The NFL can go to hell

DPR7gyjU8AESG3_.jpg

Still the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces last I checked.

Conversations like these, for the last year, make me feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Trump gets into a feud with the parents of a dead veteran, suddenly the lefties are all huge supporters of the military and defending the vets and their service against mean old mister Trump, to the point that, get this, they're mad at him for opting out of the Vietnam war! Because we all know how legitimate a war that was, particularly from a lefty perspective, and how angry the liberals always are about pot smoking hippy draft dodgers.

Then, Trump gets accused of colluding with the Russians to "game the election" (if you could use that terminology to describe saying things on the internet to try and convince people. I'm still not sold on that idea, personally), and all of a sudden the same people who cheered on Michelle Obama when it was the first time she ever felt proud to be an American, the same people who describe the American flag as a symbol of white supremacy, are suddenly self-avowed fucking patriots!

After about 6 years (voted for Obama in '08 and didn't actually start paying enough attention to regret that until a couple years in) of having it thrown in my face all over TV, news publications, and online political message boards that I was just a racist who automatically disliked anything Obama liked and automatically liked anything he disliked, watching those same accusers take such ridiculously reactionary positions every time Trump speaks tickles me pink, like white girl clitoris. (Thank you Pusha T for your wise simile)
No they were crying that blacks couldn't be obnoxious asshole

I didn't see any crying and by the way I did get a ticket long long long ago.
have you seen Penelope's sig.....it's hilarious.....

it describes the Clintons, but she replaces it with trump......

I'm about ready to change it to autocrat.

Autocrat would be perfect. All these executive overreaches in the last year. All those times that Trump abused executive power by, um. . . when he, like. . . uhh. . . limited immigration? Wait, no, that's actually his constitutionally appointed duty. Oh! When he tried to take over the judiciary by appointing judges to be confirmed by the senate! Wait, that's his constitutional duty, as well? Well what about his tax cuts!? Oh, the house and senate passed those properly? Well, fuck his tweets! He says mean things on the internet, and that makes him bad. Trump's bad, and he's rich, and autocrats are bad, and they're usually rich, so BAM! Trump's a fuckin autocrat!

Don't you miss when words like autocrat and authoritarian had specific meanings, before the democrats decided they were just metaphors for bad, designed to be thrown at anyone who dares challenge the narrative? ALL GLORY TO THE NARRATIVE

He just appointed two prosecutors in NY, one for his district and one for Kushner's district after interviewing them. He wants Session to be Roy Cohn, his nasty scum lawyer back in the day who was his mentor.
He is an autocrat.

Appointing states attorneys is his job, and, get this, THE SENATE HAS TO CONFIRM THEM! That means that a body of 100 other politicians has to vote on whether or not his appointment actually stands. An autocrat is someone who governs by THEMSELVES. If his action is not only a constitutionally enshrined function of his position, but it requires the agreement of another government body, ITS NOT AUTOCRACY. Holy shit, it boggles my mind that I even have to explain this. Please, try to contain your arguments within the scope of shit you know even a little bit about. I know there's a good chance that this course of action will mean that we'll rarely, if ever, hear from you, but you'll be a better person for it.

Still the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces last I checked.

Conversations like these, for the last year, make me feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Trump gets into a feud with the parents of a dead veteran, suddenly the lefties are all huge supporters of the military and defending the vets and their service against mean old mister Trump, to the point that, get this, they're mad at him for opting out of the Vietnam war! Because we all know how legitimate a war that was, particularly from a lefty perspective, and how angry the liberals always are about pot smoking hippy draft dodgers.

Then, Trump gets accused of colluding with the Russians to "game the election" (if you could use that terminology to describe saying things on the internet to try and convince people. I'm still not sold on that idea, personally), and all of a sudden the same people who cheered on Michelle Obama when it was the first time she ever felt proud to be an American, the same people who describe the American flag as a symbol of white supremacy, are suddenly self-avowed fucking patriots!

After about 6 years (voted for Obama in '08 and didn't actually start paying enough attention to regret that until a couple years in) of having it thrown in my face all over TV, news publications, and online political message boards that I was just a racist who automatically disliked anything Obama liked and automatically liked anything he disliked, watching those same accusers take such ridiculously reactionary positions every time Trump speaks tickles me pink, like white girl clitoris. (Thank you Pusha T for your wise simile)
I didn't see any crying and by the way I did get a ticket long long long ago.

Autocrat would be perfect. All these executive overreaches in the last year. All those times that Trump abused executive power by, um. . . when he, like. . . uhh. . . limited immigration? Wait, no, that's actually his constitutionally appointed duty. Oh! When he tried to take over the judiciary by appointing judges to be confirmed by the senate! Wait, that's his constitutional duty, as well? Well what about his tax cuts!? Oh, the house and senate passed those properly? Well, fuck his tweets! He says mean things on the internet, and that makes him bad. Trump's bad, and he's rich, and autocrats are bad, and they're usually rich, so BAM! Trump's a fuckin autocrat!

Don't you miss when words like autocrat and authoritarian had specific meanings, before the democrats decided they were just metaphors for bad, designed to be thrown at anyone who dares challenge the narrative? ALL GLORY TO THE NARRATIVE

He just appointed two prosecutors in NY, one for his district and one for Kushner's district after interviewing them. He wants Session to be Roy Cohn, his nasty scum lawyer back in the day who was his mentor.
He is an autocrat.

Appointing states attorneys is his job, and, get this, THE SENATE HAS TO CONFIRM THEM! That means that a body of 100 other politicians has to vote on whether or not his appointment actually stands. An autocrat is someone who governs by THEMSELVES. If his action is not only a constitutionally enshrined function of his position, but it requires the agreement of another government body, ITS NOT AUTOCRACY. Holy shit, it boggles my mind that I even have to explain this. Please, try to contain your arguments within the scope of shit you know even a little bit about.

You mean the senate who is turning a blind eye to Trump and his shenanigans. I do not have much respect for the Republican congress anymore.

Where in the Star Spangled Banner does it mention anything about the police?
The Star Spangled Banner is the medium for protests, not the target of protests.

What the hell gobbledygook is that? Why then would they wait to perform their monkeyshines during the National Anthem? Why not sometime later?
Did they get your attention, misguided as it may be? The purpose of protest is to draw attention to problems.

Well, presuming that the "problem" is an alleged unjustified shooting, they should be protesting at the local police station or courthouse where the incident occurred. Shitting on the entire country by protesting the National Anthem sort of misses the point. So when you have a misguided and idiotic protest like these NFL morons are doing, it serves no real purpose and just pisses everybody off.

I agree. The NFL can go to Hell. Repeat.

Don't watch them. The song itself is rather racist to begin with ,and who was free in this country in the war of 1812. Think about it.

Ok. I've thought about it and concluded that you are an ignorant dipshit. If you don't like our song, you're free to try another country you think is superior.

What the hell gobbledygook is that? Why then would they wait to perform their monkeyshines during the National Anthem? Why not sometime later?
Did they get your attention, misguided as it may be? The purpose of protest is to draw attention to problems.

Well, presuming that the "problem" is an alleged unjustified shooting, they should be protesting at the local police station or courthouse where the incident occurred. Shitting on the entire country by protesting the National Anthem sort of misses the point. So when you have a misguided and idiotic protest like these NFL morons are doing, it serves no real purpose and just pisses everybody off.

Don't watch them. The song itself is rather racist to begin with ,and who was free in this country in the war of 1812. Think about it.

Everything is racist to you..

Who was free in the war of 1812??
Whites, Indians, some blacks......but it wasn't about race you dipshit....that's the problem......you bring it into anything.........who was free in the Iraq war....everyone but saddams people.........who we liberated

He is an autocrat.

Appointing states attorneys is his job, and, get this, THE SENATE HAS TO CONFIRM THEM! That means that a body of 100 other politicians has to vote on whether or not his appointment actually stands. An autocrat is someone who governs by THEMSELVES. If his action is not only a constitutionally enshrined function of his position, but it requires the agreement of another government body, ITS NOT AUTOCRACY. Holy shit, it boggles my mind that I even have to explain this. Please, try to contain your arguments within the scope of shit you know even a little bit about.

You mean the senate who is turning a blind eye to Trump and his shenanigans. I do not have much respect for the Republican congress anymore.

first you never had respect for republicans
second what shenanigans....you need to be specific to make points.

Pretty simple solution, if you do not like it, do not watch the NFL. The POTUS has no business sticking his nose into a private business.

So you glad that obozo stuck his nose in Boeing and tried like hell to prevent jobs in south Carolina, what kind of hypocrite are you?

Oh yea you are a commie bastard.

No, I was not glad about those things either.

Once again this is the difference between you and I. As a partisan zealot your entire value system is tied to party affiliation. Thus you base "right" and "wrong" not on the action but upon who is performing it. If the action is done by someone from your party, then it is good and wonderful, if the exact same action is done by someone from the "other" party then it is evil and the end of the world.

I do not live that way, but I do understand that you will never be able to grasp what is like to not have your value system dictated by party line.

"Taking a knee" is stupid.

Unless they're praying that black people will quit shooting the shit out of other black people in Chicago. Then it's allowed.

Rahm is closing down whole sections of black Chicago....schools, markets, hospitals closing....he's driving them out.
How so? Link?
And...wherever they go, they will make wherever they land just another Chicago. It's in their DNA.

Haven't you heard its ST Louis and Baltimore. You really should not listen to Trump.
Jackson Mississippi too. And Detroit. And cleveland. Anywhere you find a shitload of blacks...it's going to be murder/ghetto city. Like I said..its in their DNA. And yes...I'm racist when it comes to truth.

yeah it's a truth they try and hide or change the subject on and if those don't work, play the racist card....

if BLM wanted to save black lives, they'd start with gangs and black on black crime....but it doesn't provide any money or publicity.

I am so excited for the playoff games this weekend! I can't wait!

He is an autocrat.

A lot of those republican senators were Never Trump'ers. Before the tax bill Mitch McConnell was always adversarial, and there's always been just enough senate Republican support lingering to shut down any attempts to remove the ACA. If you're gonna try to justify your prior claim by implying that the senate is a rubber stamp machine just because they passed the tax bill, I'm gonna point out that you either have a gold fish's attention span or you haven't been paying attention.

Keep trying. Maybe eventually you'll stumble onto the right combination of words to convince me that you even understand the concept of autocracy. I don't see it happening, but hey, I'm not psychic.

Whites, Indians, some blacks......but it wasn't about race you dipshit....that's the problem......you bring it into anything.........who was free in the Iraq war....everyone but saddams people.........who we liberated

The slaves who went and fought for Britain in hopes of gaining their freedom.
------------------------------------

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
‘Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps’ pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

Another thread for cons to say "we support our Constitutional freedoms except you can never actually USE them. Freedom of speech yes! Except where it makes me uncomfortable. The very definition of snowflake."

He is an autocrat.

Also, let's be fair. Did you -ever- have respect for the Republican congress? Shit, I like them marginally better than the idea of a congress staffed by the current democrats, and even saying that -I- have ever afforded them much respect, on the whole, would be a stretch.

The NFL is going to hell

NFL’s TV ratings drop following a season of injuries, anthem protests

I can't wait for the new XFL to start!

yeah, they are really hurting...

Of the top ten most-watched telecasts last year, seven of them were NFL events, including the Super Bowl, which drew 111.3 million viewers. Thirty-three of the top 50 TV programs were NFL games. NBC’s “Sunday Night Football,” was still the #1 watched TV program last year averaging more than 18 million viewers, despite being down 10% from last season, according to Nielsen. The NFL Network also had a big year coming in as the second most watched cable sports network behind only ESPN.

I would suggest that the death of the NFL is a bit overstated. Last year they had higher revenue than all but like 6 states.
NFL ticket sales plummet 17.9%

Pretty simple solution, if you do not like it, do not watch the NFL. The POTUS has no business sticking his nose into a private business.

So you glad that obozo stuck his nose in Boeing and tried like hell to prevent jobs in south Carolina, what kind of hypocrite are you?

Oh yea you are a commie bastard.

No, I was not glad about those things either.

Once again this is the difference between you and I. As a partisan zealot your entire value system is tied to party affiliation. Thus you base "right" and "wrong" not on the action but upon who is performing it. If the action is done by someone from your party, then it is good and wonderful, if the exact same action is done by someone from the "other" party then it is evil and the end of the world.

I do not live that way, but I do understand that you will never be able to grasp what is like to not have your value system dictated by party line.

I agree with you, conceptually, that basing your judgement on the actor and not the action is stupid as shit, and way too many people engage in that sort of thinking.

In this case, however, comparing Trump tweeting his opinion that the NFL should fire players to president Obama actually infusing businesses with taxpayer money, or actually using the EPA to shut down the coal industry, isn't apples and oranges. It's apples and fucking cheeseburgers. I know that, in the age of "dangerous speech" and "online violence" it's easy to forget, but saying shit =/= doing shit.

The slaves who went and fought for Britain in hopes of gaining their freedom.
------------------------------------

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
‘Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps’ pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

So Einstein where in those lyrics does it mention slaves And is racist?

Another thread for cons to say "we support our Constitutional freedoms except you can never actually USE them. Freedom of speech yes! Except where it makes me uncomfortable. The very definition of snowflake."

Another thread where dumbass leftists can prove they have no idea what the First Amendment even means.

Such a statement would carry a lot more weight from someone that did not use daddy's money to get out of being in the military.

That's retarded. President Donald Trump is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. He owns the military.

Wow, spoken like someone who has never been in the military. That is the most fucked up view of the POTUS's relationship with the military I have ever heard.

You are one dumb human being.

How did you manage to come up with all that while being on your knees?

I served in the US Army and yes, Donald Trump is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. Don't believe me?

Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces - Bing
Yes, sad to say, Orange Bone Spurs is currently CinC.

Where in the Star Spangled Banner does it mention anything about the police?
The Star Spangled Banner is the medium for protests, not the target of protests.

And what problem would that be?
Police brutality as I mentioned before. Try to keep up.
So..what does police brutality have to do with saluting the flag our military fights for? They can go kneel in front a police station if they want. NOT during sports games.

Another thread where dumbass leftists can prove they have no idea what the First Amendment even means.

Too funny. Conservatives change the meaning of the Constitution and every other founding document to fit their memes for the day. Tomorrow you will believe something else.
No moral compass is the motto of the Republican party now.

The NFL is going to hell

NFL’s TV ratings drop following a season of injuries, anthem protests

I can't wait for the new XFL to start!

yeah, they are really hurting...

Of the top ten most-watched telecasts last year, seven of them were NFL events, including the Super Bowl, which drew 111.3 million viewers. Thirty-three of the top 50 TV programs were NFL games. NBC’s “Sunday Night Football,” was still the #1 watched TV program last year averaging more than 18 million viewers, despite being down 10% from last season, according to Nielsen. The NFL Network also had a big year coming in as the second most watched cable sports network behind only ESPN.

I would suggest that the death of the NFL is a bit overstated. Last year they had higher revenue than all but like 6 states.
NFL ticket sales plummet 17.9%

And yet they were still far and away the most popular sports league in the nation.

They will have a revenue of 14 billion dollars this year, even with the "plummet".

As I said, the death of the NFL is a bit overstated.

Forum List

Back