"The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think"

time to look at another company for insurance ... if a insurance company is gouging you up to 120% then you have the wrong company time to look at a different company... ... one of my dogs has a disease it's like leukemia ....what I have to do is suppress her immune system ... one of the drugs I give her is call mycophenolate ... I first started paying for it at costco's @ $14.51 ...the it went up to 28.00 ... then 39 dollars... this last time it cost me 68 dollars... there is a site on the web that will find you a drug at a very low cost .... that's what I did... now I'm buying it at $14.51... my point being if you are dealing with a company that is gouging you for money, there's always another company that will do the same thing cheaper ... like I said if you have a insurance company that will charge you 120% above what you were paying, its time to look at another company ...

Once again, the law requires more things be covered (the ten essentials) therefore, it costs more. Since all insurance companies must now provide coverage for those services, costs will be higher no matter who you go with. Unless you go on the exchanges and get subsidized ... which just means that your costs are lower because someone else's costs are higher because they are footing a portion of your bill.
so what does it say about the plan that cost 120% more??? it says that plan had noting that would help the people who had it ... thats what it says...

Not true

time to look at another company for insurance ... if a insurance company is gouging you up to 120% then you have the wrong company time to look at a different company... ... one of my dogs has a disease it's like leukemia ....what I have to do is suppress her immune system ... one of the drugs I give her is call mycophenolate ... I first started paying for it at costco's @ $14.51 ...the it went up to 28.00 ... then 39 dollars... this last time it cost me 68 dollars... there is a site on the web that will find you a drug at a very low cost .... that's what I did... now I'm buying it at $14.51... my point being if you are dealing with a company that is gouging you for money, there's always another company that will do the same thing cheaper ... like I said if you have a insurance company that will charge you 120% above what you were paying, its time to look at another company ...

Once again, the law requires more things be covered (the ten essentials) therefore, it costs more. Since all insurance companies must now provide coverage for those services, costs will be higher no matter who you go with. Unless you go on the exchanges and get subsidized ... which just means that your costs are lower because someone else's costs are higher because they are footing a portion of your bill.
so what does it say about the plan that cost 120% more??? it says that plan had noting that would help the people who had it ... thats what it says...

I am only responsible for what I say not for what you (don't) understand.

Cool avatar. I've never seen that before.

Why not make a list of the things....besides not having a viable candidate....that will be responsible for the GOP not winning the WH in 2016.

As a business owner, I spend most days working to keep my business successful. It works better that way.

I don't worry that they can't win...the GOP will probably win with anybody. When the current administration has a 36% approval rating, it's not hard to see that change is inevitable. But I am still concerned that the right person ends up in office. It's not much of a win if the candidate isn't good for the country. Just look at the current situation.

As for your business philosophy, I can appreciate a good jab when I see one. Depending on how many people you have relying on you, that can sometimes be easier said than done. I also work hard to be successful. However, it is getting tougher and tougher to remain in the same profit margin due to the costs I am incurring thanks to ACA. Maybe you don't have that problem. Good for you. But there are many out there who are having to make tough decisions to let people like Mary go because they can't afford the healthcare costs anymore.

What costs are you incurring thanks to the ACA? Please....be specific.

Well, here in my area, the battle against setting up the exchange or not has resulted in the IRS re-writing the law and expanding subsidies for those states who chose not to implement exchanges. Giving 28 hours to full time workers is the only way we know how to avoid penalties that would close our doors.

Specific enough for ya? If not, too bad.

In its first qtr of operation the consensus is that GDP growth will turn negative upon revision. This is being blamed on show not Ocare. The second qtr. is not yet at the half way point but the excuses for negative growth this quarter are already floating: the slow down in China and Ukraine crisis; seem to be the most credible but they ain't alone.

Your post just proved that basing any legislation off of Republican ideas is a shabby move.

Public option should have been passed all along, just like Barraco Barner wanted.

What I just proved was that the federal government has no fucking business being in the health insurance business.

Derp.

no you didn't ... you didn't prove anything of the sort ...

Not true

right ... you might as well said OH yeah, or I know your are but what am I... that could worked here too ...

if you say you had a plan and it covered you with everything you needed, full coverage .. that means everything ... so the ACA gets passed and the health care you had now goes up 120% to pay for your health care that covered everything, that company is gouging you ... you should look some where else ... that's the only way they will learn not to gouge the consumer ... if you are trying to say well, they had to add more things to it because of the ACA requirements ... then its very obvious that the plan wasn't worth didly squat ... it also says if the plan has to cost 120% more you had a shitty plan in the first place to come up to ACA standards

here's what you don't understand ... again if a plan is going to cost you double, which by the way no plan has yet that Ive seen on any of the ACA plans has gone up 120% as a silver plan owner, I saw my plan cut in half of the cost .... almost 5 times cut the cost of the deductible... I went to 1200 dollar deductible when I had a 5000 dollar deductible ... It cover more then the plan I use to have ... so you won't convince me with your inability to understand what the ACA plans are and what they really cost ...what are these "the ten essentials" you speak of ??? I challenge you or anyone here to show us where your past health care plan ... then show us where these ten things caused it to go up 120% ... the name of that plan .... you won't come up with one ... all you're doing is quoting some right wing site and you call that your proof ... show us on the ACA web site ... that's what I call a understanding of what things cost and what are lies ...

Last edited:

here's what you don't understand ... again if a plan is going to cost you double, which by the way no plan has yet that Ive seen on any of the ACA plans has gone up 120% as a silver plan owner, I saw my plan cut in half of the cost .... almost 5 times cut the cost of the deductible... I went to 1200 dollar deductible when I had a 5000 dollar deductible ... It cover more then the plan I use to have ... so you won't convince me with your inability to understand what the ACA plans are and what they really cost ...what are these "the ten essentials" you speak of ??? I challenge you or anyone here to show us where your past health care plan ... then show us where these ten things caused it to go up 120% ... the name of that plan .... you won't come up with one ... all you're doing is quoting some right wing site and you call that your proove ... show us on the ACA web site ... that's what I call a understanding of what things cost and what are lies ...

You are truly the dumbest poster on here. Plans on the (un)aca haven't gone up 120% ... how the FUCK can they go up 120% when THEY JUST FUCKING STARTED FOUR MONTHS AGO???? What kind of a stupid ass statement is that??

People like ME and MR. H. and the multitude of others on here and irl ... OUR plans have gone up exorbitantly. And you're too stupid to understand why. More services need to be covered, more people are getting subsidized = SOMEONE HAS TO FUCKING PAY FOR IT SO OUR PREMIUMS ARE SKYROCKETING IN ORDER TO PAY FOR IT.

You blather on and don't even know what the ten essentials that the government mandated are? You are a rockhead. I've posted this info for you before but you just refuse to comprehend. The info is even on your precious (un)aca website. Last time, rockhead: https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/essential-health-benefits/

You're too dumb to even respond to, don't know why I even bother.

Your post just proved that basing any legislation off of Republican ideas is a shabby move.

Public option should have been passed all along, just like Barraco Barner wanted.

What I just proved was that the federal government has no fucking business being in the health insurance business.

Derp.

no you didn't ... you didn't prove anything of the sort ...

:lol:

romneycare needs fed bucks to keep going, its exchange is broken so they are scrapping it

obamacare is based on romneycare

You are such a tool.

Not true

right ... you might as well said OH yeah, or I know your are but what am I... that could worked here too ...

if you say you had a plan and it covered you with everything you needed, full coverage .. that means everything ... so the ACA gets passed and the health care you had now goes up 120% to pay for your health care that covered everything, that company is gouging you ... you should look some where else ... that's the only way they will learn not to gouge the consumer ... if you are trying to say well, they had to add more things to it because of the ACA requirements ... then its very obvious that the plan wasn't worth didly squat ... it also says if the plan has to cost 120% more you had a shitty plan in the first place to come up to ACA standards

You are so full of shit, billie. Now the plans are one size fits all, whether you need "all" or not. Imagine a couple in their 60's now have coverage for pregnancy, ect.

If it was a "shitty" plan why did your messiah postpone fixing those "shitty" plans? If they were that bad, he should have stuck to the damn bill and had them implemented, right?
No, he's playing politics and this whole obamacare just reeks with politics and your too damn stupid to figure it out, or.....your just a tool.

here's what you don't understand ... again if a plan is going to cost you double, which by the way no plan has yet that Ive seen on any of the ACA plans has gone up 120% as a silver plan owner, I saw my plan cut in half of the cost .... almost 5 times cut the cost of the deductible... I went to 1200 dollar deductible when I had a 5000 dollar deductible ... It cover more then the plan I use to have ... so you won't convince me with your inability to understand what the ACA plans are and what they really cost

Premiums have doubled for individuals that buy plans off the exchange and make too much to qualify for plans on the exchange. The majority of this increase is due to the essential benefits that must be covered, no more lifetime benefit caps and no longer denying pre-existing conditions. The other costs are because of new taxes fees of the law that have burdened the health insurance companies to help pay subsidies for those on the exchange.

...what are these "the ten essentials" you speak of ???

ObamaCare Essential Health Benefits

You didn't think all of these extra requirements would come at no cost for those purchasing insurance off the exchange did you?

Last edited:
obamacare, the pile of poo that keeps on stinking.
The D.C. Council passed a unique tax on health insurance products Tuesday to ensure its Obamacare exchange remains viable when federal grant funding dries up next year — a concern it shares with 14 states that set up their own health portals.

Lawmakers unanimously approved the 1-percent tax on coverage offered on and off the city-run health exchange, a broad move intended to fund D.C. Health Link’s nearly $30 million budget without burdening exchange plans with the costs.

The District and the states that set their own exchanges must hammer out funding schemes to make sure their health exchanges can survive when Washington cuts off implementation funding in January 2015.

“The grants are there to get the exchanges established, not for long-term operations,” said Timothy Jost, a health care policy expert at Washington and Lee University School of Law.

The federal government, which runs the Obamacare marketplace for nearly three dozen states, is charging insurers a 3.5 percent “user fee” on the premiums they collect through the exchanges.

Meanwhile, the administration paid out hundreds of millions of dollars in federal grants to states that took on the responsibility of setting up their own Obamacare portals. Some of those websites fell flat, prompting recriminations on Capitol Hill and a reported FBI investigation of Cover Oregon’s failures.

The Minnesota state legislature approved a plan to charge insurance carriers 3.5 percent on the premiums that take in — up from 1.5 percent this year — so the state can fund its exchange, known as MNsure. The exchange’s board must approve the increase before it is implemented, spokeswoman Jenni Bowring-McDonough said.

In Nevada, the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange board increased its fee on participating insurers from $4.95 to $13 on a per-member, per-month basis.

Kentucky is also considering an assessment on insurers to fund its exchange, kynect. It already had one in place to fund the state’s high-risk insurance pool program, which was phased out at the beginning of this year under the health care law, kynect spokeswoman Gwenda Bond noted.

California’s exchange officials recently outlined a budget plan that shows $363 million in leftover federal grant money to buttress its operations into 2015. It plans on assessing a $13.95 fee on insurers per member, per month, to cover expenses through 2016.

D.C. Council passes tax on health insurance to fund Obamacare exchange operations - Washington Times

here's what you don't understand ... again if a plan is going to cost you double, which by the way no plan has yet that Ive seen on any of the ACA plans has gone up 120% as a silver plan owner, I saw my plan cut in half of the cost .... almost 5 times cut the cost of the deductible... I went to 1200 dollar deductible when I had a 5000 dollar deductible ... It cover more then the plan I use to have ... so you won't convince me with your inability to understand what the ACA plans are and what they really cost

Premiums have doubled for individuals that buy plans off the exchange and make too much to qualify for plans on the exchange. The majority of this increase is due to the essential benefits that must be covered, no more lifetime benefit caps and no longer denying pre-existing conditions. The other costs are because of new taxes fees of the law that have burdened the health insurance companies to help pay subsidies for those on the exchange.

You didn't think all of these extra requirements would come at no cost for those purchasing insurance off the exchange did you?

No, he thinks that some magical money machine will make it all freeee!

How stupid can one person be, he's rah-rahed this mess from the get go and doesn't even know what the 'ten essentials' are. :lol: He even has a plan from the exchange! What a dope.

here's what you don't understand ... again if a plan is going to cost you double, which by the way no plan has yet that Ive seen on any of the ACA plans has gone up 120% as a silver plan owner, I saw my plan cut in half of the cost .... almost 5 times cut the cost of the deductible... I went to 1200 dollar deductible when I had a 5000 dollar deductible ... It cover more then the plan I use to have ... so you won't convince me with your inability to understand what the ACA plans are and what they really cost ...what are these "the ten essentials" you speak of ??? I challenge you or anyone here to show us where your past health care plan ... then show us where these ten things caused it to go up 120% ... the name of that plan .... you won't come up with one ... all you're doing is quoting some right wing site and you call that your proove ... show us on the ACA web site ... that's what I call a understanding of what things cost and what are lies ...

You are truly the dumbest poster on here. Plans on the (un)aca haven't gone up 120% ... how the FUCK can they go up 120% when THEY JUST FUCKING STARTED FOUR MONTHS AGO???? What kind of a stupid ass statement is that??

(BR)well I would say its a stupid dumb ass statement by you ... oh how they forget ... hell its just one thread back and ya can't remember that far back well let me help you...

you posted
Hic!
Member #13669

Thanked 6,442 Times in 4,155 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Local insurance brokers are reporting spikes ranging from 35 percent to 120 percent on policies that renew from July to December. The increases are especially acute among employers with workforces made up of younger, healthier men. That’s because Obamacare prohibits offering lower rates to healthier groups. It also narrows the allowed premium gap between older and younger enrollees.

People like ME and MR. H. and the multitude of others on here and irl ... OUR plans have gone up exorbitantly. And you're too stupid to understand why. More services need to be covered, more people are getting subsidized = SOMEONE HAS TO FUCKING PAY FOR IT SO OUR PREMIUMS ARE SKYROCKETING IN ORDER TO PAY FOR IT.

(BR)your plan went up not because of the ACA ... your plan went up because instead of looking for a new policy you kept the company you had ... that company, not the ACA, but that company raised their cost on you ...your companies owners are too stupid to look around to see if they can find a better cost, like the other companies do ...so what do you and your loser company do??? they complain about what they didn't do

You blather on and don't even know what the ten essentials that the government mandated are? You are a rockhead. I've posted this info for you before but you just refuse to comprehend. The info is even on your precious (un)aca website. Last time, rockhead: https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/essential-health-benefits/

you may have posted it before I've never seen it ... so you're just assuming I have seen it before... the fact that you couldn't post it again, says you never posted in the first place after all, you republicans are know liars ... their aren't any government mandates where you get that from is beyond me ...

Last edited:

(BR)well I would say its a stupid dumb ass statement by you ... oh how they forget ... hell its just one thread back and ya can't remember that far back well let me help you...

you posted
Hic!
Member #13669

Quote:
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Local insurance brokers are reporting spikes ranging from 35 percent to 120 percent on policies that renew from July to December. The increases are especially acute among employers with workforces made up of younger, healthier men. That’s because Obamacare prohibits offering lower rates to healthier groups. It also narrows the allowed premium gap between older and younger enrollees.

(BR)your plan went up not because of the ACA your plan went up because instead of look for a new policy you kept the company you had ... that company, not the ACA, but that company raised their cost on you ...your companies owners are too stupid to look around to see if they can find a better cost like the other companies do ...so what do you and your loser company do??? they complain about what they didn't do

you may have posted it before I've never seen it ... so you're just assuming I have seen it before... the fact that you couldn't post it again, says you never posted in the first place after all, you republicans are know liars ...

:rolleyes:

A total immature idiot will be a total immature idiot.

(BR)so you're trying to say that people who make over 200,000 can't afford the cost ??? is this what you are trying to make us feel bad over ??? not going to happen... are you trying to say that drug companies, and medical equipment companies who are paying 2.2% of their gross income is this what you call a burden on a company that makes billions in profet every year really ??? not going to happen their either

your facts are very week here the site you used came up file not there

finally it went throught the site open hey its a computer they do weird shit some times
are you saying what a stand policy we use to have didn't have these things in them are this thats what you are griping about
1. Ambulatory patient services (Outpatient care). Care you receive without being admitted to a hospital, such as at a doctor’s office, clinic or same-day (“outpatient”) surgery center. Also included in this category are home health services and hospice care (note: some plans may limit coverage to no more than 45 days).

(BR) HAD this on my policy before the ACA

2. Emergency Services (Trips to the emergency room). Care you receive for conditions that could lead to serious disability or death if not immediately treated, such as accidents or sudden illness. Typically, this is a trip to the emergency room, and includes transport by ambulance. You cannot be penalized for going out-of-network or for not having prior authorization.

3. Hospitalization (Treatment in the hospital for inpatient care). Care you receive as a hospital patient, including care from doctors, nurses and other hospital staff, laboratory and other tests, medications you receive during your hospital stay, and room and board. Hospitalization coverage also includes surgeries, transplants and care received in a skilled nursing facility, such as a nursing home that specializes in the care of the elderly (note: some plans may limit skilled nursing facility coverage to no more than 45 days).

4. Maternity and newborn care. Care that women receive during pregnancy (prenatal care), throughout labor, delivery and post-delivery, and care for newborn babies.
(BR) didn't have this before on my policy before the ACA

5. Mental health services and addiction treatment. Inpatient and outpatient care provided to evaluate, diagnose and treat a mental health condition or substance abuse disorder . This includes behavioral health treatment, counseling, and psychotherapy. (note: some plans may limit coverage to 20 days each year. Limits must comply with state or federal parity laws. Read this document for more information on mental health benefits and the Affordable Care Act).

6. Prescription drugs. Medications that are prescribed by a doctor to treat an illness or condition. Examples include prescription antibiotics to treat an infection or medication used to treat an ongoing condition, such as high cholesterol. At least one prescription drug must be covered for each category and classification of federally approved drugs, however limitations do apply. Some prescription drugs can be excluded. "Over the counter" drugs are usually not covered even if a doctor writes you a prescription for them. Insurers may limit drugs they will cover, covering only generic versions of drugs where generics are available. Some medicines are excluded where a cheaper equally effective medicine is available, or the insurer may impose "Step" requirements (expensive drugs can only be prescribed if doctor has tried a cheaper alternative and found that it was not effective). Some expensive drugs will need special approval.

7. Rehabilitative services and devices – Rehabilitative services (help recovering skills, like speech therapy after a stroke) and habilitative services (help developing skills, like speech therapy for children) and devices to help you gain or recover mental and physical skills lost to injury, disability or a chronic condition (this also includes devices needed for "habilitative reasons"). Plans have to provide 30 visits each year for either physical or occupational therapy, or visits to the chiropractor. Plans must also cover 30 visits for speech therapy as well as 30 visits for cardiac or pulmonary rehab.

8. Laboratory services. Testing provided to help a doctor diagnose an injury, illness or condition, or to monitor the effectiveness of a particular treatment. Some preventive screenings, such as breast cancer screenings and prostrate exams, are provided free of charge.

9. Preventive services, wellness services, and chronic disease treatment. This includes counseling, preventive care, such as physicals, immunizations and screenings, like cancer screenings, designed to prevent or detect certain medical conditions. Also, care for chronic conditions, such as asthma and diabetes. (note: please see our full list of Preventive services for details on which services are covered.)

10. Pediatric services. Care provided to infants and children, including well-child visits and recommended vaccines and immunizations. Dental and vision care must be offered to children younger than 19. This includes two routine dental exams, an eye exam and corrective lenses each year.

(BR) didn't have this before on my policy before the ACA becasue I didn't ask for it

so when I had all this crap before, accept two things, you republicans are trying to tell me and the others by adding these two thing that its going to cost you between 35% to a 120% more??? well I got the same plan with these two things added .... that I didn't have before ... it cost me 250 dollars less ... so again who are you trying to convince, me ???? who pays 250.00 now and try to tell me less is a bad thing ??? you got the nerve to call me a idiot??? really ??? right back at you

Last edited:

you posted
Hic!
Member #13669

Quote:
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

(BR)your plan went up not because of the ACA your plan went up because instead of look for a new policy you kept the company you had ... that company, not the ACA, but that company raised their cost on you ...your companies owners are too stupid to look around to see if they can find a better cost like the other companies do ...so what do you and your loser company do??? they complain about what they didn't do

you may have posted it before I've never seen it ... so you're just assuming I have seen it before... the fact that you couldn't post it again, says you never posted in the first place after all, you republicans are know liars ...

as always ya got nuttin' here we have zoom ding-a-ling posting 120% cost and he couldn't seem to remember that he posted one thread back... and with your lack of brilliance to defend him you try and call me the idiot ... I hope you're not attorney, looks like you got egg on your face, and one lost case ... I love it when you republicans are cornered with your stupid remarks ... it makes you even look more stupids, if there's such a thing ...

as always ya got nuttin' here we have zoom ding-a-ling posting 120% cost and he couldn't seem to remember that he posted one thread back... and with your lack of brilliance to defend him you try and call me the idiot ... I hope you're not attorney, looks like you got egg on your face, and one lost case ... I love it when you republicans are cornered with your stupid remarks ... it makes you even look more stupids, if there's such a thing ...
I stand by my previous post, you only solidify my belief with your posts.

you posted
Hic!
Member #13669

Quote:
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

(BR)your plan went up not because of the ACA ... your plan went up because instead of looking for a new policy you kept the company you had ... that company, not the ACA, but that company raised their cost on you ...your companies owners are too stupid to look around to see if they can find a better cost, like the other companies do ...so what do you and your loser company do??? they complain about what they didn't do

you may have posted it before I've never seen it ... so you're just assuming I have seen it before... the fact that you couldn't post it again, says you never posted in the first place after all, you republicans are know liars ... their aren't any government mandates where you get that from is beyond me ...

You shithead. INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE RAISING PREMIUMS TO COVER THE TEN ESSENTIALS, TO COVER THOSE WHO WILL BE GETTING SUBSIDIZED, TO COVER THE FEES THAT THE FED IS NOW CHARGING, TO COVER COST INCREASES. You're a fucking idiot that you can not grasp this. Any lower cost plans ARE BEING PAID FOR BY SOMEONE ELSE. How? BY FUCKING INCREASING THE PREMIUMS ON SOMEONE ELSE!! Do you REALLY think that because YOUR COST is lower that somehow, someway NO ONE ELSE IS PICKING UP THE TAB????? You are too stupid for words.

I POSTED THE FUCKING ACA LINK, MORON. Go read it, don't go read it, I don't care. You're retarded.

Forum List

Back