Zone1 The Omnipotence of God

The Bible says God killed people.
In eternity everyone will be an immortal or resurrected being who cannot die. So it appears that the commandment to not kill is given only to those on a mortal world where murder is possible. Thus I believe the commandment to not kill is primarily directed to mortals on a mortal world. God is the great overseer of this mortal temporal existence and it is God's right to place on earth whom he will and to take from this earth whom he will. He is in charge of this mortal world and is God over all of us. It is his right to run this world how he sees fit. I don't believe the commandment is an eternal command since all are immortal in heaven and cannot be killed. It is given so that mortal mankind will not disrupt another beings opportunity to come to this earth. God judges mankind and is in charge of this mortal life. He must make decisions to make sure this mortal life goes as he has planned and if he needs to take some out of this mortal existence it is his right as God to do so. Does this make God evil? I don't believe so. God is God and it is his temporal mortal trial that he gives to mankind and it is his perfect judgment to give and take away the temporal life on this mortal testing ground. Perhaps God decides when to take someone who is evil out of this world so as to save them from greater evil. God is a righteous judge and we are not in a position to judge God.

In eternity everyone will be an immortal or resurrected being who cannot die. So it appears that the commandment to not kill is given only to those on a mortal world where murder is possible. Thus I believe the commandment to not kill is primarily directed to mortals on a mortal world. God is the great overseer of this mortal temporal existence and it is God's right to place on earth whom he will and to take from this earth whom he will. He is in charge of this mortal world and is God over all of us. It is his right to run this world how he sees fit. I don't believe the commandment is an eternal command since all are immortal in heaven and cannot be killed. It is given so that mortal mankind will not disrupt another beings opportunity to come to this earth. God judges mankind and is in charge of this mortal life. He must make decisions to make sure this mortal life goes as he has planned and if he needs to take some out of this mortal existence it is his right as God to do so. Does this make God evil? I don't believe so. God is God and it is his temporal mortal trial that he gives to mankind and it is his perfect judgment to give and take away the temporal life on this mortal testing ground. Perhaps God decides when to take someone who is evil out of this world so as to save them from greater evil. God is a righteous judge and we are not in a position to judge God.

And who told you this?

There was one time where he saw that mankind was about to have no free moral agency to choose and wiped out the entire world with a flood of water. He removed the inhabitants of a couple of cities for the same reason. The rest, he had his Israelites remove those who would damn the free moral agency as well. This of course is Biblical. Then, the same happened a lot in the Book of Mormon times as well.
In modern times, Good has risen up and destroyed evil as in WWII. However, we are sinking fast as a world into a Sodom and Gomorrah state. God will be coming and wipe the wicked off the earth.

For "God" to be "God" is to be unlimited. Human minds work with thoughts that cannot function without human words and language. Words and language limit.

Do you have any intelligent thing to say? Please give your side of this if you have one. Act half way intelligent :dunno:
He has given his "side" And however nonsensical , those that are so deeply entrained and therefore completely cognitively rigid , are best left in peace to live happily in their self created universe . They may be as mad as the proverbial hatter but they rarely do much more than pay their taxes, obey the law and the system and do their best to follow precepts attributed to Jesus the Essene monk .Make excellent pets pals.

Isaiah 45 verses 9 and following, we read, “Woe to the one who quarrels with His Maker—an earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth! Will the clay say to the potter, 'What are you doing? ' Or the thing you are making say, 'He has no hands'? The clay may not call into account the potter and say, “What are you doing?

He has given his "side" And however nonsensical , those that are so deeply entrained and therefore completely cognitively rigid , are best left in peace to live happily in their self created universe . They may be as mad as the proverbial hatter but they rarely do much more than pay their taxes, obey the law and the system and do their best to follow precepts attributed to Jesus the Essene monk .Make excellent pets pals.
No he did not. “and who told you this?” Is not giving his side. He should simply give it.

And who told you this?
It is an obvious deduction by study of scripture. Who in heaven do you know that is susceptible to physical death? If none, then what need would there be for a commandment to not kill?

It is an obvious deduction by study of scripture. Who in heaven do you know that is susceptible to physical death? If none, then what need would there be for a commandment to not kill?
I'm convinced that Jesus taught the apostles 2,000 years ago all of this. But, he told them also not to write everything down as well. And, he also said that all the books in the world could not contain everything he taught them as well. Even the Temple Endowment as well. I was in a sealing at the LA Temple a few decades ago where we were taught that writings from the apostle John were dug up in Israel that depicted some of what we do during our Endowment Sessions. It was dug up and reported to us by Jesuit priests and Baptist ministers. Hugh Nibley went over and they showed them to him. Of course, we cannot show them to the world because of our covenants and certainly the RCC and the Baptists aren't going to publish something that could prove The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. It's sad that so much of the world doesn't have our knowledge given by God to us.

So, if I study Harry Potter, it's OBVIOUS that wizards and witches exist?

This is really good. It’s why I say our Father is a perfected glorified man. Within all the intelligences there was one who was perfect and became Jehovah. Being perfect is why is became one of the Godhead. The Holy Ghost another. There were others who were close but not perfect as they were not ones who could always choose good. Adam, Eve, Abraham and other leaders.
So, what about Lucifer and the 3rd of the spirit children of the Father. Why were they not allowed to come and better themselves? What made their rebellion so bad that they will never have this opportunity? Perhapse they were perfect and chose evil and therefore could never be perfected?
It seems to me that there something about having strong knowledge that God truly exists and that He truly is God. Once acquiring such a knowledge and then coming out in open and total rebellion against God, one cannot be brought back into God's grace because they make themselves an enemy to God. Lucifer, whose name was changed to Satan and Perdition came out in open rebellion against God while living in his very presence and glory. Rejecting God under such circumstances may spell out that there is no forgiveness at that point. Those who were swayed by Lucifer and sided with him in the war in heaven were also coming out in open and total rebellion against God. This all happened in God's abode and being in his presence and glory. It is taught that once a person has tasted of God's presence and glory and yet rebels against God that there is no forgiveness of this atrocity. Cain was the same. It appears that Cain was likely partaking of God's glory and spoke with him and had a perfect knowledge of him. But he loved Satan more than God and thus was named Perdition himself. Those in this life who give themselves over to Satan after tasting of the goodness and glory of God become known as Sons of Perdition and suffer the unforgiveable sin. Apparently there is a high degree of enlightenment that one can achieve that once they reach that stage and then turn against God, there is no turning back. It is then that they sow and entrance into outer darkness and become the children of Satan to spend all eternity in hell.

It is said that God is all powerful. But what does that mean? Does that mean that God can do absolutely anything imaginable? In your belief how do you think God is all powerful?

1. Can God exist and not exist simultaneously?
2. Can God be an all good being and simultaneously an all evil being?
3. Can God do evil?
4. Can God create things out of absolutely nothing?
5. Is there anything that God cannot do?
6. Is there such a thing as eternal impossibilities even for God?
7. Can God cease to exist?
8. Can God be unjust?
9. Could God have created us perfect like himself?
10. Can God save both the wicked and the righteous into the same kingdom for eternity and have it be just?

In your personal view of God, how is God all powerful? What does that mean to you in your personal religion or philosophy?

all in the heavens are equal, all powerful can not be and is a desert fallacy ... more powerful would at best be transitory for the marygoround life that must exist there.

My personal opinion on the omnipotence of God is that in realm of all that is possible for man or God to accomplish, God is able to do all things that fall into that realm of possibility. However, I do believe that there are certain things that are infinitely impossible that cannot be done, not even by God Himself. This is primarily based on Latter-day scripture given by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I don't believe that God can create something out of absolute nothingness. I believe that the elements are eternal and also the intelligence of all living things are self existent and cannot be created or made by God. Mankind, I believe doesn't even come close to knowing all things that are possible with God or what may be impossible for God. We only have revelation from God which gives us light and knowledge as to what things are eternally impossible with God and what things are truly possible for God. So, for these reasons, I believe that in the realm of all that is possible in all existence, God is all powerful to do all things that are possible. However, I do believe that with God there are eternal impossabilites that not even God can do. I certainly don't believe that God can exist and not exist simultaneously.

It is said that God is all powerful. But what does that mean? Does that mean that God can do absolutely anything imaginable? In your belief how do you think God is all powerful?

1. Can God exist and not exist simultaneously?
2. Can God be an all good being and simultaneously an all evil being?
3. Can God do evil?
4. Can God create things out of absolutely nothing?
5. Is there anything that God cannot do?
6. Is there such a thing as eternal impossibilities even for God?
7. Can God cease to exist?
8. Can God be unjust?
9. Could God have created us perfect like himself?
10. Can God save both the wicked and the righteous into the same kingdom for eternity and have it be just?

In your personal view of God, how is God all powerful? What does that mean to you in your personal religion or philosophy?
God could be evil, and could be unjust, etc. But he chooses not to be.

If God is real even he must follow the laws of physics of this particular universe.
He designed these laws. Do not presume to know the limits of G_d or presume he is bound by earthly or even universal laws. We cannot comprehend the vast powers that he possesses.

My personal opinion on the omnipotence of God is that in realm of all that is possible for man or God to accomplish, God is able to do all things that fall into that realm of possibility. However, I do believe that there are certain things that are infinitely impossible that cannot be done, not even by God Himself. This is primarily based on Latter-day scripture given by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I don't believe that God can create something out of absolute nothingness. I believe that the elements are eternal and also the intelligence of all living things are self existent and cannot be created or made by God. Mankind, I believe doesn't even come close to knowing all things that are possible with God or what may be impossible for God. We only have revelation from God which gives us light and knowledge as to what things are eternally impossible with God and what things are truly possible for God. So, for these reasons, I believe that in the realm of all that is possible in all existence, God is all powerful to do all things that are possible. However, I do believe that with God there are eternal impossabilites that not even God can do. I certainly don't believe that God can exist and not exist simultaneously.
This post is declaring that "God" is not "One".

Forum List

Back