly ironic for us to work like slaves (competing against time and money to take back control of preserving history from govt and political parties manipulating resources to mow it down.)

Those of us who had obviously more information about Obama had SEVERAL reasons for not voting for him.
So millions of apparently "intelligent" voters should have had the same information we had so why did they still vote for Obama?

For example those of us that voted against Obama AND NOT for McCain by the way did so because we knew this about Obama:
A) He told us he was going to use "Tricks" and "tactics" to fool people that might have a fear he was an angry black man.
B) He told us he wanted to raise gas prices... not just so fast!
C) He told us he would make it so financially hard that utilities would be bankrupt.
D) He told us that by doing that our utilities costs would "skyrocket".
E) He told us he preferred to put out of business 1,400 companies, lay off 400,000 people and decrease $100 billion in Fed/state/local income taxes.
F) He told us that his friends included terrorists that were on the FBI terrorists list.
G) He told us he thought all the military planners on purpose with malice "air-raided villages and killed civilians".

And his actions also showed those of us that didn't vote that Obama was totally inexperienced in the Senate.
These are the 5 bills of 137 that he sponsored that became law. Those of us that opposed took these 5 bills and examples of his competency.
1)Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act of 2005
2)To congratulate the Chicago White Sox on winning the 2005 World Series Championship.
3)Recognizing the historical significance of Juneteenth Independence Day and expressing the sense of the Senate that history
4)Designating July 13, 2006, as `National Summer Learning Day'.
5)A resolution commemorating the 44th anniversary of the deaths of civil rights workers Andrew Goodman, James Chaney,
These are the Obama's sole Congressional contributions before he became President.
List of bills sponsored by Barack Obama in the United States Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So given ALL these actions and activities that intelligent people would say.."WOA!!" Let's think a minute about him!
Why would these supposedly intelligent voters KNOWING all of the above STILL vote for Obama?

The majority of them that did vote for him in spite of the lack of experience, knowledge and in spite of what he said and his actions.
WHY? If they knew the above about Obama but they still KNOWING he favored higher gas,utility,putting people out of work they voted?

Because the only reason they had was they didn't want to have people think the ONLY reason they voted against was because he was black!
That is these people that knew Obama was a trickster, was inexperienced, voted because they just didn't want to be considered "racist"!

That's it! There is no conceivable reason for voting for Obama as everything he told us he wanted to happen is happening!
We have utilities closing, gas prices highest ever, skyrocketing utilities and now the highest number of people on food stamps, highest unemployment, and highest number of people on SS disability! Everything Obama told us has happened.

So why if all those destructive events have occurred... why did these people vote other then they didn't want to think themselves as "RACIST"!

So, another one that blames all these bad things on Obama. Bush had 8 years to bring Americas economy and America's world reputation to it's knees, including losing almost 5 million manufacturing jobs. Things are better now, in spite of republicans trying to make sure he failed by any means possible. What was the other option in 2008? McCain, who was too stupid to know how stupid sara palin was?

Last edited:
Where were you when the economy was crashing when bush was in office? Late 2008 it was. My statement about the republican swine conspiring against a new president.

And you communist swine were so nice to Bush....

This is common knowledge. I call them the wrecking crew. Link below.

ROFL

"common knowledge" on the hate sites.

OOOh it's a liberal site. Can't read that.

It's a leftist hate site.

I can read it, but no one should believe anything on it.

You know we lost close to 5 million manufacturing jobs under bush? So tell me how 2005 was so great. Bush hadn't finished destroying the American economy yet along with dragging down the world economy.

Bullshit.

If you fuckers couldn't lie, you'd have nothing to say.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I voted for Obama because he gives me free stuff

Where were you when the economy was crashing when bush was in office? Late 2008 it was. My statement about the republican swine conspiring against a new president. This is common knowledge. I call them the wrecking crew. Link below. OOOh it's a liberal site. Can't read that. You know we lost close to 5 million manufacturing jobs under bush? So tell me how 2005 was so great. Bush hadn't finished destroying the American economy yet along with dragging down the world economy.

Daily Kos: Eric Cantor, Paul Ryan & Kevin McCarthy: Plot To Sabotage US Economy with Frank Luntz

Actually, the shit started hitting the fan as early as 2006. 2005 was the height of the bursting bubble.

Why America voted for Obama in 2008

1) Opposition to US involvement in Iraq
2) Collapsing economy
3) Obama offered a refreshing vision of the future
4) A young dyanamic black president looked promising
5) McCain/Palin was a scary ticket

Combination of the above

And when none of those panned out, why did people double down and vote for him again in 2012?

What are you talking about?

1. Out of Iraq.
2. Economy is in recovery.
3. Still a refreshing and optimistic look toward the future.
4. Still looks promising.
5. Romney/Ryan was a scarier ticket.

6. He likes beer and loves dogs.

What's not to like?
What's not to like ? It's easy really...... Liberal weaknesses are what's not to like, in which ultimately has led us to the Boston Bombings in this nation. This is what we are now finding sadly enough, in which is going on more and more within the nation these days.... Under Liberal leadership the nation begins falling apart in every sort of way possible it seems, where as the holes in the boat begin to become to hard to patch, and the boat begins to ride lower and lower in the water.

We are sinking in the name of extreme PC Correctness or a belief in this totally free idea of Diversity being promoted at all cost, even if it makes us vulnerable to our enemies, as they know just how to (or) rather they have figured out how to exploit this ideology of open and blanket diversity or PC-Correctness run amuck in this nation now. Dead Americans on American soil being found all over the place is direct proof of this failure, but distract, distract and distract is the way of the Liberals who don't want to admit to their mistakes and failed ideologies in which they have.

Last edited:

Actually, the shit started hitting the fan as early as 2006. 2005 was the height of the bursting bubble.
And how did all these bubbles get started again ? Wasn't it during the Clinton ((error)) in which began all the utopic dreamlands of every Red Blooded Democrat who would play along, and every Corporate CEO who wanted a piece of the pie in the sky in which Clinton was creating for them ? Problem is that we all knew that sooner or later pay back would have to come in it all for America, and I guess it came in the result of 9-11 sadly enough, where as all the pie in the sky finally came to an end on that day in which ended the ((error)), but began a war within as well as with out, where as this is when the chickens had finally come home to roost, and not when Jeremiah Right said that it would. This confusion had ushered in Obama and his gang after Bush had spent most of his time fighting terrorism, and sadly enough ignoring the economic woes still lingering from the past in which finally came at a price for him and his predecessors in which they ultimately succumbed to in a very political way in the end.

Now we got the dems playing off of the entire situation as if they were the good guy's the whole time, and that the Repubs had caused it all. However, we all know better now.

And how did all these bubbles get started again ? Wasn't it during the Clinton ((error)) in which began all the utopic dreamlands of every Red Blooded Democrat who would play along, and every Corporate CEO who wanted a piece of the pie in the sky in which Clinton was creating for them ? Problem is that we all knew that sooner or later pay back would have to come in it all for America, and I guess it came in the result of 9-11 sadly enough, where as all the pie in the sky finally came to an end on that day in which ended the ((error)), but began a war within as well as with out, where as this is when the chickens had finally come home to roost, and not when Jeremiah Right said that it would. This confusion had ushered in Obama and his gang after Bush had spent most of his time fighting terrorism, and sadly enough ignoring the economic woes still lingering from the past in which finally came at a price for him and his predecessors in which they ultimately succumbed to in a very political way in the end.

Now we got the dems playing off of the entire situation as if they were the good guy's the whole time, and that the Repubs had caused it all. However, we all know better now.

Are there still people too stupid to know or too low integrity to admit that the crash of 08 was the ReagaNUT bubble bursting? The bobbleheaded old fuck tripled the national debt in EIGHT YEARS pumping canned heat into the economy. Before the stupid fuck lost his mind completely the stock market crashed, S&Ls were deregulated out of business, the FED had bought its first private securities to prop up Wall Street, and RINO Ron signed the first bank bailout.

Clinton continued ReagaNUT policies, NAFTA, sending jobs to China, repealing Glass Steagall, giving Halliburton and Blackwater no bid t&m contracts, and legalizing naked speculation in essential commodities. The only decent thing the mama's boy ever did was pop the JAP to reinforce the idea that is it okay to diddle the help.

Junebug? What can one say? The hapless little cocksucker was over his head grifting off family friends before Rove made him governor and Wall Street figured out what a clueless fuck he was and rented him the white house for eight years. The boy literally worshipped Reagan. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he kept a bust of Reagan is on the altar of his chapel beside the star of david and the cross.

But I digress...

To recap earlier posts: the only reason most people needed to vote for Obama in 2008 is he wasn't a filthy fucking nutball. Democrats could have run the literal Devil and beat Col Windsock McCain like a government mule. In 2012 nutballs apparently didn't get the message that a scum who destroyed 10x more jobs than he created wasn't where America wanted to go.

Last edited:

Are there still people too stupid to know or too low integrity to admit that the crash of 08 was the ReagaNUT bubble bursting? The bobbleheaded old fuck tripled the national debt in EIGHT YEARS pumping canned heat into the economy. Before the stupid fuck lost his mind completely the stock market crashed, S&Ls were deregulated out of business, the FED had bought its first private securities to prop up Wall Street, and RINO Ron signed the first bank bailout.

Clinton continued ReagaNUT policies, NAFTA, sending jobs to China, repealing Glass Steagall, giving Halliburton and Blackwater no bid t&m contracts, and legalizing naked speculation in essential commodities. The only decent thing the mama's boy ever did was pop the JAP to reinforce the idea that is it okay to diddle the help.

Junebug? What can one say? The hapless little cocksucker was over his head grifting off family friends before Rove made him governor and Wall Street figured out what a clueless fuck he was and rented him the white house for eight years. The boy literally worshipped Reagan. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he kept a bust of Reagan is on the altar of his chapel beside the star of david and the cross.

But I digress...

To recap earlier posts: the only reason most people needed to vote for Obama in 2008 is he wasn't a filthy fucking nutball. Democrats could have run the literal Devil and beat Col Windsock McCain like a government mule. In 2012 nutballs apparently didn't get the message that a scum who destroyed 10x more jobs than he created wasn't where America wanted to go.
Reagan also was dealing with the cold war and other military actions, in which he had done great things in keeping this nation safe also, and yes he had flaws just as the rest of them did of course, but when comparing apples to oranges I wonder who was the worst of them all ? Both sides can throw some serious stuff at each other now, but who caused this nation to become so weak that it became attacked is what needs to be put to rest somehow, and who is furthering this weakness in which allows these attacks to continue right on ? Is it a Party and their Presidents political beliefs, along with his policies that are causing these weaknesses (or) is it an ideology and/or cultural theology in which a party and it's President believes, that is continually causing these weakness problems we are having ?

But I digress...

Reagan also was dealing with the cold war and other military actions, in which he had done great things in keeping this nation safe also, and yes he had flaws just as the rest of them did of course, but when comparing apples to oranges I wonder who was the worst of them all ?

DJ comment: Reagan was by far the worst. He tripled the national debt. No conservative would do that. His voodoo economics pumped the economy full of debt, then called it "new economy" goodness to the applause of halfwit America. And as he borrowed, markets crashed, bank sectors failed, and by the end of his RINO terms, taxpayers had paid more cash out as corporate welfare (S&L bailout, !st pvt security purchases by FED to prop up securities mkts) than they paid as welfare to poor individuals. Reagan was like a carnival magician waving one hand wildly to keep the rubes' , locked on while the other hand picked their pockets. Nutballs still excuse all that by telling friends the simple old fuck made them feel good. Wow. So did the last whore I was with, only that was about a trillion dollars less.

Both sides can throw some serious stuff at each other now, but who caused this nation to become so weak that it became attacked is what needs to be put to rest somehow, and who is furthering this weakness in which allows these attacks to continue right on ? Is it a Party and their Presidents political beliefs, along with his policies that are causing these weaknesses (or) is it an ideology and/or cultural theology in which a party and it's President believes, that is continually causing these weakness problems we are having
?

It has nothing to do with party. Both major parties are wholly owned subsidiaries of corporations. Nutballs are owned lock, stock and cross by finance, defense industries, and medical professionals while the fake-liberal freakshow is owned right down to its multicultural salad bowl by finance, lawyers and government unions.

The idea ONE of the parties to blame is almost cute it is so pathetically naive.

Last edited:

But I digress...

Reagan also was dealing with the cold war and other military actions, in which he had done great things in keeping this nation safe also, and yes he had flaws just as the rest of them did of course, but when comparing apples to oranges I wonder who was the worst of them all ?

DJ comment: Reagan was by far the worst. He tripled the national debt. No conservative would do that. His voodoo economics pumped the economy full of debt, then called it "new economy" goodness to the applause of halfwit America. And as he borrowed, markets crashed, bank sectors failed, and by the end of his RINO terms, taxpayers had paid more cash out as corporate welfare (S&L bailout, !st pvt security purchases by FED to prop up securities mkts) than they paid as welfare to poor individuals. Reagan was like a carnival magician waving one hand wildly to keep the rubes' , locked on while the other hand picked their pockets. Nutballs still excuse all that by telling friends the simple old fuck made them feel good. Wow. So did the last whore I was with, only that was about a trillion dollars less.

Both sides can throw some serious stuff at each other now, but who caused this nation to become so weak that it became attacked is what needs to be put to rest somehow, and who is furthering this weakness in which allows these attacks to continue right on ? Is it a Party and their Presidents political beliefs, along with his policies that are causing these weaknesses (or) is it an ideology and/or cultural theology in which a party and it's President believes, that is continually causing these weakness problems we are having
?

It has nothing to do with party. Both major parties are wholly owned subsidiaries of corporations. Nutballs are owned lock, stock and cross by finance, defense industries, and medical professionals while the fake-liberal freakshow is owned right down to its multicultural salad bowl by finance, lawyers and government unions.

The idea ONE of the parties to blame is almost cute it is so pathetically naive.
I'm glad I provided a platform for further debate, now carry on as this is some good stuff being generated here.. Hope all parties or interested individuals will join in on the back and forth, hec maybe a direct answer might be gained accidentally somehow. :)

the main reason I voted for Obama was that he was the legitimate nominee of my party, and I support the democratic party platform and all those who stand for office upon it.

Forum List

Back