The New Star Trek movie? Just fucking awesome!

Personally, I though that was brilliant.
by doing that he created his own star trek universe,hence why many core fans do not care for it....Abrams is a big Star Wars guy.....i bet if some directer changed Star Wars to make it the way he thinks it should have been....he would have a shit hemorrhage...

What, you mean like what Lucas did with the prequels? :lol:
no,lucas created the stuff he can do what he wants.....im talking if someone else came in to direct and changed it the way he thinks it should be done....look how rick berman came in with Enterprise and changed many a thing that were already established,that show only lasted 4 years and received lots of shit from the fans,Berman did a lot of damage to the TV franchise....

Sure, Lucas can do what he wants. So can the directors making the Star Trek movies. And Lucas changed the way the Star Wars universe worked from the original trilogy, which pissed off a lot of fans of the originals, just like what you are describing with Star Trek. Just because it was Lucas doesn't mean the principle doesn't still apply. :)
well i just found out that Lucas had next to nothing to do with the latest movie since he sold the rights to disney.....once again...J.J.Abrams....so there you are....he fucked up 2 franchises....

You're crazy! The Force Awakens was so much better than any of the prequel movies! Every prequel movie was crap. The Force Awakens, while it copied too much from A New Hope and wasn't as good as the originals, was still so much less of a disappointment and gave hope that the franchise might once again become good. Abrams didn't fuck up Star Wars, he brought it back from total shit to at least decent. :D

Well in the first movie, they introduced the time disruption which completely changed everything. Vulcan was destroyed, Kirik's father was killed. This left them room to do completely different things with the movies. Personally, I see a LOT of nods to the original series. The casting is excellent as well imo.
The time disruption is one of the things I like about the movies. They are now not beholden to strict Trek lore. But you get to see how the characters each evolve and grow.

Love the interactions with all crew members.

Especially Kirk/Spock and Spock/McCoy.

I love the way that the new movies stay true to the original characters, IMO, the casting was brilliant. Except for the vast difference in looks for Scotty, I recognize all of them.
I'm not denying that they exist, I'm just saying there aren't that many of them.
many are not being that vocal because it has revived Trek to the point were they are talking about a new TV show,which will be in the original universe,which makes the core fans happy, and the novels are getting back to the frequency that they were........

I did see the trailer for that series, at least I think it was a teaser from ComicCon. Hopefully it will be better than Star Trek Voyager.
Voyager had its moments....but they dropped the ball on that one,it should have been the best trek ever.....in a different part of the galaxy,they could have had all sorts of new beings and phenomena to throw at us,but except for a few episodes they were pretty lax overall....once again rick berman....

That is correct but not all of what was wrong. Janeway was an awful character, and piss poor Captain. I really didn't like any of the characters. It was just terrible.
check this out......
After 50,000+ votes, you said the best Star Trek captain was...
Well in the first movie, they introduced the time disruption which completely changed everything. Vulcan was destroyed, Kirik's father was killed. This left them room to do completely different things with the movies. Personally, I see a LOT of nods to the original series. The casting is excellent as well imo.
The time disruption is one of the things I like about the movies. They are now not beholden to strict Trek lore. But you get to see how the characters each evolve and grow.

I love the way that the new movies stay true to the original characters, IMO, the casting was brilliant. Except for the vast difference in looks for Scotty, I recognize all of them.
I'm not denying that they exist, I'm just saying there aren't that many of them.
many are not being that vocal because it has revived Trek to the point were they are talking about a new TV show,which will be in the original universe,which makes the core fans happy, and the novels are getting back to the frequency that they were........

I did see the trailer for that series, at least I think it was a teaser from ComicCon. Hopefully it will be better than Star Trek Voyager.
Voyager had its moments....but they dropped the ball on that one,it should have been the best trek ever.....in a different part of the galaxy,they could have had all sorts of new beings and phenomena to throw at us,but except for a few episodes they were pretty lax overall....once again rick berman....

That is correct but not all of what was wrong. Janeway was an awful character, and piss poor Captain. I really didn't like any of the characters. It was just terrible.
check this out......

Sorry......Kirk had the handicap of having William Shatner crap on all of his fans......repeatedly......that hurt Kirk.....picard was a light weight...

check this out......

Meh, she was awful, unwatchable. And though I tried to watch Deep Space 9, it bored me silly. I had almost forgotten about it.

I might have prejudices about Picard. When TNG first came out I was resistant because I was a fan of the old show and didn't want to believe it could be remade. Then I began to like it. THEN at a Sci-Fi convention here in Orlando, I met Patrick Stewart. Well, I "met" him when he signed an autograph that I paid him to sign. Tried to have a quick word or two with him but he was annoyed. It seemed he didn't want to be there, just wanted the money and could barely stand to be with the unwashed masses. Then later on I went to the panel he was on and it continued. He was an ass. So, he has tainted me on TNG, and I don't even watch the reruns anymore.

At least Voyager was about exploration, unlike Deep Space 9. ;)

Of course, I pretty much stopped watching the shows after TNG. It's only because Fuller is making the new one that I'm really interested.

Deep Space 9 bored me so much that I had forgotten it until just now.

check this out......

check this out......

Sorry......Kirk had the handicap of having William Shatner crap on all of his fans......repeatedly......that hurt Kirk.....picard was a light weight...

I finally met him last March at MegaCon in Orlando. He has changed his tune it seems. He was very nice to us all and I had a couple of moments to thank him and he responded with an anecdote. He seemed to appreciate we were there.

Hmm.. Then you might not like this one. The first if the new ones was pretty good, the second one was very good, this one is the best so far. But you have to like Star Trek though.

The first two sucked out loud.

I gave Abrams a pass on the first one, because the idea of a new time line was enough to let the rest of the suckery slide.

But what does he do with his new time line but then thaw out Kahn? Add to it that Into Dorkness had so many glaring plot holes that it became nearly painful to watch.

I have tremendously low expectations for this one, and even they might not be met. Waiting for it to come out on cable.

check this out......

Meh, she was awful, unwatchable. And though I tried to watch Deep Space 9, it bored me silly. I had almost forgotten about it.

I might have prejudices about Picard. When TNG first came out I was resistant because I was a fan of the old show and didn't want to believe it could be remade. Then I began to like it. THEN at a Sci-Fi convention here in Orlando, I met Patrick Stewart. Well, I "met" him when he signed an autograph that I paid him to sign. Tried to have a quick word or two with him but he was annoyed. It seemed he didn't want to be there, just wanted the money and could barely stand to be with the unwashed masses. Then later on I went to the panel he was on and it continued. He was an ass. So, he has tainted me on TNG, and I don't even watch the reruns anymore.

That's too bad. Patrick Stewart always seems funny and easy going when I see him in interviews.

Hmm.. Then you might not like this one. The first if the new ones was pretty good, the second one was very good, this one is the best so far. But you have to like Star Trek though.

The first two sucked out loud.

I gave Abrams a pass on the first one, because the idea of a new time line was enough to let the rest of the suckery slide.

But what does he do with his new time line but then thaw out Kahn? Add to it that Into Dorkness had so many glaring plot holes that it became nearly painful to watch.

I have tremendously low expectations for this one, and even they might not be met. Waiting for it to come out on cable.

It was fucking awesome. More than the first two, which were still very good. Loved the new timeline idea, fucking brilliant. The casting is genius, all of them are reminiscent of the original crew. Can't wait for the next one.

check this out......

That's too bad. Patrick Stewart always seems funny and easy going when I see him in interviews.

Yeah, I didn't expect that from him. 99% of the actors I meet at these are at least polite and smile, some are quite pleased that you came.

Norman Reedus of TWD is the best actor to meet. It is very evident that he loves his fans a great deal, he made paying $80 for an autograph less painful.
William Shatner, who I finally got an autograph of back in March, greeted me with a warm smile and when I thanked him for the entertainment over the years he spent about 3 minutes chatting on about the series.
Christopher Lloyd was a pleasure as well. Either he was in the Character of "Doc" from Back to the Future for us or that is just Christopher Lloyd.
Same with John Astin from the original Addams Family TV series, he IS Gomez Addams. It was a pleasure to meet him.
Lance Henriksen ( of Aliens, Terminator and others) was also a great guy. I was the only one in line for him at the time and we spent nearly 20 minutes talking.
Mila Yovovich was nice too, but either the staff at the con or her managers rushed us through the line for some reason. I felt that was rude but I don't blame her.

Stewart was the only one that I came away feeling denigrated.

check this out......

I thought "Enterprize" was a good series. Female Vulcan......a Trekies' wet dream.

check this out......

I thought "Enterprize" was a good series. Female Vulcan......a Trekies' wet dream.

I watched a good portion of the first season, lost interest after that. I remember thinking it was fairly good.

check this out......

Yeah, I didn't expect that from him. 99% of the actors I meet at these are at least polite and smile, some are quite pleased that you came.

Norman Reedus of TWD is the best actor to meet. It is very evident that he loves his fans a great deal, he made paying $80 for an autograph less painful.
William Shatner, who I finally got an autograph of back in March, greeted me with a warm smile and when I thanked him for the entertainment over the years he spent about 3 minutes chatting on about the series.
Christopher Lloyd was a pleasure as well. Either he was in the Character of "Doc" from Back to the Future for us or that is just Christopher Lloyd.
Same with John Astin from the original Addams Family TV series, he IS Gomez Addams. It was a pleasure to meet him.
Lance Henriksen ( of Aliens, Terminator and others) was also a great guy. I was the only one in line for him at the time and we spent nearly 20 minutes talking.
Mila Yovovich was nice too, but either the staff at the con or her managers rushed us through the line for some reason. I felt that was rude but I don't blame her.

Maybe you caught him on a bad day; for some reason I'd like to think he's not an asshole. It's completely meaningless and I'll almost certainly never meet the man, but still, I have the urge to think of him as a nice guy. :lol:

check this out......

Maybe you caught him on a bad day; for some reason I'd like to think he's not an asshole. It's completely meaningless and I'll almost certainly never meet the man, but still, I have the urge to think of him as a nice guy. :lol:

He's gone on record saying that he was kind of an asshole with no sense of humor when he started on TNG. He's credited the TNG cast for giving him a sense of humor, actually.

I met him a few years ago in Brooklyn, at a bar at 2 am, with his wife. He was incredibly friendly (and a little drunk, possibly high), and we talked for a while about the area, he had just moved into the neighborhood I grew up in.

check this out......

Perfectly reasonable assumption.

An a tangent....back when Dennis Miller had his radio show he mentioned that when Sting was on Saturday Night Live Miller went over to him to meet him and say he was a fan.....and Sting was a total douche bag to him........

Miller the went on to say that years later, he met Sting again and Sting apologized for being such an asshole...he told Miller he had gotten too into himself and that sort of thing......

check this out......

check this out......

hey dont tell me,i had nothing to do with that poll....tell those 50,000 fans who voted.....to me the best Captain was Mackenzie Calhoun from the novel series "the New Frontier" his crew was pretty neat to...

check this out......

check this out......

hey dont tell me,i had nothing to do with that poll....tell those 50,000 fans who voted.....to me the best Captain was Mackenzie Calhoun from the novel series "the New Frontier" his crew was pretty neat to...

I never got around to reading Star Trek books. I did Star Wars, and some of those were good, but not Trek. One of these days.....

check this out......

really?....Stewart was at the first Star Log Convention in Buena Park Cal around 89-90.....the guy had everyone laughing and stuck around and signed stuff for free and talked to people who stuck around....i thought he had a great sense of humor....

check this out......

he was great when i seen him.....

Forum List

Back