The Ogallala Aquifer: When will the wells run dry? What then?

Even though Ogallala can recharge, it’s a slow process. Research from sources such as the United States Geological Survey shows that withdrawals from its water supply far outpace that rate.
snip
West Texas A&M University, and others, up to 40% of Ogallala will be unable to support irrigated crop production within the next 80 years. Other studies have even more dire news, projecting that the entire aquifer will be 70% depleted within the next 50 years.

I don't believe the university, it's Texas of course. I don't believe anything that comes out of Texas.

When we run out of water, look for high inflation on food, the Midwest is where most our food comes from. Corn belt. We have to use other aquifers. CA is the biggest, food will cost a lot traveling from CA, inflation, get use to it.
A lot of it is drought.
Conservatives, they don't realize precious earth. They don't want to have clean energy and the GOP is doing all to fight it.
Lol, the loony liberals dumped billions of fresh water into the harbor to save some dart fish. Liberalism is killing the planet. You know how much damage is done to the earth to make your ev car? Then to dispose of the batteries?

And this is why in the end we are fucked. People would rather line and up like the monkeys at the zoo and throw shit at each other than talk about how to deal with these sorts of problems.

When partisanship is more important than water you know we are a dead country that just has not realized it yet.
Many realized this long before y'all started worrying about water...

The point is, your painfully late to the conclusion of this nation's trajectory...

No, I am not. I have been saying this same thing for a couple decades, this was just one more example of it.

I'm old enough to remember parents praising their little children for bringing home a brick and putting inside the toilet tank ...

I don't suppose any of you [blanks] have a brick inside your toilet ... do you? ...

And this is why in the end we are fucked. People would rather line and up like the monkeys at the zoo and throw shit at each other than talk about how to deal with these sorts of problems.

When partisanship is more important than water you know we are a dead country that just has not realized it yet.
We stopped conquering nature or taming it. There is plenty of fresh water in the world. The location and some of it polluted are the issues. Piping it is an option.

80 years? Can't we get hysterical about something that might happen in a decade or two?

I know right, fuck are grandkids if they cannot take a joke and have no water left, we got ours and that is all that matters

do you have a link to this?

the biggest disaster of oil polluting water in US history was during the obama/xiden regime. They really dropped the ball there
Senate Republicans are touting their plan for American “energy independence” as their solution to higher oil and gas prices while demanding the United States revive the dangerous Keystone XL pipeline project to import tar sands oil from Canada.

The GOP wants the keystone pipeline.
[

Last edited:

Forum List

Back