The OJ sentence was severe.

Perhaps if it wasn't televised there may have been a different verdict.

No. There couldn't have been any other verdict. The prosecution's case was horrific. The evidence was that the blood was carried around by Mark Furman instead of being logged in as evidence. Then the evidence was that Furman used racial epithets with respect to blacks. Then with the history of the LAPD, the minute Chris Darden told OJ to put on the glove, the case was over.

The Police lied twice the night of the murder to obtain illegal search warrants of OJ's property.

Furman not only was a flaming racist he had personal altercations with OJ in the past. And he just happen to be at the crime scene and happen to be the one that found the glove UNDER an air conditioning unit in OJ's yard.

Furmen's partner, an 18 YEAR vet just happen to forget procedure and carry a vial of OJ's blood around with him all day while he visited the crime scene and all the evidence collected at the worst lab in the entire Country. A lab that not once, but twice, admitted they sprayed blood around the lab by accident with evidence out and able to be tainted.

An excuse they used to search the property was that they feared OJ had been attacked as well, yet when the police knocked on his adult daughter's door that night, they did not ask her if she had seen her father, they did not ask her if she had heard anything, they did not even ask her where her father might be. They ask her if they could search her house for SHOES.

If the cut on OJ's hand had occurred at the crime scene several things would have been apparent. ONE, the glove on that hand would have had a huge cut in it. and Two his blood would have been everywhere at the crime scene.

OJ's bedroom was carpeted in thick plush WHITE carpet. If he had worn his socks supposedly soaked in blood from the crime scene why was it not a single trace of anyone's blood was ever found in his room, inside his car or anywhere else that was not tainted by the magic vial traveling around town?

How does one remember to strip all their bloody cloths off, successfully not get a drop of blood anywhere, dispose of the cloths, yet forget their socks, if he were wearing them he would have left traces of blood on that carpet. If he took them off, why did he not dispose of them?

Ohh and the best one? Why bring one glove home with you, properly dispose of all the evidence except your socks and thrown one glove haphazardly under an air conditioning unit in the back yard?

The stolen items that OJ claimed were stolen were also contradicted by OJ own words in a documentary where he was seen bragging about keeping memoribilia (he said were stolen) were held by his friend so it won't get into the hands of Fred Goldman, who won a Civil Case against OJ. OJ has told the court it was stolen. However, in the documentary, he said the same items were given to a friend so Fred Goldman can't touch them. OJ was laughing about it. So now he's saying those items were stolen. Yet in this video, he was laughing about having a friend of his hold onto it so Fred Goldman can't see a dime from it.

Just seeing this video, i hope OJ rots in his cell.

I know there has been one racist string that needed to be locked and I know that there is a comment about OJ retiring in Nevada. I want to talk about the sentence itself (alone) because I too feel that OJ was railroaded.

First, because I know I will be attacked by the racists, please do not make this a "I hate N.....s" thread. That is not the issue here regardless of how much suppressed hatred you have built up within you.

Also I feel that OJ was guilty of the murder of his wife and the Jewish boy (Goldman) who brought her her mother's glasses that had fallen to the parking lot. Boy, talk about being in the wrong place in the wrong time to return glasses from the restaurant!

I grew up in Mexico where they understand crimes of passion. OJ's wife had left him and was "with" other men. In Mexico (and I think in Texas) they understand when a man blows it and kills the woman who has had sex with another man. There is some sort of instinct that is triggered in some men where they feel it is an unstoppable impulse to remove that woman from the breeding pool. OJ would have done five years in a Mexican prison for the dual murder and have been released because it was a crime of passion.

If OJ had retrieved his stolen items in New Jersey, the law there provides for him to go in and take it without penalty. If sued, he only would have to prove that it was his and he would have been off scot free.

Now, if in New Jersey any man brought a gun with him, he would be tried on the gun charge seperately. OJ did not have a gun, so if the crime was in New Jersey he would have been tried for taking the property that was not his. I believe he had some of that, so would have done a year or less.

Yet, he committed his crime in Lost Wages, and because of the complexity of the law in that state, he has to do 9 or more years at a minimum. That is insane! It is excessive, and it appears to me that he was persecuted by the prosecutor simply because he got away with the murder of his wife and the jewish boy.

The punishment under the Lost Wages law was excessive. It would have been excessive for anybody and should be thrown out as such by the Supreme Court. I think he should have received four or five years as just recompense for his crime of passion.

Go ahead and call me names now. It is OK. I'm cool with it as long as I get to make up nick names for a few of you like Shitgun and dork.

Last edited:
"He's evil. I think he's the devil walking around on Earth."

The O. J. Simpson Trial: The Incriminating Evidence

All of the evidence can only point to OJ's guilt, nothing exonerates him, everything ties him to the murder, including his vicious beatings of Nicole before he killed her, his confession to Grier, and his admittance (fictional) of the murder in his book. The facts in the link above clearly show him to be the murderer, to deny that is to deny reality. As far as the mishandling of evidence etc that may be, but when every piece points to one person, overlooking the obvious seems to me deranged. Notice how much he tracked down the real killer, I cannot fathom how anyone could even doubt it. I wonder at the minds that deny the obvious? The only reason he got off was this particular jury, as the finding of guilt in the civil case demonstrated. Applying some sort of magical jurisdictional knowledge to the jury concerning evidence handling is off base as well. Given time one could find a jury who would agree with anything. Having served on two criminal cases and involved with several others, one can only fear for innocent people as well as society when the guilty are caught, as in this case.

Analyisis of the O.J. Simpson Murder Trial - Crime Library on truTV.com

OJ is pure scum his recent antics just add stupidity to violence.

"He's evil. I think he's the devil walking around on Earth."

The O. J. Simpson Trial: The Incriminating Evidence

All of the evidence can only point to OJ's guilt, nothing exonerates him, everything ties him to the murder, including his vicious beatings of Nicole before he killed her, his confession to Grier, and his admittance (fictional) of the murder in his book. The facts in the link above clearly show him to be the murderer, to deny that is to deny reality. As far as the mishandling of evidence etc that may be, but when every piece points to one person, overlooking the obvious seems to me deranged. Notice how much he tracked down the real killer, I cannot fathom how anyone could even doubt it. I wonder at the minds that deny the obvious? The only reason he got off was this particular jury, as the finding of guilt in the civil case demonstrated. Applying some sort of magical jurisdictional knowledge to the jury concerning evidence handling is off base as well. Given time one could find a jury who would agree with anything. Having served on two criminal cases and involved with several others, one can only fear for innocent people as well as society when the guilty are caught, as in this case.

OJ is pure scum his recent antics just add stupidity to violence.

A Civil Court does not have to find beyond a reasonable doubt, just the preponderance of the evidence. And he was denied a competent defense when the Judge REFUSED to let him argue the cops did anything wrong at all. That is right, the Judge refused him the right to mount a defense.

Perhaps you should research a tad more before you whine about things you are so ignorant about?

I know there has been one racist string that needed to be locked and I know that there is a comment about OJ retiring in Nevada. I want to talk about the sentence itself (alone) because I too feel that OJ was railroaded.

First, because I know I will be attacked by the racists, please do not make this a "I hate N.....s" thread. That is not the issue here regardless of how much suppressed hatred you have built up within you.

Also I feel that OJ was guilty of the murder of his wife and the Jewish boy (Goldman) who brought her her mother's glasses that had fallen to the parking lot. Boy, talk about being in the wrong place in the wrong time to return glasses from the restaurant!

I grew up in Mexico where they understand crimes of passion. OJ's wife had left him and was "with" other men. In Mexico (and I think in Texas) they understand when a man blows it and kills the woman who has had sex with another man. There is some sort of instinct that is triggered in some men where they feel it is an unstoppable impulse to remove that woman from the breeding pool. OJ would have done five years in a Mexican prison for the dual murder and have been released because it was a crime of passion.

If OJ had retrieved his stolen items in New Jersey, the law there provides for him to go in and take it without penalty. If sued, he only would have to prove that it was his and he would have been off scot free.

Now, if in New Jersey any man brought a gun with him, he would be tried on the gun charge seperately. OJ did not have a gun, so if the crime was in New Jersey he would have been tried for taking the property that was not his. I believe he had some of that, so would have done a year or less.

Yet, he committed his crime in Lost Wages, and because of the complexity of the law in that state, he has to do 9 or more years at a minimum. That is insane! It is excessive, and it appears to me that he was persecuted by the prosecutor simply because he got away with the murder of his wife and the jewish boy.

The punishment under the Lost Wages law was excessive. It would have been excessive for anybody and should be thrown out as such by the Supreme Court. I think he should have received four or five years as just recompense for his crime of passion.

Go ahead and call me names now. It is OK. I'm cool with it as long as I get to make up nick names for a few of you like Shitgun and dork.

I agree completely. I do believe OJ should have been convicted of murder, but this case had nothing to do with the former. Kidnapping? If this was a case of kidnapping, then so is any armed robbery that takes place. When have you ever heard of someone in the act of an armed robbery allowing his victims the opportunity to leave?

The charges were trumped up to the hilt and the jury was wrong. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been found guilty of anything or that he shouldn't serve any time. But let's get serious; this was a farce.

In the end, we have two horrible outcomes. It doesn't say much for our justice system. If OJ could be railroaded, then so could any of us. Keep that in mind when you cheer his conviction and sentence. On of these days it might be you.

OJ was found guilty of 12 counts of armed robbery and attempted kidnapping. These are serious charges most proven by audio and video of OJ himself committing these crimes - it isn't like he knocked on the hotel room door and said, "Look, I really want that stuff, please!"

The minimum sentence possible for these crimes is 6 years, as I understand it. This means that anyone, even one without OJ's background, would be sentenced to a minimum of 6 years. His own defense team has asked for the minimum sentence. Nevada's Parole and Probation department has reportedly recommended an 18-year sentence. This is the exact same amount recommended for Simpson's co-defendant...if true, then they weren't seeking a harsh punishment for just OJ.

For me...the bottom line is...he was found guilty on 12 counts...he could receive the minimum ANY PERSON would receive...or more. I believe that his own ranting and raving on the audio tapes and his gleeful bragging/chatting about the crime after the fact has damned him in this case as much as his past might have. If he gets more than the 6 year minimum it will be because of his inability to shut up and not brag about his crimes...

Gem, did you see OJ waving a gun around? Did he shoot a gun off. How about his codefendant. Did he shoot a gun or wave one around? Who had the gun and who waved it around? Or was is stuck in somebody's waist band. The guys who had the guns, how many years did they get? Did they get mor or less than OJ Simpson?

Mind you, I do not like OJ. I believe he did commit murder in California when he was aquitted years ago. I still feel he got too severe of a sentence for trying to retrieve his stolen goods. Nevada Law was wrongly applied to two men and hardly applied to the rest. Shame on Las Vegas, and Shame on Nevada.

I agree completely. ... If OJ could be railroaded, then so could any of us. Keep that in mind when you cheer his conviction and sentence. On of these days it might be you.

I so totally agree with your quote above. YOu know the injustice of the application of law is what makes me uneasy. It does not bother me so much that OJ is in prison. As I stated, he deserves to spend some time there. The way they railroaded him shows the world that if they want to put you behind bars, it can be done.

My old man, a doctor, was arrested twice by the police of my home town when I was in high school. Dad was out hunting two different men who had stolen money from him. Dad believed in "fair justice" but the cops made him surrender his weapon. They put him in jail overnight until he cooled down and sobered up a bit, and let him go the next morning with no charged crime.

That was fair justice. The men had done him wrong, and just the word that he was gunning for them with a real .45 was enough for both of them to move out of state. Now, that was fair.

If they had tried to put Dad in jail for two years for exaggerated crime charges, my family would have taken the jail down. Men in my family don't take no sheet from nobody if there is an opportunity to retaliate.

OJ had some rights there that were neglected. There are such things as mitigation and extenuation. I hope OJ's case is overthrown on appeal in a few years.

Last edited:

Nichole and OJ were divorced for 2 years and legally separated for nearly 3 years--- they were divorced because he beat the living shit out of her for years—which was proved in the murder trial.

You can try to justify his killing of her 2 years after their divorced by saying she stepped out on him—but you have no clue at all --you make me want to vomit.

How long—tell me how long after they were separated- legally- and then divorced is she to do as he pleases? Tell me why you term this as a "crime of passion" when they had been divorced for so many years? They were divorced and had been! What is divorce a crime when a man beats a woman in Mexico as well? Do you get to stalk the woman you beat for years then murder her?

It’s people like you that probably found OJ not guilty of killing Nichole. Tell me-- if OJ’s first wife, Marguerite L. Whitley had relationships with other men after their divorce would it be a crime of passion if he were to have killed her after the divorce? :evil:

i think considering the charges that were brought to him, this wasnt really a severe punishment. Unless you are saying that the charges themselves were severe

i think considering the charges that were brought to him, this wasnt really a severe punishment. Unless you are saying that the charges themselves were severe

YES the charges were bullshit. he did not use a weapon and he did not kidnap anyone. In fact the person that had the weapon turned States evidence and received what for HIS crime?

Using the logic they used on OJ then every single robbery is in fact a kidnapping. Research a little and let me know how many robbers in Nevada are also convicted of Kidnapping.

Ohh and if he stole their property how come the State did not turn it back over to the people it was supposedly stolen from?

Obviously you don't believe in crimes of passion. I still do and believe OJ owes society 4 or 5 years of prison time for the murders. He probably should do one year for the Lost Wages nonsense. If he does more than six years total, it is excessive punishment.

Crime of Passion? are you insane? He and Nicole had been divorced since 1992 for fuck sake! He had a HISTORY of domestic violence towards Nicole so this was no "crime of passion" he stalked her and murdered her and Ron Goldman in cold blood. If it had been a crime of passion he wouldn't have known to take such extensive measures to cover his tracks! Nicoles head was almost CUT OFF and you say he owes 4 or 5 years?

I do think Ron was in the wrong place at the wrong time....BUT I believe OJ went there that night with the intention of murdering Nicole.

and for this latest crime, he kidnapped and robbed someone....with a gun! that should get him a minimum of 15 years!

Crime of Passion? are you insane? He and Nicole had been divorced since 1992 for fuck sake! He had a HISTORY of domestic violence towards Nicole so this was no "crime of passion" he stalked her and murdered her and Ron Goldman in cold blood. If it had been a crime of passion he wouldn't have known to take such extensive measures to cover his tracks! Nicoles head was almost CUT OFF and you say he owes 4 or 5 years?

I do think Ron was in the wrong place at the wrong time....BUT I believe OJ went there that night with the intention of murdering Nicole.

and for this latest crime, he kidnapped and robbed someone....with a gun! that should get him a minimum of 15 years!

Wrong as usual, never proven and in fact the evidence was pretty damning that the cops TRIED to frame OJ.

Gem, did you see OJ waving a gun around? Did he shoot a gun off. How about his codefendant. Did he shoot a gun or wave one around? Who had the gun and who waved it around? Or was is stuck in somebody's waist band. The guys who had the guns, how many years did they get? Did they get mor or less than OJ Simpson?

Mind you, I do not like OJ. I believe he did commit murder in California when he was aquitted years ago. I still feel he got too severe of a sentence for trying to retrieve his stolen goods. Nevada Law was wrongly applied to two men and hardly applied to the rest. Shame on Las Vegas, and Shame on Nevada.

was any of that argued in court? OJ was the mastermind of a criminal act.

Wrong as usual, never proven and in fact the evidence was pretty damning that the cops TRIED to frame OJ.

the cops were OJ's friends. the detectives in the case were put on trial as a diversion. the prosecution screwed up because they did not present damning evidence that was admitted in civil court because they thought they had a slam dunk.

OJ did it. He was NOT framed and anyone who ever had a huge dog like the akita would tell you there is no way that dog would not have bitten anyone had there been the struggle like the one at the crime scene.

for me it was always about why the dog did not bite anyone. was he afraid of the killer(OJ)?

Forum List

Back