THE "NON-RECOVERY"

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
So, unemployment is down, the stock market is up, and the folks in Washington D.C. are bragging and gloating about positive economic news. But, wait, lets look at reality and see what is really happening.

5 Facts That Show Half of America Is Seriously Struggling.
The media celebrates "economic growth," while new data shows most Americans are barely surviving.
Happy Monday! S&P 500 now up 10% for year --CNN Money
Third-quarter U.S. economic growth strongest in 11 years --
Reuters
The U.S. economy is on a tear --
Wall Street Journal

(1) -- No Money for Unexpected Bills
(2) -- 40 Percent Collapse in Household Wealth
(3) -- Cost of Living Surges as Income Falls
(4) -- Lots of New Jobs (Below Living Wage)
(5) -- Our Greatest Shame: Half of the Children Feeling Poverty

5 Facts That Show Half of America Is Seriously Struggling Alternet
________________________________________________________________________________________

What recovery? The facts do not support the rhetoric. Main Street America is not Wall Street. Political talking points, especially those generated in the oval office, do not correspond to reality and economic conditions of John Q. Public.

So, unemployment is down, the stock market is up, and the folks in Washington D.C. are bragging and gloating about positive economic news. But, wait, lets look at reality and see what is really happening.

The media celebrates "economic growth," while new data shows most Americans are barely surviving.
Reuters
Wall Street Journal

________________________________________________________________________________________

What recovery? The facts do not support the rhetoric. Main Street America is not Wall Street. Political talking points, especially those generated in the oval office, do not correspond to reality and economic conditions of John Q. Public.

I'm used to living this whey....
..If people don't like low wages, get a damn trade
...children are more hurt by spoiling than poverty
....People were living beyond their means in the first place
.....Savings, pay yourself first....others second....

The nations people are fat anf bloated, this is a sure sign that people are eating too much, cut back and use the money else where...

God if my grandparents had whined like this the greatest generation would not have been....

• Banned

Reuters
Wall Street Journal

The nations people are fat anf bloated, this is a sure sign that people are eating too much, cut back and use the money else where...

God if my grandparents had whined like this the greatest generation would not have been....
Your grandparents didn't experience the same kind of socioeconomic decline as we're seeing today. Your grandparents saw and experienced the boom years from the end of WWII until the early 70's. We whine because we've gone from boom to bust.

Reuters
Wall Street Journal

Your grandparents didn't experience the same kind of socioeconomic decline as we're seeing today. Your grandparents saw and experienced the boom years from the end of WWII until the early 70's. We whine because we've gone from boom to bust.
My grandparents lived through the great depression and the dust bowl era of OKiehoma, they lost their farms and still made it, Don't give me feeble excuses, get a plan, and make it work.....

• Banned

Reuters
Wall Street Journal

My grandparents lived through the great depression and the dust bowl era of OKiehoma, they lost their farms and still made it, Don't give me feeble excuses, get a plan, and make it work.....
Yes, they went from nothing to a booming economy. But, we're going from boom to bust. Big difference.

Reuters
Wall Street Journal

Yes, they went from nothing to a booming economy. But, we're going from boom to bust. Big difference.
So you are saying that my Papa that was born in 1896 did not live through the boom of the 1920's?? Stop making excuses and get tough, get mean, survival is not that bad when you over come your fears...

• Banned

Reuters
Wall Street Journal

So you are saying that my Papa that was born in 1896 did not live through the boom of the 1920's?? Stop making excuses and get tough, get mean, survival is not that bad when you over come your fears...
It's NOT fear, it's reality.

Bullshit...reality is what you make, not what some else makes for you....You either take life laying down of you fight it with all you've got.. That is what makes winners...
rocky-balboa-quotes-hd-wallpaper-1.jpg

Bullshit...reality is what you make, not what some else makes for you....You either take life laying down of you fight it with all you've got.. That is what makes winners...
You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect your right to express it. But, you forgot to mention the key word, "Opportunity".

You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect your right to express it. But, you forgot to mention the key word, "Opportunity".
My opportunity as being self employed was getting off my ass and advertising myself..I started during Reagan when the economy was flat, worked for less and made sure my product was one that made my name...I also ran the same business during the Bush recession called Black Monday, I still run a business and I still get work.....My greatest decline in work was during Boosh and the illegal invasion, I simply bid on jobs I knew they could get..Like commercial and govt. jobs.....
They are screaming for workers in NW Ark...come one down.....

My opportunity as being self employed was getting off my ass and advertising myself..I started during Reagan when the economy was flat, worked for less and made sure my product was one that made my name...I also ran the same business during the Bush recession called Black Monday, I still run a business and I still get work.....My greatest decline in work was during Boosh and the illegal invasion, I simply bid on jobs I knew they could get..Like commercial and govt. jobs.....
They are screaming for workers in NW Ark...come one down.....
You did real well for yourself, take a bow. But, please don't assume that everyone has that same opportunity. Just because you were able to do it and have success, don't think for one second that anyone that tries it can do it. Not everyone has the opportunity to do as you did. You're judging others by your own experiences. Instead of looking at what you were able to do, look at the reality of today's world. Remember, the key word here is "Opportunity".

Reuters
Wall Street Journal

dear, the issue is always what to do given that the economy can always be better. Therefore:

1) eliminate liberal corporate taxs and bring back 10 million jobs
2) eliminate liberal unions and bring back 20 million jobs
3) eliminate liberal deficits and bring back 10 millions jobs

this would end unemployment and create huge upward pressure on wages.

Do you understand?

No matter who is in power...the poor/ middle class doesn't matter as long as the rich (truly rich) make money.

Reuters
Wall Street Journal

dear, the issue is always what to do given that the economy can always be better. Therefore:

Do you understand?
Liberal taxes, before liberal taxes there was conservative tariffs....

Reuters
Wall Street Journal

Do you understand?
Liberal taxes, before liberal taxes there was conservative tariffs....

dear, do you know what your point is??

Forum List

Back