"The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think"

There's a whole bunch of people in your shoes MaryL. And I'm sorry for that. As a business owner, I spend most days waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Here's the other problem though Mary... the Republicans have to be REAL smart over the next year in choosing their candidate. It's obvious that we don't have a say so in the process. The electoral process is an absolute joke. And when coupled with a very aggressive liberal media, the chances of landing a good GOP candidate are even worse.
That depends mostly on how good Obama is on defense. Voter preference is for divided government.

There's a whole bunch of people in your shoes MaryL. And I'm sorry for that. As a business owner, I spend most days waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Here's the other problem though Mary... the Republicans have to be REAL smart over the next year in choosing their candidate. It's obvious that we don't have a say so in the process. The electoral process is an absolute joke. And when coupled with a very aggressive liberal media, the chances of landing a good GOP candidate are even worse.

Cool avatar. I've never seen that before.

Why not make a list of the things....besides not having a viable candidate....that will be responsible for the GOP not winning the WH in 2016.

As a business owner, I spend most days working to keep my business successful. It works better that way.

I don't worry that they can't win...the GOP will probably win with anybody. When the current administration has a 36% approval rating, it's not hard to see that change is inevitable. But I am still concerned that the right person ends up in office. It's not much of a win if the candidate isn't good for the country. Just look at the current situation.

As for your business philosophy, I can appreciate a good jab when I see one. Depending on how many people you have relying on you, that can sometimes be easier said than done. I also work hard to be successful. However, it is getting tougher and tougher to remain in the same profit margin due to the costs I am incurring thanks to ACA. Maybe you don't have that problem. Good for you. But there are many out there who are having to make tough decisions to let people like Mary go because they can't afford the healthcare costs anymore.

Why not make a list of the things....besides not having a viable candidate....that will be responsible for the GOP not winning the WH in 2016.

As a business owner, I spend most days working to keep my business successful. It works better that way.

I don't worry that they can't win...the GOP will probably win with anybody. When the current administration has a 36% approval rating, it's not hard to see that change is inevitable. But I am still concerned that the right person ends up in office. It's not much of a win if the candidate isn't good for the country. Just look at the current situation.

As for your business philosophy, I can appreciate a good jab when I see one. Depending on how many people you have relying on you, that can sometimes be easier said than done. I also work hard to be successful. However, it is getting tougher and tougher to remain in the same profit margin due to the costs I am incurring thanks to ACA. Maybe you don't have that problem. Good for you. But there are many out there who are having to make tough decisions to let people like Mary go because they can't afford the healthcare costs anymore.

What costs are you incurring thanks to the ACA? Please....be specific.

What costs are you incurring thanks to the ACA? Please....be specific.

Just what are you saying?????? Please be specific.

I lost my job, benefits (insurance) last year. I worked there for over twenty years. So I get another job, in the meantime, lose my Doctor, he is out of the "network". I can't say just how appalled I am with Obama and this Healthcare delusion. On top of this, I strongly suspect I lost My last job because of Obama. What an out of touch political jerk he is. I will never ever vote Democrat. If the republicans put a rabid skunk up for election, I will vote for it. Because the dems are that bad.

Gee! You are the perfect poster liar for the GOP! You've expressed your outrage with the perfect lack of detail and evidence. You should put a call into Hannity without delay. He'll make you a star!

Bring your facts to refute what she's stating. You calling her a liar must mean you have evidence that she is.
Maybe you're trying out for a spot on the rachel madcow show, or a piece on mediamatters.

Anyone have any guesses as to what this means?

I haven't seen it on the website on prior visits.

Very interesting.

$1 doesn't sound like much, but neither did income taxes in 1916 nor SS when it was introduced.

It's the nose in the camel's tent in order to jack up patient payments in the future.

Obamacare is going to be the SALVATION of the Republican party this November., Just watch and SEE.

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Local business owners might be hoping the Affordable Care Act’s insurance mandates cover sticker shock.

The law’s employer coverage mandate doesn’t take effect until 2015, but early plan renewals are starting to roll in. And for some businesses, the premium jumps are positively painful.

Local insurance brokers are reporting spikes ranging from 35 percent to 120 percent on policies that renew from July to December. The increases are especially acute among employers with workforces made up of younger, healthier men. That’s because Obamacare prohibits offering lower rates to healthier groups. It also narrows the allowed premium gap between older and younger enrollees.

“It’s like if there were no more safe-driver discounts with State Farm,” said local insurance broker Frank Nolimal of Assurance Ltd. “Everybody has the same rate, whether you have three DUIs, or you’re a (nondrinking) churchgoing Mormon.”

The changes put as many as 90,000 policies across Nevada at risk of cancellation or nonrenewal this fall, said Las Vegas insurance broker William Wright, president of Chamber Insurance and Benefits. That’s more than three times the 25,000 enrollees affected in October, when Obamacare-compliant plans first hit the market.

Some workers are at higher risk than others of losing company-sponsored coverage. Professional, white-collar companies such as law or engineering firms will bite the bullet and renew at higher prices because they need to compete for scarce skilled labor, Nolimal said.

But moderately skilled or low-skilled people making $8 to $14 an hour working for landscaping businesses, fire-prevention firms or fencing companies could lose work-based coverage because the plans cost so much relative to salaries.

Employees who keep their coverage might see leaner take-home pay, which could hurt the economy.

Nolimal said one business client whose monthly premiums will rise from $160 to $340 in June plans to shift most of the increase onto his employees.

“Just like when you see gasoline prices going up an extra dime a gallon, it takes money out of the economy for things like buying a new stereo or having dinner out on the town,” Nolimal said.

The premium hikes could have political implications, as well. Nolimal estimated that as many as 85 percent of small-group plans will renew in November and December. Because new premiums go out 60 days before coverage takes effect, those price hikes will hit mailboxes in September and October — just before November’s elections.

Own a small business? Brace for Obamacare pain | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Romneycare-fail, obamacare-fail.

RomneyCare’s pioneering health insurance exchange is headed for the scrap heap.

Bay State officials are taking steps this week to junk central parts of their dysfunctional health insurance exchange — the model for President Barack Obama’s health care law — and merge with the federal enrollment site HealthCare.gov.

The decision is part of an expensive plan that would occur alongside a parallel, last-ditch attempt to still build a working state system.

A move by Massachusetts to the federal exchange would represent a symbolic blow for local Obamacare supporters. Massachusetts built the model of a state-run exchange in 2006, a result of the health care reform effort by then-Gov. Mitt Romney. The RomneyCare exchange, which helped the state provide health coverage to more than 97 percent of residents, became the template for the Obamacare version.

Massachusetts is the second state to begin that transition. Late last month, Oregon opted to scrap its $200 million system and join the federal exchange.

It’s unclear what either option will cost Massachusetts or whether federal officials will cover that expense. Massachusetts has already spent $57 million on a system that never was able to enroll people with subsidies start to finish, and its failure has forced the state to enroll more than 160,000 residents in temporary Medicaid coverage — at an estimated $10 million-a-month cost.

Massachusetts ditches RomneyCare health exchange - POLITICO.com

Bay State officials are taking steps this week to junk central parts of their dysfunctional health insurance exchange — the model for President Barack Obama’s health care law — and merge with the federal enrollment site HealthCare.gov.

The decision is part of an expensive plan that would occur alongside a parallel, last-ditch attempt to still build a working state system.

A move by Massachusetts to the federal exchange would represent a symbolic blow for local Obamacare supporters. Massachusetts built the model of a state-run exchange in 2006, a result of the health care reform effort by then-Gov. Mitt Romney. The RomneyCare exchange, which helped the state provide health coverage to more than 97 percent of residents, became the template for the Obamacare version.

Massachusetts is the second state to begin that transition. Late last month, Oregon opted to scrap its $200 million system and join the federal exchange.

It’s unclear what either option will cost Massachusetts or whether federal officials will cover that expense. Massachusetts has already spent $57 million on a system that never was able to enroll people with subsidies start to finish, and its failure has forced the state to enroll more than 160,000 residents in temporary Medicaid coverage — at an estimated $10 million-a-month cost.

Your post just proved that basing any legislation off of Republican ideas is a shabby move.

Public option should have been passed all along, just like Barraco Barner wanted.

Your post just proved that basing any legislation off of Republican ideas is a shabby move.

Public option should have been passed all along, just like Barraco Barner wanted.

And you have a right to your opinion, just as I do....which doesn't agree with yours.

:dunno:

Very interesting.

$1 doesn't sound like much, but neither did income taxes in 1916 nor SS when it was introduced.

It's the nose in the camel's tent in order to jack up patient payments in the future.

Covered Kalifornia said:
Federal law requires Covered California plans to collect one dollar of premium payment from every member for certain healthcare services
One dollar of premium payment...means *tada* premiums are getting paid!
...for certain healthcare services: means the ACA "essential health benefits" not subject to any co-payments, co-insurance, or deductibles.

:eusa_shifty:

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Local business owners might be hoping the Affordable Care Act’s insurance mandates cover sticker shock.

The law’s employer coverage mandate doesn’t take effect until 2015, but early plan renewals are starting to roll in. And for some businesses, the premium jumps are positively painful.

Local insurance brokers are reporting spikes ranging from 35 percent to 120 percent on policies that renew from July to December. The increases are especially acute among employers with workforces made up of younger, healthier men. That’s because Obamacare prohibits offering lower rates to healthier groups. It also narrows the allowed premium gap between older and younger enrollees.

“It’s like if there were no more safe-driver discounts with State Farm,” said local insurance broker Frank Nolimal of Assurance Ltd. “Everybody has the same rate, whether you have three DUIs, or you’re a (nondrinking) churchgoing Mormon.”

The changes put as many as 90,000 policies across Nevada at risk of cancellation or nonrenewal this fall, said Las Vegas insurance broker William Wright, president of Chamber Insurance and Benefits. That’s more than three times the 25,000 enrollees affected in October, when Obamacare-compliant plans first hit the market.

Some workers are at higher risk than others of losing company-sponsored coverage. Professional, white-collar companies such as law or engineering firms will bite the bullet and renew at higher prices because they need to compete for scarce skilled labor, Nolimal said.

But moderately skilled or low-skilled people making $8 to $14 an hour working for landscaping businesses, fire-prevention firms or fencing companies could lose work-based coverage because the plans cost so much relative to salaries.

Employees who keep their coverage might see leaner take-home pay, which could hurt the economy.

Nolimal said one business client whose monthly premiums will rise from $160 to $340 in June plans to shift most of the increase onto his employees.

“Just like when you see gasoline prices going up an extra dime a gallon, it takes money out of the economy for things like buying a new stereo or having dinner out on the town,” Nolimal said.

The premium hikes could have political implications, as well. Nolimal estimated that as many as 85 percent of small-group plans will renew in November and December. Because new premiums go out 60 days before coverage takes effect, those price hikes will hit mailboxes in September and October — just before November’s elections.

time to look at another company for insurance ... if a insurance company is gouging you up to 120% then you have the wrong company time to look at a different company... ... one of my dogs has a disease it's like leukemia ....what I have to do is suppress her immune system ... one of the drugs I give her is call mycophenolate ... I first started paying for it at costco's @ $14.51 ...the it went up to 28.00 ... then 39 dollars... this last time it cost me 68 dollars... there is a site on the web that will find you a drug at a very low cost .... that's what I did... now I'm buying it at $14.51... my point being if you are dealing with a company that is gouging you for money, there's always another company that will do the same thing cheaper ... like I said if you have a insurance company that will charge you 120% above what you were paying, its time to look at another company ...

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

time to look at another company for insurance ... if a insurance company is gouging you up to 120% then you have the wrong company time to look at a different company... ... one of my dogs has a disease it's like leukemia ....what I have to do is suppress her immune system ... one of the drugs I give her is call mycophenolate ... I first started paying for it at costco's @ $14.51 ...the it went up to 28.00 ... then 39 dollars... this last time it cost me 68 dollars... there is a site on the web that will find you a drug at a very low cost .... that's what I did... now I'm buying it at $14.51... my point being if you are dealing with a company that is gouging you for money, there's always another company that will do the same thing cheaper ... like I said if you have a insurance company that will charge you 120% above what you were paying, its time to look at another company ...

Once again, the law requires more things be covered (the ten essentials) therefore, it costs more. Since all insurance companies must now provide coverage for those services, costs will be higher no matter who you go with. Unless you go on the exchanges and get subsidized ... which just means that your costs are lower because someone else's costs are higher because they are footing a portion of your bill.

Last edited:

What I just proved was that the federal government has no fucking business being in the health insurance business.

Derp.

Once again, the law requires more things be covered (the ten essentials) therefore, it costs more. Since all insurance companies must now provide coverage for those services, costs will be higher no matter who you go with. Unless you go on the exchanges and get subsidized ... which just means that your costs are lower because someone else's costs are higher because they are footing a portion of your bill.
so what does it say about the plan that cost 120% more??? it says that plan had noting that would help the people who had it ... thats what it says...

What I find bizarre is that cost constraints in two services healthcare and insurance causing UE is being debated. Service= wages.

Forum List

Back