The NRA donated $10,000 to help train the Parkland shooting suspect to use a rifle

Why does the NRA feel the need to "warn us" about anti gun people? The ones that want to stop mass shootings in schools because they have a... "agenda". All snark aside. Who has the better agenda here: Wanting to stop mass gun violence in American society? Or the shameless promoting of firearms regardless of the harm they do?

Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who charged with murdering 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, honed his marksmanship skills in a school program supported by the NRA. Cruz was, according to the Associated Press, a member of the school’s four-person varsity marksmanship team, which received a $10,000 grant from the NRA in 2016.

Cruz discussed his AR-15 with other team members and was given the nickname “Wolf.” Another member of the team described him as “a very good shot.”

The NRA donated $10,000 to help train the Parkland shooting suspect to use a rifle

Wow. Do you enjoy passing on the lies of Think Progress? I am no fan of the NRA, but they DID NOT donate money to train Cruz. They donated money to support a legitimate school program and competitive team. I am certain that the last thing they ever wanted was for someone to commit an act as heinous as the one we all saw last week.

People like you and Think Progress do absolutely nothing to further serious discussion with the lies you spread. Your first thought is how to further your political agenda and make hay from the tragedy. Then, and only then, do any of you think of the victims and the families.

You, people like you, and outlets like Think Progress are no better than the intransigent gun rights advocates who see no compromise.

What a disgrace.

NRA has a bunch of balls blaming law enforcement on not doing a very good job in stopping this nut.

Really? Now there's 4 Broward Sheriff Deputies on scene when the shooting began AND NONE OF THEM entered the building? There's something SYSTEMICALLY ROTTEN about their training or rules of engagement. I'm probably not blaming THEM, but the dept. Because officers react according to the RULES and training.

As far as jrROTC marksmanship programs, THREE of those students were heroes and have already been awarded medals from the Army. ONE gave his life shielding others. Those programs are GREAT. They produce HEROES.. Far less causal to violence than sitting on your playing video games.

YOU and the sucky Think Progress fanatics are the ones with the problem.. Trying to impugn some of the finest kids at that HS.. What happened to "not sliming the victims" pledge you leftists adopted a couple days ago. Did it go the way of Hillary attempting to bully Trump into the pledge to "abide by the results of the election"?? :19:

I coached several Jr Rifle teams with my Dad for years. It's a great outlet for kids to find something that they are good at.

Why does the NRA feel the need to "warn us" about anti gun people? The ones that want to stop mass shootings in schools because they have a... "agenda". All snark aside. Who has the better agenda here: Wanting to stop mass gun violence in American society? Or the shameless promoting of firearms regardless of the harm they do?

I'll remind you that the Insta-Check system that is the center piece of "gun control" nowadays was suggested and PUSHED by the NRA at a time when all the left was focused on trivial crap like "waiting periods" and putting up "Gun Free Zone" signs. It's a partnership. There is a universe of expertise at the NRA on ideas and suggestions. And MOST of folks that know guns and responsibilities are already "the NRA".

Others couldn't tell an assault rifle from a match competition air gun..

The U.S. Army Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) has over 1,700 JROTC programs which represent all 50 states. U.S. Army JROTC has a long and proud tradition of service to the nation through the betterment of its youth. Military Services partially fund/provide uniforms, equipment, automation, and an accredited and rigorous curriculum. Other funding comes from the schools and private sector. Emphasis on the study of ethics, citizenship, communications, leadership, life skills, character education, service learning, and other subjects designed to prepare young men and women to take their place in adult society, serve as the core of the program.

Got anything else to say about our JROTC program you filthy lying scum liberals? Yeah I thought not. :anj_stfu:
Yeah it's a fucking joke.. Like the Boy Scouts...

I think if you want to see a joke, go to the nearest restroom and look at the wall with that big, shiny thing on it until you see a familiar face. When you finish, use the restroom while your are there. There will be another joke in your hand!

I went through 4 years of high school and college ROTC. My daughter did the same.

We have kids that get guns due to random crap shooting each other even the oracle of Delphi couldn't have foreseen. Short of banning all firearms what would have the proper response been? MORE GUNS! Which is worse?

Last edited:
The U.S. Army Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) has over 1,700 JROTC programs which represent all 50 states. U.S. Army JROTC has a long and proud tradition of service to the nation through the betterment of its youth. Military Services partially fund/provide uniforms, equipment, automation, and an accredited and rigorous curriculum. Other funding comes from the schools and private sector. Emphasis on the study of ethics, citizenship, communications, leadership, life skills, character education, service learning, and other subjects designed to prepare young men and women to take their place in adult society, serve as the core of the program.

Got anything else to say about our JROTC program you filthy lying scum liberals? Yeah I thought not. :anj_stfu:

That speaks volumes about you.
Yes I can see a sham duty post when I see one...

I find your posts repulsive, are you a liberal?
I couldn't care less.... The ROTC program is for booger eating cream puffs that can't handle basic training...People use it to get money while in college...

Totally and completely clueless! That's par for the course for idiots like you!

I was in high school Air Force ROTC, but I joined the Navy. I went through boot camp and 15 month later got an ROTC scholarship. About half our students were prior enlisted, so your booger eating cream puffs obviously could handle it.

You also don't understand the program. You don't get paid unless you are on scholarship. My daughter was one of two in her freshman Army ROTC class that got the full ride. Many of her class were also prior enlisted.

Why do you intentionally embarrass yourself like this?

We have kids that get guns due to random crap shooting each other even the oracle of Delphi couldn't have foreseen. Short of banning all firearms what would have the proper response been? MORE GUNS!

Parenting and teaching responsibility? Sucks when kids run wild. Real eye opener to move from Cali to Tenn. In Cali -- parents still arranging play dates for kids nearly in High School. In Tenn, driving ATVs at 10 and playing paintball in the woods. Parents TRUST them. And they are largely trust-worthy..

I was competing on rifle teams at 15 and flying airplanes at 16. It's a way of life. Not a Bill out of Congress..

We have kids that get guns due to random crap shooting each other even the oracle of Delphi couldn't have foreseen. Short of banning all firearms what would have the proper response been? MORE GUNS! Which is worse?

How about the mental health professionals and cops simply DO THEIR FUCKING JOBS?

Cruz's mental health issues should have been documented and prevented his getting a weapon, the local cops did not follow up on his numerous police calls, and the FBI should have acted in their received tips.

How many murders were committed by NRA members last year?

How many school shootings by NRA members?

How about the mental health professionals and cops simply DO THEIR FUCKING JOBS?

Cruz's mental health issues should have been documented and prevented his getting a weapon, the local cops did not follow up on his numerous police calls, and the FBI should have acted in their received tips.
Yeah, mental health and video games too. I saw the results of the Texas U tower shooter back in 66'. Chapman legally bought his sniper rifle, he then went on a rampage given his 2nd amendment right. Is this what the amendment about? Giving guns out unquestionably to whomever? Who was Charles Chapman defending himself FROM?

:cuckoo:

:cuckoo:
That's the best you can do? An emoji?

Your post didn't deserve any discussion,

it didn't get any.

and this: "We have kids that get guns due to random crap shooting each other ", makes no sense at all

So what specifically does NRA do to make sure this won't happen again?

Not much when their main goal is to lobby for gun sales.

To answer your question...what they are doing is trying to convince the
Public to arm themselves, because the FBI and Locals are not going to
protect them.

People have known that for a long time, they don't need the NRA to convince them.

The Police arrive after a crime, not before a crime.

It's the person behind the firearm.
Not the firearm itself.

If that was true Switzerland would be swimming a sea of gun violence.
They aren't .

I have read this before, many more times than I like to say. Guns DO kill, it's what they were designed to do after all. Yes. And Cars were designed as transportation, for instance but are responsible for (in peacetime) far more fatalities, I have also had that pointed out to me. Well given the pollution, and unintended effects, accidents they kill far more than guns, overall. I still stand beside repealing the 2nd Amendment. Sandy hook and the recent mass shooting in Las Vegas or even going back to the Texas U tower shooter in 1966 were avoidable. And we can still avoid mass shootings, because nobody need guns NOW... and since the second amendment was written during the era of flintlocks & muzzle loaders it's a anachronism in the era of machine guns and bump stocks. We need to address that, not just let it go. No more school shootings, end that.

Last edited:
I have read this before, many more times than I like to say. Guns DO kill, it's what they were designed to do after all. Yes. And Cars were designed as transportation, for instance but are responsible for (in peacetime) far more fatalities, I have also had that pointed out to me. Well given the pollution, and unintended effects, accidents they kill far more than guns, overall. I still stand beside repealing the 2nd Amendment. Sandy hook and the recent mass shooting in Las Vegas or even going back to the Texas U tower shooter in 1966 were avoidable. And we can still avoid mass shootings, because nobody need guns NOW... and since the second amendment was written during the era of flintlocks & muzzle loaders it's a anachronism in the era of machine guns and bump stocks. We need to address that, not just let it go. No more school shootings, end that.
NOW... and since the second amendment was written during the era of flintlocks & muzzle loaders it's a anachronism in the era of machine guns and bump stocks.

and since the First Amendment was written during the era of the printing press, it shouldn't cover television, radio, computers, etc.

That speaks volumes about you.
Yes I can see a sham duty post when I see one...

I find your posts repulsive, are you a liberal?
I couldn't care less.... The ROTC program is for booger eating cream puffs that can't handle basic training...People use it to get money while in college...

Totally and completely clueless! That's par for the course for idiots like you!

I was in high school Air Force ROTC, but I joined the Navy. I went through boot camp and 15 month later got an ROTC scholarship. About half our students were prior enlisted, so your booger eating cream puffs obviously could handle it.

You also don't understand the program. You don't get paid unless you are on scholarship. My daughter was one of two in her freshman Army ROTC class that got the full ride. Many of her class were also prior enlisted.

Why do you intentionally embarrass yourself like this?
The Army ROTC is a joke...But you may enjoy it all you like..

We have kids that get guns due to random crap shooting each other even the oracle of Delphi couldn't have foreseen. Short of banning all firearms what would have the proper response been? MORE GUNS!

Parenting and teaching responsibility? Sucks when kids run wild. Real eye opener to move from Cali to Tenn. In Cali -- parents still arranging play dates for kids nearly in High School. In Tenn, driving ATVs at 10 and playing paintball in the woods. Parents TRUST them. And they are largely trust-worthy..

I was competing on rifle teams at 15 and flying airplanes at 16. It's a way of life. Not a Bill out of Congress..
Several kids have died from ATV riding in the woods around here..

Forum List

Back