The OJ sentence was severe.

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Neubarth, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I know there has been one racist string that needed to be locked and I know that there is a comment about OJ retiring in Nevada. I want to talk about the sentence itself (alone) because I too feel that OJ was railroaded.

First, because I know I will be attacked by the racists, please do not make this a "I hate N.....s" thread. That is not the issue here regardless of how much suppressed hatred you have built up within you.

Also I feel that OJ was guilty of the murder of his wife and the Jewish boy (Goldman) who brought her her mother's glasses that had fallen to the parking lot. Boy, talk about being in the wrong place in the wrong time to return glasses from the restaurant!

I grew up in Mexico where they understand crimes of passion. OJ's wife had left him and was "with" other men. In Mexico (and I think in Texas) they understand when a man blows it and kills the woman who has had sex with another man. There is some sort of instinct that is triggered in some men where they feel it is an unstoppable impulse to remove that woman from the breeding pool. OJ would have done five years in a Mexican prison for the dual murder and have been released because it was a crime of passion.

If OJ had retrieved his stolen items in New Jersey, the law there provides for him to go in and take it without penalty. If sued, he only would have to prove that it was his and he would have been off scot free.

Now, if in New Jersey any man brought a gun with him, he would be tried on the gun charge seperately. OJ did not have a gun, so if the crime was in New Jersey he would have been tried for taking the property that was not his. I believe he had some of that, so would have done a year or less.

Yet, he committed his crime in Lost Wages, and because of the complexity of the law in that state, he has to do 9 or more years at a minimum. That is insane! It is excessive, and it appears to me that he was persecuted by the prosecutor simply because he got away with the murder of his wife and the jewish boy.

The punishment under the Lost Wages law was excessive. It would have been excessive for anybody and should be thrown out as such by the Supreme Court. I think he should have received four or five years as just recompense for his crime of passion.

Go ahead and call me names now. It is OK. I'm cool with it as long as I get to make up nick names for a few of you like Shitgun and dork.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  2. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    The prosecution had audio tapes, video tapes, and multiple witnesses. Guns were involved.

OJ got what he deserved. He's lucky no one was killed.

3. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199

I don't care if they have a feature length movie about it, the sentence was severe. Most of the stuff that he removed was his, and it had been stolen and reported as such.

4. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,124

I happen to agree with you on this but . . . I also have no problem with an exception to the rule. OJ literally got away with murder and I know that should not in any way have influenced this and I know the judge said it didn't but . . . I'm just saying . . . he finally got what he deserved, even if it was half-assed and backwards. I hope they lose the key.

5. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Obviously you don't believe in crimes of passion. I still do and believe OJ owes society 4 or 5 years of prison time for the murders. He probably should do one year for the Lost Wages nonsense. If he does more than six years total, it is excessive punishment.

6. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    My brother in law used to work for the justice department. I got info on the murders that most people don't know and let me tell you, it was gruesome. Did OJ get an excessive sentence in Las Vegas? Yes. But I don't feel one bit sorry for him as he did get away with murder and Nicole suffered before she died, severely. As for crimes of passion, yes they happen, but passion isn't an excuse for torturing and murdering someone. This isn't Mexico, at least not yet, it is the USA and we should be worried about our laws, not Mexico's.

7. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    And we wonder why we have so many repeat offenders to violent crimes.

At least now the prison football team will have a good running back and the fellows will have a new role model.

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,742
    OJ was on easy street. All he had to do was live the good life.. Nope! he's where he was always destined to be.. He needed to have controlled his passion... yep!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,742

:clap2:

the mark of a decent human being is being in control of one's passions.. OJ was a beast!

10. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    I laugh at OJ's discomfert.