The New Star Trek movie? Just fucking awesome!

Yeah....hate to disagree with you...the last two sucked.......

Hmm.. Then you might not like this one. The first if the new ones was pretty good, the second one was very good, this one is the best so far. But you have to like Star Trek though.

I like Star Trek.......I am a fan of the original show....and a few episodes of The Next Generation.......

Notice my photo....that isn't william shatner....I under went extensive plastic surgery, voice coaching and fashion design lessons....that is actually me............

That is how much of a fan of Star Trek I am.......

And the First movie was weak, the second was silly..........

The militarization of Star Fleet......as a problem in the second movie.......? Did the Federation have another military space navy or something? That they could afford to build these vast starships for no other reason than exploration? It was silly....

Hmm.. Then you might not like this one. The first if the new ones was pretty good, the second one was very good, this one is the best so far. But you have to like Star Trek though.
many fans of Star Trek think these movies are just Trek in name only.....many are not happy with what abrams did with the franchise.....and i "chat" with many others in trek chat rooms to see this....and when robert orci basically told those people if you dont like it,tough shit....well he did not help.......

many fans of Star Trek think these movies are just Trek in name only.....many are not happy with what abrams did with the franchise.....and i "chat" with many others in trek chat rooms to see this....and when robert orci basically told those people if you dont like it,tough shit....well he did not help.......
I agree, these new movies seem to be more a spin-off of the Star Trek saga than a part of it.

Great stories nonetheless.

I agree, these new movies seem to be more a spin-off of the Star Trek saga than a part of it.

there was no need for abrams to put them in a different timeline.....

The problem with the new Star Trek movies is that they're just big action movies.

That's never been what Star Trek was. Star Trek is supposed to be more cerebral and ideological, not a re-branded Fast and Furious movie.

Few movies are cerebral these days. The drama sections are slim. Lot's of comic book and fantasy stuff though. Fun to watch but after a while the special effects wear off on me. I call drama movies for grownups.

Few movies are cerebral these days. The drama sections are slim. Lot's of comic book and fantasy stuff though. Fun to watch but after a while the special effects wear off on me. I call drama movies for grownups.

Don't get me wrong, I like mindless action movies too. I enjoyed watching both of the J. J. Abrams Star Trek movies.

I just have an issue with them being Star Trek movies - and I'm not even that big of a Trekkie.

Don't get me wrong, I like mindless action movies too. I enjoyed watching both of the J. J. Abrams Star Trek movies.

I just have an issue with them being Star Trek movies - and I'm not even that big of a Trekkie.
Yeah, they don't really need the name. Any Star Trek fan would naturally be attracted to that type of movie. They could easily change the ship and name and not try to fit it into a known package.

I like Star Trek.......I am a fan of the original show....and a few episodes of The Next Generation.......

Notice my photo....that isn't william shatner....I under went extensive plastic surgery, voice coaching and fashion design lessons....that is actually me............

That is how much of a fan of Star Trek I am.......

And the First movie was weak, the second was silly..........

You know, I wasn't even paying attention. Lol. I was always a fan of the Original. Except for the Harry Mudd episodes they made during the end of the run, which they, imo, didn't put a lot of thought into. And also I like a few of TNG but not all of them.

The first ST movie ever was lame. Wrath of Khan was the best one of those. TNG movies were pretty good, the one with the Borg was the best of those. I felt the new ones were by far the best.

The militarization of Star Fleet......as a problem in the second movie.......? Did the Federation have another military space navy or something? That they could afford to build these vast starships for no other reason than exploration? It was silly....

You understand that you can find fault like that with all of them right?

Really? I haven't heard any until now. And I do have exposure to a lot of ST fans because I have a business/hobby that takes me to comic and sci-fi conventions. not saying that you are lying, I'm sure that there are some, just surprised that I've never met one.

Well in the first movie, they introduced the time disruption which completely changed everything. Vulcan was destroyed, Kirik's father was killed. This left them room to do completely different things with the movies. Personally, I see a LOT of nods to the original series. The casting is excellent as well imo.

there was no need for abrams to put them in a different timeline.....

Personally, I though that was brilliant.

Forum List

Back