The Myth of the Racist Republicans

As did many of us.

The intent of the Southern strategy was to break the stranglehold democrats had on Congress and state governments.

To that extent the strategy worked.

And although the GOP and conservatives are not collectively racist, nor do they pander to racism, both the party and ideology attract an inordinate number of racists.

It is therefore incumbent upon republicans and conservatives to explore the root cause of this troubling phenomenon.

First of all, in a two-party system where one party panders their asses off to minorities, where the fuck else would you expect them to go?

Secondly, this 'inordinate number' is WHAT, exactly. The hardcore racists mostly vote for 'fringes' like the Constitution Party.

Third, to call this a 'troubling phenomenon' is nothing more than making a mountain out of a molehill. The Republican Party isn't DOING anything racist, they aren't PROPOSING anything racist and the VAST majority don't SUPPORT anything racist.

Voter ID is racist.

Bashing gays is bigoted. Denying them equal protection of the laws is bigoted.

Yeah, voter ID is racist, go fuck yourself, moron.

That's the myth you are spreading and we can ignore it. :lol:

Some truth currently exists in the OP today in our GOP.

That is why Jindall, Martinez, Boehner, Gingrich, Rubio, Ryan, Christie, Will, Kristol, and many other are turning their back on the far right of our party: no more hatred.

We will reach out to immigrants, minorities, stop pounding on gays, began prioritizing women over fetuses, and end neo-conservtatist foreign policy.

We are in a good place and in 2016 we will sweep government.

That's nice... and what about the money interests who control the party and force these retarded agendas? They are the true controlling interests of the Republicans and they don't seem to be going away anytime soon.

As did many of us.

The intent of the Southern strategy was to break the stranglehold democrats had on Congress and state governments.

And although the GOP and conservatives are not collectively racist, nor do they pander to racism, both the party and ideology attract an inordinate number of racists.

It is therefore incumbent upon republicans and conservatives to explore the root cause of this troubling phenomenon.

First of all, in a two-party system where one party panders their asses off to minorities, where the fuck else would you expect them to go?

Secondly, this 'inordinate number' is WHAT, exactly. The hardcore racists mostly vote for 'fringes' like the Constitution Party.

Third, to call this a 'troubling phenomenon' is nothing more than making a mountain out of a molehill. The Republican Party isn't DOING anything racist, they aren't PROPOSING anything racist and the VAST majority don't SUPPORT anything racist.

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Voter ID is racist.

Voter ID is racist?? Go fuck yourself, jackass, that's ridiculous!

I don't see religious people standing up for a religious institution as 'bashing' anyone. And I don't give a rip one way or the other, I think equal protection under the law should be a given. Civil unions accomplish that without pissing all over the religious folks.

Compromise, try it.

The GOP has no ideas on the table. That's why Romney lost. Not because Obama was giving free stuff to the negroes.

The GOP spends all its time looking for scapegoats. The "gay agenda" which is destroying America. The Mexican illegals voting for Obama, destroying America by soaking up our medical resources, raping our women, and stealing our jobs. Black activists since the Carter Administration forcing banks to make loans to negroes, which ultimately brought down our economy.

The constant hunt for scapegoats instead of putting ideas on the table really does make the GOP look like a bunch of bigoted retards.

No one is saying Obama won by giving free stuff to Negroes. God I hate people like you.

Seriously?

"In a conference call with fund-raisers and donors to his campaign, Mr. Romney said Wednesday afternoon that the president had followed the “old playbook” of using targeted initiatives to woo specific interest groups — “especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people.“In each case, they were very generous in what they gave to those groups,”

Romney Blames Loss on Obama's 'Gifts' to Minorities and Young Voters - NYTimes.com

OK, let me spell out the problem with this topic. The constant charge of racism in our society (GOP or otherwise) has convinced many Black Americans that they will be held back from accomplishment no matter how hard they try. As a result, many do not try, thereby creating a self-fulfilling prophesy. Further, it tempts them to see racism even when it is not a factor, such as being turned down for a loan because of bad credit. I understand that maintaining a unified Black voting block is necessary to keep the "good" people in power, but is it really worth it?

What do you call it when a white family with a credit score of 500 applies for and receives a loan, but a black family, with the same score and stats, is refused?

All things being equal (Debt-to-income ratio, income, etc.) that would be wrong.

Are all things equal?

Hell, I haven't even started on all the anti-Muslim bullshit the GOP is renowned for.

BlackGenocide.org | The Negro Project

A myth about conservatism is circulating in academia and journalism and has spread to the 2004 presidential campaign. It goes something like this: the Republican Party assembled a national majority by winning over Southern white voters; Southern white voters are racist; therefore, the GOP is racist. Sometimes the conclusion is softened, and Republicans are convicted merely of base opportunism: the GOP is the party that became willing to pander to racists. Either way, today's Republican Party—and by extension the conservative movement at its heart—supposedly has revealed something terrible about itself.

Ever since Nixon. They called it the Southern strategy. Previously liberal Republicans were on the forefront of the Civil Rights movement, but that changed in the 70s as they courted racist Democrats and drove the liberals out of the party. THAT'S history, folks. I watched it happen. I used to occasionally vote for a Republican, but that hasn't happened in a long time. It IS something terrible and something they going to have to deal with and change, if they hope to ever win a national election again. They did it again this year by alienating Hispanics. Will they ever learn? You don't create Reagan's Big Tent by demeaning vast segments of the population

dems make demeaning comments about white people every day, if fact almost constantly

The myth is that racism doesn't exist. It does on all sides. I am sure that both Rep and Dem will be happy to point out how the other side is guilty of it. Don't want to be called a racist, don't act like one. Neither side can claim they don't have elements of it because both sides have a history of it. Extreme elements control both parties, and in an all or nothing game, Reps went all in. Now the hard left that the country took will take hold. Racist will always be around, left, right, the question is how we handle it.

The GOP has no ideas on the table. That's why Romney lost. Not because Obama was giving free stuff to the negroes.

The GOP spends all its time looking for scapegoats. The "gay agenda" which is destroying America. The Mexican illegals voting for Obama, destroying America by soaking up our medical resources, raping our women, and stealing our jobs. Black activists since the Carter Administration forcing banks to make loans to negroes, which ultimately brought down our economy.

The constant hunt for scapegoats instead of putting ideas on the table really does make the GOP look like a bunch of bigoted retards.

No one is saying Obama won by giving free stuff to Negroes. God I hate people like you.

Get ready for some butt hurt:

Mitt Romney told his top donors Wednesday that his loss to President Obama was a disappointing result that neither he or his top aides had expected, but said he believed his team ran a “superb” campaign with “no drama,” and attributed his rival’s victory to “the gifts” the administration had given to blacks, Hispanics and young voters during Obama’s first term.

Obama, Romney argued, had been “very generous” to blacks, Hispanics and young voters. He cited as motivating factors to young voters the administration’s plan for partial forgiveness of college loan interest and the extension of health coverage for students on their parents’ insurance plans well into their 20s. Free contraception coverage under Obama’s healthcare plan, he added, gave an extra incentive to college-aged women to back the president.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-election-campaign-donors-20121114,0,5622330.story

Last edited:
OK, let me spell out the problem with this topic. The constant charge of racism in our society (GOP or otherwise) has convinced many Black Americans that they will be held back from accomplishment no matter how hard they try. As a result, many do not try, thereby creating a self-fulfilling prophesy. Further, it tempts them to see racism even when it is not a factor, such as being turned down for a loan because of bad credit. I understand that maintaining a unified Black voting block is necessary to keep the "good" people in power, but is it really worth it?

What do you call it when a white family with a credit score of 500 applies for and receives a loan, but a black family, with the same score and stats, is refused?

I call it either erroneous information or a beautiful lawsuit. Can come up with a legitimate example of this happening (not hearsay) which does not involve other factors such as property value, etc.?

P.S. How does the lender (i.e., Wells Fargo) know the race of the borrower?

BlackGenocide.org | The Negro Project

A myth about conservatism is circulating in academia and journalism and has spread to the 2004 presidential campaign. It goes something like this: the Republican Party assembled a national majority by winning over Southern white voters; Southern white voters are racist; therefore, the GOP is racist. Sometimes the conclusion is softened, and Republicans are convicted merely of base opportunism: the GOP is the party that became willing to pander to racists. Either way, today's Republican Party—and by extension the conservative movement at its heart—supposedly has revealed something terrible about itself.

Ever since Nixon. They called it the Southern strategy. Previously liberal Republicans were on the forefront of the Civil Rights movement, but that changed in the 70s as they courted racist Democrats and drove the liberals out of the party. THAT'S history, folks. I watched it happen. I used to occasionally vote for a Republican, but that hasn't happened in a long time. It IS something terrible and something they going to have to deal with and change, if they hope to ever win a national election again. They did it again this year by alienating Hispanics. Will they ever learn? You don't create Reagan's Big Tent by demeaning vast segments of the population

really? Well I watched and was political aware then to, so please tell me the racist polices or pushing off from the "forefront of the civil rights movement" for example, the Republican party engaged in that validates it was nothing more than the same opportunism that the dems engaged in when they decided in 68 and 72 to court "dissected voters" with the status quo??

All things being equal (Debt-to-income ratio, income, etc.) that would be wrong.

Are all things equal?

That was the claim of the lawsuit, that apples to apples, white customers were granted loans black customers were not.

And where do you see that problem?

When you are on the board of directors with a need to know, you can be told. And the % was not minimal. Some problems occurred in the insurance industry in the community as well. However, we have worked hard through the years to limit institutional racism, and we have done a good job here.

I would say the problem today is far less than what it was at the beginning of the Clinton years, twenty years ago.

We had to sack a loan officer at the local bank for that nonsense.

Who is "we" and what percentage of total loans made by his company were affected?

As did many of us.

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Voter ID is racist.

your mixing apples and oranges, just becasue you say its racist doesn't make voter ID so, and if that were the case I guess that makes Justice John Paul Stevens a racist.......you want to defend that?

Bashing gays? dude huh, please.

equal protection? oh like affirmative action accords everyone equal protection? :eusa_whistle:

And where do you see that problem?

I'm referring to the Obama 1995 Citibank lawsuit.

Repubs oppose affirmative action so they are obviously anti-racist. Guess what that makes dems.

Didha know that the first affirmative actions taken was taken under a Republican President? I'll bet you didn't know that.

actually Kennedy watching a Coast Guard review asked on the spot why there were no blacks in the class......he instituted an investigation etc...( there was one before admitted in 55, but he washed out).

Seriously?

"In a conference call with fund-raisers and donors to his campaign, Mr. Romney said Wednesday afternoon that the president had followed the “old playbook” of using targeted initiatives to woo specific interest groups — “especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people.“In each case, they were very generous in what they gave to those groups,”

Romney Blames Loss on Obama's 'Gifts' to Minorities and Young Voters - NYTimes.com

The meme being put out by "republicans" is Obama won by promising free stuff to people. Contrary to what you think people isn't code for *******, spics, or fags.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back