The OLDER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty on Team Israel that argue the Palestinians don't exist, they are invented, they are just Arabs and that they should be sent off to other Arab countries. It's not just one or two folks here. I've noticed many discussions where there lack of rights is directly related to their lack of existence as a people. In essence - I've seen the same arguments you attribute to Team Palestine. I've also seen those who argue against the rights of Jewish people, as you describe - but I've seen just as much libel and demonizing and dehumanizing of the Palestinians.

There are a handful of posters on either side that don't do this, that actually dig into the issues and try to come up with solutions.
The Palestinians are definitely a tribe or sub-group of Arabic Muslims.

That said, when they constantly use terrorism as a tool and habitually murder innocent men, women and children, they become a force to be neutralized.

Add to this, if the other Arab nations/tribes/sub-groups really gave a shit about the Palestinians, they would have accepted them as refugees or helped them build factories in the Palestinian territories. Instead, those Arabs egged the Palestinians on to commit terrorist atrocities sending them a shitload of weapons, rockets and suicide belts and just enough food to live long enough to die as "martyrs".

sorry Devine, the Palestinians are a race of people, which the Jews are not.

Still pushing your anti semitic Jew hatred. The arab muslims calling themselves palestinians are a mongrel nation of many ethnicities, races, nationalities and beliefs, They have never been one people because of the concept of islam, and have only one thing in common islamonazi mentallity.

The Jews are a proven seperate race that has no genetic links to the arab muslims other than that of the human Genome. The arab muslims you hero worship come from all of the islamic world just to fight the Jews and get beaten every time.

ALL YOU HAVE IS YOUR HATE SITES AND PROPAGANDA THAT DOES NOT SUPPORT MOST OF YOUR CLAIMS
The Jews are NOT a RACE anymore as I have explained clearly to you

No you have stated your opinion, you have not explained or proved that the Jews are not a race. The only evidence you have is that from the extremist websites that have the genocide of the Jews as their overall aim. The definitive studies have shown that the Jews from Europe, America and Asia all have the same DNA chromosome match with the Jews from the M.E. who never left the land 2000 years ago. The arab muslims claiming to be Palestinians have a completely different DNA to the Jews which is why they refuse to have the test. They know that it will show they are not indigenous to the area and have recently arrived as illegal immigrants.

The fact that Winston Churchill stood up in Parliament and stated the arab muslims were illegally migrating to Palestine shows that you are trying to hide the truth. At most less than 1% of the worlds Jews are converts because unlike the muslims and Christiansd they don't go touting for people to convert to Judaism.
Your post is so hilarious Pheo,considering it was the Zionist Illegals that were invading Palestine at the TIME..........You Joker

A large part of what we consider Jewish culture today comes from the interaction of Judaism with East European culture.

I don't think that statement is defensible. But the objective reality of this statement aside, you are doing EXACTLY the same thing that the rest of Team Palestine does -- which is to argue that the Jewish people in the diaspora are not really Jewish, but simply Europeans.

What's the resistance to just embracing the idea that the Jewish people's ancestral and spiritual homeland is Israel?

How is it not defensible? Jewish culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not arguing they are not "Jewish", you can be Jewish and European. I'm arguing that they don't really qualify as "First Nations" by that definition and the main reason this "First Nation" stuff is being pushed is as a way to create a divide between and heirarchy of rights in relation to Jews and Palestinians and that region of the world.

I have no objection to the idea that the Jewish people's ancestral and spiritual homeland is Israel - in fact, I acknowledged their deep cultural ties to the region. Why is it necessary to insist they have "First Nation" status in the face of the fact that the ancestral Jewish culture has changed through the mixing of the cultures they've adapted to and why is it so important to deny this? The Palestinians became Arabicized, not sure why it's taboo to note that Jews became Eurpeanized.

Thats just it you cant be Jewish and European at the same time, as Europeans are mostly Christians and the two cultures are like red and black.The Jews kept their culture all the time they were in the diaspora and it has changed very little over the last 2000 years. The muslim ancestors that moved to the west 1200 years ago had the same culture as the modern muslims just moving there.
Can you provide any evidence of your claim or is it just something you have thought up to deflect away from reality. The palestinians remained Jewish throughout the intervening years, and it was just the migrants that came from the arab peninsular that were "arabized" to some extent.

Why is it necessary to insist they have "First Nation" status ...

Because it is far too common in the world today, even at the top most international level to deny the Jewish people's history. Its a defense against an attack.

Why is it so necessary to deny the Jewish people "First Nations" status?

Because then they dont have to look too closely their own faults and trangressions, remind them that they cant use international laws retrospectively unless they want them to be used against themselves. Give the Jews first nation status and they suddenly become protected from all forms of abuse, and a special case for the UN to protect.

I don't agree that Jews are "first nations", particularly given most left thousands of years ago, meanwhile the Palestinians include people who are descended from the same peoples the Jews are.

This is another argument for negating the rights of the Jewish people. Its the same argument used by the rest of Team Palestine, even with the attempt at subtlety.

No it isn't. So please don't put words in my mouth.

I don't base rights on indiginuity. That's nothing more than an attempt by Team Israel to negate rights to the group that is not indiginous.
In my opinion, rights of place belong to those who are there and have been there. Jews have been there for thousands of years, and so have Palestinians. They need to figure out how to share their land. That's my view towards rights and it doesn't disenfranchise either group.

The Jewish people "left", therefore they have no longer have rights. The Jewish people did not "leave". The Jewish people were genocided, ethnically cleansed and exiled. If you want to put forth the moral argument that genocide, ethnic cleansing and exile removes rights from people, in order to be consistent, you must apply that to the current conflict. Only the Palestinians who have not "left" have any rights.

A couple of points here. First, we are talking about events thousands of years ago. We are talking about a history that is largely narrated in a book of mythology - some stories are supported by archaeology, others are not. There is no way of knowing the accuracy of any accountings since, after all it is written by one people's view point. "Genocided, ethnically cleansed, and exiled" are not concepts that existed thousands of years ago, neither did the more rigourous vetting of historical narratives that modern reasearchers of history bring to the field. People fought, migrated, conquered, pillaged and raped with impunity and determining what really happened can be pretty far from clear so trying to apply modern concepts and terms to ancient events seems self serving. Even the concept of "rights" is a relatively recent one.

And, actually, I have stated this before: I don't feel those who have left have any special rights in regards to returning once generations have passed and they've created a home elsewhere. For example, the Palestinians that have immigrated to the US don't have any special rights to return. Same with the "right of return" - that exists only for those who were actually dispossed, not succeeding generations. I apply that equally to Jews and Palestinians. Any other rights are those granted by the state - in the case of Israel, the state has granted a "right of return" for Jews.

Of course the Arab Palestinians are descended from a mixture of the local population (the Jewish people) and the invaders. Who is arguing against that? That doesn't make them First Nations.

Why Team Israel of course.

So you are now denying historical facts to demonize the Jews the palestinians were the Jews until the early 1960's when the Soviets told arafat to give his people a name, and he chose filastins. In reality the arab muslims were evicted completely from the land in 1099 and never had any ownership or soveriegnty of the land since.

No we are talking a history that was written down by Greek, Assyrian, Jewish and Persian scribes for all to read. They are still available if you really want to educate yourself.
The concepts were known about and practiced widely by the arab muslims. By the 7C most cultures had ceased the depravities and started to look for settled lifestyles, the muslims were just beginning to flourish.

Does this apply to the arab muslims calling themselves palestinians then as they left according to their own accounts in 1947-1948, have they lost their rights if not why not ?

What international law introduced the right of return, and why hasn't it been enforced for the Jews and Jerusalem ?

Because it is far too common in the world today, even at the top most international level to deny the Jewish people's history. Its a defense against an attack.

One doesn't have to be "First Nation" people's to have a right to their own history, culture and narratives.

Why is it so necessary to deny the Palestinians "First Nations" status?

At the same time why is it necessary to deny the Jews first nations status as you have done on this thread ?

The Palestinians are definitely a tribe or sub-group of Arabic Muslims.

That said, when they constantly use terrorism as a tool and habitually murder innocent men, women and children, they become a force to be neutralized.

Add to this, if the other Arab nations/tribes/sub-groups really gave a shit about the Palestinians, they would have accepted them as refugees or helped them build factories in the Palestinian territories. Instead, those Arabs egged the Palestinians on to commit terrorist atrocities sending them a shitload of weapons, rockets and suicide belts and just enough food to live long enough to die as "martyrs".

sorry Devine, the Palestinians are a race of people, which the Jews are not.

Still pushing your anti semitic Jew hatred. The arab muslims calling themselves palestinians are a mongrel nation of many ethnicities, races, nationalities and beliefs, They have never been one people because of the concept of islam, and have only one thing in common islamonazi mentallity.

The Jews are a proven seperate race that has no genetic links to the arab muslims other than that of the human Genome. The arab muslims you hero worship come from all of the islamic world just to fight the Jews and get beaten every time.

ALL YOU HAVE IS YOUR HATE SITES AND PROPAGANDA THAT DOES NOT SUPPORT MOST OF YOUR CLAIMS
The Jews are NOT a RACE anymore as I have explained clearly to you

No you have stated your opinion, you have not explained or proved that the Jews are not a race. The only evidence you have is that from the extremist websites that have the genocide of the Jews as their overall aim. The definitive studies have shown that the Jews from Europe, America and Asia all have the same DNA chromosome match with the Jews from the M.E. who never left the land 2000 years ago. The arab muslims claiming to be Palestinians have a completely different DNA to the Jews which is why they refuse to have the test. They know that it will show they are not indigenous to the area and have recently arrived as illegal immigrants.

The fact that Winston Churchill stood up in Parliament and stated the arab muslims were illegally migrating to Palestine shows that you are trying to hide the truth. At most less than 1% of the worlds Jews are converts because unlike the muslims and Christiansd they don't go touting for people to convert to Judaism.
Your post is so hilarious Pheo,considering it was the Zionist Illegals that were invading Palestine at the TIME..........You Joker

How could they be illegals when the soveriegn land owners invited them to migrate. Or did you forget about that aspect of international law that was not extended to the arab muslims.

Your attempt at deflection away from the truth is noted and your anti Jewish racist attack is also noted

I don't agree that Jews are "first nations", particularly given most left thousands of years ago, meanwhile the Palestinians include people who are descended from the same peoples the Jews are.

This is another argument for negating the rights of the Jewish people. Its the same argument used by the rest of Team Palestine, even with the attempt at subtlety.

I don't base rights on indiginuity. That's nothing more than an attempt by Team Israel to negate rights to the group that is not indiginous.
In my opinion, rights of place belong to those who are there and have been there. Jews have been there for thousands of years, and so have Palestinians. They need to figure out how to share their land. That's my view towards rights and it doesn't disenfranchise either group.

The Jewish people "left", therefore they have no longer have rights. The Jewish people did not "leave". The Jewish people were genocided, ethnically cleansed and exiled. If you want to put forth the moral argument that genocide, ethnic cleansing and exile removes rights from people, in order to be consistent, you must apply that to the current conflict. Only the Palestinians who have not "left" have any rights.

A couple of points here. First, we are talking about events thousands of years ago. We are talking about a history that is largely narrated in a book of mythology - some stories are supported by archaeology, others are not. There is no way of knowing the accuracy of any accountings since, after all it is written by one people's view point. "Genocided, ethnically cleansed, and exiled" are not concepts that existed thousands of years ago, neither did the more rigourous vetting of historical narratives that modern reasearchers of history bring to the field. People fought, migrated, conquered, pillaged and raped with impunity and determining what really happened can be pretty far from clear so trying to apply modern concepts and terms to ancient events seems self serving. Even the concept of "rights" is a relatively recent one.

And, actually, I have stated this before: I don't feel those who have left have any special rights in regards to returning once generations have passed and they've created a home elsewhere. For example, the Palestinians that have immigrated to the US don't have any special rights to return. Same with the "right of return" - that exists only for those who were actually dispossed, not succeeding generations. I apply that equally to Jews and Palestinians. Any other rights are those granted by the state - in the case of Israel, the state has granted a "right of return" for Jews.

Of course the Arab Palestinians are descended from a mixture of the local population (the Jewish people) and the invaders. Who is arguing against that? That doesn't make them First Nations.

So you are now denying historical facts to demonize the Jews the palestinians were the Jews until the early 1960's when the Soviets told arafat to give his people a name, and he chose filastins. In reality the arab muslims were evicted completely from the land in 1099 and never had any ownership or soveriegnty of the land since.

No we are talking a history that was written down by Greek, Assyrian, Jewish and Persian scribes for all to read. They are still available if you really want to educate yourself.
The concepts were known about and practiced widely by the arab muslims. By the 7C most cultures had ceased the depravities and started to look for settled lifestyles, the muslims were just beginning to flourish.

Does this apply to the arab muslims calling themselves palestinians then as they left according to their own accounts in 1947-1948, have they lost their rights if not why not ?

What international law introduced the right of return, and why hasn't it been enforced for the Jews and Jerusalem ?

Have you even read what I posted? If you had, you wouldn't need to ask those questions.

One doesn't have to be "First Nation" people's to have a right to their own history, culture and narratives.

At the same time why is it necessary to deny the Jews first nations status as you have done on this thread ?

I'm an equal opportunity denier. I deny them both first nations status. Do you?

Last edited:
A large part of what we consider Jewish culture today comes from the interaction of Judaism with East European culture.

I don't think that statement is defensible. But the objective reality of this statement aside, you are doing EXACTLY the same thing that the rest of Team Palestine does -- which is to argue that the Jewish people in the diaspora are not really Jewish, but simply Europeans.

What's the resistance to just embracing the idea that the Jewish people's ancestral and spiritual homeland is Israel?

I'm not arguing they are not "Jewish", you can be Jewish and European. I'm arguing that they don't really qualify as "First Nations" by that definition and the main reason this "First Nation" stuff is being pushed is as a way to create a divide between and heirarchy of rights in relation to Jews and Palestinians and that region of the world.

I have no objection to the idea that the Jewish people's ancestral and spiritual homeland is Israel - in fact, I acknowledged their deep cultural ties to the region. Why is it necessary to insist they have "First Nation" status in the face of the fact that the ancestral Jewish culture has changed through the mixing of the cultures they've adapted to and why is it so important to deny this? The Palestinians became Arabicized, not sure why it's taboo to note that Jews became Eurpeanized.

Thats just it you cant be Jewish and European at the same time, as Europeans are mostly Christians and the two cultures are like red and black.

Where do you get that idea? French Jews are French in culture, language and nationality. Religious differences are just that, religious differences. Same with British Jews. It's like claiming you can't be Muslim and European at the same time. You can.

Have you even read what I posted? If you had, you wouldn't need to ask those questions.

Yes I have and you have never actually addressed them The arab muslims that left in 1947-1948 have they still got the right to claim first nations status ?

Try as I might I cant find any international law that introduces right of return, because the muslims block it when it is raised as they dont want non muslims allowed to enter mecca.

Do you even bother to read more than just two links, and then only the ones that support your POV

I'm an equal opportunity denier. I deny them both first nations status. Do you?

No just as I dont deny the Amerindians first nation status. The evidence is piling up against the arab corner and they are looking for ways out Expect either another attack on Israel or a series of resolutions in the UN

Thats just it you cant be Jewish and European at the same time, as Europeans are mostly Christians and the two cultures are like red and black.

Where do you get that idea? French Jews are French in culture, language and nationality. Religious differences are just that, religious differences. Same with British Jews. It's like claiming you can't be Muslim and European at the same time. You can.

No French Jews are Jewish first, do you know any actual Jews well enough to meet with them socially. Would they eat the same food as you , dress the same as you, go to the same church as you. Or do they follow strict dietary rules, dress in different clothes to the norm and worship in a synagogue. Their culture is the polar opposite of your and they may follow your ideals but outside of public life they are very different. No matter where they live in the world they have kept their individual culture and follow the tenets of Judaism.

You cant be muslim and European as it is against islamic law, the cultural differences clash and some times are shown as violent episodes when the European culture forbids the muslums their islamic culture.

No French Jews are Jewish first, do you know any actual Jews well enough to meet with them socially. Would they eat the same food as you , dress the same as you, go to the same church as you. Or do they follow strict dietary rules, dress in different clothes to the norm and worship in a synagogue. Their culture is the polar opposite of your and they may follow your ideals but outside of public life they are very different. No matter where they live in the world they have kept their individual culture and follow the tenets of Judaism.

You cant be muslim and European as it is against islamic law, the cultural differences clash and some times are shown as violent episodes when the European culture forbids the muslums their islamic culture.

The main question is why in a huge world filled with war and strife the OP is about a tiny strip of sand.
Maybe because it's in the Israel/Palestine forum :dunno:
Where's the Pakistan/India forum? Cambodia/Thailand forum?

Oh yeah, no Jews there.

By George I think he's got it....oh, but wait, there are Jewish people in India and Cambodia..and Thailand. Never mind, it's probably because those Jewish people aren't Zionists, didn't try to colonise those countries, disposess and oppress the natives, that there's no ongoing conflict between European settlers and native populations in those countries, so no point in having forums about them, is there?

The main question is why in a huge world filled with war and strife the OP is about a tiny strip of sand.

Oh yeah, no Jews there.

By George I think he's got it....oh, but wait, there are Jewish people in India and Cambodia..and Thailand. Never mind, it's probably because those Jewish people aren't Zionists, didn't try to colonise those countries, disposess and oppress the natives, that there's no ongoing conflict between European settlers and native populations in those countries, so no point in having forums about them, is there?
So it's OK when Buddhists, Hindus, and Muslims take land, but the second the United Nations hands a Jew a house, you shit a brick.

We understand you now.

...What matters is NOW, and a what matters is that any future must include the rights, dreams and recognition of both those peoples.

Squaring the circle, good luck with that. The Zionists don't want peace or reconcilliation, they want a "Jews only" state (or as near as makes no difference)- "Arabenrein". Palestinians want to be able to return to their homes of 1948 and be treated as equal citizens when they do. It's true some Palestinian extremists want every Zionist colonist out, and who can blame them, but the majority will settle for coexistance as equals in their homeland.

A slight disagreement. While what you say is true regarding Fundamentalists and other strict followers of a religion, as the stats have shown, many people in modern nations are falling away from strictly following any religion.

For cultural reasons, we see this more in the US than in Europe, but it also applies to Europe.

....Palestinians want to be able to return to their homes of 1948 and be treated as equal citizens when they do. It's true some Palestinian extremists want every Zionist colonist out, and who can blame them, but the majority will settle for coexistance as equals in their homeland.
Disagreed since they have to remove the Jews first. In their opinion, preferably in a box.

Oh yeah, no Jews there.

So it's OK when Buddhists, Hindus, and Muslims take land, but the second the United Nations hands a Jew a house, you shit a brick.

We understand you now.

Doubt it.

It's not OK with me when anyone takes another's land/country. But there are only 24 hours in a day and I can't spend all my time posting on every injustice. I see the conflict between native and Zionist colonist as the most obscene and unjust of them all, so I chose to post about it. Once this conflict is resolved, I'll go on to the next one, and the one after that. Understand me now?

....Palestinians want to be able to return to their homes of 1948 and be treated as equal citizens when they do. It's true some Palestinian extremists want every Zionist colonist out, and who can blame them, but the majority will settle for coexistance as equals in their homeland.
Disagreed since they have to remove the Jews first. In their opinion, preferably in a box.

The world would be boring if we all agreed, but look up the definitions of the words "majority" and "extremist", might help you understand my post. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back