The New Star Trek movie? Just fucking awesome!

Yeah....hate to disagree with you...the last two sucked.......

Hmm.. Then you might not like this one. The first if the new ones was pretty good, the second one was very good, this one is the best so far. But you have to like Star Trek though.
many fans of Star Trek think these movies are just Trek in name only.....many are not happy with what abrams did with the franchise.....and i "chat" with many others in trek chat rooms to see this....and when robert orci basically told those people if you dont like it,tough shit....well he did not help.......
I agree, these new movies seem to be more a spin-off of the Star Trek saga than a part of it.

Great stories nonetheless.

Well in the first movie, they introduced the time disruption which completely changed everything. Vulcan was destroyed, Kirik's father was killed. This left them room to do completely different things with the movies. Personally, I see a LOT of nods to the original series. The casting is excellent as well imo.

Actually, the 'nods' to the original series are part of the problem. Instead of using this new timeline to come up with original stories, they decided to redo Khan for the second movie. Terrible idea.

I think the new movies are decent but I wish they'd be NEW movies and not constantly rehash old characters in a poor attempt to draw in fans of the old series/movies.

Hmm.. Then you might not like this one. The first if the new ones was pretty good, the second one was very good, this one is the best so far. But you have to like Star Trek though.
many fans of Star Trek think these movies are just Trek in name only.....many are not happy with what abrams did with the franchise.....and i "chat" with many others in trek chat rooms to see this....and when robert orci basically told those people if you dont like it,tough shit....well he did not help.......

Really? I haven't heard any until now. And I do have exposure to a lot of ST fans because I have a business/hobby that takes me to comic and sci-fi conventions. not saying that you are lying, I'm sure that there are some, just surprised that I've never met one.
then you aint paying attention.....when robert orci told the people expressing displeasure to fuck off if you dont like it....he pissed a few people off....and the new director of this 3rd movie Justin Lin, is a long time fan,unlike Abrams who wasnt,he said he needed to get the other long time fans back in the audience,because he knew what they were talking about,and from what i understand he kinda made this movie more in the spirit of the original series,i havent seen it yet,but do you agree with that?....here is some fans talking about the new movies....
Why do many Star Trek fans consider the recent Star Trek reboot films to be inferior knock-offs and not worthy of the name despite their immense popularity? - Quora

I agree, these new movies seem to be more a spin-off of the Star Trek saga than a part of it.

there was no need for abrams to put them in a different timeline.....

Personally, I though that was brilliant.
by doing that he created his own star trek universe,hence why many core fans do not care for it....Abrams is a big Star Wars guy.....i bet if some directer changed Star Wars to make it the way he thinks it should have been....he would have a shit hemorrhage...

by doing that he created his own star trek universe,hence why many core fans do not care for it....Abrams is a big Star Wars guy.....i bet if some directer changed Star Wars to make it the way he thinks it should have been....he would have a shit hemorrhage...

What, you mean like what Lucas did with the prequels? :lol:

no,lucas created the stuff he can do what he wants.....im talking if someone else came in to direct and changed it the way he thinks it should be done....look how rick berman came in with Enterprise and changed many a thing that were already established,that show only lasted 4 years and received lots of shit from the fans,Berman did a lot of damage to the TV franchise....

Well in the first movie, they introduced the time disruption which completely changed everything. Vulcan was destroyed, Kirik's father was killed. This left them room to do completely different things with the movies. Personally, I see a LOT of nods to the original series. The casting is excellent as well imo.
The time disruption is one of the things I like about the movies. They are now not beholden to strict Trek lore. But you get to see how the characters each evolve and grow.

Love the interactions with all crew members.

Especially Kirk/Spock and Spock/McCoy.

Actually, the 'nods' to the original series are part of the problem. Instead of using this new timeline to come up with original stories, they decided to redo Khan for the second movie. Terrible idea.

I think the new movies are decent but I wish they'd be NEW movies and not constantly rehash old characters in a poor attempt to draw in fans of the old series/movies.

I like them. It's supposed to be the original crew so the nods need to be there, and they have gone in a new direction, the Khan character wasn't affected totally by the new timeline and so he was still a problem for the federation.

They are new movies, and as a 60 year old fan of the original, I appreciate the nods and how true to the original characters these movies are.

Really? I haven't heard any until now. And I do have exposure to a lot of ST fans because I have a business/hobby that takes me to comic and sci-fi conventions. not saying that you are lying, I'm sure that there are some, just surprised that I've never met one.
then you aint paying attention.....when robert orci told the people expressing displeasure to fuck off if you dont like it....he pissed a few people off....and the new director of this 3rd movie Justin Lin, is a long time fan,unlike Abrams who wasnt,he said he needed to get the other long time fans back in the audience,because he knew what they were talking about,and from what i understand he kinda made this movie more in the spirit of the original series,i havent seen it yet,but do you agree with that?....here is some fans talking about the new movies....
Why do many Star Trek fans consider the recent Star Trek reboot films to be inferior knock-offs and not worthy of the name despite their immense popularity? - Quora

I'm not denying that they exist, I'm just saying there aren't that many of them.

This core fan thinks it's brilliant, so do the many that I know.

I'm not denying that they exist, I'm just saying there aren't that many of them.
many are not being that vocal because it has revived Trek to the point were they are talking about a new TV show,which will be in the original universe,which makes the core fans happy, and the novels are getting back to the frequency that they were........

The time disruption is one of the things I like about the movies. They are now not beholden to strict Trek lore. But you get to see how the characters each evolve and grow.

I love the way that the new movies stay true to the original characters, IMO, the casting was brilliant. Except for the vast difference in looks for Scotty, I recognize all of them.

many are not being that vocal because it has revived Trek to the point were they are talking about a new TV show,which will be in the original universe,which makes the core fans happy, and the novels are getting back to the frequency that they were........

I did see the trailer for that series, at least I think it was a teaser from ComicCon. Hopefully it will be better than Star Trek Voyager.

I love the way that the new movies stay true to the original characters, IMO, the casting was brilliant. Except for the vast difference in looks for Scotty, I recognize all of them.

I did see the trailer for that series, at least I think it was a teaser from ComicCon. Hopefully it will be better than Star Trek Voyager.
Voyager had its moments....but they dropped the ball on that one,it should have been the best trek ever.....in a different part of the galaxy,they could have had all sorts of new beings and phenomena to throw at us,but except for a few episodes they were pretty lax overall....once again rick berman....

Of course, these are all our opinions. My opinion is that the new ST movies are better than almost any before them, that's my opinion and I'm not likely to change it.

Here is my opinion on the best Star Trek Movies ranked:

1. Star Trek Beyond.
2. Star Trek Into Darkness
3. Star Trek the Wrath of Khan
4. Star Trek First Contact
5. Star Trek (2009) with new crew.
6. Every other ST movie except the worst two:
7. Star Trek The Voyage Home
8. Star Trek the Motion Picture

Voyager had its moments....but they dropped the ball on that one,it should have been the best trek ever.....in a different part of the galaxy,they could have had all sorts of new beings and phenomena to throw at us,but except for a few episodes they were pretty lax overall....once again rick berman....

That is correct but not all of what was wrong. Janeway was an awful character, and piss poor Captain. I really didn't like any of the characters. It was just terrible.

That is correct but not all of what was wrong. Janeway was an awful character, and piss poor Captain. I really didn't like any of the characters. It was just terrible.
check this out......
After 50,000+ votes, you said the best Star Trek captain was...

no,lucas created the stuff he can do what he wants.....im talking if someone else came in to direct and changed it the way he thinks it should be done....look how rick berman came in with Enterprise and changed many a thing that were already established,that show only lasted 4 years and received lots of shit from the fans,Berman did a lot of damage to the TV franchise....

Sure, Lucas can do what he wants. So can the directors making the Star Trek movies. And Lucas changed the way the Star Wars universe worked from the original trilogy, which pissed off a lot of fans of the originals, just like what you are describing with Star Trek. Just because it was Lucas doesn't mean the principle doesn't still apply. :)

At least Voyager was about exploration, unlike Deep Space 9. ;)

Of course, I pretty much stopped watching the shows after TNG. It's only because Fuller is making the new one that I'm really interested.

Sure, Lucas can do what he wants. So can the directors making the Star Trek movies. And Lucas changed the way the Star Wars universe worked from the original trilogy, which pissed off a lot of fans of the originals, just like what you are describing with Star Trek. Just because it was Lucas doesn't mean the principle doesn't still apply. :)
well i just found out that Lucas had next to nothing to do with the latest movie since he sold the rights to disney.....once again...J.J.Abrams....so there you are....he fucked up 2 franchises....

At least Voyager was about exploration, unlike Deep Space 9. ;)

Of course, I pretty much stopped watching the shows after TNG. It's only because Fuller is making the new one that I'm really interested.
i thought DS9 jumped up a few levels when Worf joined the cast.....then they had started a good story line....

Forum List

Back